The Past and Sadly, the Present (Part 1)

Dating

 

 

 

 

 

I grunted as I shifted my body on the bed. I heard my alarm turning on, it was the song titled 'Beep Beep' by none other than SNSD.  Then, I heard the voice of my lover as she said the first line. My ex-lover, to be exact. My eyes are still closed as I heard her voice.

 

"Hello? Damn... pick up the phone, ya? Hello?~ Oh... meo-ri app-eo~"

 

I grunted again as I continued to listen to the song. With my heavy eyelids, I kept my eyes closed. I hummed through the song happily even though last night was the night that I wanted to forget. The night when Tiffany broke up with me.

 

I suddenly craved for a cold water. No, any liquid will do. As long as it's cold. I was really craving for it since I drowned myself last night with hard alcoholic drinks. Thinking about it, it wasn't just my throat that feels weird. My stomach was also feeling weird at the moment, I guess I'm a bit hungry.

 

I finally opened my eyes. It hurts, as I suddenly felt more sleepy. I glanced at my wall clock, It was around nine in the morning. I sat on the bed as the song was nearing its chorus part.

 

"Hello hello, moshi moshi, ciao ciao, busy busy~" I sang along as I can't deny that I'm a fanboy of SNSD.

 

"Beep beep beep beep~" I continued to sing as I get out of my bed.

 

Then, I turned the alarm off on my phone as I walked my way to the kitchen. It wasn't too far on my bed since I was just living in a studio apartment. As I walked near the refrigerator, I heard a continuous beeping sound.

 

"Didn't I turned off my alarm?" I mumbled as I checked my phone on the pocket.

 

After confirming that it was already turned off, I wondered where that beeping sound came from. I look around as I tried to search for the sound.

 

"Ah... crap..." I shook my head as I saw the refrigerator opened. The sound came from the refrigerator as it continued to send a beeping sound, indicating that it wasn't closed properly.

 

I sighed on my stupidity as I reached a tumbler inside the refrigerator. I then walked to my computer table near my bed. I shook the mouse, allowing the monitor to lit up. It wasn't turned off as I left it open yesterday since I was downloading some stuffs, which is ninety percent are concerning with SNSD. I sat on the most comfortable chair in my life as I saw the twenty five gigabytes of my queue downloads already finished.

 

I suddenly wanted to cry as I saw my wallpaper on my desktop. It was no other that Tiffany, smiling beautifully with her lips and her eyes. Breaking up with her was the last thing that I didn't want to happen.

 

But what can I do? It just happened last night.

 

"Damn those paparazzi..." I cursed as I needed to blame someone on my break-up with Tiffany, "If they didn't just reported Yoona and Sooyoung dating someone..."

 

"I would have been greeted by Tiffany when I woke up, saying a good morning just like what she used to do..."

 

"Crap... I suddenly miss her... I miss her already..." I mumbled, trying to ease my teary eyes.

 

I sighed as I wanted to turn my attention into other stuff. I opened the tumbler that I brought earlier, showing me that it contains orange juice. I drank on it as It replenished my dry throat.

 

As I finished rehydrating myself, I opened an internet browser. I then browsed on the news page on the website that that was set as my homepage. I kept on scrolling down, scanning the news for the day as I suddenly stopped when my eyes caught a familiar name on the news page. It was a news of Tiffany and Yuri arriving at the Incheon airport as they were set to shoot a pictorial in Milan.

 

I sighed as I somehow felt relieved. I thought it was a news regarding Tiffany's personal relationship, which is of course, concerned about me.

 

I continue to browse the article as it showed me a picture of Tiffany and Yuri. I admit, Yuri is beautiful, way more than those pictures. Seeing her in pictures won't justify how beautiful she is. But no matter how beautiful she is, my eyes was set only to the one I love, Tiffany. Don't get me wrong since I love every member of SNSD but, my love for Tiffany is way above.

 

I sighed again as I stared at her picture. Of course, she's not wearing our couple ring. The reason? Because the reporters might assume that she's on a relationship. Oh, cross that out already. She just broke up with me last night.

 

I stared once again at her picture, reminiscing our past.

 

I recalled the first time I saw her.

 

I was eighteen years old that time, year of 2010, almost four years ago. I first saw her on the Run Devil Run music video that my classmate showed me. Almost instantly, I fell in love with her. Her medium length black hair, dark eyeliner that outlined her beautiful eyes, and the way she looked at the camera. I can't forget that moment, the way she swayed her hands and the way she sings. With my jaw widely opened, I instantly asked my classmate the name of the beautiful girl with a husky voice when the video ended.

