>>> ONE

Secret Cupid

 

 

One sunny day. A perfect time to relax, have lunch with friends, study at the library with friends or you can just take pictures with friends.

 

Yes, with friends.

 

But this girl, who chooses to be alone rather than to mingle with the other people. Park Dara, an introvert type of person who would pick books instead of making friends.

 

I mean, teenagers should play around, have some fun together with their friends but in her case, it seems that she doesn't trust anyone besides her textbooks.

 

Dara is sitting alone at their classroom waiting for the lunch break to be over. After waiting for several minutes, she didn't notice that she went onto her dreamland while her physics book served as her pillow. With her earphones plugged in her ears and a random music is playing on her phone. She didn't mind her phone being displayed at her table because she believe that no one would care to steal it, no one would even dare to go near her.

 

She looks perfectly fine with her short yet curly hair and a tied bun at the top, big glasses to aid her sight and a face that all make up artist would want to meddle in.

 

Guess what, she's at the top of the class! Intelligent, indeed. Her height is not that tall and not that short, just exact as it should be for a girl's height.


Beauty, uhh.. check? Brain, yes of course, check! Talents? Hmm.. for a bashful girl like her, no one knows about her talents except for her physical attributes, she doesn't participate in school events but focuses more on her academics. If you ask someone, maybe nobody knows about her nor her existence. Even her classmates would not dare to drop a talk with her, except with one.

 

 

---

 

 

"Yeol-ah, what will you order?" Baekhyun asked.

 

Everyone is busy at the cafeteria, ordering their food, eating their lunch and finishing their homework for the next class. On the other hand, Chanyeol, chooses his order posted up at the menu while groping for his wallet in his pocket.

 

"Yah, what are you doing?" irritably asked by Baekhyun who is waiting for Chanyeol's answer.

 

"Ah sh*t, I think I lost my wallet." Chanyeol finally spoke up.

 

"Eh? Maybe you forgot to get it inside your bag! Go get it!" Baekhyun said.

 

"But I'm too lazy, can you just treat me for once?" Chanyeol used his helpless yet cute technique that girls would swoon over but not to Baekhyun.

 

"Sorry but I borrowed his money first! Mianhae hyung~ I left my wallet too!" Sehun, the childish one, stuck out his tongue and teases his friend, Chanyeol. He happily munched his sandwich that he bought using Baekhyun's money.

 

"Aish! Arasseo, I'll just get my wallet. I'll be back!" Chanyeol bid before leaving his friends who's currently looking for an empty spot.

 

"Get lost! We will not wait for you!" Kai jokingly said and Chanyeol just laughed it off.

 

 

 

He immediately ran back to the classroom not letting the time be wasted. As he pauses at the door, gasping for air, Chanyeol saw a girl at the back, sleeping. Who could that be? Of course, the one and only shy girl, Dara.

 

He walked silently to his seat where in fact, beside Dara's chair. He looked for his wallet and placed it inside his pocket. For a second thought, Chanyeol got curious about her.

 

Why is she here? Why is she not eating her lunch? And above all, why is she always alone? He sat above his table and watched the sleeping nerdy. Chanyeol, with his random thought, he is really curious about Dara ever since they became seatmates but they never talked to each other, ever.

 

Everyone knows about Chanyeol who is a happy-go-lucky boy and part of a school band. He is known for his talent in playing different types of musical instruments especially the guitar and quite popular because of his looks and charms. He is extremely a frustrated dancer and the prank master.

 

All girls would easily fall for his one wink but except for this innocent girl who is being stared at right now.

 

Chanyeol carefully removed her eyeglasses that it might break if she leant on hard while sleeping. He is mentally praising Dara's hardwork, having an advance study during lunch breaks but as of now, she is drowsing on her table. This praising eventually turned into admiring her looks.

 

Her cheeks is as pinkish as a flower petal, her hair is curly but not that messy, her cute nose that wrinkles everytime when her hair reaches it. Dara is cute, as he thought to himself. Then, he noticed her phone above the table.

 

Chanyeol went near to her phone and opened it. The music player is currently on and he got curious to what Dara is listening to. He scanned the playlist and he observed the songs in it.

 

"She is into acoustic songs, nice." He said to himself. As a sudden thought crossed his mind, he immediately punched his number in Dara's phone and saved it, then, Chanyeol used Dara's phone and called his own number to know hers. Good thing that his phone is in silent mode and after that, he went out of the room with a playful smile on his face.

 

 

---

 

 

"Please open your book on page 143, so as you can see..." Ms. Lee, an old physics teacher, discusses about Newton's third law of motion which is the law of interaction.

 

It seems that half of the class are dozing off at their seats, but Dara never let her sleepy head fall on its own. She fights back the urge by pinching her plump cheeks to at least be awake on class. She doesn't notice that a creepy eyes are watching her cute little act.

 

Smiling on the other side, it is somewhat a miracle for a lazy kid to be awake on physics class. Chanyeol normally sleeps in this unlikable boring class, but now, he finds something that would not cause him to slumber.

 

 

---

 

 

"Okay class! For now, I'll be writing down your problem sets to be submitted next week!" Mr. Kim hurriedly wrote the math problems on the board. Some of the students diligently copied it while the others might just depend on their classmate's answers.

 

"So, I'll dismiss you early. Goodbye class!" He said and packed his stuffs.

 

"But why are you dismissing us so early? You usually let us have an overtime for this class." A random question was blurted out by one of the students.

 

"Uhh.. as we all know, tomorrow is Valentine's day and I'm preparing a date for my girlfriend." Mr. Kim shyly rubbed his nape while defending himself.

 

The students teased their teacher in unison, because Mr. Kim opened up the topic. Students gossiped about what to give to their love ones for tomorrow, but Dara doesn't care about it so she placed her notebook inside her bag and walked out of the room.

 

Others continued their conversation on the hallway and Dara can hear some of them talking about their boyfriends, confessing to their crush, giving chocolates or flowers and whatsoever.

 

Valentine's Day is a special occasion for the lovers or couples but for her, it is just an ordinary day to study her lessons and be on class. Some are preparing events such as a date to celebrate their love for one another. Dara never experienced one, but she usually celebrate it with of course, her books.

 

 

 

"Tomorrow is another day." she said and waited for a bus to stop. When a bus stopped, she went on and sat next to the window. Dara laid her eyes outside, seeing a lot of red roses, chocolate pop sticks, heart-shaped balloons, the city is busy for tomorrow, she thought.

 

Since she never celebrated Valentine's day with someone, she sometimes felt envious with happy couples together around the place. But what could she expect, with her simply nerdy look, will someone fall for her? Her dumb mind set thinking that boys will always fall for pretty, y girls and definitely would not be an ugly girl like her.

 

 

"What if someone will fall for me?" She ambitiously said to herself as she watches those girls at the street, buying chocolates on a store.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, I forgot-- 

 

 

 

 

I'm ugly..." She said and sighed in despair.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Mianhae if chapter one is a bit boring~ lol