The Past and Sadly, the Present (Part 2)

Dating

 

 

 

 

 

Knowing that you don't have any work to do for the day, is one of the best feeling out there in the world. I sighed in relief as I lay down comfortably on the couch. My eyes met the ceiling as I spent the afternoon listening to some ballad songs that my computer played. Ballad songs, wanting to make me cry as all of the songs talked about love.

 

As I looked at the ceiling, I saw the posters of SNSD that I once placed long time ago. My eyes wandered on them for a couple of minutes as I smiled bitterly when the poster of them in their Intel advertisement caught my eyes.

 

How can I forget that time? It was the first time I personally saw SNSD.

 

It was the year of 2011, almost three years ago. It was the year when I graduated college as I remembered going around like a fool, hunting for a job as soon as I received my diploma. I searched for a job like a mad dog as I was so eager to have a job. A job in South Korea, to be specific.

 

Luckily, I was accepted by Intel to be one of their programmers. I was grinning like a crazy fool when they told me that I got accepted. It made me more crazy as they notified me that they will send me to South Korea. I jumped in joy on the offer as I remembered putting the 'Can speak Korean' in one of my skills on my resume. All the time that I watched K-dramas, K-movies, and K-variety shows and all the time that I listened to K-pop was all worth it as I learned how to read and then speak Korean through those said activities. I didn't have to think twice as I accepted their offer as soon as they asked me.

 

I can still remember how sad my family was when the day of my departure on my home country arrived. But for me, it was the exact opposite as I was jumping in joy inside my heart. I can't wait to say  "Touchdown South Korea!"

 

I can't wait to hear Koreans talking in their language as I pass through the sidewalk. I can't wait to feel the seasons in South Korea.  I can't wait to go to Hongdae, Busan, Gangnam, Jeju, etc. I can't wait to eat their dishes as I was drooling all of the time since I stepped on the airplane. Those were just a few of my 'to-do' list.

 

But what came next to me made the crazy life I have, crazier. It was around the month of May as I just turned nineteen years old eight months ago. I was still a rookie in the company as my first week of the job passed by too fast.

 

I still remember it clearly. Nine o'clock in the morning, one of my sunbae told me to accompany him on the meeting. Little did I know that on that meeting, I will get to meet the nine girls that I fell in love with.

 

"Hana, deul, set... Annyeonghaseyo! Sonyeoshidae imnida!" There I saw nine members of SNSD giving their greetings as they arrived at the conference room.

 

I was still in the state of shock as I stood there like a fool while my jaw dropped down to the floor.

 

"Yah, sit down." My sunbae nuged me as I realized that I was the only one who was standing.

 

I quickly apologized as I felt embarrassed on what I did. Cursing myself inside, I still can't believe that SNSD is just in front of me as they sat beside each other. I saw them getting ready for the meeting as they scanned some paperwork on the long table in front of them. It was a meeting consisting of around twenty people including the nine members of SNSD and their managers.

 

I heard one of the superior of the company where I work stating that the meeting was about their next plans on how will SNSD continue to promote the company and its product. I gasped as I completely forgot that SNSD is the endorser of Intel Asia. Oh, what a fool I am.

 

As the meeting continued with each sides voicing out their opinions, I just sat there, frozen. Of course, I am going to be stoned as I was, like I said earlier, facing the whole SNSD. Facing, oh my gosh. I still can't believe it.

 

My eyes was glued to them. I saw a beautiful tanned girl, Yuri beside Yoona. Then beside the beautiful deer, there is Hyoyeon. Jessica followed suit as it was continued by Seohyun and Sunny. Then there's Sooyoung as she sat beside Tiffany.

 

Wait... who?!

 

Oh my gosh... I spazzed all over my thoughts as my eyes can't seem to leave Tiffany. She was listening attentively to the speaker at the front as the perfect side view of her face killed me. I gulped on the sight, Oh my gosh... That's all I can say inside my mind, wondering if I am in heaven.

 

I didn't realize that I was staring at her for too long as I didn't pay any attention to the speaker. Then, something caught the corner of my eyes. Someone was glaring at me.

 

It was Taeyeon, sitting beside Tiffany, glaring at me like she was going to cook me up for her dinner.

 

I gulped on the sight as I quickly removed my stare at Tiffany, acting like I wasn't staring at her as I turned my attention to the speaker. Oh, crap... I cursed myself mentally, asking myself what if Taeyeon mistook me for a ert.

 

Again, oh crap...

 

Wait... I grinned inside my brain, wondering if Taeyeon was getting jealous. I grinned again at my thought as I tried to look at her again to check if she was still glaring at me. I tried my best not to be caught by her but I failed. She was still glaring at me as our eyes met.

 

Oh, crap... She's really jealous, isn't she? I smiled as I looked away. Oh my, my taeny feels.

