Having to Know that I Love You...

Compilation of Exo U, The First Class: (The Things that Lead Me to You) Baekhyun x Chanyeol

 

“What happened?!” Chanyeol asks as soon as he heard the explosion.

“This is bad!” Yixing replies. “Somebody barges in and threw the dynamite towards the kitchen!”

 

The culprits then reveal themselves to everyone. All the guys protectively hug each child within their reach. It seems that a couple of marauders invaded the house.

 

“What do you want from us?!” the old lady asks.

One of them snickers.

“We’re here to take on the sacred Buddha that was in your land, lady!” the other answered rashly.

One of the child who was clinging on to Kris shouts at them.

“You’ll never take Buddha out of his home!”

 

The taller of the two grabs the child by the neck and threatens him with a gun.

 

“Don’t you ever talk back to your elders, boy!” he roars. “Haven’t your parents told you? Oh right! You don’t have any parents!” he mocks.

 

The little boy can’t help it but to cry. The man puts him down and Kris bents down to carry him in his arms.

 

“What a low guy, picking on a young boy,” Tao whispers.

 

The marauders heard him and look at him with a piercing glare.

 

“What can you do, boy?!” the other mocks. “You’re all trash! So if you wanted to live your useless lives, give us the sacred Buddha! Now!” he demanded.

 

As soon as they said that, screams and wails can be heard from inside the house. A few children had been trapped in their rooms while the kitchen was set on fire.

 

“Hey! Let those kids out!” Baekhyun yells at the two.

“You can’t instruct us what to do!” one laughs.

 

The other children cry loudly at the fate of their friends. Baekhyun and the others try to calm them down as the wailing continues. Tao tried to break open the door to save the other kids inside the house.

 

“Everyone!” Xiumin hollers as he goes inside the burning house with Tao. “Take them out! Hurry!”

 

Everybody tried to save the children that are trapped in their rooms. Baekhyun tries his best to calm them down, but his eyes caught sight of the looters taking advantage of the situation to go towards the Buddha.

 

Once again, Baekhyun was presented two choices. It’s up to him whether he’ll try to stoop them or not. He knew that he had no power to stop them, or even defend himself but, he choose to run after them in hope to make a change.

 

As he ran after them, Chanyeol caught sight of him. He purses his lips as he had a hint on what Baekhyun will do. Chanyeol leaves the scene to the others since he had faith in his friends that they can save the children. He goes after Baekhyun inside the forest.

 


 

The marauders finally arrived at the heart of the forest, where the Golden Buddha sits cross-legged under the sunshine.

“Finally,” one of them sighs. “We will be rich with this treasure in our hands!”

“Right,” the other agrees.” We just need to hoist this up and carry it down to the Black Market!”

 

As the two marauders proceeds to lift the Golden Buddha out of its place, a little boy bravely jumps out from the bushes and grabs tightly on one of them.

 

“Let him go!” he protests.

 

The marauder shakes the young boy off of him until it fell to the ground with a thud. The other then pulled out his gun.

 

“What a naughty child!” He shouts before firing the gun.

 

The young boy closes his eyes in fright as he thought that Death would come and take him away. But to his surprise, he was shoved away by an unknown force and he felt someone hugging him as he roll down the soft forest ground. When he opens his eyes, he saw a member of the young men that brought Happiness to them earlier; hugging him protectively and bleeding.

 

“H-Hyung!” he hollers in a quivering voice.

“A-Are you o-okay, boy..?” Baekhyun asks the young lad.

The boy cries loudly as he sits up.

“Hyung! You’re… You’re bleeding!!!” he cries.

 

Chanyeol runs into the place as soon as Baekhyun was shot. As the sound of the trigger reaches his ear; Chanyeol freezes in his place as he saw every inch of Baekhyun’s heroic deeds. But at the same time, he was also angered to the marauders who did that to Baekhyun. In a burst of emotions, Chanyeol miraculously lets out flames from his hands which he uses to scare away the two evildoers. His flames forms into a majestic phoenix and his eyes sparkles like the eternal flame would. The marauders scram away; leaving the Golden Buddha in its original position. They fell to a cliff as they run in fright.

 

“Foolish humans~” Grell commented as he dives down to the cliff to collect their souls. “You don’t need treasures in the next world~!”

 


 

'I... I love you, Park Chanyeol... Even if... I didn't get the chance to say that to you... I really... really love you....' Baekhyun says to himself as he clings on a spider's thread for his life.

 

 

 

You had the chance, Baekhyun.... You just didn't choose to grab the opportunity...

A voice keeps echoing inside Baekhyun's head as his life was being pulled away from him.