5.November Breezes

Pink Balloons

"Happy Birthday my friend!", Sehun said bluntly before being shoved aside from his boyfriend who attacked Chanyeol and Jongin with hugs. Sehun rolled his eyes before setting a few bags on the floor. Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck before backing awkwardly away from the excited boy who bounced on the couch, grinning merrily at the pictures hung crookedly on their white walls. Jongin grinned and fist pumped Sehun and handed him a can of soda before walking up to his room, catching a pair of socks located somewhere in his bed.

Chanyeol took his pair of glasses and pushed it up his nose and into place before shuffling over to the kitchen to give Luhan a glass of water. The older boy grinned and accepted the glass from him, sipping a small portion and set it quietly on the coffee table Chanyeol recently bought.

"So, " Luhan started and folded his hands that set nicely on his lap, "How’s life here? I heard you got accepted to another photography company."

He nodded before pulling another chair over, “Yeah. Time goes by really fast. Can you believe it? I’ve been here for almost 5 months.”

The older boy’s eyes lit, “You like it here?”

Chanyeol raised a brow and looked at Luhan skeptically, “Yeah….”, he paused and turned to his phone that was vibrating on the couch next to Luhan. The older boy smiled again and handed Chanyeol the phone. Luhan didn’t ask who it was, he already knew.

"Hello?" Chanyeol cracked between his sentences.

"Oh, Chanyeol!" a voice piped up with excitement. He flinched, "Happy birthday!

He thinned his lips and raked his long fingers through his brown locks,”Jongdae?”

"Yes, Yes. It’s been a while since I've seen you. I remember the last time I saw you was when you were packing your papers and supplies out of your office room. The day you were fired."

Chanyeol choked and coughed dryly, loosening his collared shirt, “It’s called laid off. Not fired.”

"You were still fired—Oh Joomyeon hyung is here with me and we’re coming over. Like now."

Chanyeol continued on with his words, “You don’t even know where I live.”

Jongdae snorted and laughed loudly like it was the most stupidest statement he had ever heard, “Actually we all know where you lived because Sehun told us.”

"Who’s us?" Chanyeol voice become squeaky.

"The whole company. They’re planning on coming too. I even told them about the dramatic exit you made. That was pretty dramatic."

Chanyeol frowned, “How did you get my number?”

Jongdae snorted, “Well I stole Sehun’s phone for a while when he went to the bathroom and read all his messages.”

"You’re such a ing stalker."

"No it’s called a fan."

"Since when were you Sehun’s fan? You know what I’m ending this call". Chanyeol hissed.

"Wait, before you end the call, I’m at your door already."

Chanyeol groaned and ended the call before walking over to the door that was being knocked brutally. Luhan’s trailed his eyes over to the door and tapped his fingers patiently for Jongdae sudden entrance. At the sound of the door unlocking and knob turning, Jongdae shoved the door open before he triumphantly marched his way in with his posture straight and proud. With a smirk on his face he patted the taller boy’s bruised faced that was slammed against the sudden outburst of the door. Joomyeon, who walked in apologetically, bowing and apologizing for Jongdae’s irrational behavior and walked in with a small box on his hand and settled it next to Sehun’s bags. Luhan waved,scooting over and patting an empty seat next to him. The boy who was as white as the clouds painted on the blue skies sat comfortably next to him, fiddling with his thumbs nervously.

Jongin walked back down and jumped over the railing with Sehun leaning lazily on the wall, holding his phone on one hand and a can of soda on the other. Jongdae spread his arms wide for Jongin's attention.

"Jongin! You've grown so big and darker."

Jongin cheeks turned red with embarrassment and rolled his sleeves up, "No, I got whiter, Kyungsoo even said it."

