>>> FOUR

Secret Cupid

 

 

"Dara~ Son nyeo.. Dara!!" Her grandmother grabbed the pillow and hit her hard. She stood up and scratched her head. Dara yawned and did some stretching.

 

 

"Aigoo~ Hurry up! You'll be late for school! Ppalli ppalli!" Her grandmother slapped her and Dara immediately took her towel.

 

 

"Waah! Eoddeokhe?" As she saw the time, Dara hurried inside the bathroom and performed her daily routine. She was messed up. Running in several directions, grabbing her stuffs and placing everything inside her bag.

 

 

"Halmeoni~~ I'll be going now!" Dara ran as fast as she could, although she never joined any sports activities where in fact, she is always the water girl in every event. But now, as if that the school gate is the finish line, she never stop running. She didn't take the bus because she will probably wait for at least 15 minutes, heavy traffic may prevent her to arrive so soon in her school and she will be late if that will happen.

 

 

 

 

Just in time, with her messy hair and a bit of tiny sweat from her forehead, Dara arrived in her classroom and the bell rang at the same time. She went and took her seat. Her energy was really drained and she didn't even have enough time to sleep, thanks to Cupid who chatted her for hours last night. Well, it is somehow worth it because finally, Dara has a friend! Though, she didn't know the real person but who cares, having a friend is great.

 

 

 

Her classmates are busy with their own world while waiting for their first class. Ten minutes had passed and yet, their history teacher is nowhere to be found.

 

 

"I guess five minutes of sleep is enough." She murmured to herself and plump down on her desk. She grabbed the opportunity and took some rest.

 

 

But that rest seems quite long enough. She didn't notice the time and she continued to doze off in class. After her promise about having a 5-minute rest, her teacher arrived and apologized for being late. The class went on and they discussed the new lesson.

 

 

 

 

"It was said that the World War 2 was the deadliest conflict ever made in the human history. During that time, a lot of countries were affected by it......" Mrs. Byun, the vigilant history teacher paused for a moment, someone might caught her attention that's why she stopped in the midst of discussion. 

 

 

"......and two students were also affected. Everyone! Look, how they sleep in my class!" Students were confused to what she said, so she spread her arms and pointed the two politely.

 

 

The whole class is waiting if these students will notice something. Perhaps, it didn't affect them and everyone laughed.

 

 

"Park Dara-ssi Park Chanyeol-ssi! GET OUT!" And finally, Dara was so surprised that she sat back immediately and almost fell out from her seat, her teacher went near Chanyeol since he was still sleeping peacefully. Mrs. Byun dragged his ear for him to be awake.

 

 

"AAHH!! Noona, it hurts!" Chanyeol said and Mrs. Byun let go of his yoda-like ear.

 

 

"The two of you, get out of my class!" Dara sighed, she stood up, bowed to the teacher and went out of the room. Mrs. Byun eyed Chanyeol who is still sitting, he scratched his head and stood up from his seat too.

 

 

"Noona~ I want to go out too!" Baekhyun interrupted. His teacher massages her forehead in annoyance to him.

 

 

"Stop accompanying your best friend, you might end up marrying him someday!" Mrs. Byun said and the class in unison and Baekhyun rode the trip. He acted out like a girl and clinged on Chanyeol's arm.

 

 

"Oppa~~" Mrs. Byun grabbed her history book and hit Baekhyun on the top of his head making him detach himself away from Chanyeol, he sat back and yelled.

 

 

"Yah! that's hurts!" And he pouted.

 

 

"Byun Baekhyun! Although I'm your brother's wife, I will not be considerate to you, understood? I will not tolerate your disrespectful attitude in my class! And call me, Mrs. Byun! We're not in the house for you to call me noona!" Mrs. Byun boiled up and gestured Chanyeol to get out of the room. The class went on silent while their teacher went out to punish the two students.

 

 

"Pssh... it's like I'm calling my wife with that." Baekhyun muttered to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Now, Dara-ssi, Chanyeol-ssi, listen carefully. Spread your arms in shoulder level!" The two did what their teacher commanded. Mrs. Byun borrowed four books and placed each book to their hands. "And lift your one foot, balance the books in your palms until before the class ends. This could make you be awake in my class next time, arasseo?" Then Mrs. Byun closed the door and continued the discussion.

 

 

 

To make it up from her mistakes, Dara followed her teacher obediently. Although she can only balance it within 5 seconds, she did her best to balance the books with her foot elevated from the ground. The corridor is so quiet that it bothers Chanyeol, so he broke the silence by talking to Dara.


 

 

"Aigoo, you look so cute while balancing yourself!" Chanyeol teased Dara.

 

 

"Shut up, just do the punishment." She said with her unstable posture.

 

 

"Why would I? She doesn't even sees us, you can just wiggle your body like this and it will look a lot like you are balancing yourself when viewed inside." Chanyeol defended himself. He tries to make Dara smile with his silly motion.

 

 

"You look so stupid." Dara whispered to herself and ignored him but she smiled secretly because of Chanyeol's idiot method.

 


"Yah! Why are you smiling?" It seems that his technique works to Dara, it made Chanyeol smile too, seeing her beam secretly.

 

 

"I said you look stupid!" Dara repeated it while controlling her laughter.

 

 

"What stupid? Oh, you mean this." And Chanyeol did wiggle himself again and Dara bursted out laughing. With Dara's high pitched laugh that filled the hallway, for sure their teacher heard it inside, and of course, She went out to check the two students.

 

 

"Do it properly! Or you will continue this the whole day!" Mrs. Byun said.

 

 

"Ne~" They replied in chorus.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence conquered the hallway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara-ssi, it's my first time to hear you laugh." Chanyeol said honestly and Dara just rolled her eyes. But in some thoughts, Dara finds it comfortable at this moment. She felt elated and carried away by the unexplained feeling and opened herself up to someone.

 

 

"To be honest, it's my first time to laugh again way back a million years ago." Chanyeol was stunned by her sudden confession. He didn't expect that Dara will express her side to him.

 

 

"Wow, you must be so old right now." He attempts to joke around, trying to avoid that solitary atmosphere with her because he feels how lonely Dara is.

 

 

"That's an idiomatic expression, dumb ." Dara said and giggled a bit.

 

 

"Oh~ Mianhae halmeoni~" And they both laughed. 

 

 

 

He felt guilty for chatting Dara last night and they both ended up having lack of sleep. Chanyeol was relieved that he made Dara smile in some time. 

 

 

 

 

 

Could this punishment be the start of their friendship?

 

 

-