11. Sweet Touches and a er Punch

Pink Balloons

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yelled in terror as he watched the branch fall to the ground.

Chanyeol laughed. "It's alright! What matters is that I got the balloon."

Baekhyun watched as the giant panicked on the top of the tree. He was stuck and was too scared to reach for the other tree trunk That was about a couple feet away from him. It might snap and drop him to the cold snow with broken arms and legs. He didn't want to spend his festival time in the hospital to treat his broken limbs. Baekhyun sighed and place Yejun on the ground next to Jihoon. Making the decision that he would be the one to guide Chanyeol down, he started his way up.

Chanyeol panicked and put his hand out, waving his hand out like a maniac. "No, no, no, no! Don't start climbing! Baekhyun I got this."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and was already up and going. He grabbed onto the nearest branch and reached his free hand out to Chanyeol. "Grab my hand you idiot!"

Chanyeol grinned, his lips twitched up from ear to ear after hearing Baekhyun shout him out as an idiot. He shook his head and slowly reached for the other's hand, their fingertips just brushing against each other. Jihoon cringed each time they missed each other's hand. Baekhyun's ears started to glow bright red from the frustration. Chanyeol on the other hand was feeling worried for the branch that Baekhyun was grabbing on for support. The finally grabbed a hold of each other's hand and laughed dryly. Jihoon squeaked and pointed at the both of them. "Baekhyun-sshi! The branch!"

Baekhyun's head darted towards the branch he was holding on and noticed it giving up on him. Panicking, Chanyeol's eyes widened and tugged Baekhyun a little closer to him. "Baekhyun. Baekhyun, listen to me." Baekhyun stopped and held Chanyeol's warm and large hands tighter nodding.

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun with all his might and just in time, the branch collapsed and tumbled to the ground. Baekhyun dug his face onto Chanyeol's chest, hugging him tightly. "You where right." He said against the other's chest. "I shouldn't have come to you."

Chanyeol laughed quietly and caressed Baekhyun's head, playing with his caramel hair. Baekhyun took a peek out and stuck his head back into Chanyeol's chest. They were too high up for their liking. Baekhyun slightly peeked out and yelled down for the two to hear. "Jihoon, I want you to watch Yejun and..uhm, call someone for help? I left my phone in Yejun's pocket since he was playing with it."

Jihoon nodded and stuck his hand into Yejun's pocket and pulled out the phone Baekhyun was talking about. He dialed Kyungsoo's number, but there was no answer. Next dialed his father's number, Kris, however it went straight to the voicemail box. He didn't know any of the people in the contact book so he didn't bother to dial anymore. Tying the balloon string on Yejun's wrists and onh is own, he ran away from the two of them, not saying a word. Baekhyun and Chanyeol stumbled on their words and watched the two run from them. No words escaped from their open mouths and they looked at each other in bewilderment.

"They just left us."

"The kids might get lost."

Chanyeol made an ugly wailing noise causing Baekhyun to grimace at the scene. "They left us!"

At the middle of their moment, an old plump man called up to the boys, staring at them with judgement. "What are you guys doing up in my tree?"

The both laughed nervously and Baekhyun awkwardly spoke to the older man. "It's a long story."

The plump man raised a brow and folded his arms in a judgeful manner. "You weren't doing what I thought you'd be doing...right?"

Chanyeol was the first to answer before Baekhyun did. "No! Sir, I wanted to retrieve a balloon for Yejun but they ran away before I could give it to him." He lifted his arm up to point out the balloon that was caught by the other branches.

The plump man laughed delightedly at the other's innocence and nodded. Stuffing his hands in his overall pockets. "You need a ladder? I got some at the back if you need one."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled in delight and bobbed their heads. "Yes! Thank you!"

 

--------

 

Jihoon ran and ran along side with Yejun, trying to get someone to help the others back on the ground. Darting their heads in every direction, they caught Kyungsoo walking aimlessly alone near a street food cart. Jihoon ran fast with his small legs and feet and tugged on the hem of Kyungsoo's jacket. Kyungsoo looked down and flashed his heart shaped smile. "What's the matter?"

"Baekhyun-sshi is stuck on a tree with Giant."

