Chapter 5

CLOVER: I Give You My First Love

Chapter 5

After their little quarrel the bestfriend duo were still there in the hill. 

Yonghwa is staring at Seohyun. She has been brushing the clover for the thousand times already. It's like she's looking for something he doesn't know.

"Hyun, are you often here?" He asked while touching the clovers that are lying in the ground.

"Hmmm... Ne...." Seohyun answered, eyes still glued in the clovers.

"Is this is the reason why you're not coming to the hospital to visit me?"

"Yes!"

"Psssh! This place is more important to you now? You replaced me with this hill? With a pretty big tree and never ending clover! I thought you told me I'm handsome?! How can you cheat on me with this place!" He said. Feeling mad. He felt his heart hurt a little. He's always waiting for her in the hospital, yet look at his bestfriend, it seems like he's nothing compared to the clovers  now. At least that's what he thought.

He gained no response from Seohyun. Just like earlier she's busy with the clovers. He's starting to hate those clovers.

"How do you find this place Hyun?"

"I've searched it."

"Wae?!"

"Wae? Why Wae?!"

"Why do you need to searched for it?"

"So that I can --- wait up Yong! Why do you need to ask me many many question?!"

"Because I'm investigating!"

"For what?"

"A crime."

"Crime?"

"Yes! You" he said while pointing to Seohyun, "You Hyunnie is a criminal!"

"Huh?!why? I didn't kill anyone!"

"You do!"

"I did?"

"Yes... You're trying to kill our friendship and I don' like it! Shiro!" 

"I'm not!" Seohyun said defensively. She thought that Yonghwa is out of his mind. 'Maybe because of the medicines Appa gave him... Right maybe that's the reason.'. She thought again. She decided to just let it pass.

"I'm going to destroy this clovers" she heard Yonghwa said from behind. "What did you say?" She asked, her voice a little louder.

"I--i said I'm going to destroy it!!" He said. He perfectly know that voice, the tune that  can make him gulped in an instant, but he's not going to backdown he pretended to be brave.

"It's like destroying my wish too!" She barked. "I need the clovers so that the God of Clover will grant my wish like a genie!"

"You can just pick with any of this! Then you can wish. Then the Clover God will grant it like a genie. Then you can go the hospital and visit me."

"But I need to find the clover with four leaves."

"Aren't all of these have only three leaves?" Yonghwa asked, scanning the ground that is carpeted with clover. He's right all he can see from the ground were clover's with three leaves.

"Ani. Nicole said there's only one in many clovers that has four leaves, then you can wish after you found that" she explained.

"Who is Nicole? Your new bestfriend?!" He said.

Seohyun is looking at her bestfriend weirdly. He's pouting again while glaring at her. Then a thought came to her. A silly grin is currently spreading in her face slowly like a wildfire. 

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun he'a scared knowing what is the reason behind that scary smile.

"Yong... You looked like a jealous bestfriend with your diaper..."

His ear is immediately red after he heard what she said. "Ya! I'm not wearing diapers! And I'm not jealous!"

"You're not wearing? Really?" She turned back to her work. To search. "But I heard the nurse said you're crying because you don't want to pee on diapers" she murmured, acting a if she's just telling it to herself in low voice, but loud enough for him to hear. 

"I did not!"

"Mmmmm" Seohyun didn't say anything she just went back to work. Yonghwa on the other hand started doing the same thing too. 

They stayed like that for a while. Doing nothing but searching.

***

"Waaaa~! Hyunnie! I've found it!" Yonghwa exclaimed making Seohyun look  back quickly at him. Her eyes are all wide when she saw the clovers. "I'm going to tell my wish now!" Yonghwa said holding the clover up.

Before he can even say his wish, she suddenly grabbed the clover from him.

"God of Clover! Please don't take Yonghwa away from us! Please don't let him die!!! Jebalyo!" Seohyun screamed while her tears are constantly flowing in her cheeks. "Let Yonghwa live for hun-hundreads of years... Je---"
 
***

"God of Clover! Please don't take Yonghwa away from us! Please don't let him die!!! Jebalyo!" 

Yonghwa watched how Seohyun cried while saying her wish. 'Hyunnie knows I'm going to die' he thought. 'And she's crying because of me'.

"Let Yonghwa live for hun-hundreads of years... Je---" 

Without even thinking. Yonghwa held Seohyun's face with his hands and kiss him on her lips.

 Seohyun was shocked she didn't expect that Yonghwa would kiss her. That's her first kiss. 

"Why did you kiss me?! I hate you that is my first kiss! Nicole said first kiss should be romantic!"

"Because I want to marry you when we grow up"

"Why?"

"Because I want to! So are you going to marry me?"

"But where is the ring? Just like on TV?"

"I don't have but I'll ask Appa later to buy. For now... Wait..." He picked the flower near the tree and he made the stem of it to form a circle. "Here is your ring. The prettiest ever!" He said while slipping their 'engagement ring' in her left ring finger.
"Your going to marry me now?"

She looked at the 'ring' in her hand then to her bestfriend now fiancé in her front. She smiled at him before hugging him tight. "Yes Yong I'm going to marry you when we grow up!" 

***

Maybe they were just 8 but Yonghwa is serious when he asked his bestfriend about marrying him. For others they might think what the two felt for each other is just puppy love but for the two newly engaged couple, they know they love each other. Much more than a love for a friend. The people around them doesn't need to know what had happen. Because for little Seohyun what matters is that Yonghwa will never die and for Yonghwa, as long as he can watch Seohyun by his side with her bright smile is the most important thing even than his own life.

Every individual in this  planet needs a certain time to meet their other halves. Some needs to wait for a very long time just to find their true happiness. But for Yonghwa and Seohyun, they found their significant pair in such an early age with the thousand of clovers as the witness of their promise.


***


Author's note:

Waaaaaahhhh after I don't know how many years finally I've got the chance to update. Sorry for taking it so loooooong! Life has been a roller coaster for me from the past months.

A friend keeps on bugging me to end this story here in the engagement part, but a part of me doesn't want to do it, I still have lots of scenes I imagine that I want to add in the story but only hindrance is time that's why I'm thinking of ending it too. But I felt that it will be unfair, because I know how it feels to wait for an update from your favorite author that's why I decided to continue writing this though I can't promise when but just like what I said from the beginning, I'll do my very best to finish this story.

 PS
Pinoy chingus! Malapit na pasukan! Ready na ba kayo,?! Ako hindi pa! Hahahaha! Lets ace this upcoming school year! Fighting!