Interlude: A Foresight

Compilation of Exo U, The First Class: (The Things that Lead Me to You) Baekhyun x Chanyeol

A few days later at EXO U…

William T. Spears had been scanning the same text in his notes for the last three hours. Ronald Knox came by and saw his senior getting serious about that text.

“Sir William,” Ronald called. “You’ve been skimming that text for a long time. What is it anyways?” he asks.

“This is an invitation from a local orphanage,” William replies. “They want us to perform a short program for the children.”

“Well, isn’t that a great idea?” Ronald retorts as he sits in front of his desk. “It’s been a long time since EXO U’s been out for something like that.”

“Yeah,” William sighs and hands him a file. “Look at that,”

Ronald reluctantly opens the file and was shocked at what he saw. The file contains the name of the children in the orphanage with the time and place of their deaths. In short, it was a death list.

“S-Sir… This is…” Ronald stutters.

“That’s why I’m thinking about it; whether to hold a short program for them or not,” William replies.

“Why not give them a little happiness before dying, hm~?” Grell says as soon as he enters the faculty.

All eyes look at William. William frowns and stands up.

“This is not a choice that I had to decide alone. We need to ask every student to determine whether we will accept their invitations.” He declares.

“Aww come on, Will~!” Grell whines as he slings an arm to the latter’s shoulder. “Surely every human will agree because children are such a trend to them!”

William’s eyes twitch because of the red head’s statement. He adjusted his glasses and shakes Grell away from him.

“Fine,” he says. “But where in the world do we gather such performers?” he asks.

Just as soon as William asks the question, Alan Humphries enters the room. He heard the question and replies.

“Why don’t you take those twelve boys again, Sir?” he suggests.

“That’s right! That’s right!” Grell agrees. “Those boys have brought our University to fame~!” he added.

“What do you think, Ronald?” William asks the blonde.

“I think they would easily comply,” Ronald answers with a nod. “But in exchange, I have to let them off with another contract!”

Alan blinks before yelling.

“Is that why there aren’t any theses on my desk last Monday?!” he angrily asks.

Ronald grins.

“Well, isn’t that a relief~” Grell commented. “I’m sick of reading theses all day after school hours before going out reaping for souls~”

“They wouldn’t even know that we aren’t reading them,” Ronald said with a snicker.

“Anyhow, we need them to do a small program for the children at the orphanage next Thursday.” William says and heads to the door. “Grab your death lists because there’ll be a massacre on that very day.”

“Massacre is too much for a word, Sir William,” Alan commented as he counts the number of paper on his clipboard. “This is merely plunder; with a few victims including the culprits.” He added and hands the clipboard to Ronald.

Grell looks at the people on his death list. His yellow-green eyes caught something interesting. He pats Ronald’s shoulder which made the latter look at him.

“Isn’t this young lad is...?” he asks the blonde.

“Oh yeah, you’re right.” Ronald replies. “Why was he on the list?”

Grell scans the paper.

“It says here that he’ll be killed by a gunshot when he tries to defend a child,” Grell answers.

“Poor guy,” Ronald sighs as he picks his lawnmower from the floor. “He was one of the best students in EXO U,”

The professors all left the faculty for their afternoon classes that time. It wasn’t unusual for them to discuss these matters, given that they are Grim Reapers assigned to keep the University in order; probably because of the reports of the lost souls lingering around the premises. Grell Sutcliff; professor of the Fine Arts Department guards the left wing of the University, while William T. Spears of the Literature Department guards the right wing. Alan Humphries has the front building on his watch while Ronald has the rear. They’ve started here five years ago and this year; they will witness the unexpected.


 

Omo!!! o.o Who was it?!