Chapter 1

Sins

All our sins are traceable to these seven roots, the Seven Capital Sins. These seven sources of sin have been compared to diseases that affect the body. Pride is a cancer that eats and consumes the vital life. Greed is like consumption or tuberculosis, wasting away the soul's inner powers. Lust is a leprosy. Anger is a delirious fever. Envy is blood-poisoning. Gluttony leads to a sleeping-sickness that may end in death. Sloth is like a paralysis of the soul that hinders its progress and causes neglect of the means of grace, indifference, and even final impenitence.

We all thought that these diseases are demons that we fight within ourselves, but what we didn’t know is that these sins don’t live inside of us but they live with us. These temptations walk on the same path we trudge on everyday in getting by our monotonous life. And they sometimes even walk along us, whispering dark promises that we never fail to fall for.

And that’s exactly what Myungsoo – more commonly known as Pride – is doing in the middle of the bustling train station in Seoul, sharp obsidian orbs scanning the surroundings for his next target.

“Aha!” He exclaimed under his breath as he stared at a perfect target. The young man was a fresh graduate in law with a great future ahead of him.

The problem? He knows too well he doesn’t deserve being in the bottom of the food chain at the firm he was currently working for.

Myungsoo smirked one more time before standing up from his seat, walking towards his target while slowly making his presence disappear from around him.

What the clueless young man didn’t know is that he was already slowly falling for the sin’s trap.


Sunggyu was staring intently at the clock. His twin brother left early yesterday and he still haven’t returned.

If he’s not back after an hour I swear I’ll cas- Sunggyu’s train of not-so-innocent thoughts was broken when the front door opened. He perked up at this but was immediately disappointed by the loud rawr his lion released – knowing Ira would never react like that if it was Woohyun.

“Myungsoo your back, how was your hunting?” Sunggyu greeted his lover as he saw Myungsoo enter their large living room.

 All Seven Sins were living at the same mansion at a country side in Korea; they unanimously agreed that it would be for the best when all seven of them would be living at the same house – provided that none would interfere with each other’s life. It was also beneficial to their Demon Slaves whenever they need something from the sins.

Myungsoo smiled at the sight of his lover before giving him a light peck on the lips before growling at Sunggyu’s pet lion. “I really don’t understand why Ira hates me so much.” Myungsoo groaned. Sunggyu only chuckled before motioning for Ira to leave – which he did but not before giving Myungsoo one last glare.

“Sorry about him. He’s just really on a bad mood because Woohyun hasn’t returned yet.” Sunggyu apologized before guiding Myungsoo to their big sofa and sitting on his lap. Myungsoo weaved his arms around Sunggyu’s slim waist and snuggled his head to Sunggyu’s back.

“Really just like the owner huh? Isn’t that why you were also waiting anxiously here?” Myungsoo asked Sunggyu with a playful glint and laughed when Sunggyu only replied with a sheepish, guilty smile.

“Got caught huh?” Sunggyu muttered and Myungsoo only smiled as he rested his head at Sunggyu’s shoulders.

“Why do you care anyway? Woohyun is old enough to take care of himself, having been alive for who knows how many milleniums.” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu only chuckled, Myungsoo’s hair soothingly.

“I know but I just can’t help it you know? Woohyun’s my twin brother and it’s in my nature to care and worry for him – same with you and Sungyeol. And considering the both of you are only friends.”

Myungsoo chuckled lightly at the memory of his best friend. “How can I not worry when he can hurt himself just by sanding at a corner?”

Sunggyu laughed openly, the sound echoing throughout the whole house and making Myungsoo’s smile widen, because Sunggyu always looked best when he was laughing. “He is pretty clumsy, isn’t he?”

“You have no idea.” Myungsoo groaned. Sunggyu only looked at him with that amazing eye smile of his that made Myungsoo give out his own. Myungsoo swore he won’t need anything else to continue this boring, unending existence of his other than the sight in front of him.

And maybe that chodings gummy and chubby smile, Myungsoo whispered to himself.

It was his guilty pleasure this days; making Sungyeol laugh to the point of not breathing while Myungsoo only stared beside him, engraving another beautiful sight in his retinas. But he will never say that out loud because Sunggyu’s smiles should only be the one he’s engraving and not that clumsy choding’s. It also doesn’t help that he swore that to his pride.

And all be damned before he breaks that promise.

“Myung! Your back-“ That childish squeak that could only belong to the said choding reverberated through the whole house and his familiar footsteps tracking the stairs could be heard before both Myungsoo and Sunggyu turned upwards, looking at a wide eyed Sungyeol staring at them with an unexplainable emotion in his eyes.

“Oh, did I interrupt something?” Sungyeol asked as he blinked repeatedly, his eyes returning to that childish and questioning one. Sunggyu only stared at him while Myungsoo laughed a little and shook his head no at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol breathed out a sigh of relief before his whole face lighted up. He was about to say something but his phone interrupted him.

“Oh, It’s Woohyun.” That was all he said before he hurriedly ran towards the doors and was out before Sunggyu and Myungsoo reacted.

“Wait… did he just say Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked in disbelief before standing up from Myungsoo’s lap and started pacing around in frustration. “He calls Sungyeol but not me? Me! That is his own twin brother? Unbelievable!” Sunggyu exclaimed as he started muttering under his breath. Myungsoo only stared at him with narrowed eyes and decided to choose his words carefully; not wanting to step on any land mine that may anger Sunggyu any longer.

“Come on, don’t you trust him? I’m pretty sure he had his reasons why he called Sungyeol and not you.” Sunggyu blinked at him before his tense shoulders visibly relaxed and he nodded slowly – like a kid understanding his mistakes for the first time.

“I’m sorry for lashing it out on you…” Sunggyu muttered as he looked apologetically at Myungsoo. Myungsoo only nodded in understanding before he dropped a kiss on Sunggyu’s forehead.

“I know, I know…” Myungsoo muttered in reassurance before pulling Sunggyu in a tight embrace – the other returning it with the same vigore.

It was seriously getting on Myungsoo’s nerves, this incident had been happening quite frequently already and for the same reason always – Woohyun.

But he was never worried, for he knew Sunggyu would always love him – and it was something that would never change.

Oh, you poor, poor naive Myungsoo.


A/N: So I'm updating this in celebration for Woohyun's and Key's upcoming debut as a unit this coming Febuary! (Or April.. minor details)

Hope you enjoyed this *^^*