6/10

When You Wish Upon A Star...

Jongup remembers the first angel who fell. Angels are blessed with a perfect memory (something the Father didn’t bestow upon his favored subjects) so he remembers the way the feathers drop one by one. And then he remembers the wings disappearing altogether. Perhaps he expected horror to cross the angel’s face, but try as he might, the only emotion crossing the Fallen’s face was content. And perhaps relief. Jongup’s unaccustomed to emotions and feelings so he’s not quite sure.

 

Falling means giving up his wings. Falling means giving up immortality. Falling means giving up heaven. But Falling also means Himchan. Falling means being human. Bbang’s so human. Jongup leans back against the trunk of the tree. There isn’t really a point since Himchan’s found his soulmate though. His eyes close.

 

“You’ve been thinking of Falling.”

 

“I have,” Jongup responds, not bothering to open his eyes.

 

“I’m remo--”

 

“There’s no need. My human found his soulmate.”

 

There’s a pause from the other creature in the room. “Another male.”

 

Jongup hums in affirmative. “You think we should let the humans know that no one cares about uality or their gentalia?”

 

“I think it’s a test of tolerance for them,” drawls the other.

 

“Well, they’re failing.”

 

“They’re failing a number of tests.”

 

“Well, perhaps Father shouldn’t have--”

 

“Don’t.”

 

“Maybe Lucifer had the right idea.”

 

“Oh, that makes sense. That’s why Lucifer was kicked out.”

 

“So others wouldn’t start questioning to.”

 

“You’re treading on dangerous territory. If Raphael heard--”

 

“I’d get kicked out too? Raphael is good at that.”

 

“How far are you?” The other asks, hoping to change the subject.

 

Jongup chuckles. “Close. Once he spends some more time with this soulmate of his, everything will be fulfilled.”


 

“Jonguppie~” Is his only real alert that he’s left heaven and is back on Earth. That and the warmth of Himchan’s body draped over his.

 

“We’ve got to stop meeting like this, hyung,” Jongup murmurs, amused.

 

The blood rises to the other’s cheeks and the same babump babump feeling from before threatens to jump through his chest. Jongup has that effect. Fixing himself, Himchan places the bright smile back on his face. “I’m moving into the dorms with Bbang next week!” Jongup nods, a small smile painted across his face. Jongup zones out for a little while as Himchan excitedly blabbers on. “You have to meet him!”

 

Jongup nods. “Tell me when, hyung.”

 

“H-how about tomorrow? You have to dress nicely though, okay? Like, Bbang expects me to have friends that dress as well as me.”

 

“What’s wrong with this?” Jongup asks, gesturing to his his jeans and tee shirt.

 

“No no no. Jonguppie, you’re meeting Bbang. I’ll help you pick out something!” Himchan is nervous and his hands are shaking with excitement at Jongup meeting Yongguk.

 

“Calm down, hyung. What’s so special about this guy?”

 

“Oh my gosh, Jonguppie. Everything,” gushes Himchan, flopping down against the grass. “I a lot, but he’s such a good guy. He does all this volunteer work at the orphanage near the dorm. He has a twin brother, but that guys isn’t as hot to be honest, but he is part of a rock band. He also has a sister. And get this, she’s a tattoo artist! And Bbang’s been in the underground music scene. He’s just really-- wow, Jonguppie. I’ve done traditional music all my life, but he’s just... wow.”

 

Jongup chuckles and lays beside him. “He sounds really great.”

 

“You guys would get along.”

 

“Oh?” Jongup stares at the sky. He knows he’s being watched now.

 

Himchan turns to his side to face the brunet. “Yeah. Both you guys compliment me all the time.”

 

Jongup laughs. “Everything is true though, hyung.”

 

Himchans snorts, turning back to his original position. “He makes me feel better about myself, Jonguppie,” he says quietly. “I haven’t felt good about myself in awhile and now when I look in the mirror, I don’t feel hate it. I kind of-- I kind of like it.”

 

Jongup closes his eyes, the tears leaked out and dripping down the side, messy and annoying and reaching his ear. There’s a little chill that goes through his body and he knows it’s done. There’s just one more thing to do. Sitting up, Jongup leans over Himchan, so close their noses are touching.

 

“Jonguppie?” Himchan asks, worry mounting in his voice. Jongup resists the urge to laugh as fingers brush his tears away. “Jongup, what’s wrong?”

 

Jongup places the flat of his palm against the other’s forehead. “Bye, hyung.”

 

“Jongup--” There’s a white flash and Himchan’s eyes close.

 

“You did it.”

 

“Yeah.” Jongup rolls his shoulders to lessen the stress.

 

“And cleaned his memory.”

 

“Yeah.” Jongup turns, stretching out his wings. A few feathers drop and the archangel places a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Perhaps you should go higher1 and rest for awhile.”

 

“It’s fine,” Jongup assures the other, trying desperately to assure himself.

 

“Your wings.”

 

“I’m fine. I’m an angel of God and I was created and manufactured to survive. One human is not changing that.”

 

“You sound like Raphael,” it informs him.

 

“Wonderful. Then maybe my wings will be fine.”

 

“Agent--”

 

“Just drop it,” whispers Jongup, flying to the next heavenly sphere.



 

“He is breaking, Gabriel,” comments another angel.

 

“I can see that, Raphael. Thank you.”


“Fix it.”

 



1: I think some religions have many different levels of heaven, much like the circles in hell. As such, there are seven heavenly spheres, relating to the seven virtues. Which is what i"m talking about here. I think. Religious people correct me if I'm wrong. Oh, wow apparently, no sleep means I ramble like crazy. Okay. sorry.

On a sidenote, as someone who doesn't believe in the afterlife and spirituality and stuff, this is very hard to write. I am literally writing angels as Supernatural has taught me. I don't know what this means. It may mean that Gabriel is awesome bc SPN Gabriel was awesome. Or that Raphael will continue to be a bc SPN Raphael was a . Do you see the problem here? Angels, man. Maybe I'll have Cas do a cameo. IDEK. I haven't had sleep in three days and i have way too much going on, but I really wanted to update this. Please let me know how it's going! Or if i need to change something or whatever. Feedback is forever loved. Or if you know something about angels that SPN didn't tell me. Like are any of the angels not s? Bc even Cas was a . Only Gabriel wasn't a tbh. I'm rambling. Please comment!