6. Under One Blanket

Pink Balloons

Baekhyun skipped out the door with his hands behind his back, Chanyeol trailed after him with a blanket slung over his shoulder.Hearing the cheers of his friends as he heard the bottle of wine pop open and the children screaming in delight. He could hear Jongdae's cries for help as the kids tumble over him with Yejun shamelessly pulling his hair. Kris didn't mind, as long it meant torturing the sarcastic troll who spilled soda on his jeans where his crotch was located. Jongin was laughing with Sehun while clapping like seals at the circus while Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Joomyeon had their own conversation at the kitchen, laughing lightly.

As Chanyeol shut the door he met his eyes at Baekhyun who stood waiting for him, the moonlight casted down over his small body. Baekhyun had his hands on his hip with his hips cocked to the side. He sat on the grass and motioned him to come over, pretending there was a rope tied around the giant, doing rope pulling movements. Chanyeol chuckled softly and walked over and sat comfortably next to him with his leg crossed, Baekhyun sat with his legs straight out and his hands leaning behind him. They looked at the sky, quietly shuffling closer to each other and hearing the crickets ring in their ears. Their hands were close together, one wrong move should causing their hands to entwine and lock together. But, it shouldn't because Chanyeol believes that there is a right time for such skin contact, but for sure he is certain that now isn't the right time.

Baekhyun hugged his knees and looked up at the sky. Chanyeol laid back with his hand behind his head and kept quiet. Not ruining Baekhyun's thoughts.

Suddenly he spoke, "Chanyeol."

Chanyeol opened his eyes and hummed as a reply, "Hmm?"

Baekhyun looked back at Chanyeol and shuffled closer to him with his head leaning on his hand. Chanyeol sat up, with grass stuck behind his head, yawning and stretching his arms before turning to Baekhyun who looked at him with a small smile, "Do you think...another world exist? Like heaven?"

Chanyeol was a bit taken back from his question and just blinked, "I...I don't know Baek...Honestly, " Chanyeol suddenly paused and saw the smaller boy's glassy eyes glimmer under the moonlight, "Well...I think there is."

Baekhyun hugged his knees and buried his head in his arm's embrace and let out a soft but, bitter chuckle. Chanyeol frowned and looked at the stars that shined up in the sky. He sighed and closed his eyes again, leaning on his hand. Later, he felt a hand run down his hair and a whisper in his ear. He smiled and let Baekhyun play with his hair, removing the grass sticking to the back of his head. Later they faced each other back to back, leaning on each other, their heads together. The wind blew softly, listening to the rustle of the leaves and the sudden laughter of their friends they left behind at the house. Baekhyun breathed deeply and hummed lightly, his hands looking for Chanyeol's.

"C-Can..Can I hold your hand?", he said in a low whisper. Chanyeol bit his lip and tried to look at him at the corner of his eye. Without a response, he gave his hand to the boy, letting him play and tangle his fingers unto his own. With his heart beating quickly and cheeks turning hot he took deep breathes to control himself. Baekhyun hummed again swaying from side to side, and later they were side by side, with Baekhyun leaning his head on his shoulder and Chanyeol's head on the other boy's head. They were under one blanket, looking up at the sky, laughing softly.

"Now about what happened earlier...you at the phone. Who was that?", Chanyeol cringed and ducked for cover, afraid of Baekhyun's sudden burst.

Baekhyun stiffened but didn't flinch or avoid the question, "Oh, it's..."

Chanyeol sighed in relief, "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, it's fine. I understand."

"No, it's fine..." Baekhyun pressed one of his eyes with the heel of his hand, "It's just...so hard, I don't even know where to start."

Chanyeol moved a little closer, "Hm..I'll listen, it doesn't matter how long it takes you. As long I can help."

Chanyeol could see the sides of Baekhyun's lip twitch up into a small sad smile, "Well, I have this friend in China, actually, he's more like my adoptive brother his name is Zitao. They were neighbors of mine, close neighbors. They used to live where you are living. Me and Tao would come over to each other's house by climbing over that tree."

