Chapter 8

CLOVER: I Give You My First Love

 

"Are you sure about that Yonghwa?" Mr. Jung asked.

Here he was sitting in front of his parents. He just told them about his plan of entering Seoul University. “De Appa.”

“But it’s two hours away from here Yonghwa!” Mrs. Jung said, she doesn’t like the idea of Yonghwa being away from them. Not in this situation.

“I’m going to be fine Omma.” He said. “I want to try being independent.”

“But—“

“Let him..” Mr. Jung said “Yonghwa is a smart kid. I know he can take care of himself. Just remember that we are just a phone call away arasseo?”

Yonghwa nodded, with that the topic of him entering the most prestigious university in the country were set aside. All along Seohyun is there. She was about to enter the house when she saw the door is slightly open, but she immediately froze in her spot hearing the conversation between Yonghwa and his parents.

‘Since when did he think of entering Seoul University?’ She asked herself. ‘Does he have other plan?’ she continued asking herself. ‘Why he didn’t tell me about this? Am I not part of his plan?’

Unconsciously she found herself leaning in the big oak tree in their usual place, their ‘clover hill’. She cried, thinking about the thoughts of her and Yonghwa away from each other. ‘How long is it again before we graduate? 2 months? Then after that he’s going there to Seoul University while I’ll enter Dongguk and pursue my dreams of becoming an actress.’ She continued crying her mind is full of pessimistic thoughts. ‘Then he’s going to meet prettier girls there… ier… and intelligent girls…and eventually he’ll forget about me.’

“Hyun?”

She turned her head around to see Yonghwa standing there. He sat next to her.

“What happen to you?” he asked as he wiped off her tears. “Why are you crying?”

She moved her face away from him and wiped her face with the back of her hand. “Aniyo. It’s nothing.” She said with a shaky laugh. “It’s because of another sappy noble.”

“Is that so?” he asked and she nodded. “But you don’t have book with you.” He said as a matter of fact.

“Don’t worry I’m fine”

He looked at her contemplating if he’s going to believe her and he finally nodded. “Arasseo. So tell me something about this noble you’re talking about.”

She dug her mind about the latest noble she had read that week and started narrating while Yonghwa played with her hands. She recall the parts that she remembered and with that she forgot the idea of him away from her.

***
“…Today is our last day in high school. This is not the end, this is just the start of another chapter of our life that is about to open. Let’s continue doing our best in University with the chosen paths that we will take. Life is short… Cherish it and live like every day is the last day of our life. Let’s continue and don’t stop chasing our dreams. Again, congratulations to all of us. Kamsahamnida!”

Yonghwa bowed as the loud claps echoed through the wide auditorium. His the valedictorian of their batch. He smiled seeing the happy faces of his batch mates. He got down from the stage and headed to where his parents are and was welcomed with a beautiful  bouquet and a warm hug.He looked at the back to get a glimpse of Seohyun but due to the heavy crownd he can’t spot her. He decided to just look for her after the program. Today is the day. He’s going to tell her his plan of entering Seoul university, he just hope she’s going to take the news lightly.

***
“Hyun!” Yonghwa shouted. “Seohyun-ah!”

He wanted to run because she can’t hear him and just continue walking away, but he knows he’s going to face the wrath of a fuming Seohyun once he did that that’s why he just continued to shout. Luckily, at the third or fourth time she finally pivoted her head towards him, she look at him and just stood there and waited for him to come.

“Is there something wrong?” She asked as soon as he reached her.

“Nothing. But I have something to tell you.”

“And what is that?”

He sighed. “Hyun…”

“Hmm?”

“I-I’m.. going to enter Seoul University.”

She halted in her step. He watched as if in slow motion how she faced him. She look at his eyes and he looked back waiting for her reaction. Until she smiled, but not her usual smile, this one, it didn’t even reached her eyes.

“chukhae…”

He looked at her as if she’s a ghost. He didn’t think that she’s going to take this news this “lightly”. His heart sank thinking that she’s not affected even a bit.

“I-is that… Is that the only thing you can say?” he said sounding hurt.

Her right brow went up. “Why? It’s not surprising to hear that you’re accepted to Seoul University Yong. And I know you’re going to be accepted to any University you like without even exerting any effort… Unlike me.” She said the last two words softly.

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing.” She said and smiled. That smiled again and its starting to annoy him. “I’m going now. I’m going to have lunch with Appa, he’s waiting for me in the car. Congratulations Mr. Valedictorian! Haha… bye!” She said before turning around and continue walking.

He watch her walk with sad face. He didn’t know why she’s acting like that.

***
Days had started to pass by like a blink of an eye. Seohyun is starting to distance herself from Yonghwa. She’s trying to convince herself that it’s the best so that it will be easier for her once the next academic  year started.

At the same time Yonghwa felt something is weird with him and it didn’t help that he’s worrying about his relationship with Seohyun. True, this is what he planned, what he wanted from the start, his way of sparing her the pain “if” ever his time really comes to an end. He said before that its fine even though he’s hurting because of missing her but he never thought that it would be this hard. He’s not even starting to attend school, they’re still living in the same neighborhood but the longing is terrible. He feels that it multiplies as the seconds passed. He realized that Seo Joo Hyun is not just the girl he loves but she’s someone permanent in his life. Without her, life is no color. Like an old television. Black and White.

