Chapter 8

Sins

It was already nighttime when the four of them arrived home. Howon, Sungyeol and Dongwoo almost didn’t want to but after a couple of persuasion and a little threatening from Woohyun, they finally agreed.

Not that Woohyun was complaining really, it was actually better this way – he could escape Sunggyu for the time being and prepare himself better for what the Wrath had in stall for tommorow. Also this way, he could talk to Asmodeus without any disturbance-

“Well, look who’s back.”  The unmistakable voice of his own twin brother was what greeted him the second he opened the door to his room. He stared in surprise at Sunggyu’s form sitting on his bed, whose eyes were crimson red as thr former closed the door behind him with a soft click. Sunggyu was calm, almost too calm but his flaming eyes betrayed him – a clear indication of the burning anger the older man felt for him.

Woohyun never thought he would be saying this but at that very moment, he was scared of Sunggyu. Never, in the long years since he and the rest of the sins had been born, had Sunggyu been mad at him. It was a fact he gloated and never failed to remind Myungsoo about, something that annoyed  him greatly and was part of the growing list of reasons why the Pride hated the Lust with all the fiber of his being.

Not that Woohyun cared to begin with – after all, hate was still love and there was just something satisfying about the way the others tend to let him get under their skin, like they couldn't decided whether to hate him or leave him alone. Most of them chose the latter.

“Sunggyu,” he muttered, really the only thing he could say. Why was the other mad at him anyway? It wasn’t like this was the first time this happened, he regularly dissapeared for unknown amounts of time – sometimes lasting for weeks until months – so why was this so different?

They may be twins but Woohyun never really knew how Sunggyu’s mind worked, the other was really unpredictable.

Sunggyu closed his eyes for a brief moment before opening them again and stood up. Much to the Lust’s relief, Wrath’s eyes had started turning into a darker shade of red – almost mahogany – but still not back to that warm brown ones. At least his anger had dissipated even for a little bit.

“Why did you come only now?” his twin asked, still with that calmness in his voice. He didn’t know how to answer that without including what happened earlier that day between Dongwoo, Howon and Sungyeol so he only kept his mouth shut and hung his head low, refusing to meet Sunggyu’s gaze that he was sure was watching him closely. A few seconds of silence passed before he heard Sunggyu release a soft sigh and only then did he raise his head and properly look at his twin.

Sunggyu looked tired; really, really tired and the sight tugged at his heartstrings. Without another word, he wrapped his arms around the other and enveloped him in a hug. It took Sunggyu a few seconds before he returned the hug and nuzzled his face on the side of Woohyun’s neck.

“Did I worry you?” Woohyun asked, one hand rubbing the other’s back in a soothing manner. He could feel the Wrath tighten his hug for a little bit and claw at his back.

“Are you seriously asking me that you bastard?” There was no heat in his words, just resignation and Woohyun couldn’t help the chuckle that went pass his lips. He was relieved to know the other wasn’t mad at him anymore.

“Why were you angry anyway?” He could feel the Wrath stiffen from the hug before slightly pulling back to stare at him. Woohyun’s heart pounded loudly in his chest out of nervousness as he stared back at his brother. Had he made him angry?

To his immense relief, Sunggyu’s eyes didn’t change color as he looked below and murmured, “You’ve been visiting that Hyuna girl a lot these days.”

Now Woohyun was amused. “Are you perhaps jealous?”

“Wha-what?” Sunggyu sputtered, eyes wide and a tint of pink on his cheeks as he stared in shock at his twin brother. This reaction only made the Lust’s smirk widen and before Sunggyu could gather his wits and save whatever dignity he has left, Woohyun already beat him to it.

The Lust brought their lips on a crushing kiss.


A/N: Hmm... so three months huh? Wow, such a long time...

Edited by rumourhasit12~