7.Rudolph's Antlers

Pink Balloons

"Come on Kris, put on the damn reindeer antlers!" Chanyeol cursed at Kris as he fought through the older boy's longer and stronger arms. 

Baekhyun glanced over his shoulders and looked back at the unamused wide eyed boy who stared at Jongin, who walked in with scripts tucked between his arm. Baekhyun smiled and placed both his hands on Kyungsoo's narrow shoulders. Squeezing it tightly, Baekhyun gave Kyungsoo a reassuring look that he will do great on the play and he will succeed on pleasing the audience. Kyungsoo trembled and bit the bottom of his pink lip, "What if I forget my lines?"

Baekhyun chuckled softly. "Well, Jongin will wave the script in his hand and write it on a white board for you to read behind the audience."

Kyungsoo nodded in satisfaction. "Then, what if I collapse and die from nervousness?"

"Don't worry," Baekhyun smiled, "I heard that Yixing is studying as a nurse, he might revive you!"

"Alright!" Chanyeol suddenly bursted with victory written across his lips, "We can start the play! I finally got the antlers on Kris's head!" 

Chanyeol hissed and pulled Kris up to his feet. He set Kris up and ready on the stage with a gentle push of encouragment and a hint of mock in his voice. Kris grumbled and stomped his way to the stage, meeting a stiff Kyungsoo who blinked blankly at the giant. Kris grinned nervously rubbing the back of his neck and chuckled dryly before meeting eye contact at the little boy who swallowed hard. Kris staggered a bit before he was able to walk to the boy who only reached up to his chin. 

He looked down, "Uhm, are you okay?"

Kyungsoo avoided his gaze and looked between the gaps of the curtain, watching the kids gather to sit comfortably on the carpet, "Sure. Yeah, I'm okay."

Kris nodded, awkwardly reached for Kyungsoo's hand and squeezed it between his hands, "Hey listen, don't worry. You'll do fine."

"Take positions!" Jongin suddenly yelled from behind and raised a hand up for attention. Kyungsoo jerked back and shuffled to his position. 

"Thanks for the encouragment, Kris."

"It was nothing."

"In three seconds!" Luhan announced and went on countdown. Kris sighed and pulled the antlers into place. He grumbled and from the corner of his eyes watched Kyungsoo close his eyes. His lips moving and chanting something Kris couldn't tell. He took deep tired breaths and tapped his foot impatiently. Later at the last two seconds of the countdown, Jongin greets him goodluck with an embrace and a sweet and reassuring smile before kissing Kyungsoo's forehead. Kyungsoo smiles and mouths 'Thank you' to the boy and returns to position. Looking more relaxed and confident he pulled a shy thumbs up to the giant who returned the thumbs back. One thing Kris has realized is that nothing can ruin you as long the person you love is there for you. 

 

"Aren't they cute!" Baekhyun squeaks and locks both of his hands together, sighing in a dreaming matter.

Chanyeol snorted, "Who Kyungsoo and Kris? Don't you think he looks like a doll right next to Kris, it makes Kris look like a giant."

"That's cute." Baekhyun remarked with his head titled up and a pout forming on his pink lips. "I even made a shipping name for them."

Chanyeol raises a brow and watches Baekhyun in amusment."Krisoo" Baekhyun proudly said as he waved both his hands to the opposite direction, like forming an imaginary rainbow over his head. He chuckles and leans on the wall looking endearingly at the other boy who seems to be blushing really hard at Chanyeol's gaze.

"I still think Jongin fits Soo more." He suddenly added and let out a louder laugh. 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and lightly punches him on the arm, "No, I like Kris more with Kyungsoo. But, I think Jongin fits the pairing more well. Kaisoo."

"Kaisoo?"

Both boys suddenly jerk back a glance noticing Sehun walking in from the back of the day care door. Holding an empty bottle of Bubble tea and wearing a stylish coat to protect him from the cold. Chanyeol smirks as he watches Sehun clear his throat and rubbing his red nose warm. Baekhyun shook his head and patted the young boy on the back. 

"You should have been Rudolph instead of Kris." Chanyeol said with a tone that gets Sehun annoyed.

"Luhan's going to kill you for coming late." he added again. 

"I kno-"

"Yah! Sehuna! Where have you been?" Sehun cringes at the sound of his angry boyfriend and grabs all the guts to turn at the pouting Luhan who placed both of his hands on his hips. 