Baekhyun looked up to see if Chanyeol was listening. Chanyeol was listening carefully with a sincere concern look in his eyes. Baekhyun smiled satisfyingly and nodded, "His family took care of me after my parents disappeared. Until today I'm still trying to look for them", his eyes began to sting and he blinked the tears away before he continued. Chanyeol rubbed his back in soothing circles as he encouraged him to go on, "They told me they were just going back at the cities to return a few things. After that they never came back", he let out a bitter laugh, "I don't want to believe they left me behind for the sake of money."

Chanyeol flinched at the amount of pain the boy carried and the tone of his voice was full of bitterness, "Just...let it out Baekhyun. You can cry."

Baekhyun lips thinned, "It's your birthday. It's selfish of me to be telling you my troubles. I should be listening to you and let me learn about you."

Chanyeol shrugged and fell back, "Well, I'm like an open book. It isn't hard to understand me, just read a few lines you'll basically know my life. I'm like glass, you can see through."

Baekhyun stared down at Chanyeol who ripped the grass and let them fall on his face, speechless he opened and closed his mouth, turning his view at the sky again.

"Just let all your feelings out...I may not be able to help you, but as long you let it all out."

Baekhyun felt this slight pang in his heart and could feel the amount of sincere in his voice, he was touched and the look in Chanyeol's eyes was so reliable that he wanted to lean on to him--feel weak and break down because he is sure that when he falls, Chanyeol will catch him, protect him in his warm embrace. He is sure that he can shush him to sleep by just being by his side. Without waking up in fear in grief with lost. Baekhyun sniffled and let the tears fall from his eyes. Chanyeol pulled him and let his tears soak his shirt. They lay on the grass quietly, Baekhyun crying and whimpering Chanyeol held on tighter, cupping the back of the fragile boy's head with one hand and wrapping a protective arm around his waist with the other. Baekhyun clutched onto his shirt and each time it felt like Chanyeol will slip away, he holds on even tighter.

"Chanyeol," he called out softly, "Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol shifted and leaned on the crook of the other boy's neck, half awake, "Yes?"

Baekhyun wiped his sore eyes, "Thank you."

Chanyeol opened his eyes and set him free from his hug, "I'll be here when you need me."

Baekhyun smiled, "I owe you."

Chanyeol smiled back and pointed at his cheek, "Maybe a kiss on the cheek?", Chanyeol laughed, "I'm just kid-"

Baekhyun suddenly leaned and softly and pecked him on the cheek, causing Chanyeol to freeze and his mouth to slacken. Baekhyun caressed his cheek and hugged him again, "Thank you."

Chanyeol stuttered, "U-uhm, it's okay."

The door suddenly bursted open with a tipsy Jongdae tripping out the door while holding a broken beer bottle on one hand. With him yelling for the other guys to piss off and let him walk alone on the street, Joomyeon chased after him. Startled, Baekhyun stared wide eyed at Jongdae who stumbled over and shrieked for Joomyeon to get off him. Chanyeol grimaced and stood up and walked over, dusting the grass off of him. Jongdae swung his bottle dangerously, "Look! Look! Joomyeon! I see aliens, masked rabbits!"

Kris walked out, "Can you shut the - *hiccup*-up Jongdae?"

Chanyeol sighed and dropped Jongdae on the couch, "Hyung, just sit down. You drank too much."

Jongdae stumbled back up, "Sit where? On the middle of the ing street? We're outside", his words sounded twisted. Kris laughed and wheezed like an idiot, mumbling.

"I told you to shut the up Mr. face. We're at...We're...", he paused and his eyes widened in shock, "Where the are we!?"

