eleven

WonKyu Fics

*there will be more parts to the TEN story, I'm working on it, don't worry. But in the meantime, I wrote a few other things. here is one.


Dance Lessons

 

“You can do this, don’t worry,” Siwon whispered as he stared into the nervous brown eyes that were looking back at him.

 

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak, but before any words could come out, the opening notes from the same irritating song that had been playing for the last two hours started up again.

 

With a gulp and sweaty palms, Kyuhyun resumed formation with Siwon, trying to find comfort in the steady hands holding him in place.

 

From the corner of his eye Kyuhyun could see their instructor rubbing the space between his eyes, fatigue setting in as he geared up to begin guiding them through this routine again for the umpteenth time.  With a clap of his hands, he made his way over to the couple and forced a smile.

 

“Alright gentlemen, let’s try this again. Aaaaaand…1-2-3, 1-2-3…good Siwon-ssi, good…and 1-2-3, 1-2-3…nice, nice…1-2—Kyuhyun-ssi be careful with your footing!”

 

Just as the words left the instructor’s mouth, Kyuhyun lost his concentration and stepped forward at the same moment that Siwon was also moving forward.

 

“Aish!” Siwon cringed.

 

It was as though he could feel the leather kneading it’s way down onto the flesh of his toes, bearing down and adding to the tenderness that had already been spreading through his foot for the last couple of hours.

 

“Oh Wonnie I’m sorry!” Kyuhyun apologized as he quickly jerked away from Siwon’s hold.

 

“No, baby, baby, it’s fine,” said Siwon shaking his head as he reached out for Kyuhyun. “We just have to keep moving.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head with a look of sadness as he rubbed his arms self-consciously, watching Siwon as he took limped steps towards him.

 

“There’s no point, I’m useless,” Kyuhyun pouted as he turned to look towards the dance instructor who had turned off the music.

 

“Look, Kyuhyun-ssi, you're over thinking this. Let the music and your partner guide you, not your insecurities,” said the instructor.

 

Kyuhyun slightly scowled at him as Siwon his back lovingly.

 

“Right, okay, how about we take a few minutes break? I’ll give you two some time to…heal,” he said with a small smirk, dodging Kyuhyun’s glare as he moved towards the door to the practice room.

 

“I hate him,” muttered Kyuhyun. “Why did we hire him again?”

 

“Because the hyungs recommended him since he’s the best,” chuckled Siwon as he made his way over to the couch at the other end of the room. “And most importantly, because you wanted to.”

 

“Oh, right,” said Kyuhyun as he watched Siwon try his best to walk normally.

 

When Siwon finally reached the couch, he sat down and then lifted his leg to untie his laces of his dress shoe.

 

Kyuhyun winced as he moved to join Siwon, watching him remove his shoe and then sock before his visibly red toes.

 

“Oh my G-d,” he groaned palming his face at the sight.

 

“Baby, it’s really not that bad. And you are getting better. But even so, maybe if we watch the video again— started Siwon as he began massaging his foot.

 

“No,” Kyuhyun shook his head. “I’m done.”

 

“Done?” Siwon laughed. “What do you mean done? We have to learn this—we can’t do old choreography for our first dance as man and husband.”

 

At these words Kyuhyun pointed his toes together as he stared down at his feet, his bottom lip still protruding.

 

Siwon sighed, he hated seeing Kyuhyun feel dejected like this.

 

“Come here to me,” he said slightly angling his body.

 

Kyuhyun looked over at him with a soft frown of confusion.

 

“Come on,” said Siwon patting his lap.

 

“Wonnie, we’re not at home,” said Kyuhyun, embarrassment showing itself on his cheeks.

 

“But we’re alone, and I know you want to,” said Siwon opening his arms.

 

Kyuhyun sighed. He was right, which made him feel even more broody. So before Siwon had to ask him again, Kyuhyun leaned over and lay his head down on Siwon’s lap. Once nestled cozily, Kyuhyun looked up at Siwon with his doe eyes once again, sadness veiling them heavily. With a tender hand, Siwon reached out and ran his fingers through the soft strands of Kyuhyun’s hair, trying to gently massage the stress away.

 

“Now, what’s wrong—aside from the obvious,” Siwon clarified, already sensing a sarcastic retort from Kyuhyun’s pouty lips.

 

Swallowing the comment, Kyuhyun instead let out a sigh.

 

“I just didn’t think…” Kyuhyun started, the mumble coming from deep in his throat.

 

“What’s that?” asked Siwon leaning closer.