"I-I was..uh-Oh, Oh." He was cut off with a kiss on the lips and a hug to welcome him to the day care. 

"You were lost didn't you and traffic on the highway?" Luhan took the words out of his mouth as Sehun laid on the crook of Luhan's neck. 

"Yeah, you can say that."

Baekhyun smiles as he turns to look at Chanyeol who was busy watching the act the two managed to do. So far they were pleasing the kids at the center especially Yejun and Jihoon who laughed at their father. The other kids laughed as Kris trips on Kyungsoo's foot by accident and falls hard on his face. It wasn't in the script but, it made the people laugh. Even the parents seem pleased. Jongin let out an exasperated sigh as he writes another line from the script on the board. Raising it over his head with his sore arms. 'D.O the Actor' Bekhyun thought and chuckled to himself. The first time he met Kyungsoo was at highschool. They were rivals for the vocal spot in a school band called EXO. D.O was the name he was introduced with in the beginning. Baekhyun knew it wasn't his name, so just called him Kyungsoo. Luhan prefered calling him D.O than Kyungsoo because it was much quicker and shorter to say. 

Chanyeol pats the smaller boy's shoulder and points up to the stage, "Look! Minseok's coming up. Wait a minute, why is he Santa Claus?"

Baekhyun laughed at the image of Minseok dressed as Santa Claus and tippy toed to see a better view of their friends being dressed as famous Christmas images. 

 

"Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas, Rudolph can you please pull the Sled for me and lead the way?" 

Kris waited for the kids to answer, "Hmm I don't know...mayb-"

"Pull the sleigh Rudolph! Pull it!" The kids yelled in union becoming very into the whole play. It's like rewatching Dora and making her wait for whatever the kids wanted to say. Baekhyun laughed and Chanyeol grinned brightly.

"Sure, I'll help you." Kris laughes but, adds, "But, the elf has to go along."

Kyungsoo, startled by the sudden change of scripts turns to Jongin who slaps himself on the forehead. Another thing that wasn't a part of the script. Looking nervous, his eyes darted to Baekhyun who raised both his thumbs up.

"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun called out his name "Just make some lines up as you go!"

"I can't do that!" Kyungsoo whispers and turns his view back to the anxious kids who squirmed on their seats. Sehun rolled his eyes and threw a straw at the wide eyed boy. 

"Shut up and do the play." 

Kyungsoo raises his brow at the boy and nods anyway, "Why do you need me to come with you?", Kyungsoo added another line, but this time a tone that actually scared Sehun. 

"Because, it'll be more fun." Kris simply adds and casually stuffs his large hands in his pockets.

"Fun?" Kyungsoo repeated but, his voice sounding more threatening. 

Minseok chuckled dryly, "Why don't we leave Elf D.O here and Xiumin Claus and Rudolph Kris" He emphasized his name and gave him the look, Kris didn't seem bothered at all, "Will continue to distribute the presents."

The tension was about to rise and Luhan seems to be a bit disappointed that the children's act was becoming more like an adult drama he sees on t.v. Parent's became to cross their arms, listening diligently to their unintentional arguement. For some reason Baekhyun can see the lightining coming through from their foreheads. 

Suddenly a question was asked in the crowds, "What does Distribute mean?", Yejun asked. Jihoon gave his father a judging look and motioned him to get a move on. 

Kyungsoo blinked and cleared his throat, "Ah, distribute means to pass out."

"Pass out as in fainting," Yejun bluntly added and wanted more than that.

"Means passing out something. I give you something and I give another the same thing, that's passing out." Minseok elaborated the word 'distrubute' 

"More like sharing" Kris muttered. 

Jongin started banging his head on the white board and wrote, 'GET ON WITH THE PLAY AND STOP YOUR CHILDISH BICKERING'. 

 

Chanyeol sighs and leans on the wall in relief that the play was almost over and the whole situtation had cooled down. Baekhyun did the same and sat on the floor, playing with his fingers as they waited patiently for the play to be over. They still needed to do some Christmas activities and pass out presents they bought with their own money and some fundraising that Chen and Joomyeon's company managed to raise. About three more hours to hit 6 in the night, and that's when the whole Christmas Children's party will end. Sehun and Luhan wanted to go to some date after the party was over. Kyungsoo even mentioned that it was most beautiful at night during the Christmas holidays. Kris just wanted to go home and sleep after the tiring struggles of crouching down, acting like some wild animal that had embarrasing antlers. Yejun and Jihoon would of course want to spend time with their gifts. 

