epilogue

When You Wish Upon A Star...

I think this ties up loose ends-ish



Jongup hears a call from Heaven only a month after he Falls.

 

When he opens his eyes, he’s nose to nose Gabriel. Yelping, the young man jumps away. “, Gabriel!”

 

“You fell,” accuses Gabriel, eyes narrowed.

 

“Yeah,” Jongup answers, hand over his chest, breathing heavily. “But you already knew that was going to happen.”

 

Gabriel sighs. “It’s not set in stone. We just know the angels that have the probability of falling.”

 

“Fine,” answers Jongup angrily. “Why are you here?”

 

Gabriel’s eyes soften. “Himchan’s wish is still being tracked.”

 

Jongup’s eyes widen. “Who’s his--”

 

“It’s still you.” Gabriel paces in front of Jongup. “He’s a continuous case, see. Years of humiliation and self loathing and I don’t even think the human knows what it means to love himself.”

 

Jongup sighs. “I know. I know. I’m working on it.”

 

“So this is why perhaps your Fall is for the best,” adds Gabriel.

 

Jongup blinks. Once. Twice. “What?”

 

“The human--”

 

“Himchan,” provides Jongup.

 

Himchan needs continuous support. From you.”

 

The first time Himchan slips a little is when a fan mentions he’s gained some weight. It takes him six months to convince Himchan that he’s perfect and doesn’t need to lose weight, but damage is done and Himchan’s already starved himself of at least ten pounds.

 

There’s another time a fan says something about his intelligence and Jongup wants to scream. They’re in the rain and Himchan looks so miserable that all Jongup wants to do is drive away the sadness. He’s not even sure when his lips touch the elder’s, but it feels right and Jongup is sure he doesn’t want to leave.

 

It’s on and off for awhile, but Jongup thinks it’s all okay until he checks the the fancafe about their new song Hurricane. Himchan had been on earlier and abruptly left. Jongup doesn’t scroll too far until he sees the problem. Himchan comes back at night, curling up next to him in bed.

 

“We rerecorded my part. I’m so stupid, Jonguppie.”

 

“No, you’re not, hyung.”

 

“My English is horrible and--” Jongup turns so he can easily press his lips to Himchan’s.

 

“You’re perfect.” And Jongup is really please that no one’s in the dorm because that gives him all night to convince Himchan of his perfection.

 

He doesn’t receive a call from Heaven for awhile. He can’t even hear the angels talking anymore, so maybe they just don’t care. But after years of being human, Jongup’s virtually forgotten about his angel past.

 

He supposes that’s the trigger.

 

Raphael is the angel he’s face to face this time. “You were a good agent,” it remarks. Jongup is silent until Raphael continues. “We can allows you b-”

 

“Himchan,” Jongup reminds the archangel and Raphael pauses.

 

“Humans die. Now you’re human. Humans feel pain, emotional and physical.”

 

“I love him.”

 

“Humans are fickle.”

 

“Not Himchan.”

 

“Humans are rash and will hurt you.”

 

“Not Himchan.”

 

They’re snuggled outside when Himchan tells him.

 

“I used to make wishes on the stars all the time about wanting to love myself.”

 

“And?”


Himchan is silent. “I guess I was lucky because I found something more.” Himchan turns so his lips press against Jongup’s cheek. “I found someone to love.” When Jongup is silent, Himchan wants to run away, but Jongup holds him closer.

"I'm glad, hyung," he confesses. "I love you too."

There's a really soft smile that paints itself across Himchan's face and Jongup can't stop smiling either, but he has to because Himchan leans closer for a kiss and Jongup is smiling so wide he can't even properly kiss the other. When they finally manage, Jongup pulls away with the same smile and he knows he made he right choice to Fall into Himchan's arms.