Side Story Extra: Some Wishes

Pink Balloons

"Luhan!", Sehun hissed and ran after the excited boy who managed to slip through the heavy crowds and into a store  full of angry teenagers, violently snatching the latest trend that was 50% off. Luhan giggled and plucked a nice and neat folded shirt that was on a rack. It was a loose sweater that stopped above his knees and a little long from his arms and it was red with white snowflakes designed across the torso. He grinned and stuffed it into his basket before strolling through the aisle.

"That red sweater will be Baekkie's...", he mumbled and searched for a similar sweater that was hanging from the side. It was blue, the same size, but perfect for a tall and well built man like Chanyeol. He chuckled dryly and stuffed it in the basket with the red sweater, "That will be Chanyeol's..."

Sehun growled and pushed people off of him so he can walk through in perfect shape and form to his boyfriend. With the bags hanging on his arms and at the tips of his fingers, he became more frustrated as the paper bag was being crumpled from the brutal people passing by, "Luhan!", he said again before managing to walk through with a chunk of his hair misplaced. Luhan didn't look up and replied in a dull tone.

"Oh. You're here."

Sehun looked at Luhan sorely, "Oh, you don't want me here? Look who's carrying these bags. GOD."

Luhan smiled snobbishly, "Well Mr.Oh Sehun. You insisted on carrying them for your wonderful boyfriend Lu Han."

Sehun grumbled and crossed his arms and didn't bother to respond back to the smaller boy. Instead, he later he slung an arm on his shoulder and walked around with Luhan, nodding and agreeing with Luhan's gift choice for each member. After an hour of walking around the mall with crowds of people passing by and people laughing and smiling with pure happiness and joy, Sehun glanced down at Luhan who was busy sipping his bubble tea, holding it innocently with two hands like a child. With his brown hair cascaded over his eyes, Sehun reached over and brushed it gently to the side, kissing his temple and in surprise, Luhan grinned and pecked him on the lips. Giggling and lacing their fingers together like tight knots. Sehun looked up at the ornaments hanging up at the tall ceiling, watching the magical glimmer sparkle brightly to his eyes. Luhan suddenly tugged on his arm softly causing Sehun to cut his trance. He responded with a hum.

"Sehunnie, I'm hungry let's eat."

Sehun choked, "Luhan, I paid over more than what I can spend and we have like 5 more members to buy."

"Aweeee, please Sehunnie", Luhan playfully stomped on his foot and pulled out his aegyo skills, "It's black friday, for sure things will get even more cheaper."

Sehun thought for a moment before walking over to the food court, paying a couple packs of fries and chicken and walking around merrily like a young married couple. Luhan fed Sehun and smiled brightly before biting the next piece and running to a bench, patting the seat excitedly. Sehun ran after him and set the bags on the floor sitting comfortably next to Luhan. He laid an arm behind the small petite boy's back and sipped on the last drop of his bubble tea. From the corner of his eye he noticed two other familiar figures walking around the mall full of busy people. Luhan nudged Sehun, looking surprised with his finger pointing at the direction of Jongin and Kyungsoo. Who of course, were bickering like old couples back at the ancient times. Sehun smirked and threw the cup away before standing up, telling Luhan to stay while he walked over to Jongin who was startled by Sehun's sudden appearance.

"Oh, Sehun!", Jongin squeaked and bro fisted Sehun. Kyungsoo growled before skipping his way to Luhan who offered him a chicken drumstick.

"Jongin, what are you doing here?", Sehun asked as he shoved his hands in his jean pockets, glancing back at his boyfriend and watched Luhan smile happily like a young vibrant child.

"Oh," Jongin laughed dryly and rubbed the nape of his neck, "Kyungsoo insisted we buy gifts together; but he's angry because there was a major argument upstairs. Kyungsoo wanted the owl stuff toy, but there's this girl who took it before him. Kyungsoo blamed me for not jumping over to help him."

Sehun laughed, patting Jongin's back in a comforting manner, "It's better buying now than never. I had the same problem a couple hours ago. I had to fight with the crowd."

Jongin smiled and pointed at his hair, "That explains it."

"Sehunnie!", Luhan suddenly called over with an arm slung on Kyungsoo's neck, "Me and D.O-ah will go together to buy the other gifts. You guys can go on with your lives."

Jongin and Sehun nodded before watching the boys walk away to the next store. As soon as they disappeared Sehun and Jongin turned their heels and strolled around the wall, talking and laughing about many things. Asking how's life in Seoul and how's life practicing everyday for SM auditions. Sehun sighed as he looked at the time on his wrist watch, running his fingers through his hair. Jongin playfully punched him on the arm and snorted.

