Chapter Eight.

Idol's Love Story

I felt a light peck on my cheek and slowly open my eyes. I didn’t even realize when I doze off but when I open my eyes, Kikwang is like literally an inch away from my face and I automatically froze. “You look really beautiful when you sleep..”. Kikwang said while smiling. I gave him a slight smile and quickly sit up straight. I’m a bit of a blur everytime I wake up from my sleep and need quite sometime to be fully awake. I zone out for a moment till I realize that Kikwang is still beside me, patiently waiting for me to be fully awake. “Kikwang ah.. Mianhe.. I didn’t realize when I doze off and I guess I’m too exhausted..”. I started apologizing to Kikwang when I felt more awake. Kikwang just smile at me and nod. “You don’t have to explain to me.. I totally understand. Kaja! Let’s go out and breathe in the fresh air!”. Kikwang pulled me out of the van and that’s when I realize that we’re at the famous Han River. I look around me and there seems to be no one at all and look down to look at my watch. ‘No wonder there’s no one around. It’s already 2 in the morning..’. I told myself. The two of us walk hand in hand towards the edge of the Han River and for a moment, the two of us just stood there, holding each other’s hand and breathe in the fresh air. It’s so peaceful and serene especially when you go there with the person that you love. “Hyosung ah.. I’m gonna miss you..”. Kikwang suddenly told me. I look at him and can’t help smiling. “I’m gonna miss you more my Pabo Kwang..”. I told him and let out a laugh. He open his eyes wide and playfully headlock me. I struggle to get out from his headlock and slowly he release his arm and rest it on my shoulder. I put my arm around his waist and yet again, we stood there silently, looking at the view. “Oh yeah! Let’s take a polaroid picture and make sure you bring the pictures to Europe.. Arasso?”. Kikwang tell me before he walk back to the van. I put my hand on my forehead like how a soldier salute and stand at attention. We took a few silly pictures and some pictures like how couples take and that includes Kikwang kissing my forehead and a peck on the lips. Such a bliss feeling I shall say. “Other than this pictures, I also want you to bring this with you to Europe.”. Kikwang took out a small box from his pocket. ‘Oh my god! Is he proposing?’. I look at the box in a shocking state and then I realize that I was thinking too overboard. “What’s this?”. I asked. I hold the box and shake it a little. There’s definitely something in there. I untie the ribbon and open the box slowly. In the box is a bracelet with two charms on it. I look at the charms and there’s the letter ‘K’ and ‘K’. I look at the bracelet in awe and suddenly my eyes went teary. ‘Seriously Hyosung.. Are you filming a drama right now?’. I told myself. “Yah waegerae? Jeon Hyosung? Gwaenchana? You don’t like this bracelet?”. Kikwang hold my chin up. I shook my head a little. “I like it.. I really do.. I just don’t know why I’m so emotional right now..”. I wipe my tears fast and smile at him. Kikwang let out a sigh of relief and slowly smile at me while patting my head. “Look! I have the bracelet too.. But, I have your initials on mine..”. Kikwang said while putting his hand slightly up so I could see his bracelet. I totally have no idea that he’s gonna plan such a gift. “Yah Kikwang ah.. Why do you plan all this? What does that make me?”. I decided to jokingly blame him. Kikwang literally laugh out loud and trust me, I will do anything to look at and listen at that laugh. “Aigoo uri Hyosungie.. Don’t blame me! You should blame yourself for having such a romantic boyfriend like me..”. He pinch both my cheeks. I put both my hands on his cheeks and move his head left and right when suddenly his hands went through my hair and he pull me close to him. Our lips naturally touched and yet again, Han River witness our kiss.

That morning..

“Unnie! Pali ireona! We’re gonna be late because of you!!”. Jieun woke me up from my deep sleep. I open my eyes slightly and look at the clock. It’s already 6 a.m. and we’re supposed to be out of our dorm by 6.30. I slowly sit on my bed and zone out like I usually do and slowly everything that happened yesterday, well, more like just now just start to come in my mind. After that romantic quick date that we had, I ended up reaching the dorm at 4 a.m. and because of that I had only 2 hours of sleep. But whatever. It was totally worth it. Kikwang is such a sweetheart and it was an amazing quick date indeed.

In the van..

“Omo omo! Omo! Ottoke?!!”. I was continuing my sleep in the van while we’re on our way to the airport when I heard Sunhwa’s panic voice at the back. ‘Whatever.. Obviously she’s watching a drama.. That’s why she’s reacting that way..’. I told myself and go back to sleep. “Unnie! Ireona! Look at this!!”. Sunhwa shook my shoulder hard. “Sunhwa yah! I’m trying to get some sleep here!”. Feeling a bit annoyed, I told Sunhwa to stop disturbing me. “But..”. Before Sunhwa could finish her sentence, my phone rang. I slowly open my eyes to look at the caller ID and suddenly I don’t feel sleepy anymore. It’s my Kikwangie calling me. But, why did he call me? He rarely do. “Annyeong Kikwangie ah.. Wae…”. “Did you look at the photos already?!”. I can’t even finish my sentence because Kikwang already cut me through. “What? What is it? What photos?”. I became anxious suddenly because Kikwang’s voice is too. “Uhmm unnie ah.. You might wanna look at this..”. Sunhwa tap my shoulder softly. “Sunhwa yah.. Not now plea….”. I froze. I look carefully at the photos and yes, that’s me and Kikwang at Han River last night. A picture of us holding hands, a picture of us taking polaroid pictures together and finally the kiss.