Baekhyun winced at the amount of profanity slipping through their lips and stuffed a couple of bread in their mouth to keep them busy chewing rather than cursing each other off. Luhan came out of the bathroom with a red face. Giggling like a maniac and dangling Jongin's car keys on his hands. Luhan wiped his lips  clumsily with the back of his hand and tripped over the several shot cups scattered on the floor. Sehun walked after Luhan with a stoned and cold look. Chanyeol wasn't sure if he was angry or upset with his irritating boyfriend. Sehun grabbed his arm but was yanked away violently.

"Luhan!", he hissed.

"Djesh S-Sehunniee?", he hiccuped.

Sehun pulled him to the couch and leaned on top of him, with his arms blocking his way, "Get a hold of yourself!"

Luhan giggled and cupped the other boy's face, squashing his cheeks, "I wanna kisss youuu~! And crash a ing car to a tree."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked helplessly at each other until they were startled from Kyungsoo's shriek from the second floor. Jongin stumbled down the stairs, "Kyungsoo! It was an accident!"

Chanyeol eyes darted from one side to another until Baekhyun groaned and massaged his temples, Chanyeol rubbed the nape of his neck and looked apologetically at Joomyeon and Sehun, the only rational people in the house, excluding him and Baekhyun. They literally tied the drunk boys together into chairs to keep them still and safe. Jongdae groaned and Kris cursed his way all hour. Luhan turned green and asked for a plastic bag to puke on. Jongin and Kyungsoo were bickering about limits with personal space and touching. Baekhyun went up to Chanyeol's room to see if the kids were awake, leaving Chanyeol with a mess of broken bottles and streamers all over the place. His patience draining away, he grabbed a water bottle and poured some into their faces to sober them up. It's one in the morning and Luhan, Kris, and Jongdae lay lifeless on the couches, sleeping with red, uncomfortable expressions on their faces.

Cleaning, Sehun, Joomyeon, and Chanyeol picked up the glass and garbage scattered on the ground while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were busy with washing the dishes stacked uglily on the kitchen sink. Jongin, who was tipsy handed and gathered the plates to Kyungsoo and dragged the chairs to the right positions. Luhan woke up at the pain and called for Sehun to come. Jongdae shifted to the sides, snoring loudly. Kris mumbled in his sleep and covered his eyes with his forearm, "I am supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."

Sehun grumbled and smacked Kris's forehead roughly, "Shut up and keep quiet."

Chanyeol chuckled and pulled the bag of garbage, "You know he can't hear you."

Joomyeon laughed, "You know what I've noticed, where is Yixing and Minseok?"

Kyungsoo popped from the sides, "Oh they were taking care of the kids while these idiots were doing competitions, 'who could drink the most'. They're sleeping in Jongin's room though."

Baekhyun smiled and wiped his hands clean, "Who won?"

Jongin chuckled, "Kyungsoo."

"You're lying," Chanyeol said shocked, "I can beat all of you guys."

"I can only drink two shots," Baekhyun in with a giggle.

Minseok walked down with Yixing with a bag slung on their shoulder lazily, "We're going home.. It's getting late."

"It's already 1 in the morning, it's best you don't go," Jongdae mumbled under the pillows and sat up with the side of his face red. Jongin crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

"Well look who's awake."

"Shut up."

"Look who's talking."

"Guys", Chanyeol rubbed a hand on his face, Baekhyun patted him on the shoulder, "Guys stop, I'm too tired for this ."

"I want to go home..", Luhan cried while Sehun hugged him and rolled his eyes. He pinched the older boy's cheeks with irritation.

"You shouldn't have drank that much!"

"I only drank about 10! Sehun only 10!"

Yixing stared blankly at the clock and dropped his stuff, sitting comfortably on the ground. Minseok followed after and awkwardly sat between Jongdae and Joomyeon who continued nagging at each other. Kris moaned and groaned louder each time the guys laughed. He violently swung his long arms around to show his pain and agony to his friends who continued to laugh at his sufferings.