Joomyeon glared at Jongdae and motioned to shut his mouth with furious emotions written in his eyes. Jongdae shrugged and slung an arm on both Jongin and Sehun's necks. Accidentally pushing Sehun's face to hard on his soda and causing Jongin's head to jerk forward. Luhan grimaced before drinking the glass of water he'd forgotten. Chanyeol’s lips thinned as he rubbed his sore nose that was tinted with light red and pink. He rubbed his nose in a circular motion while he settled on the wooden chair he pulled out earlier. Jongdae pushed up his fake glasses and brushed his bangs aside. With a huff he set his hands on his hip and frowned at the boring and dull attitude of his friends who sat there like people waiting for results from the doctors.

Jongdae opened his mouth but was rudely interrupted by Sehun's dry laughter, "Hyung, can I say that you look like an old man with your hair divided in the middle?"

Jongdae laughed with him, "Thanks for the compliment, it meant a lot."

Sehun laughed even harder. Joomyeon grimaced and pulled out his phone to distract himself from the sudden outburst of Oh Sehun. With another call, he answered and left the couch and walked over to the kitchen to have his own conversation. Chanyeol eyes darted from one side to another as he slid down the chair with dark circles suddenly appearing from his eyes. With his arms loosely hanging from the his sides, he motioned for Jongin to take care of their visitors while he was gone. Jongin grimaced but nodded.

Sehun crouched down and shoved a finger towards Jongdae's, exceptionally, large forehead laughing loudly just for pure entertainment. Luhan who watched the scene, looked over at Sehun with disgust, eyeing him to stop his nonsense. Sehun stop and  trailed his eyes towards the older boy and cleared his throat before straightening himself up and walking over to Luhan like a good boyfriend. Jongdae flicked his hair aside and shoved a hand in his pockets before strolling back to the kitchen to catch himself a can of soda. Jongin who watched Chanyeol escaped swiftly through the door like a mouse, leaned on the walls and watched the clock strike 2 in the afternoon. Joonmyeon who finished with his conversation through the phone, grinned and sat next to Luhan again, except with Sehun sending judgeful glares at his hyung. The older boy looked at Sehun with his lips twisted into a frown.

"What?"

Sehun's lips turned thin, "Scoot."

Joonmyeon looked confused, "What?"

"Scoot," he said more forcefully with a hint of attitude in his voice, "I'm sitting right next to my boyfriend."

Joonmyeon blinked and apologized for making him uncomfortable and moved over to the chair Chanyeol left a while ago. With Jongdae sipping on the soda loudly and the noisily pats Luhan was doing on his leg, Jongin sighed and walked into his room pulling out his own present he bought for his friend who ditched him with the troublemakers.

"This stupid, idiot better like what I gave him."

 

 

Chanyeol sighed as he tiredly dragged his foot on the sidewalk with a pout forming on his lips. He walked and let the glasses slide off of place from his nose and pulled his cap more over his eyes to hide his tired brown orbs. The wind was hard, letting the locks of his hair fly out of place and Chanyeol shoved a hand in his pockets as he walked down the quick mart that was just around the corner. With a couple won in his pocket, he figured to buy himself snacks before getting ready with the big party Jongin says. This is not the Birthday party he wanted, it wasn't his ideal party. He didn't want anything fancy or expensive because it was overwhelming and a burden to receive something he didn't 'deserve'. He'd rather have close friends and a single cake or horrible cooking made from his friends. With streamers and useless presents stacked somewhere in the house and maybe watch the stars glimmer above them and explore each history. Like what Baekhyun mentioned a couple months ago.

As Chanyeol sat out with a sweet cake on his hand he noticed a figure towering over him and a small hand creeping over to his lap. Chanyeol blinked and looked up, meeting Kris in the eye and Yejun on his shoulders. Jihoon grinned and waved to the giant before grabbing a piece off of his sweet cake. Chanyeol rubbed his face clean with the back of his hand, staring at the family wide eyed.

"Oh, hyung," Chanyeol said after swallowing his food hard, "What brings you here?"

Kris set Yejun down and motioned the children to sit over there on one of those benches, "Well, I was heading over to your house, till I saw you here."