 

“I didn’t think I’d be the one bad at this,” grumbled Kyuhyun breaking his eyes away from Siwon’s gaze.

 

Siwon was quiet for a moment before he threw his head back in laughter.

 

“What?” frowned Kyuhyun as he immediately sat up and looked over at his hysterical fiancé.

 

“Oh Kyu! I swear you get more adorable every day. So this whole thing is about your bruised ego, is that it?” Siwon smiled cupping Kyuhyun’s chin before he angrily pulled away from his grasp.

 

“No, that’s not just it!” whined Kyuhyun standing up. “I’m dance!Kyu, I’m the dancer in this relationship—you're the one that used to come to me for help, remember?!”

 

“Yes, I remember—

 

“I can do choreography. I can tap. Freestyle. Hip-hop—whatever. But this? I just…can’t and it’s really getting to me,” Kyuhyun said putting his hands to his head.

 

“Baby, “ said Siwon standing up to grab Kyuhyun by his shoulders.

 

“Don’t baby me…I don’t like failing. And at something like this…I want to be good. Not just for me…but for you too,” Kyuhyun said softly.

 

“And you will be,” said Siwon gently cupping Kyuhyun’s chin again so that he would look at him.

 

“None of it will matter if I cripple my husband in the process,” Kyuhyun said with a raised eyebrow.

 

“I’m fine,” smiled Siwon before kissing Kyuhyun’s cheek, trying to appease him.

 

Kyuhyun glanced down at Siwon’s still and red foot and then back up at him, not convinced in the slightest.

 

“Look,” said Siwon and he let go of Kyuhyun to step back and hold his arms in the waltz position.

 

He began counting softly as he danced around, trying to prove to Kyuhyun that he was in fact okay.

 

“See?” Siwon smiled.

 

“Yeah, you're fine until you throw me into the mix,” he said following Siwon around the room, by walking a few feet away.

 

Siwon stopped and raised an eyebrow at Kyuhyun.

 

“Come here,” he said holding his arms out.

 

“No,” said Kyuhyun plainly as he crossed his arms.

 

“Baby,” said Siwon, sternness growing in his voice as he took a step towards Kyuhyun.

 

“Wonnie, no, I don’t want to hurt you, I’m not meant to follow, it’s just too hard,” said Kyuhyun as Siwon finally pulled him into position again.

 

“Okay then, you lead,” he said with a shrug.

 

“Wh—huh N-no, you're supposed to,” sputtered Kyuhyun, shaking his head.

 

“Says who?” shrugged Siwon.

 

“Well, the…instructor,” said Kyuhyun weakly.

 

“Kyu, I don’t know if you’ve noticed this but … we’re both men,” Siwon leaned in and whispered in Kyuhyun’s ear.

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he leaned his forehead on Siwon’s shoulder.

 

“And we’ve already been doing things our own way, right? So who cares if you lead or not? Not me,” said Siwon.

 

Siwon felt Kyuhyun nod against him and he pressed a kiss to his neck.

 

“Alright then, lead me baby,” Siwon breathed softly.

 

Kyuhyun looked up at Siwon’s eyes and saw the hinting of a playful smirk across his lips.

 

“Don’t do that,” Kyuhyun said with a knowing smile as Siwon started them moving.

 

“Do what?” asked Siwon innocently.

 

“Turn this isn’t something dirty, you always do that,” said Kyuhyun shaking his head as he felt Siwon press himself closer, earning a gasp from his parted lips.

 

“And the results are always good, look you're a natural,” smiled Siwon.

 

Kyuhyun looked down at their feet and realized that even with Siwon’s one exposed foot, he had yet to step on his toes.

 

Looking back up at him with a smile Kyuhyun paused their steps and leaned forward, placing a peck on Siwon’s lips.

 

“What was that for?” asked Siwon, returning his smile.

 

“For being a better instructor than him,” said Kyuhyun nodding towards the door that was now opening to reveal the instructor coming back in.

 

“All right gentlemen, are you ready to try again?” he asked walking over to the stereo, stopping when he saw them smiling at each other, and not missing Siwon’s barefoot.

 

“Actually, I think we’ll stop for today, my fiancé and I have come up with our own method that we’ll practice with at home tonight,” said Kyuhyun with a smile.

 

Siwon grinned, wrapping his hands around Kyuhyun’s waist as they both watched the confusion grow on the instructor’s face.

 

Kyuhyun let out a giggle as Siwon pulled him backwards towards the couch by his waist to grab his sock and shoe before basically running out of rehearsal room, hand in hand.