"Come on bro, you need to chill!"

Sehun glared, "You're asking me to chill when it's below 40 degrees outside."

Jongin laughed, "No I meant, relax. It's turning Christmas for God sakes. Have some fun."

Sehun frowned and pulled out his phone to check on the time before he responded back to Jongin with a dry whisper, "I'm going to propose to Luhan."

Jongin stopped and his mouth kept shut in an awkward straight line before he nodded stiffly, letting his lips soon form to an 'o' shape, "Oh. Ohhhh. I see why you would stress out. Don't worry, it's not like he'll reject you."

They sat down on a bench next to a small indoor fountain full of pennies lying at the bottom. Sehun fiddled with his fingers, "What if he likes Minseok hyung. They had a past relationship. What if he still has feelings for him? What if Minseok still likes Luhan but is too afraid to admit it because it'll hurt me, the maknae. Luhan's older than me by 4 years, I don't know if I can take care of him like the way Minseok hyung does."

Jongin patted his back sympathetically before seeing Sehun cower away by burying his face into his hands, "I can see that he loves you. The way his eyes sparkle and the pitch of his voice changing, " Jongin stopped and chuckled, "Reminds me of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. When they stand right next to each other they laugh awkwardly and turn red. You guys are like a married couple, for about 3 years you have been dating it's best you get a move on before some lucky person can get a guy like Luhan. You're pretty mature too, I'm very sure you can do just as well as Minseok hyung even though you are the maknae."

"Are you sure about what you said is true?", Sehun's voiced muffed from his hands.

Jongin sighed deeply, "Sure, we pair you the youngest of the group with the oldest. Doesn't that sound nice."

"We have a thing for older guys."

Jongin laughed, "True, Chanyeol is like 6 months younger than Baekhyun, Kyungsoo is older than me by 2 years? And you and Luhan by 4 years."

They laughed some more and didn't bother to look at the time anymore. Sehun smiled in relief and looked at his phone to see if there was a text message, "Why don't we stay here and wait for them to come back?"



 

----

 

"Why can't you say Kyungsoo?", Kyungsoo asked as he followed behind Luhan who moved across one aisle to another. Luhan turned back distractedly and out of breath he finally answered back.

"Your name is too long and hard to say. D.O sound's better."

"But, that's my stage name."

"But, that's what I'll call you D.O."

Kyungsoo sighed and massaged his temples before returning his gaze at the shelves full of gifts and kitchen appliances 20% off. Luhan hummed and skipped his way out of the kitchen appliances store and headed to the one next door. He turned back noticing Kyungsoo's gloomy face and stopped, turning abruptly at the small boy. He grabbed him on the shoulders and lead him to the fountain, setting him on the edge and setting the bags down. Kyungsoo looked wide eyed at the older boy before averting his gaze at the pennies laying under the clear water that sparkled brightly. Luhan crossed his arms and legs and waited for Kyungsoo to return his attention to his hyung who pursed his lips.

"D.O you look sad, what's wrong?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, "What do you mean what's wrong."

Luhan smiled, "Well, first you were bickering with Jongin, then you sighed a lot, and then you frowned, and you look at the ground a lot with your fingers moving in an awkward manner."

Kyungsoo laughed and sounded like an awkward gurgle before he responded with two hands waving and dismissing the obvious signs of his disappointment. Luhan frowned and shoved a hand in his pocket and pulled out a penny.

"This is a penny, an American coin. I read this article about throwing pennies in wells or fountains so your wish can come true."

The other boy nodded, "Where did you get that penny?"

"I found it in the studio. I work with this American guy who speaks awkward Korean like me."

Kyungsoo's lips formed into an 'o' before he looked back at the pennies in the water and at the penny at Luhan's hand. The older boy grinned and spoke again, "You can make a wish if you tell me what's wrong."

He snorted, "You think this is real?"

"Well, life needs to have some kind of magic. I mean where did all these fairytales come from? It has to be from some kind of experience of one person. Just adding a hint of imagination to make life more colorful."

"You're starting to sound like Baekhyun."

Luhan smiled, "I just copied what he told me."

Kyungsoo smiled and laughed half-heartedly, "Did he tell you about this wishing well?"

Luhan nodded, "I made a wish and I have a feeling it'll come true."

Kyungsoo thought for a moment and nodded his head, "Okay, I'll tell you what I feel."


 

----

 

"Yixing!", Minseok called out for him as he wiped his hands clean, "Where are the keys?"

Yixing walked out with the keys dangling from his hands, "Right here hyung."

Minseok smiled and accepted the keys from Yixing who walked away and flipped the sign, "Sorry we are Close" over and covering the windows with metal blinds to keep people from staring at them while they talk and have their own sip of coffee. Minseok grinned and pulled out some new books he bought for Yixing to read.

