Chapter Eleven.

Idol's Love Story

Continuation of Kikwang’s POV..

Two weeks later..

The day that Hyosung came back to Korea is the day that Kikwang flew off to Singapore with s. Beast will be having their Asia Tour and Singapore will be their first stop. He’ll also be out of Korea for two weeks and he’s quite bummed that he can’t meet Hyosung before he go. Their dating news had not yet subside and until Kikwang, Hyosung or their agencies speak up, their dating news will not stop. Kikwang’s CEO already told him to not comment anything about the news to any press till he’s allowed to. The last time that Kikwang contacted Hyosung was two days ago through Skype. Although Hyosung kept on saying that she’s fine, Kikwang can see that she’s not at all fine. Throughout their Skype conversation, Kikwang tried not to bring up the dating matter and instead asked her how’s her tour going and whatnot. Kikwang felt relieved everytime he saw Hyosung smiled or laughed. That’s the only thing that he wanted to see on Hyosung right now. “KaTalk!”. That’s the first thing Kikwang heard the moment he his phone. Currently they’ve already arrived in Singapore but they’re still in the arrival lounge. He smiled as soon as he sees Hyosung’s name who texted him two hours ago.

KakaoTalk conversation..

Hyosung: I’m back in Korea! Have you safely reached Singapore? <3

Kikwang: Mianhe for the late reply.. Yup! Just safely reached and am still at the arrival lounge.. Where are you now?

Hyosung replied him ten minutes later.

Hyosung: Dahaengeeya.. I was wondering what took you so long to reply me.. I’m in my dorm resting now.. Tomorrow it’s back to the practice room for me.. Keke! How’s Singapore treating you?

Kikwang: Kokcheong hajima.. Your adorable boyfriend is safe and sound here.. Singapore’s great so far.. Our fans are so enthusiastic here, we’re quite shocked and well, the weather here is warm as always.

Hyosung: That’s great! You should be proud Kikwangie ah.. B2st’s B2utys are there for their oppas.. Make sure you make them happy arachi? I’m gonna miss my Pabo Kwang for another two weeks now.. Huu huu.. ㅜㅜ

Kikwang smiled once he read Hyosung’s message.

Kikwang: Uljima!! It’s just for two weeks.. Now you’re gonna feel what I felt when you left me in Korea for two weeks.. Kekeke! Thanks for the support love.. Uri Jeon Hyosungie jjang! ^.~ Alright.. I’m not gonna disturb you now.. You have to rest fully and get rid of that jet lag to practice tomorrow.. Be a good girl while I’m gone.. Missing you so badly already.. ㅜㅜ

Kikwang put his phone aside and looked out of the van window. The sunny Singapore weather somehow made his cloudy heart a bit better.

The next day..

Tonight is Beast’s Asia Tour in Singapore and the boys are so pumped for it. Right now they’re having their soundcheck and polishing up their choreography as they wanna give the best show to their B2utys. After two hours of soundcheck and making sure everything is perfect, they all went back to the changing room to get ready as there’s only an hour and a half left before their concert starts. After a quick shower, Kikwang went back to the changing room to put on his stage outfit. The changing room is the busiest place after the backstage whenever there is a concert because all the stylists and staffs will just run everywhere to make sure everything is perfectly in place. After he’s all dressed up, Kikwang took out his phone and sat down in front of the mirror while their stylist starts to style up his hair. He didn’t check his phone since they got here for the soundcheck and because of that, he received quite a lot of KaTalk messages and the two name that really caught his eyes is Hyosung’s and his CEO’s. He decided to open his CEO’s message first as there might be some important updates regarding the concert for tonight but he was totally wrong. In fact, he felt like the world just stop spinning.

KakaoTalk conversation..

Sajangnim: Kikwang ah.. Do know that I’ve tried my best to save the two of you but looks like Hyosung’s CEO is very strict about his contract. I understand him and even I take this kind of contracts seriously and because of that, Hyosung’s CEO and I have agreed to tell the press that all that news are just rumors and the two people in that photos are not you guys.. We’re trying our best to clear all this up and I hope you do your part too.. You can start by telling the press that all that dating news are just rumors.. I know it’s going to be hard for you and Hyosung but for the sake of the two of your careers, your members and the companies, this is the only way that we have. Don’t let this news affect your performance for the concert tonight.. Be strong, be professional and don’t let your fans down. Again, I’m really sorry.. Fighting!

Kikwang’s hands are trembling by now and his emotions are all over the place. He doesn’t even know if he’s strong enough to open Hyosung’s message because he knows what the content of the message will be. He took a deep breath and open Hyosung’s message.

An hour later..

