6

Saranghae

The whole weekend was wasted by Amber figuring out everything that happened on Friday night and trying to get contact with Woohyun.

 

Woohyun didn’t answer his phone when Amber tried calling, didn’t answer text messages, neither did he open the door when Amber knocked on it.

 

Tomorrow he’ll come to school for sure.

---

It was quickly Monday and time for the first lesson - history. Lesson went on the same way as Friday’s;  teacher talked about history, some students slept, others wished to get out already, and near the end of the lesson their teacher nagged them about how lazy they were - the same old.

 

When the bell signaled the lesson to end, Amber thought, thank god, finally!

Amber packed her books in her backpack in a hurry to be able to catch Woohyun before he leaves the classroom. Just when she was done and catching Woohyun, history teacher stopped her and Woohyun slipped away.

‘’I have something to say,’’ he said.

Amber glanced at the direction where Woohyun just went.  She sighed. ‘’What is it?’’

‘’You are selected to hold a speech in today’s school festival.’’

‘’What? Shouldn’t you have told me this a little earlier? I don’t have a speech ready nor can I make it so quickly.’’

‘’The speech is ready here.’’ He handed a paper to Amber. ‘’Learn it before the festival.’’

‘’I’m sorry, I don’t have time to learn it this quick,’’ Amber answered, shoved the paper back to the teacher and disappeared.

Why did he choose me, there are lot of others who’d do better than I would. Probably just wants to pester me some more. Because of him I lost Woohyun too…

 

She saw her friends standing outside the class. ‘’Have you seen Woohyun?’’ she asked them. They just shook their heads.

She looked for Woohyun the whole recess but couldn’t find him. To next lesson he appeared though, out of nowhere.

--

Where the hell did he go again?  Amber wondered after the lesson ended.  No matter how she kept her eyes on Woohyun and packed her books as quickly as possible, she still lost the boy.

--

School day neared its end and it was time for the festival. When going to the hall, Amber saw Woohyun and hurried to him.

‘’Where’d you go every recess?’’

‘’Practice. Didn’t you remember I have a dance number in the festival?’’

‘’Oh yeah… I forgot…’’ Amber cursed her stupidity in her head.  And I thought you were avoiding me…

--

When it was time to watch Woohyun’s dance, everyone looked at him with mouth opened, amazed. He was good at dancing so no wonder they did. Woohyun was the best at dancing from the whole school and his movements were so graceful and coordinated it surprised everyone.

--

When the festival ended people were crowding around Woohyun. He didn’t particularly like it when people did that and bombarding him with questions.  He still smiled and answered as best as he could.

 

Amber sat a little further away from Woohyun, waiting for him to be free. Ricky sat next to her.

‘’Whatcha looking at?’’ he asked and followed Amber’s gaze.

Amber turned her head towards the person.

‘’We’re going to hold a surprise party for Woohyun this Friday. You in?’’ Ricky asked. He looked like he had hard time staying in place – as usual. He was as active as little kids are. It was tiring, but at the same time cute and refreshing.

‘’Woohyun isn’t a friend of surprises and you know it,’’ Amber said. She had completely forgotten it was Woohyun’s birthday this Friday. She has been so forgetful for the past days, even forgetting her best friend’s birthday.

‘’That’s why we’re going to do it. He can’t be suspicious because he knows we know he hates surprises,’’ Ricky smiled, eyes glimmering.

How is he always so positive and energetic? ‘’What have you planned to do?’’

‘’Come to my place today,’’ Ricky started. ‘’Preferably without Woohyun,’’ he laughed. ‘’And let’s plan it.’’

Amber nodded as an answer and Ricky disappeared as fast as he had come. Woohyun appeared right then and asked, ‘’What did Ricky have to say?’’

‘’Nothing in particular.’’ Amber smiled. ‘’Now we can leave. Come!’’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I'm really really really really really sorry I haven't been updating in such a long time! And now that I finally update it's such a crappy, short and boring chapter...

I've just been somehow so tired and uniterested to write this. :/ And since there's less than two months school left, I need to focuse extra hard to it and try to leave a good impression to teachers before they give my final grades. ;D

So I'm most probably going to be on a small hiatus again for the next month and a half...