7

Saranghae

‘’Please?! You know my mom drags me there every year and I don’t want to be alone,’’ Woohyun begged Amber, looking at her with puppy eyes.

Amber tried turning her head away so she couldn’t see Woohyun’s glimmering eyes. She even tried covering her eyes with her hands but Woohyun pulled them away. Woohyun knew if he stared at her like that long enough, Amber would say yes.

‘’No!’’ Amber exclaimed and got up to walk away.

Woohyun followed her to stare her with the same cute expression as earlier. He tilted his head a bit to the side and kept staring.

‘’Please,’’ he whined wiggling his shoulders and pouting.

‘’Fine!’’ she finally agreed.

‘’Yay!’’ Woohyun jumped up and down clapping his hands. ‘’I knew you’d say yes,’’ he grinned and hugged her, still overly excited.

‘’Hope you’re happy,’’ Amber mumbled grumpily.

‘’I’m very happy! Now I don’t have to suffer alone,’’ Woohyun said and had grabbed Amber’s hands and was now swaying them up and down. 

 

When he was about to leave the room he remembered, ‘’Oh, yeah! Remember to dress neatly!’’

‘’Yeah, yeah, I know!’’ Amber yelled and threw a pillow at Woohyun.

‘’Missed!’’ Woohyun laughed playfully, collected the pillow from the ground and threw it back at Amber who sat on her bed. Then he grinned widely one last time – to piss her off even more – and left.

 

‘’Uhh-ahh-hh… Why did I have to say yes… I’m so going to regret this… Oh, wait! I already am…’’ she complained to herself and collapsed to lie down and hid her face into the pillow.

----

 

Every year Woohyun’s aunt threw a so-called party for all her relatives. And despite Woohyun’s struggling, his mother dragged her son there every year. The reason for Woohyun to oppose going there so much is obvious if you’ve ever been there. The party was very formal and any kind of bad behavior was strictly forbidden. It was extremely boring, too. Adults were gossiping together and kids who were brought along talked with each other. That was the entertainment. You’d think in 21st century teens would be using their phones rather than talk to half strangers, but that was not the case. Using phones was also prohibited since it wasn’t good manners. You also needed to dress up neatly and that was the biggest reason for Amber to decline. She wasn’t the type of person who dressed up prettily and girly.

 

----

 

Woohyun walked in circles and kept checking the time and glancing towards the door. When the doorbell finally rang, he literally ran to open it.

‘’Oh my… WOW!’’ he was amazed by the person standing in front of him when he opened the door.

Amber stood there looking grumpy while the boy in front of her couldn’t say a word – it seemed like his brain had just frozen. Since Woohyun didn’t seem to have anything going in his head, Amber pushed him aside and walked inside.

‘’Ah yeah… come in,’’ Woohyun realized but was still amazed.

 

What amazed Woohyun so much about Amber was obviously how she looked; a dress that showed and flaunted Amber’s hourglass figure, heels making her legs look even longer and skinnier, and long brown and wavy hair made her face stand out and showing her beauty at its best. The usually tomboyish Amber had changed into this goddess who Woohyun couldn’t take his eyes off from. Only thing that ruined the moment was Amber’s grumpy face.

 

‘’You look really pretty!’’ Woohyun blurted out. ‘’You should show your body more often.’’

‘’Oddly, that sounded really… rude? Intruding? Umm… wrong?’’ Amber said.

‘’Uhh…sorry! I didn’t even realize what I said…’’ Woohyun mumbled, embarrassed.

 

‘’Wow, Amber! You look great!’’ Woohyun’s mom complimented when she came down the stairs.

‘’Thank you.’’

‘’Wow… when I said it you said I was rude,’’ Woohyun acted hurt and pouted.

‘’It was for what you said after that, you idiot,’’ Amber said and slightly hit Woohyun with her handbag.

‘’Ow…’’ Woohyun mumbled and pouted cutely again.

‘’Come on, already!’’ Amber grabbed Woohyun’s wrist and dragged him out of the house.

 

For some weird reason, Woohyun’s heart started thudding in his chest when Amber grabbed his hand.

 

---

 

‘’Could you look somewhere else, please. You’re making me uncomfortable,’’ Amber said when they were sitting in the in the car and Woohyun kept staring at her.

‘’Then why did you dress up so prettily,’’ Woohyun teased.

‘’Because you told me to.’’

‘’I didn’t know you’d be so pretty,’’ Woohyun said. This time sincerely, not joking.

Amber didn’t know how to react so she hit Woohyun on the head with her handbag.

‘’Ow!’’ Woohyun whined. ‘’Stop messing my hair!’’ he pouted.

‘’I’m going to mess it even more if you keep staring at me,’’ Amber said and acted as if she was going to grab Woohyun’s hair. Woohyun quickly dodged and ended up hitting his head against the window. Amber laughed at him.

‘’Hey! Don’t laugh! You’re so mean. Liking it when I get hurt...’’ he pouted again.

‘’Yeah, I do,’’ Amber answered sarcastically. ‘’But I like it more when you pout so cutely.''

 

Woohyun turned to look outside of the window after what Amber said. He felt that strange feeling again. She likes it when I’m cute? He grinned by himself.

 

---

 

When they finally arrived and the car stopped, Woohyun talked again.

‘’Smile a little. You look better when you do that,’’ he said to Amber who was getting out of the car.

Amber faked a smile to Woohyun. ‘’Satisfied?’’ And she was grumpy again.

‘’You’re going to get wrinkles if you’re grumpy all the time.’’

‘’Good. Then you won’t be staring at me all the time.’’

‘’You hate me that much?’’

‘’Yes.’’

‘’You’re being so mean to me today,’’ Woohyun said and acted hurt - once again.

‘’Good,’’ Amber answered grumpily and was going to hit Woohyun again but he was fast to dodge.

‘’Missed!’’ he teased.

‘’That was the plan.’’

‘’Yeah, right,’’ he grinned and put his arm around Amber’s shoulders. She took it off right away, though.

 

When they reached the door and it opened, Amber’s grumpy face was long gone and changed into a bright smile. She lightly bowed to the elder at the door and when Woohyun was too amazed by her fast mood change – and didn’t bow by himself – she pushed him down from the back to bow slightly, too.

 

Woohyun’s mother kept smiling all the way as she had been observing the two teens. Oh, the teen love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An update after a loooooong time!

Sorry, I've been too busy (and lazy, too) with school. But since I didn't have internet connection for about three days, I had time and intrest to write a bit. So here's a little chapter for you guys~ :)

Let's hope that now when summer vacation starts in under a week, I'll have more time and desire to write again.