"Everybody ready?" Jongin announced and clapped his hands to catch the entusiastic children's attention. "We're passing out gifts that we managed to buy for all 57 of you. Even parents are welcomed and we have gifts for you too."

They cheered in excitment and enjoyed the blissful scene. Chanyeol would call out the names of the children and pass out a fairly large box that would be the size of an average child. Amazing, Chanyeol thought while passing out the gifts, it's amazing how Baekhyun can organize all of this. He wonders if he does this every year or just this year. Baekhyun stands besides him with arms crossed with success. 

"Thanks Yeol, without your help and the others...I wouldn't be able to do this."

Chanyeol smiled, "It was nothing. You did a great job managing the whole thing."

Baekhyun sighed and hugged Chanyeol, "I'm so happy I met you. I don't know, I never realized that this event would be so fun."

"You want to go somewhere after this?", Chanyeol whispered to his ear and returned the hug. Baekhyun held on the hem of Chanyeol's shirt tighter and nodded at the crook of his neck. He wanted to stay like this but, sadly they must let go to continue pleasing the guests. One more hour left and he and Chanyeol will spend time together for the night. 

Jongdae and Joomyeon came at the last minute to announce a few things and to stop by to greet their friends hello and what's up. It was fun especially the lively Jongdae fooling around with Mr. Proffesional Joomyeon. Kris was too serious to have fun, but had the chance to show his softie side along with a few confessions about galaxies. Jongin confessed that he was afriad of Kyungsoo and didn't want to even get near him, which was reasonable. He's squishy on the outside and a totally different person when annoyed. It all the started from a playful joke into deep confessions. They didn't drink or anything, it just got serious. 

It was already six and everyone except the 11 were there, including the two children who were too preoccupied with the gifts they've recieved. Yejun recieved a toy gun loaded with foam bullets while Jihoon got books and a couple of science expierements. It was nice they thought, to be watching the kids happy with whatever they got. It was Baekhyun's idea to start something big for once. One by one they left, only leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun who continued to clean the mess. It was turning seven now and Baekhyun struggles to lock the keys single handedly and Chanyeol helps him by placing his hands on top of his and guiding it to the lock, turning it successfully. 

"Thanks", he mumbled and followed Chanyeol home to set his things there while they go on something you call a date. 

They were silent for the rest of the trip. Instead of using a car, they used the bus and sat at the back. Watching the buidings pass by and some lights flicker off and some flicker back on. There were trucks on the side, loading a few things for the fesitival held in the next week or so. Near the holiday. Two Moons Fesitval. Chanyeol never heard of it but, it sounded promising. He yawned and felt a light brush on the shoulder, realizing the boy who fell asleep on his shoulder. It takes another 20 minutes to finally arrive to this recent quick mart that opened just a week ago. He grabs the drowsy boy's hand and let his fingers tangle with his. Walking into the quick mart, Baekhyun rubs his eyes and trails behind Chanyeol who bought hot chocolate to drink outside the nice cold weather. It was nice, it wasn't too cold, it was just right. The breeze was gentle and the snow that gently flutter down to their shoulder. The vapor of the warm hot chocolate disappears to the sky, making Baekhyun shiver. 

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol called out and folded his hands on his lap, looking at Baekhyun whose cheeks turned rosy pink and nose red. "I..uhm."

Baekhyun smiled, "I think I know what you're going to say."

Chanyeol's eyes lighted up and looked frantically around to try to distract himself, "You do?" He cracked.

Baekhyun nodded, "Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

Chanyeol sighed, "Baek." He takes sharp breathes. He wants to get this over with. He waited for five months for this day, and he thinks today he realized that this isn't just some crush and puppy love, it's love. He has the guts, he needs all the guts he needs for this. Baekhyun looks up and eyes waiting for something he's expected. Yet Chanyeol can be wrong. 

The snow stops and the silence becomes deafening. 

"I Love You."

 

 

 

-------------------------

A/N: Hey guys I'm back! Sorry I just had so much exams, been having this stupid exams for two weeks and next week is my last week. I figured it'll be nice to update since I wouldn't be updating the next week or so. I'm going to graduate, Yeaaaaaahhhhh ~ Now I can update all I want. And now I will shower you with fluff and love. 

Hey guys want another Chanbaek fic? Check out my new and recent fic A Sky Full of Stars  It's just new so it's only introduction.

 

Sorry for errors and spelling and grammar mistakes.