8

Saranghae

”I’m dying of boredom,” Amber complained, almost lying on the table.

”Hey,” Woohyun whispered and nudged Amber’s with his elbow. ”Someone’s coming.”

Amber shoot up straight away, sitting in perfect posture and smiling.

”Wow,” Woohyun laughed.

”Shut up,” she whispered to him and then smiled again to the granny walking towards them. ”Annyeonghaseyo!”

The old lady greeted her back. ”Oh, you know Korean! Our little Woohyun has taught her girlfriend well!” the lady said harmlessly.

”Ehh?!” Amber nearly yelled and was about to stand up but Woohyun pushed her back down secretly by her arm. Amber looked dumbfounded at Woohyun who was trying so hard not to laugh.

”We’re not dating. Just friends,” Woohyun said to the elder with a sweet smile on his face.

”I’m so sorry! I misunderstood,” the old lady apologized in panic.

”Don’t worry about it,” Woohyun smiled reassuringly.

The lady left and kept apologizing all the way.

 

Amber stared Woohyun blankly.

”What?”

”How did you react so calmly?”

”There’s no reason to make a big deal out of that. And, why? I can’t have a girlfriend as beautiful as you?” he ended with a slight teasing.

”You’re starting that again!” she hit him again with her handbag.

But I was serious…

”You’re really too violent!” Woohyun laughed.

 

---

 

Amber kept yawning. ”Why did you have to drag me with you…” she complained.

”You could have declined,” Woohyun joked.

Amber was too bored to hit him again. She just glanced at him and if eyes could kill, Woohyun would be dead already.

”I thought you’d make this less boring but I was wrong.”

Amber glanced at Woohyun again. ”That’s odd, you seem to be having so much fun while making fun of me.”

”You’re right, you did make this enjoyable,” Woohyun grinned. ”Come with me!”

Woohyun grabbed Amber’s wrist and pulled her with him to tour the house.

 

---

 

The house was large. There were rooms for so many people there. Unfortunately most parts of the house were not accessible for guests.

”Where do they need this many rooms?” Amber asked while admiring the ornaments on the ceiling.

”I guess it’s just to show off they have money,” Woohyun answered and was about to pull Amber into another room but stopped.

”Weird… you could enter last year…” he mumbled.

“What’s so great about that room?” Amber questioned. “Where are you going?! We can’t go in there!”

“If were caught, you’re aunt’s going to kill us. She didn’t look like a nice person, no offense,” Amber muttered after they had entered the forbidden room.

If were caught, who said we would.” Woohyun smirked. “No one’s going to come in here anyway.”

 

Amber stared doubting at Woohyun for a while before being amazed by the room. It was filled with magnificent work of arts and priceless jewelries. She glanced everything carefully before moving on to the next one. The jewelries she stared with wide open. They looked way too expensive for anyone with their different sized diamonds and unbelievably beautiful designs.

Woohyun followed her with a smile on his face. He was happy he made Amber amazed, rather than bored like she had been the last hour and half.

 

“I didn’t know your family was this rich! Why aren’t you and your mom living this nicely?”

“When my mom said she was going to marry my dad, she was kicked out. The man didn’t fit into the criteria. Ever since, my mom had nothing to do with her family’s money. Even after my dad left,” Woohyun explained.

“Aa…” Amber mumbled. “It feels like I don’t know much about you or your family even after all these years of being friends…”

 

Just then, small noises approaching the room were heard from the hallway. Amber stopped completely – breathing too. Woohyun in the other hand reacted quickly: he grabbed Amber’s wrist, and hid both of them in the nearest closet.

 

Amber was now standing back against Woohyun whilst he was holding her on place by her arm with his left hand and his right hand covered . Woohyun himself stood back against the wall.

 

Amber’s heart was beating unusually fast. Was it because of shock or caused by Woohyun’s actions? Maybe. There was another reason too but Amber decided to ignore it.

 

Someone was about to open the door and Amber closed her eyes.

This has happened before…

She remembered the incident some time ago at Woohyun’s house…

 

The door was left unopened as someone called the person who was opening it.

 

They waited a while before thinking it was safe and Woohyun let go of Amber and they walked out.

“Maybe we should return,” Amber suggested, already at the door. She didn’t look at Woohyun at all.

 

After making sure no one was in the hallway, they made their way towards the original party place.

 

“Where have you been?” some lady asked when meeting with the two.

“Touring around the house,” Woohyun answered calmly while Amber was still organizing her thoughts.

“Your mom’s been looking for you,” the lady said to Woohyun and left.

 

“Ahh!” Amber exclaimed as she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Woohyun turned to look at her – ready to safe her from whatever it was that scared her – and saw his mom.

“It’s time to leave.” Woohyun’s mom smiled and Amber sighed in relief as Woohyun laughed a bit.

 

Her reaction was so cute… Woohyun almost grinned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has it been over a month already?! Why does time go so fast... Still, I'm so sorry I've been such a lazy author!

I've just been writing another fic (that I hope I'll finish soon and can publish) and also making a roombox (miniature thing), so I didn't even realize I hadn't been updating this in such a long time (again)...

Here's this little chapter I tried translating last night. I hope you liked it! ^^

(in next chapter we'll get some action, a bit tragic one)