Chanyeol shaped his lips to an 'o' before offering a sweet cake to Kris who shook his head and waved a hand, dismissing the other boy's offer. Chanyeol shrugged and bit a piece off of the cake and leaned back, shaking his legs--a habit he picked up during silent moments. Kris glanced over at Chanyeol and noticed the dark circles formed on his eyelids. He frowned a bit and stood up, nodding for the boys to come over. Chanyeol watched Kris get up and ready to leave, "I'll be going Chanyeol," he said and held the two boys by the hand as they prepare to walk across the street.

Chanyeol responded with a nod and waved back at Yejun who bid him goodbye with his squeaky voice. Jihoon gave him a thumbs up before leaving.

He stayed for a couple of minutes, listening to the birds chirping nearby and the sound of the bells above the door that rang once in a while, until his phone rang. Chanyeol opened his message box, with his brows furrowed with the irritation of the screen cracks, he read the message.

From Kkamjong:

Hyung, me, Sehun, Suho Hyung, Kricasso (-_-), Luhan, and Jongdae will go to the nearest town to run an errand, see you at the end of the day.

Chanyeol twisted his lips before replying back, seconds later he received a new message.

From Kkamjong:

Oh yeah, don't leave Baekhyunnie alone ~

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and chuckled, not bothering to reply back. He stood up from the bench and stretched like an old man and continued to follow the sidewalks that lead him to two lost figures wandering through the neighborhood with a paper clutched between their hands. Chanyeol squint harder and noticed that the figure was familiar. In fact it was Minseok, the barista and Yixing, the humble cashier who has an accented korean.

Chanyeol grinned and waved a welcoming hand at the two who glanced up, startled from Chanyeol's booming voice. Yixing stared blankly at the boy but, grinned loosely. Minseok sighed in relief and ran over to Chanyeol who walked casually with his hands stuck in his pockets. They grinned and bowed to each other before any further conversation.

Minseok looked up from the paper that happens to be a map written and drawn by Baekhyun's horrible art sense, "Do you know where 5097 is?"

Chanyeol looked over his paper, "You're visiting Baekhyun. He's all the way over there," Chanyeol tried to point, but was useless because it was too far. Yixing tapped Minseok's shoulder and spoke in Chinese. Minseok answered back with his features twisted in confusion. Chanyeol listened dumbly at their conversation and was cut in trance with Minseok's sudden 'O.K'.

"You want me to take you over there?", Chanyeol suggested and smiled the most sincere smile he could give. Yixing nodded and thanked him for his kindness and Minseok shyly and hesitantly said yes before being dragged by Yixing who marched behind Chanyeol's back, tagging along like the times where Baekhyun would link the kids and walk together like ducklings. With a couple sharp turns and crossing the street, he pointed at the white house that was next to his bricked home and grinned at them before walking off.

"Thanks a lot Chanyeol. Baek will kill me if I called him again to ask for directions."

Chanyeol chuckled, "It's okay I've been through that. A friend of mine used to yell at me for forgetting the streets."

Minseok laughed and bid Chanyeol goodbye before walking off with Yixing motioning him to come forward. Chanyeol said goodbye and returned to his walk by following a different path. "What a gloomy birthday”, he muttered under his breath and let the air smack him right dab on the middle of his face. He struggled with the wind cutting off his air supply. For hours he walked like a homeless lost dog until the sky turned dark. He walked back home with a frown on his face and at the same time looked around from the overwhelming darkness in the house. It was lonely. Quiet. And Chanyeol could feel deep down he wasn't really surprised that it will end up like this. His birthday was just like any other day. WIth a heavy sigh he switched the light open and noticed sticky notes, stuck on the walls. Chanyeol raised a brow before walking over and removing each one on the wall. Identifying a handwritten note from the walls. He picked it up and read it.

“Go to your room”

Chanyeol raised a brow and followed the instructions, cautiously walking over the steps and walking softly to prevent the squeaking noises he made. He opened the door to his room and noticed the windows open with his curtains swaying with the wind passing by. The trees ruffled and Chanyeol walked over to his desk and noticed a different colored sticky note, but this time written in messy handwriting. He smiled, knowing this would be Sehun’s. He read the note again.

