Chapter Six.

Idol's Love Story

A year later..

“Unnie, try not to be obvious alright? The cameras will be rolling everywhere and one wrong move, you might get caught.”. I heard Sunhwa say. I’m in my room now, getting ready to go for a recording outdoor that involves other idols and my boyfriend, Lee Kikwang. First and foremost, I would like to apologize as I address Lee Kikwang as my boyfriend because well, he really is my boyfriend. It happened quite fast actually and before I realize it, we’re already in a relationship. Okay, maybe you guys are dying to know how this happened right? Fine.. Let’s have a flashback now shall we?

A year ago..

After that impromptu ‘going to the movies on the first day that we met’ incident, Kikwang and I decided to exchange numbers and because of that, we can’t stop chatting with each other on ‘KakaoTalk’. We rarely had a conversation on the phone and we only get to meet each other on music shows and of course we just get to say a ‘Hi’ or a ‘Bye’ most of the time. My members know that currently I’m close with him and they are really supporting me instead of killing me. Kikwang’s a very sweet guy and I felt comfortable talking to him and because we are working in the same industry, we understand each other better. “KaTalk!”. A ‘KakaoTalk’ notification came in. I look on my screen and like I predicted, it’s Kikwang. I smiled and trust me, that happens everytime Kikwang message me.

KakaoTalk conversation..

Kikwangie: Guess what?

Me: Wae?

Kikwangie: I’ll be seeing you again! Kekeke!

Me: Jinja? Eonje? Wae?

Kikwangie: Yah Jeon Hyosung! Quit with the questions now will ya? Aren’t you gonna at least ask me what I’m doing or how am I?

I burst out laughing when I read his message.

Me: Arasso! Mianhe.. How’s uri Kikwangie today? Feeling good? Have you eaten? What are you doing? Did you sleep well? How’s your schedule today?

Kikwangie: Yah Jeon Hyosuuunnggg!!!

I burst out laughing yet again. It’s just so fun to disturb Kikwang.

Me: Arasso! Arasso! Jinja mianhe! By the way what did you say just now? You’ll be meeting me again? Why?

I get back to the real conversation.

Kikwangie: Apology accepted! I’m invited to be on ‘Oh! My School’ as a regular cast for a month! ^^

Me: Omo! Jinja?! Chukhae! ^^

Wow. What’s this feeling that I’m feeling now? I’m feeling excited. Whatever for?

Kikwangie: Thanks! Yoseob’s a bit pissed off with me actually but well, I’m happy that I get to work together with him again but mostly because I get to meet you again! ^^

‘Aigoo Kikwang ah.. Do you really have to say that?’. I told myself. My heart is beating fast right now.

Me: Of course Yoseob will be pissed off.. You’ll get the spotlight everytime you’re there! Keke.. So, have you eaten?

I try my best not to get to the ‘but mostly because I get to meet you again’ sentence and decided to change the topic. I know things will get awkward if we go to that part and because we’re having an awesome ‘KakaoTalk’ conversation right now, I don’t really want to ruin that atmosphere. Luckily though, Kikwang answered my question and the topic changed from there.

A month later..

One month went by really fast and I gotta be honest that I’ve never felt so energized and hyped up everytime I’m on my way to ‘Oh! My School’ recording. Kikwang and I get to be in a group most of the time and there are times when we made some mistakes showing how close we are that we are often disturbed by the other casts. Of course though, the only person there who knows how close we are is Yoseob. Now that we are done with our ‘Oh! My School’ recording, we couldn’t get to meet each other that often anymore and like I said when we meet during music shows, we couldn’t even talk to each other as we’re all busy with our own stuff. ‘KakaoTalk’ is the only place where we get to have our conversation and eventhough I can see Kikwang from across the hallway, we will still communicate through ‘KakaoTalk’ cause both of us feel closer that way. We’re too close now that sometimes, I feel like he takes care of me like how a boyfriend does and even sometimes I behave like how a girlfriend behaves around his boyfriend till one day, what I say did came true.

KakaoTalk conversation..

Kikwangie: Hyosungie mohae?

Me: At my dorm.. Resting.. Wae?

Kikwangie: Nothing.. Just asking.. ^~^

Me: Kikwang ah.. You’re not really good at lying ya know? What is it?

It took about 5 minutes for him to reply back which by the way never happen before because he immediately reply after I replied him.

Kikwangie: I have something to tell you.. I thought of meeting you but currently I’m on my way to the airport cause we’re going to Japan. I thought this matter won’t bother me and I could still wait till I’m back in Korea but I guess not..

I read his message carefully and couldn’t help but feel worried.

Me: Kikwang ah.. Waegerae? You’re making me worried. Don’t leave your message hanging please.. Wae wae?

Kikwangie: Pabo Jeon Hyosung.. Kokcheong hajima! Nothing is wrong and I’m fine..

Me: Then, WHAT IS IT?!!

Seriously, I can’t handle suspense really well and I feel like it’s killing me now. What is he trying to tell me?

Kikwangie: I love you..

My eyes became wide, my heart is thumping really fast, my hands turned icy cold and I have no idea where am I now.

Kikwangie: I may not be a romantic guy cause I’m confessing my feelings on KakaoTalk right now but one thing that I do know and am sure of is my feelings towards you. Since the first day that we met at the hallway, well to be honest though, I’ve been wanting to meet you since your debut but couldn’t get a chance to do so. The moment that I heard that I’m gonna be on ‘Oh! My School’, I went crazy and my members are my witness. I’m glad that we exchanged numbers cause if we didn’t, I don’t think we are this close now. The past few months have been amazing for me cause my wish of getting to know you finally came true. Having conversations with you although it’s on KakaoTalk is the best moment ever and don’t even get me started on having a real conversation with you on the phone and hearing your voice. I know that this is not gonna be an easy path for us because we can’t date like how normal couples do but if you are willing to walk together on this path with me, let’s make amazing memories and enjoy each other’s company because I really do love you Jeon Hyosung. Will you be my girlfriend?

Oh. My. God. I seriously didn’t see this coming and I didn’t even thought of facing this situation at this very moment. ‘What should I do? How should I reply? Should I reply him that long or should I just reply yes? Wait, should I say yes? Do I wanna say yes? What will happen if I say yes?’. “OKAY STOPPPPP!!!!”. I screamed at the top of my lungs and tried to calm down. Hana and Jieun who was in the living room came running in my room. “Unnie!! Waegerae?! What happen?! What’s wrong?!”. Jieun’s worried expression came be seen as she came running close to my bed. Hana who saw me staring on my screen phone quickly snatched my phone away and read what’s written. I don’t even care if she read it at that moment because right now, I don’t even know what to do. “Omo!!”. I heard Hana squealed. Jieun who also read the content of that message looked at me with her eyes wide opened. “Yah igo jinja daebak yah!! Unnie ah.. You are gonna reply him right? Don’t let him wait cause you might regret it for the rest of your life.. You can’t deny your feelings anymore now cause we know how much you love him too..”. I heard Hana giving me words of encouragement. Jieun who was obviously so speechless just nod in agreement. Okay fine. Yes. I admit. I love him. I love this guy who just confessed to me. I, Jeon Hyosung, love Lee Kikwang and before I could even stop myself, I’m typing on my phone and confessing my feelings to Kikwang too.