“Kikwang ah! Deo mohae?! Pali dawa! We need to be at the backstage now!”. Doojoon bang the cubicle door harder by now. Kikwang told them that he need to go to the toilet but that was like fifteen minutes ago and because they had to be at the backstage now, Doojoon decided to go check on him. He heard a click sound from the cubicle door and slowly Kikwang came out from the cubicle and Doojoon realize that he’s crying because of those red, watery eyes. Without making any eye contact, Kikwang walk to the toilet sink and wash his hands. “Yah! Yah Kikwang ah.. Deo waegerae? Did you cry? What happen?”. Doojoon asked. Kikwang wanted to walk away when Doojoon suddenly pulled him from the back which made him turned and immediately faced Doojoon. “Yah!”. Doojoon slightly push Kikwang’s shoulder. “We’re done..”. Kikwang told Doojoon and looked down. It took quite a while for Doojoon to understand what Kikwang said and by the time he does, he gasped. “Aigoo.. Kikwang ah..”. Doojoon regretted not knowing this from just now and felt bad for getting frustrated with Kikwang just now. He hugged Kikwang because he knows that’s what Kikwang need right now. “Kikwang ah, just let it all out bro.. Just let it all out.. It’s okay bro..”. Doojoon tap Kikwang’s back a few times to comfort him. “Yah! Why are you guys getting so lovey-dovey in the toilet?! Kikwang ah! You’re two-timing Hyosung with this dude?!”. The moment Yoseob say that, Doojoon grabbed a toilet roll and throw it at him but because Yoseob quickly dodged it, the toilet roll landed on Dongwoon’s head. “Oh hyung! What did I do wrong?!”. The maknae asked his hyung while still in his shocked state. Yoseob laugh out loud and he suddenly stop when he saw Kikwang’s tears. He quickly stood beside Kikwang and put his hand around Kikwang’s shoulder. “Yah waegerae? Why did you cry?”. Kikwang just shook his head and looked at his reflection in the mirror. He tried to fix his eye makeup by wiping some of the smudge off. Doojoon who stood beside Dongwoon signalled Yoseob to get out with his eyes. Yoseob who took quite some time to understand Doojoon finally understood him. “Oh arasso.. Yah Dongwoon ah, kaja!”. He pulled Dongwoon out. “Eyy hyung! I’m still fixing my hair!”. Being the vain maknae, Dongwoon just can’t see a mirror. “Yah Son Dongwoon!!”. Both Yoseob and Doojoon yelled out his name. Dongwoon who got shocked for the second time quickly rushed out of the toilet. Doojoon turned to Kikwang again. He’s worried that this matter will affect Kikwang’s performance later especially because each of them have their solo performance that they need to perform later. “Kikwang ah.. You’re strong enough to face it right?”. Doojoon asked him. Kikwang sighed, look down then turned to Doojoon. “Do I have a choice?”. He asked Doojoon and gave him a bitter smile. Kikwang took a deep breath and walked out of the toilet.

During the concert..

All the Beast members had so much fun on stage. They sang all their songs and did their dance smoothly. For Kikwang, the shock and pain that he felt is still there but, he have to be professional so as not to disappoint his fans and s. He tried hard to forget about his problems for a moment but it’s not possible especially when Beast are ready to sing one of their heartbreaking song from their single cover. “Are you ready for our next song?!”. Dongwoon asked the crowd. “Let’s sing, ‘Will You Be Alright?’ from our single cover..”. The crowd went wild. All of the members are now seated on a moving platform on stage and they sang their lines perfectly.

Will You Be Alright?

[두준] 충분히 생각해봤니 지금 네가 뱉은 말은
[DJ] chungbunhi saenggakhaebwattni jigeum niga baeteun maleun
[DJ] Have you given that thought some time? The words you just spat at me


쉽게 되돌릴 없단 것도 알고 있니
shipge dwiddollil su eobtdan geootdo algo ittni
Do you know that those are words you can’t easily turn back?

[
기광] 미안해하는 표정 그런 슬픈 얼굴 싫어 어쩌면
[KK] mianhaehaneun ni pyojeong geureon seulpeun eolgul shireo eojjeomyeon
[KK] Your apologetic expression, I don’t like that sad face


마지막일지도 모르는데 웃어줘
majimakiljido moreuneundde jom useojwo
This could be the end for us, please just smile

[
현승] 없는 나보다 없는 네가 혼자선 아무것도 못하는
[HS] neo eobtneun naboda na eobtneun niga honjaseon amugeotdo jalmothaneun
[HS] Me without you over you without me, Not being able to do anything on my own


네가 너무나 걱정돼
niga nan neomuna keokjeongdwae
I worry about myself if anything

[
동운] 정말 괜찮겠니 내가 옆에 없어도
[DW] jeongmal gwaenchangettni naegani yeope eobseodo
[DW] Will you really be alright? Even when I am not next to you


외로움 많이 타는 네가 혼자가 버려도
wiro-um manhi taneun niga honjaga dwae beoryeodo neon
You, who gets lonely so often, Even if you are alone from now