“What’s my favorite drink? If you get this wrong i’ll kill you, also, there’s another sticky note somewhere. If you get the question right you can walk over to the other window, the window’s open.”

He thought for a moment and placed a finger on his chin, his him cocking to one side, “If this is Sehun, it’s Bubble tea for sure.”

He turned and noticed another sticky note hidden behind his door. Chanyeol took it and fist pumped the air, with a grin that explained his victory. Without hesitation he walked over to his window and climbed across the tree that connected to his and Baekhyun’s window. Chanyeol walked in, ducking his head down to avoid the possibility of hitting his head on the frame of his window and looked for the next sticky note. There was a pink one, stuck on one of Baekhyun’s picture frame. Chanyeol hesitated to walk in since he had no permission to barge into his home, but continued to walk little steps, plucking the note from the frame. He was distracted to see Baekhyun’s picture that he had taken maybe a long time ago. The brunette boy with his parents. He blinked and looked at the note, “I give you permission to go around my house Yeollie, go downstairs.”

“This must be Baekhyun,” he whispered and folded the note neatly and stuffed it in his pockets with the other notes. Chanyeol counted the steps as he went down and turned his phone on to act like a flashlight, to fight back the darkness swallowing over him. He brushed his hands blindly along the wall and felt a paper run along his fingers. He faced the phone over to the note and grinned again, “Well isn’t this fun?”

“You know what Chanyeol, can you close the window before anything else?”

He read it out loud and traced his eyes up the dark stairs again, closing the window and running down the stairs. He tripped and doubled over to his and felt another piece of paper, the sound of it crumbling on his . He moved aside, “You fell didn’t you. Well, go back home you left something.”

For 25 minutes trying to walk around and a minute rubbing his sore he followed the instructions and went back home. Counting the amount of folded sticky notes in his pocket, he noticed the lights closed once again. He frowned again and reached for the knob, this time locked. He groaned and dug in his pockets to find his keys, which he luckily didn't put away, and shuffled in. It's dark again, and he shivered at the cool breeze running through his body. It takes five seconds to realize that this isn't some kind of game, 3 seconds to open the lights, and 4 seconds to see a large crowd yelling surprise in chorused. Chanyeol stepped back, tripping on a cored that lay on the ground and again fall on his , leaving him to wince in pain. Jongdae walked over and pulled a hand out to help him up. He reached for it but Jongdae moved his hand away from him motioning for the sticking notes.

"You took too long," he said with a grin on his face.

Chanyeol looked at the crowds bug eyed, "Wha?"

Joomyeon glared at Jongdae to quit acting like an and give him a hand. With Jongdae shot up in defense he laughed, "I was kidding hyung."

Chanyeol stood up and rubbed his sore and sat on the couch with his eyes slightly teary. There was Kris, with Yejun and Jihoon, running towards him with arms spread wide. They ran in little steps that made Chanyeol smile and he pulled both of them up to his arms, squeezing them tightly. Kris frowned, "You're going to kill my children."

Kyungsoo clapped his hands and walked over to the kitchen to pull out the trays out of the fridge and started heating it up for the party to start. Jongin followed him, leaning his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder and watched Kyungsoo prepare the stove. With a hand curling around his hip, Kyungsoo turned red and glanced at Jongin who smirked and nodded him to continue on. Luhan smiled and handed him a gift he bought on his own, aside from the bags stacked on the side of the living room, he bought one that he wanted to give. Chanyeol gratefully recieved it and put it by his side, smiling dumbly at everybody who walked over to the tables, helping set the plates and food be placed on the table. Kyungsoo, who was done doing his thing, wiped his hands clean and sat next to the giant who jerked from surprise.

"Kyungsoo?"

He grinned and flashed his heart shaped lips, "Happy birthday."

Chanyeol smiled and folded his hands on his lap, "I've noticed Baekhyun isn't here..."

Kyungsoo smiled, noticing a hint of disappointment in his voice, "He's coming."