Kyungsoo grumbled. "Did Chanyeol do anything stupid?" The both kids did not answer and gave him a weak smile. Kyungsoo sighed in defeat and grabbed the kids by the hand after untying the knot Jihoon has made. "Lead the way kiddos."

 

---------

 

"Okay slowly get down here." The plump man guided the nerve wrecked Baekhyun. Never before had Baekhyun felt this kind of fear in his life.

Chanyeol followed after, handing Baekhyun the balloon first before making his way down. He was still jolly and smiling brighter than any of the lights that glimmered and lightened the dark streets.

The plump man clicked his tongue and craned his head up to see Chanyeol's face. "Aren't you a pretty boy." He turned to Baekhyun who was busy dusting the snow off his jacket. "And aren't you a beauty. Are you guys dating or something?"

Chanyeol choked  while Baekhyun pretended he didn't hear and hid his grin. "A-Ah n-no sir! We a-are just really good friends. Sir."

The man nodded. "Well that's too bad. Alright, I'll leave the ladder there in case anybody else needs it. Have a good night!"

The stood there to get settled down and as they began making their way to search for the kids, Kyungsoo stormed out of the crowd and gave Chanyeol a good whacking on the head, and Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a quick and mild glare that made Baekhyun turn awkwardly away from the owl eyed boy.

Jihoon and Yejun popped from behind and threw themselves to their favorite people. Baekhyun laughed at Jihoon's tight hold and Yejun nuzzled his head on Chanyeol. Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks and grunted at the sight. Folding his arms, he made a coughing noise to catch the boy's attention. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at the squishy satan and smiled evilly. "So where's Jongin?"

Kyungsoo dropped his arms and bit his plump lip nervously. "I can't find him. I left my phone at home and he could be contacting me."

Baekhyun frowned and tried to comfort his best friend but, Chanyeol shrugged his broad shoulders. "The evil squishy satan of the underworld has forgotten his cell phone and isn't prepared for the first time!"

Kyungsoo clicked his tongue and lifted his small fist in the air and landed on the giant's empty skull. Chanyeol flinched and laughed while Baekhyun hissed at the sight. Kyungsoo huffed and took his hand back. "I'm worried. He might have fainted on the streets or something or maybe-maybe-"

Baekhyun put both his hands on his shoulders and shook him gently to calm him. "Don't worry! He could be around here you know. Like the chicken shop that's around here. You know him. Chicken first before anyone."

"That's really nice to hear Baek." Chanyeol sarcastically said as he carried both boys in his arms. They giggled happily as Chanyeol started to bounce them. Kyungsoo watched Chanyeol warmly until Baekhyun waved his hand across his face, startling him.

"Hey? Want to go meet the others. And when everyone is gathered, we might be able to spot Jongin."

Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. "Chan, can you call the others to meet us here." Baekhyun looked back at the three who were too busy playing with each other. Chanyeol looked up with his bug eyed eyes and nodded with his lips parted, frantically searching for his phone in his pockets. Baekhyun sighed and patted the shorter one on the shoulders.

"So. What'd did they say?" Kyungsoo impatiently asked as Chanyeol ended the call. Chanyeol didn't say anything at first. "Chanyeol?"

"Oh, they are all near where the play usually starts. Which I have no idea where that is."

"I know.Come." Baekhyun put his hand out, waiting for Chanyeol to take it. With a smile, the giant gladly held his hand and with the other held Yejun's hand while Yejun held Jihoon's. They were like a chain, connected in a long line. Kyungsoo followed them as they located the entertainment area, where the stage was set up and benches were lined up neatly. Baekhyun rushed to one of the members, giving them a light scold for not even answering some of their calls.

"Baek." Tao called Baekhyun and beckoned him to sit next to him. Kris, to his right, gave Tao a look before taking a large, agressive bite on his chicken drumstick. Hesitantly, Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol's hand and followed Tao, sitting comfortably next to him. Chanyeol who was busy talking to Jongdae suddenly felt a cold rush in his body as his hand was left alone quietly by the other one. He let his hand hang as he looked at Baekhyun with slightly hurt eyes. Baekhyun bit his lip but hid the sadness with a bright smile waving at the other and laughing at Tao who grinned at the two of them. Chanyeol glared at the raven haired boy. Tao did the same.