[
요섭] 정말 괜찮겠니 가끔은 너와 다퉈
[YS] jeongmal gwaenchangettni gakkeumeun neowa datwojul
[YS] Will you really be alright? Not having someone to fight with you


없는 농담으로 너와 웃어줄 사람 없어도 너만 괜찮다면
shil eobtneun nongdameuro neowa useojul saram eobseodo neoman gwaenchanhdamyeon
Not having someone to laugh with you over pointless jokes, Not having that person, if that’s okay with you

[
준형] Think of it twice 다시 생각해
[JH] Think of it twice dashi jal saenggakhae bwa
[JH] Think of it twice, think about it again

(If you leave me)
내가 없어도 정말 괜찮을까 네가
(If you leave me) naega eobseodo jeongmal gwaenchanheulkka niga
(If you leave me) Without me, will you really be alright?


없인 모든 너무 서투니까
neon na eobshin modeun ge neomu seotunikka
Without me you are so clumsy with everything


내가 알고 있는 어린애 같으니까
naega algo ittneun neon eorinae gateunikka
The you I know is so childlike

Where are you going? Why you wanna go?


어딜 가려고 Oh, Oh 가려고
eodil galyeogo Oh, Oh wae galyeogo
Where are you trying to go? Oh, Oh Why are you trying to go?


그러다 끝내 울음이 터진 이런 보고 어떻게
geureoda kkeutnae ureumi teojin neo ireon neo bogo eotteohke neol
You finally burst into tears in front of me, Seeing you like this how am I supposed to


보낼 있겠어 많이 흐트러질 텐데
bonael su ittgesseo manhi heuteureojil tende neo
Send you away? You are really going to lose it

[
현승] 없는 나보다 없는 네가 혼자선 아무것도 못하는
[HS] neo eobtneun na boda na eobtneun niga honjaseon amugeotdo jal mothaneun
[HS] Me without you over you without me, Not being able to do anything on my own


네가 너무나 걱정돼
niga nan neoomuna keokjeongdwae
I worry about myself if anything

[
동운] 정말 괜찮겠니 내가 옆에 없어도
[DW] jeongmal gwaenchanhgettni naega ni yeope eobseodo
[DW] Will you really be alright? Even when I am not next to you


외로움 많이 타는 네가 혼자가 버려도
wiro-um manhi taneun niga honjaga dwae beoryeodo neon
You, who gets lonely so often, Even if you are alone from now


[
요섭] 정말 괜찮겠니 가끔은 너와 다퉈
[YS] jeongmal gwaenchangettni gakkeumeun neowa datwojul
[YS] Will you really be alright? Not having someone to fight with you


없는 농담으로 너와 웃어줄 사람 없어도 너만 괜찮다면
shil eobtneun nongdameuro neowa useojul saram eobseodo neoman gwaenchanhdamyeon
Not having someone to laugh with you over pointless jokes, Not having that person, if that’s okay with you

[
기광] 조금 이기적이어도
[KK] jogeum igijeoki-eodo dwae
[KK] You can be a little selfish

[
두준] 네가 나를 떠나서도 힘들지 않을 있을 때까지
[DJ] niga nareul ddeonaseodo himdeulji anheul su isseul ddaekkaji
[DJ] Even after you leave me
So that you won’t have any difficulties


머물러도
deo meomulleodo dwae
You can linger a little longer

[
준형] Stay with me baby. Stay with me baby
Don’t go. Don’t leave me baby. Take ma hand
Stay with me baby, Stay with me baby
Don’t go. Don’t leave me baby

[
동운] 정말 괜찮겠니 내가 옆에 없어도
[DW] jeongmal gwaenchanhgettni naega ni yeope eobseodo
[DW] Will you really be alright? Even when I am not next to you


외로움 많이 타는 네가 혼자가 버려도
wiro-um manhi taneun niga honjaga dwae beoryeodo neon
You, who gets lonely so often, Even if you are alone from now

[
요섭] 정말 괜찮겠니 가끔은 너와 다퉈
[YS] jeongmal gwaenchangettni gakkeumeun neowa datwojul
[YS] Will you really be alright? Not having someone to fight with you


없는 농담으로 너와 웃어줄 사람 없어도 너만 괜찮다면
shil eobtneun nongdameuro neowa useojul saram eobseodo neoman gwaenchanhdamyeon
Not having someone to laugh with you over pointless jokes, Not having that person, if that’s okay with you

He tried hard to control but he just can’t. Tears slowly rolled down Kikwang’s cheeks yet again. ‘This is not happening.. Jeon Hyosung.. Why must you give up so easily? We already promised to face all this and walk this path together.. Now that you’ve leave me, will you really be alright? No, will I be alright? Oh god..’. Kikwang thought to himself. He closed his eyes tight and tears rolled down yet again. He totally forgot that he’s on the stage right now. The rest of the Beast members turned to him once in a while because by now, they already know what’s going on and they do feel the pain that Kikwang’s feeling.