***
Yonghwa has monthly check up and today is one of those.

“Your heart is stable Yonghwa. But I can see that you’re a bit stress you know it will affect you. “ Dr. Seo said as he looked at the result in his computer monitor. “Stop thinking too much and as always don’t tire yourself. Drink your medicines regularly. Your body is in good shape for any surgery too, all we need to do is wait for a donor. Do you have something to ask?” Dr. Seo said, and finally looking at him.

He contemplated for a while, watching how the pencil twirls in between Dr. Seo’s fingers. He inhaled before finally asking. “Am I allow to do some exercise?”

“Exercise?”

“”De.”

“What kind of exercise?”

“Like--- se-ex?”

Yonghwa’s answer comes almost in a whisper. He looked at Dr. Seo and waited for his reaction. He stopped from twirling the pencil and broke it in half with his hand. The sound of the breaking pencil echoed in her mind that he didn’t notice that Dr. Seo has already pulled him by the collar.

“Jung. Yong. Hwa. Don’t you ever dare—“ Dr. Seo warned in his not so friendly voice.

“Of course not Samchon!” Yonghwa said trying to pull himself from the griped. As soon as Dr. Seo loose his gripped from Yonghwa’s collar, Yonghwa faked a cough. “You’re about to kill me!”

“Yonghwa I’m serious.”

“I’m serious too. Don’t worry. I won’t do it. I’m just curios.”

“Keep your words.” Dr. Seo sat back to his chair. “It’s okay as long as not with Seo Joo Hyun. You can go now.” He bowed to Dr. Seo before exiting the room. As the door close. Dr. Seo chuckle. “Teens nowadays.”

***

“Seohyun”

“Oh Yong!” Seohyun said, she’s sitting in one the waiting chairs in the hallway. “Are you done with the check up?”

“Yes… Uhh.. Can we talk?”

“But we’re already talking.”

“I mean serious talk.”

“But I’m serious.”

Yonghwa sighed, ‘here she goes again.’  He hold her wrist and started dragging her out of the hospital. She didn’t said anything and just let him dragged her. They went to their usual place. He sat there while pulling her to sat beside him. Once they’re settled he started the “talk”.

“Why are you doing this?” he asked.

“Doing what? What are you talking about? I can’t understand you”

“You’re the one I can’t understand.” He said voice a little louder. “You’ve been avowing me. You’re distancing yourself.”

“I’m not!”

“Yes you are!”

“Huh” she snickered. “Me? Distancing myself? It’s you who wants to go there to Seoul University and get rid of me!” she accused. “This is what you want right? I’m just making it easier for you!”

“Hyun. Don’t do this. I don’t want us to fight.” He said reaching for her hand which she moved away.

“But we’re currently fighting aren’t we?!” she looked away. “I don’t want to talk about this anymore. Please just avoid me and I’ll do the same too.”

“But it’s not easy.”

“DON’T YOU DARE TELL ME ITS NOT EASY BECAUSE YOU STARTED THIS!” She shouted and he was shocked this is the first time she shouted like this. He saw her tears started to flow from the corner of her eyes followed by her sobs. He can’t do anything except from pulling her into his arms. She started fighting pushing him away yet it just made him hug her tighter. “I hate you…. Hate you… so much… This is y-your fault!”

“I know…”he said as he rubbed her back. “I know and I’m so sorry” he moved her away from him to look at her face. “Sorry. I’m wrong I thought if I distanced myself from you, it can lessen your pain but I’m wrong. It just hurt you more… It just hurt both of us… I’m so sorry. Forgive me. Please forgive. Stop avoiding me please.”

She cried some more. “…B-Babo” she said before throwing herself to him. Hugging him tight and he hugged back. They stayed like that, overwhelmed that they are back to what they are before the silly avoiding thing. “But you are going to Seoul University while I’m in Dongguk. We won’t see each other as much like before.”

“We’ll meet when we have time” he answered. “I’ll call you, you’re going to answer my calls right?” he felt her nodded.

Seconds passed and the next thing they know is that their sharing their second kiss. It’s a slow passionate kiss. They kiss and kiss and continued kissing some more. With a one… two… three… and four and five and six  pecks finally the has ended. He hugged her while planting a soft kiss at the top of her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’ll help me packing up my things. Right Hyun?”

She pushed him, brows meeting, eyes glaring and nose flaring. She just looked at him.

“You’ll help me right?”

“OPPA!” she said. She just cried because they’re not going to the same university and here he was asking her to pack his things.

“Who’s going to pack my things for me if not you?” he said with a childish pout.”

“Cham!” she said. “Jinjja Jung Yong Hwa!”

He hugged her really tight. “You need tooooooo~!”

“Arasseo… Arasseo.. Ya! Oppa stop squeezing me! I can’t breathe!”

***

Author’s Note:

Waaaah… Tadaimaaaaaa!!!!
I’m happy because finally I’m out of the darkness now! Haha the wind caused by the typhoon that visited my country is not a joke. I’m glad the power is back because if not I might get insane! This is about to end soon and I hope I have time to post my second story which is partly based on true story.

Good News, Can’t Stop PH. Bad News, I can’t come and see those handsome four! When I heard about the new I was so happy and then the date. SEPTEMBER 19, 2014…. Asdfghjklzxcvbbnm!!!**** Why it has to be a day after our tour for my pre-practicum!!!! TT_TT. The amount I need to pay for my tour is enough for a VIP Ticket… I wanted to cry… But well that’s life. I need to study first and once I become successful I won’t let even a single concert to pass! Fighting!

How was your day? I hope you’re all doing well. Take careJ

Comment inspires me! See you in my next update!

Annyeong!

-gogumajam13