"I bought you some Korean Language books to improve your Korean. I mean it doesn't sound bad but, I mean to improve it so you feel comfortable living in Korea."

Yixing nodded and accepted the gift with a sincere grateful smile, "Thank you. I appreciate it a lot."

Minseok nodded and leaned on his hand, "Do you like Suho?"

Yixing tilted his head to the side, surprised with the sudden question, "Excuse me?", he said in Chinese.

Minseok responded back in Chinese, "Do you like Suho hyung. As known as Joomyeon."

"Ahh, that nice boy? Yes I like him."

"Do you like him as a good friend or as a like like friend."

Yixing raised a brow, "Do you like Luhan?"

Minseok frowned and crossed his arms, "Me and him are long gone. He only looks at me like a close friend or an older brother he can look up to."

Yixing listened closely, "Do you mind to tell me what happen, I can still see the spark between you but it isn't as strong as the other boy with the blonde hair."

Minseok stared at the ground and held on to his coffee cup tightly, only laughing it off by shaking his head; relaxing his grip. He cleared his throat and began to say a few things about his beginnings with Luhan, "I used to work with him as a dance instructor. I danced, but I never really thought of it as my favorite thing. I fell in love with Luhan because he was beautiful and the way he moved just gave me this click in my head saying 'That's the one! It's him!'" Minseok paused and looked at Yixing if he was listening. He was.

"We spent a lot of time together, laughing, enjoying each other's company until one day a fellow transfer student appeared to our dance company. He had a lot of talent and it seemed to catch Luhan's attention. It's Sehun the blonde boy who dropped out of college to follow his dream as a dancer. I thought it was stupid, but a dream is a dream. Some people will do anything to accomplish that. I confessed to Luhan and he said yes. But I broke it off because I knew he loved Sehun more than me."

Yixing nodded and listened diligently, "Do you still love him?"

Minseok coughed and stumbled on his words, "I don't know. I don't think so."

Yixing smiled, "Well to make it up to you, and sorry for changing the subject, I do like Joomyeon and I think he's a great guy."

Minseok blinked, "Wait what?"

"Nothing, I said nothing."


 

-------

 

"Can we go back to Chanyeol's house Joomyeon?", Jongdae pleaded as he nudged the older boy on the arm. They came from work and Joomyeon was heading to Jongdae's house after his license has been confiscated by the police for speed driving and hitting a squirrel and a couple of birds along the way.

Joomyeon pried Jongdae's hands off, "Can you stop? It's your fault your license has been taken away. Why can't you follow simple directions--you're even worse than Chanyeol!"

"Eyyeee, don't be so hard on me!"

"Don't be so annoying."

"Come on!"

"Shut up!", Joomyeon finally hissed and took a sharp turn to the left causing Jongdae to shift awkwardly to the left with his lifting up from the leather seat. He laughed and patted the older boy's head like he was a young child.

"Oh you said a bad word!"

Joomyeon glared at Jongdae, "I'm going to fire you out of that company and return Chanyeol."

Jongdae pouted, "Just because you're like the vice president of the company doesn't mean you can kick me out. What about all the memories we've been through!"

"What memories?", Joomyeon hissed again, "All you did was give me extra work, aside from all the pounds of piles of paper work I do, I have to make sure you are not fooling around on your job."

Jongdae leaned back and laid his hands behind his head, pressing a button to lean the chair all the way back to a laying position. Joomyeon grumbled and his brows creased in a stressing manner, "I'm just having fun."

"Watch, I'm going to force you to work in Christmas while I'm at Chanyeol's house partying like a wild animal."

"Come on, we all know that you'll never be a party animal and just sit awkwardly on the chair like last month, at the birthday party."

"Shut up, you should be happy I'm bringing you home."

"You know, I didn't ask for a ride home. I could have taken a bus or a cab and walk the rest home. Luckily you asked me and that means I save a couple of won from flying through my pockets and wallet."

Joomyeon stopped the car, walked out and opened Jongdae's door, "You're welcome, now get out of my car."

"Gladly."

__________________
A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating, I haven't been inspired, Next chapter will come up as soon as possible. 
I've been distracted for a few days as well, and I'll fix all mistakes along with the new co-author, who is my
beta reader, as soon as possible as well. Would you like me to post side stories of this story? If so please message me
and tell me your pairings. One shot or a full story? It depends to the their history~ I would like to thank all of 
my new subscribers and upvotes. Please comment ~ Makes me happy ~ <3 Chanbaek Love will come soon. Sorry 
for short chapter.