"Someone's having an internal battle." Luhan whispered from behind. Sehun shrugged and popped a chip in his mouth.

The play was going to start and Kyungsoo slowly became impatient with Jongin's disappearance and felt the urge to leave his seat. Kris however held him by the hem of his shirt to keep him down. Kyungsoo gave Kris a dirty look but expressions quickly softened when he saw Jongin from the corner of his eye. Kris chuckled quietly.

With his messy hair and red cheeks, Jongin laughed dumbly and dropped his bike. Almost falling on his knees he gathered all his strength to run to Kyungsoo's arms that were open widely. Gasping for air, he landed on the smaller one’s arms hugging him tightly, Kyungsoo buried his face in his brown locks.

"I got lost." He said with his raspy voice.

"I can see." Kyungsoo replied dumbly and moved aside to give the boy a little more space for him to sit. Kris and the other's to his left were forced to shift down, kicking Chanyeol (who was at the end of the bench) out. He had no choice but to sit on the cold stone pavement, snce he was so tall he worried to block the other's view. Grumbling he placed his hat on the ground for him to sit on. He didn't want his buttcheeks cold for an hour. Baekhyun looked over the others to watch Chanyeol doing his thing. Twisting his lips, he was about to stand up to accompany him, however Tao took his hand and held it tightly, keeping him from moving to Chanyeol. Baekhyun became troubled and sat back down. Kris eyed the boys.

"This play is boring..." Luhan whined quietly as he on his straw.

Sehun was already half asleep, playing with the leftover tapioca in his cup.

Luhan started to cling on his boyfriend's broad shoulders and shook him gently. "The other's don't look too pleased either. I mean look it's child's play!"

Jongdae overheard their convo and replied instead of Sehun. "The performance at the daycare center was even better than this. Or whatever they're doing."

Luhan leaned behind Kris and quietly whispered to his ear. "We should ditch this place."

Kris who was munching on his chicken in one piece agreed and started to pack up his food. Jongin however, tapped Kris on the shoulder and pointed at the opposite direction to keep the angry man from seeing him steal the last drumstick from his box. Successful, Jongin bit the chicken. Kris yelled at him with his mouth shut in a thin line and slapping him right on his sore leg.

Minseok and Yixing were the first to leave, following Luhan and Sehun. Chanyeol immediately stood from the ground, making people from behind bob from side to side to see the performance that Chanyeol was currently blocking. Chanyeol his head in is hat, lips formed into an 'o' shape being surprised by how warm the hat had become from sitting on it for 30 minutes. Making their way down the street, Minseok walked aimlessly ahead everyone and Yixing stayed closely near the man to make sure he doesn't get lost.

As Minseok was admiring the lights that hung from the light poles, he noticed from the corner of his eye that there were a couple of boys walking out of an alley kicking garbage cans and cursing loudly. The older stopped abruptly, startling the others from behind. Yixing stared blankly at Minseok and trailed his eyes at the other group who seemed to be looking at their direction as well. The Chinese man's expression changed and pulled Minseok back. "Minseok. I think we should run."

Tao, whose ears perked, narrowed his eyes at the other while Kris did the same. Luhan pushed the twin towers aside and nealry crashed his face onto Minseok's. "Run? What do you mean run?"

Minseok's sweats fell like bullets as he frantically kept turning back. "I don't think you guys should be here."

Chanyeol's expression fell into a hard and solemn expression and put a hand on the shorter person's shoulder. "Are these the people you were talking about?"

"Wait what's happening? Chanyeol, what's going on?" Baekhyun shot.

Jongin seemed to take defense as he threw Kyungsoo behind his back. "I know these guys. They almost got my whooped when I was walking down the alley way."

"You walk in the allies?" Kyungsoo hissed. Jongin laughed nervously and rubbed his neck.

"It's a shortcut?"

