Chapter 3

CLOVER: I Give You My First Love
Chapter 3
 
Seohyun waited outside the emergency room with Yonghwa's parents beside her she's still crying. 
 
"Seohyunnie... don't cry... Yonghwa is strong" his mother said trying to stop the girl from crying. 
 
"I should stop him from running Imo..."
 
Even before Yonghwa's mother can react to Seohyun, the emergency door opened reviling Seohyun's father.
 
"Doctor" 
 
"Appa"
 
Dr. Seo removed his medical gloves and mask before walking straight to  them.
 
"Mr. & Mrs. Jung... please follow me to my office."
 
***
 
"Doc how... how's Yonghwa? Is he okay now?" Yonghwa's mother asked. Fear is evident in her voice.
 
"He's safe now. We're glad he was rushed to E.R. in time... but--"
 
"b-but?" his mother asked, tightening the grip in Yonghwa's father.
 
"But his heart is totally weakening as the time pass. We did an operation to him earlier, that's why he is safe now, but sooner or later he'll need a heart transplant."
 
"What will happen if we didn't find a compatible donor for him?"
 
"The worst thing might happen"
 
"How long? How long can we still--"
 
"20 years"
 
The room went silent. Until a sob escaped from Yonghwa's mother. She's pitying her son. How can an innocent kid like Yonghwa has a destiny like that? 
 
"If only I can transfer his suffering to me, it would be better" she said mercilessly. Crying her heart out in her husband's arms, as the latter kept on preventing his tears to escape.
 
"Jongseonghamnida... For now the only thing we can do is to prevent him from any kind of stress and heavy activities" Dr. Seo said, bowing low apologetically and sympathetically before leaving the room to give the couple a chance to digest one of the cruelties reality of life.
 
***
 
As soon as Dr. Seo turned the knob of the door in his office he was shocked to see his daughter outside. Her face is red from crying.
 
"Joo Hyun I-- WAIT!"
 
Before he can reach out to his daughter, Seohyun run fast away to her father, eyes blurred from the tears that kept of gushing out from her eyes.
 
Dr. Seo can't help but felt bad. He knows his daughter really well. He need to do anything, anything just to save Yonghwa from his suffering. He doesn't want his daughter to become a little monster again just like what happen after his wife passed because of the same illness. No. He'll do everything to prevent that from happening.
 
***
 
Author's Note:
 
Sorry for the short update I've got so many narrative papers to be submitted by the end of the week that's why I didn't have time to post an update...  
 
And I'm kind of busy fan-girling at those Korean Foreign Students in our University. Most of them are cute with their broken English and cute tagalog words and the most epic is when the Korean Prof gave me a lollipop while saying "Korean Candy".
 
I'm half way done to the next chapter yet I can't promise when will I post it. Thank you for those who subscribe!
 
Hanggang sa muli! 
-gogumajam13