"It's okay if he doesn't."

"What if he needed to fix something important?"

Chanyeol smiled tightly, "What he's doing right now is far more important than my birthday. It's okay, I got you guys."

Kyungsoo frowned and patted Chanyeol on the head. With a call to come over to the table to blow the candles, Chanyeol next to the small cake watching the bright candle's light up brightly over is blue frosted cake. He grinned and listened to the people sing at the same time with enthusiasm. He closed his eyes and listened to their sincere voices, singing and laughing along the lines.

"Happy birthday to you!", they sang and inside of Chanyeol, he knows he doesn't deserve this. He felt a hand over his eyes and a soft voice whispering to his ear. Chanyeol raised a brow and held the person's hand.

"Happy Birthday Chanyeol."

Chanyeol's breath hitched and he stiffened, "Baek?"

There was no answer but a satisfied laugh. The hand slid away from Chanyeol's face and sang along with the boys, "Happy birthday to you~!"

They drummed and motioned for the tall confused boy to blow the candles and make a wish, Jihoon tugged on his jeans before Chanyeol blew the candles. With a pink balloon hovering over his head, he smiled and waved, handing him a string. Chanyeol accepted it and puffed his cheeks, blowing the fire out.

Jongin smiled and clapped loudly. The rest did to as they handed their gifts to Chanyeol whose eyes turned glassy. He turned to the boy standing behind him, with Baekhyun waving happily. He reached up and turned Chanyeol's head back to Sehun who ed the bags to his face.

"What is this?"

Sehun rolled his eyes, "Well, it's a gift."

Chanyeol suspiciously peeked through the bag, and suspected a shirt to be folded messily in the bag, but instead, was cologne set that cost way to expensive for what Chanyeol can afford. He smiled and put it to the side and accepted his next gift that came from Joomyeon. It was small, which Chanyeol hoped it wasn't expensive. He opened the box and saw a new pair of glasses. Chanyeol laughed, "Glasses?"

Joomyeon who was about to open his mouth was rejected from Jongdae, "Yeah, I told him to get you new frames, since the ones you are wearing looked like grandpa glasses..." Jongdae paused and looked at Joomyeon, "I think those glasses fit you better hyung."

Joomyeon glared at him, "Can you shut the- You know what, never mind. Chanyeol you like it?"

Chanyeol nodded and replaced his brown ones for the black ones, "Yeah, these look nice."

Jongin walked by and handed his gift to Chanyeol with a smug look on his face, "You better like this."

Chanyeol snorted, "I know what I got. It's a galaxy. Isn't?"

Jongin shook his head, "No it's another Iphone. The iphone 5. The gold one."

Chanyeol smiled in content, "That's good too. Thanks."

Kris came next and gave him a rectangular box, "Here."

Chanyeol opened in and flushed red, "You bought me underwear."

Kris smiled proudly, "Yes now don't flash it, just tuck it away."

Chanyeol frowned, "How do you know my size?"

Jongdae popped in again, "Uhm, because we went through stuff...damn man you needed new ones."

Chanyeol turned red and darted his eyes towards Baekhyun who was busy on the phone, arguing and mumbling in the kitchen, "You always find a way to embarrass me."

Baekhyun walked back out of the kitchen with a red face and his features show anger and disappointment in his eyes. Kyungsoo walked over to Baekhyun who shrugged and moved away to the food, stuffing cake in his mouth. Chanyeol watched them talk and noticed a hint of frustration in Baekhyun's face. He walked over to them due to curiosity.

"Is there something wrong."

Baekhyun blinked, "No, it's just my friend in China is being stubborn, I'm fine though."

Chanyeol looked at the ground, "Uhm.."

"I'm sorry," Baekhyun blurted out with his hands behind his back, "For coming late and showing you my frustrations."

Chanyeol rubbed his nape nervously, "It's fine really."

Baekhyun grinned, "Well, want to look at the stars while they drink over there?"

Chanyeol nodded. "Sure."