"Guys. I don't think we should keep talking." Junmyeon nervously suggested as he kept stepping back as the group of boys walked forward with the smug look on their face. Tao's expression stayed blank like usual and Baekhyun's eyes darted from one boy to another. Sehun didn't seem to be that affected from the other group's "tough act" and chewed on his straw instead of looking at the other.

Minseok swallowed hard before facing the man who was now in front of him. "What do you want now. I already gave you what you wanted."

"I didn't know you had friends. I mean. You should be over there paying some of the damage you caused at my property" The boy shouted and started to play with the the elder's hair, next roughly grabbing it. Luhan took offence and growled quietly. Sehun held Luhan's hand tightly, he too feeling irritated. Yixing flinched each time Minseok held his eyes shut, afraid that the other might strike. Chanyeol watched, fist curling tightly.

"I think I got that Kang-Dae." Minseok shakily said.

Kang Dae laughed and mocked him by repeating his words to his group. Baekhyun looked away. When Kang Dae patted Minseokhard on the face, Luhan rushed towards Kwangee, landing a punch on his face.  It was hard enough to send the boy falling to the ground. Minseok yelled Luhan's name and reached out to stop his friend however Luhan was already on top of the Kang Dae, holding him on the collar, landing another hard punch. "You insolent mother ing . You have no right to disrespect him, especially at my presence."

Luhan lifted another fist but missed his shot when one of Kang Dae's friend kicked him off. Sehun stepped forward, throwing his cup of bubble tea at the one who kicked Luhan. "Don't ing touch him with your dirty foot."

Luhan wiped the blood on his knuckle and clumsily stood up. Minseok fixed Luhan's hair, scolding him. "Why'd you do that?"

The deer like boy threw the brightest smile he could give. Minseok blushed in deep shades of red. "Well I have to do something."

Sehun shook his head and yelled at Luhan. "You made me throw my bubble tea at this stupid person."

After having said that, Kang Dae flew himself towards Sehun, kneeing him right in the groin. Luhan ran back to the other and punching him in return as pay back for kicking him and kneeing Sehun. Kris couldn't just sit back and watched and prevented Luhan by being jumped by punching the other square on the face. Kyungsoo and Jongin jumped in as well only leaving Kyungsoo being pulled back to safety after being knocked hard to the side with a bloody nose. Jongin elbowed Kang Dae's member, bobbing and weaving each punch the other tried to land. Tao fought effortlessly and with his pass experience with martial arts, used it against two members who tried to get a hold of Baekhyun. Being too busy trying to hold two people off, Baekhyun fought with another, barely dodging. He tried to let the kids escape however was knocked hard off his feet. Dizzy, Baekhyun threw a hard punch before being hit again. Yejun and Jihoon threw rocks at the teens but before they could do anymore damage, Chanyeol threw them off Baekhyun who sat up with a dumb grin. Chanyeol rubbed with his thumb on Baekhyun's cut lip, feeling sorry.

"I'll get them back for you.." Chanyeol guaranteed.

Baekhyun laughed. "I was so distracted that I let them land a couple hits on me. I'm fine."

Chanyeol nodded and helped the petite man up and landed a wimpy punch at the one responsible for the cut on Baekhyun’s lip. Though he did a lame punch, he made it up with a hard blow on the cheek, causing the other to knock out. Chanyeol turned to Jongdae who was busy trolling them with his stupid jokes, later being chased down the street. Crowds started to stop and watch the fight and so far, no one was winning.

"Minseok!" Chanyeol called out while dodging one of Kang Dae's men, "These are tough people!"

Minseok laughed as he head locked Kang Dae. "I fought like this a couple days ago. The only problem is he brought more people."

Kris and Tao fought side by side, watching each other's back. Kris was already out of breath. "Damn, didn't know someone like you can fight."

Tao rolled his eyes. "Well you're just all talk but no action."

Kris was taken aback from his response and barely dodged a punch. "Whoa there, do you have something against me?"

Tao gave the fallen person one last kick before he moved to the next opponent. "Maybe."

Running and kicking another man hard on the balls, Kris dry laughed and followed after the raven haired boy, almost amused by his response.