 

The meeting soon ended just like other meetings. With cold sweats, I tried to avoid any contact with Taeyeon. Man, her stares throughout the meeting were really something. But what the hell, seeing Tiffany up close is a moment that happens once in a lifetime. I stared at her once again as I saw her and her sisters going out of the meeting room.

 

I sighed as her back vanished slowly on my sight. I continued to sigh as I am one of the employees that was left inside the meeting room to gather the documents that were left. Ugh, I hate being a rookie.

 

With a mixture of feelings, I soon arrived at my studio apartment as my work for the day was finished. I slept with a grin on my face as I can't believe that I met Tiffany and the other SNSD members earlier. Well, a  disappointment on myself also slept with me as I regretted not talking to Tiffany earlier. Ugh, as if I do have the courage to do so.

 

The following day was more crazier. I was just sent outside to deliver some package. A package? I'm not a delivery guy though.

 

Still new and confused on the commute system of the busy road of Seoul, I got late for exactly twenty nine minutes on the said time that my sunbae told me to arrive. I checked my phone as I saw the time, nine twenty nine in the morning. Yep, I am really late by twenty nine minutes.

 

I wandered on the place my sunbae told me to go. It was a condominium, as I am now standing in front of the door of one the many units there. Security allowed me to go inside the building as they got a confirmation for an expected guess on the unit that I was going into.

 

I rang the doorbell on the door as I held the package that I was supposed to deliver. It was a small pink pouch, big enough for a smartphone to be inside it. I stared at it as I remembered how Tiffany likes the color pink.

 

Then all of a sudden, the door opened.

 

"Annyeonghaeseyo..." I heard someone greeting me as the door swung open, revealing Tiffany.

 

I gulped, Tiffany?

 

"Perhaps, are you from Intel?" She asked as I stood frozen on my spot.

 

"Uh... uh..." I started to stutter, trying to regain myself, "Y-y-yes... ma'am..." I replied as I almost forgot to end it with a 'yo' for formalities.

 

Tiffany smiled in response. Oh crap, I'm in heaven again.

 

I didn't know but I somehow ended up sitting on a couch inside Tiffany's condominium. I sat there, frozen, as I wait for her since she told me that she is going to bring some refreshments. My eyes are in awe as I scanned the interior of the unit. It was obviously, covered in different shades of pink.

 

I stopped on my actions as I soon saw her walking near me. She was holding a tray that has two glasses of a red colored juice.

 

"Have some strawberry juice." Tiffany said as she placed the tray on the small table in front of the couch.

 

"Y-yes... Thank you..." Once again, I was stuttering.

 

Tiffany just smiled at me as she sat on the couch beside me. Beside me, there she was, making me go red as my face blushed. I didn't know what to do as I nervously drank the strawberry juice carefully, not wanting to create a mess on her house.

 

"Uhm... the pouch?" Tiffany asked as she pointed on the pink pouch that I brought.

 

"O-oh..." I quickly handed her the pouch.

 

"Thanks~" Tiffany smiled in response as I felt that I was in heaven again.

 

"I left it yesterday at the meeting. And our managers are busy that's why no one can go and get it." She explained, "Thanks for bringing it here." She thanked me once again.

 

"Th-that was nothing..." I smiled a bit as I didn't want to reply with a poker face.

 

Tiffany smiled at me again as I finished what I said. Our eyes met. My heart wanted to explode that time. I fell in love with her. I fell in love, hard.

 

A moment later, someone suddenly entered at the door. It was Taeyeon, at that time, my heart was really going to explode.

 

"Yah! You have a call! You have a call! A call!~" I heard Tiffany's voice as she used aegyo.

 

Wait... what the?

 

Oh, I have a call.

 

Wait what's happening? I shifted my body on the couch as I felt my left leg cramped.

 

"Ah... I was dreaming." I mumbled as I sat on the couch.

 

"Wow, I'm even dreaming of my past now?" I mumbled again as my phone kept on ringing.

 

I saw the wall clock ticking at eight o'clock. I saw my window, illuminating the ray of the sun. Then I just realized, It was eight in the morning. I fell asleep yesterday as I was reminiscing my past. My past with SNSD and Tiffany.

 

"Wow, just how tired am I that I fell asleep..." I mumbled as I shook my head, my phone was still ringing, "And how can I have a dream about my past?" I continued to mumbled, asking myself, "I really miss her..."

 

"Yah! You have a call! You have a call! A call!~"

 

Right, my phone. I reached for it and then I saw the name of the caller on the screen.

 

"My Mushroom" The phone screen displayed the caller.

 

What? Tiffany's calling me? For what?

 

I didn't bother to answer my questions as I quickly answered the call.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

First, once again, thanks for the new subscription, comments, and upvotes.

I appreciate all of them.

And uh, you might be confused on the part where I stated that the character is only 19 years old when he had his first job.

I just based it on my country.  Graduating college at the age of 19 is possible in our country. XD

So yeah, the main character is obviously younger than most of the SNSD members except for Seohyun.

They are at the same age.

So there you go... The next chapter will be the part three.

1/7/14