Chapter Two.

Idol's Love Story

Six months later..

It’s here. The day that we’ve waited for. The day that will change our life. The day where we are no longer called trainees. I took a couple of deep breath while my stylist unnie fixed my makeup. My members and I are currently at M!Countdown as it’s our first live stage today. We’ll be debuting with our first single on this show live and hopefully we’ll do well. “Jieun ah.. Deo ara? Beast will debut at Inkigayo in two days’ time for their live stage too!! Like finally I get to see my AJ..”. Sunhwa had already started her fangirling syndrome. “Oh jinja?! Omo! Daebak.. But by the way, it’s not AJ anymore.. Now he’s Lee Kikwang ssi..”. Jieun pushed Sunhwa slightly. That’s true though. Now, AJ will be using his own name to debut for the second time but this time round with a group and not solo. Being the middle person who’s sitting among my two dongsaengs, I can’t help but to listen to their conversation. “Beast is a new group too?”. I ask casually. Not that I’m curious though. Just wanna let loose the nervous feeling. “They are new like us too.. Only difference is, we debut two days earlier than them.. They’re called Beast and they’re under Cube Entertainment. Oh by the way unnie, the best part is, Kikwang’s gonna debut again and he’ll be in that group now!”. Sunhwa excitedly explain to me. I was trying to remember a guy name Kikwang but I don’t seem to recall any. “Kikwang? Kikwang who?”. I asked. Sunhwa and Jieun slapped their forehead almost at the same time and look at me in disbelief. “Unnie ah, do you live in a cave? Or you don’t know what’s internet? Aigoo yah..”. Sunhwa shakes her head. “It’s okay, let me explain.. Unnie, Kikwang or Lee Kikwang is AJ.. Remember? The Dancing Shoes guy? His company made him debut for the second time now and this time, he’ll debut in a group and the group name is Beast. So now, we have to call AJ, Lee Kikwang.”. Jieun finished her explanation with hopes that I get what she’s trying to say. Well actually, I already understand her it’s just that like I say, I’m just trying to calm these nerves down. I nod my head to respond to her. “Unnie ah.. You have to take note of all this idols ya know? After all, we are in the idol world now and we do have to get updated with all this..”. Jieun gave me a friendly advice. Well, she’s true though. Just imagine if we were invite to some variety shows and when asked about idols, I can’t answer any. Woah, the horror! Well, it’s not like I don’t know any idols. It’s just that, most of the idols that I know is like Rain, Super Junior, Shinhwa, DBSK, Finkl, SES and well, yeah. To be honest, I’m a huge fan of dramas and if you were to ask me about actors and actress names, I’m an expert for that. Keke! “Secret in 5!”. The PDnim’s voice coming from outside our waiting room can be heard. I stood up, look at each of my members and tried my best to calm down. I don’t want to show that I’m nervous as hell now because my responsibility of a leader is to not make my members nervous too. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. This is it! We can do this. One by one, all of us came out of the waiting room and walk to the main stage. The closer we get to the stage, the louder the fans voices can be heard. Once we are at the backstage, I gather all my members and we huddled in a circle. “Okay girls. This is it! All the late nights, practices and strains that we’ve experience for 2 years, is finally paying off now. This is our new beginning, we are no longer trainees and we gotta get out there and rock that stage! We’re all in this together and we can do this together! Hana, dul, set, FIGHTING!!”. All of us hug each other and gave words of encouragement before we slowly get up that stage and stand in our positions. The lights went on and I know now that we are Secret, a Korean idol group.