Meanwhile, while Luhan was giving them a piece of his mind, occasionally he would curse unusually too much for Sehun's liking. "You know," punch, "Even though I have a ing girl face " punch, "That doesn't ing mean I can't ing fight", another punch. He was already punching a man who couldn't fight any longer. Sehun had to roll his eyes and pull Luhan away, almost acting like this was normal and that they do this in an everyday basis.

Kang Dae was already worn out when Minseok missed his punch, proving that he wasn't the only one who's tired and Minseok was as well. Looking back at his beaten friends, he watched Luhan in disgust. Luhan was still full of energy, kicking the other boy mercilessly. Sehun, who was too tired to stand had to grab on to both his legs to make him stop. "Luhan, this boy isn't a soccer ball. So stop."

Luhan refused. "He said I was ugly! I'm not ugly! I'd be better if he called me average looking!"

"Alright!" Kang Dae dropped to the ground he waved his hand. "Retreat! Retreat!"

In seconds they began to run away from them, helping their mates up and going. Kris and Tao smirked and wiped the dry blood from the edge of their lips clean. Baekhyun rubbed his cut knuckles while Jongdae cried to Junmyeon about the punch they threw on his nose. Chanyeol had no damage while Jongin had lost his other shoe from missing his kicks on that one person that punched Kyungsoo. Luhan looked refreshed by stretching his arms, Sehun was dead on the ground making crying noises. Yixing grabbed his first aid kit and began treating their wounds.

"That was fun!" Luhan exclaimed.

Sehun groaned. 'Why am I even in a relationship with you?"

Luhan stuck his tongue out and his pulled his bottom eye lid down. Kyungsoo used a napkin to wipe the dry blood off his nose. Jongin, after finding his shoe, asked if he was alright. Kyungsoo responded like it felt like a basketball hitting him hard on the face. Yejun finally stopped crying. Jihoon started to imitate their fighting scenes and admire his hyung's greatly. Jongdae huffed out plenty of air before starting a convo. "Alright guys. Who punched the most?"

Kris sat down. "There were only what, 7 of them. I punched two?"

"They moved around though, so we weren't the only ones who punched that specific person." Tao corrected.

Baekhyun frowned. "This fight wasn't a game. You guys shouldn't be asking how many people you punched on the fa-"

"I punched every single one of those mother ahs." Luhan said proudly. Kris hit him hard to make him shut up. He cursed in Chinese for the other's not to understand.

"I didn't know Luhan can throw punches." Jongdae mocked.

Luhan gave him a dirty look. "I contributed more in the fight than you did. All you did was talk and confused them. When you were done with your crap, you ran away like a chicken." Luhan imitated Jongdae by running, flapping his wings like a chicken.

"And he ran to me saying that they punched him." Junmyeon added.

Jongdae blushed. "Says someone who couldn't fight and chickened out."

"Chicken? Where?" Jongin whipped his head from side to side. Kyungsoo groaned.

Junmyeon took offense to that and pulled the two kids closer. "I was protecting them from the bad guys like an angel."

Jongdae huffed. "Yeah sure."

Baekhyun walked his way to Chanyeol who leaned on the tree, alone and dazing like always. Baekhyun called out to him, startling the giant. "Chanyeol?"

The brown haired idiot looked down at the pup and swallowed hard, eyes never resting to Baekhyun's. "Yeah?"

"I want to talk to you later."

Chanyeol curiously looked at Baekhyun. "What is it? It looks serious."

Baekhyun blushed deeply. "I..I lo-"

"Baekhyun!" Tao suddenly cut Baekhyun off and snatched him away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol glared at the raven boy before looking away, arms crossed. "Are you alright? Did they hit you?"

Baekhyun gently brushed Tao's hand off his face. "I'm alright. Don't worry. Channie took care of it already."

Tao furrowed his brows. "Channie?"

"That's me." Chanyeol stepped forward and put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, dropping it to Baekhyun's hands. He tangled his fingers along Baekhyun's and pulled him from Zitao's grasp.

He gave a dark look and took Baekhyun back. Both Chanyeol and Zitao gave each other a challenging smile before breaking off their eye contact. Baekhyun shuddered at the hostile in their voices. Chewing on his bottom lip and twiddling his fingers, he thought to himself.

"What do I do?"