Yejun cries, startling the boys, causing Baekhyun to dash to the second floor and shutting the door afterwards. Chanyeol followed after Baekhyun. Jongin and Sehun snickered from the background, eyeing Chanyeol with a glint of evil. Chanyeol grimaced and quickly walked up, pretending he didn't see a thing. As soon as the door closes, Jongin and Sehun laugh evilly and gave each other a high five, Minseok and Yixing lips formed into 'o's and nodded, tracing their eyes up at the stairs. Jongin sighed, "Give them a month, they'll be couples."

Kyungsoo glared at the two boys who snickered, "You know what boys let them have their own fairytale. Sehun you had yours already."

Sehun snorted, "I think horror story, not some fairy tale."

Luhan's eyes popped open, "What did you say Sehun? Huh?"

Sehun jerked up, shooting his hands up for defense, "I didn't say anything."

 

Chanyeol walked in quietly to his room, seeing a figure in the dark, humming and patting the child softly to sleep. Jihoon turned and quietly called for Baekhyun to tell them a story he told about everyday at the daycare center. Chanyeol leaned on the frame watching endearingly at the three of them, crossing his arms across his chest. He smiled and chuckled quietly as Baekhyun made stupid remarks.

"Okay, once upon a time, there was this giant. He's tall, large ears, and has this weird smile that his left eye twitches. Or is it his right?"

Chanyeol frowned, "I have a weird smile? And I twitch?", he whispered.

"Anyway, he's an idiot sometimes, and makes me want to pinch his cheeks. He's kind, caring, smart, funny, and...handsome?"

Jihoon giggled, "Is this Chanyeol hyung?"

Baekhyun shrieked and covered the boy's mouth, "Ahhh hahaha, No of course not."

Chanyeol snorted and held in a laugh. Jihoon removed the hand off his lip, "But, you said things that are exactly like him."

"It's just a giant...in a story book..Don't tell him I said that."

Jihoon played along, "Said what?"

"All of it."

"Which is?"

"Gosh, you're so smart, can I tell you that you can really be the president of Korea?"

"Can you tell me?", he didn't let the conversation go through.

Baekhyun groaned and mumbled. Jihoon cupped his ear, "Don't tell Chanyeol that I said... whenhesmileshetwitchesandhe'sfunny,smart,caring,andhandsome."

Chanyeol straightened up and closed the door, thinking it was the right time to interfere. Baekhyun jumped up and tumbled down the bed, screaming awkwardly. Chanyeol walked over and lended a hand to the boy who squeaked quietly, "H-How long have you been standing there."

Chanyeol shrugged, "Just now. Why?"

Baekhyun eyed Jihoon who giggled behind his hands, sticking his tongue out. Baekhyun pursed his lips, "That kid can be just as worse as Yejun."

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun up, "Excuse me?"

"Nothing! Nothing! It's just me and Jihoon-ssi had to discuss important...", Baekhyun looked over Chanyeol's shoulder, Chanyeol looked back at Jihoon and Baekhyun, "business."

Chanyeol nodded, "Sure, it must be something I don't need to know."

"Yes! Something you don't need to know!"

Chanyeol chuckled and settled on the bed, patting Yejun who whimpered quietly in his sleep. Baekhyun sat on the stool and leaned on his hand, watching Chanyeol tucking the kids under the covers, brushing the hair off their eyes. With nothing to say Baekhyun just leaned on his arms closing his eyes and listening to the doors opening and closing and the sound of bed sheets shuffling. Chanyeol dropped covers on top of Baekhyun's head before heading back out to the living room.

Baekhyun wrapped the blankets around him, smiling, "You know Tao, maybe I did found the right person."

 
 

 

------
A/N: sorry, shorter chapter. Uhm.. anyway thanks really for the upvotes and subscribers! You guy's comments make me so happy and motivated! I didn't mean to make them curse that much haha really, sorry. Anyway I love you guys, even though I dunno you guys! <3 If Youre confused about some stuff just PM me,