 

"Tiffany." He answered me.

 

"Tiffany?" I smiled as her name suited her well, "Replay!!!" I commanded as I grabbed his laptop and obviously, I the replay button at that time.

 

Since then, my mind was filled with the girl named Tiffany. When our class that day ended, I quickly went back to my apartment as I of course, watched their run devil run music video again. Even though my classmates were bugging me to come and join them to play some strategy online games, I insisted that I can't join them, lying that I have to meet someone.

 

It wasn't really a lie as I met Tiffany. I met her on the internet, to be exact. I still remember researching everything about her that time. Knowing what's her favorite food, color, number, etc. I fell in love with her more as I watched the different music videos that they have that time. Gee, Hoot, Into the new world, to name a few.

 

I still remember that I slept around two in the morning that time, even though I had a class at exactly seven in the morning. To make it worse, we were going to have a long quiz, which I obviously forgot. Well, to make it more worse, the following day was crazy since I just sat on my computer, researching again about Tiffany and SNSD. Watching their music videos as if I won't live tomorrow was also the thing that I did most that day. Aside from those, I also discovered some english subbed shows where SNSD appeared. It was 'Hello Baby' that made me more hooked on Tiffany and SNSD. Watching that show, my affection to them started to get deeper. I was getting more attached to them.

 

As I continue to reminiscence the past, I was suddenly interrupted when I heard my phone ringing. I smiled as I heard my ringing tone. It was a recording of Tiffany stating that I have an incoming call. I continued to smile as I remembered her saying it was a gift since I threw a surprise birthday party for her last year.

 

"Yah! You have a call! You have a call! A call!~" My ringtone reminded me cutely as I reached onto it.

 

As I looked at the screen, I saw the caller's name.

 

"Kim Taengoo" The phone showed, making me to smile. I still can't believe that I personally know all of the SNSD members. I laughed on my silliness as I recalled the moment when I met all of them for the first time.

 

It was totally embarrassing as I remembered that I had my jaw dropped that time as I saw them a meter away from me. I shook my head as I still can't forget that moment.

 

Oops, Taeyeon might be mad. I should pause on recalling the past as I needed to answer her call.

 

Then, I swiped my phone, allowing me to answer the call.

 

"Noona?" I said on the phone.

 

"Yah!" Taeyeon yelled, "What took you so long to answer your phone?"

 

"Mianh, noona~" I laughed a bit.

 

I heard her sigh on response as I knew the reason why she called, "Hey..." She started off, "Are you okay?"

 

"About what?" I played innocent as I answered her with an question.

 

"I heard from Tiffany..." Taeyeon answered, "That you two broke up..."

 

I sighed as I heard her stating the sad truth, "Yeah... I'm fine..." I lied.

 

"Are you sure?" Taeyeon asked again.

 

I wasn't able to answer as I heard her talking once again. Maybe she knows already that I am not.

 

"Have you seen my recent post in instagram?" She asked.

 

"What post?" I asked as I wondered what post was she referring to.

 

"Check it out." Taeyeon commanded, "It's dedicated for our fans, for the SONES, But It's also dedicated for you."

 

"Oh... I'll check it out then." I obliged on her request.

 

"Fighting!" I heard her cheering me up, "Everything will be alright..."

 

I smiled as I she cheered me up, "Thanks, noona..."

 

"No problem. I'll see you later then." Taeyeon said.

 

"Ne..." I answered as the call ended.

 

I smiled as I felt thankful for Taeyeon. Since the first time I spent time with her, she acted like an older sister to me. Just like how she cared for her younger members. Then I browsed my phone as I accessed on to my instagram app. I saw what Taeyeon was referring to. It was a three clip of videos that played a song that stated that everything's going to be alright.

 

I was touched, really. Not just as Tiffany's ex-boyfriend but as a SONE too. I read the comments as I saw almost everyone thanking Taeyeon for the song that comforted them. Taeyeon was really the best leader ever. I smiled as I also left a comment.

 

"Thanks noona~" I commented as I didn't forgot to put a heart sign and of course, tagged Taeyeon.

 

After a couple of minutes, I received a text message. It was from Taeyeon.

 

"I read your comment. Kekeke. You're feeling better now? I will create a YouTube account later and I'll upload my cover of the song. That will make you feel better, right?"

 

I read the message as I was smiling all the time.

 

"Really? You're going to do that for me?" I texted back with an smiley.

 

"I told you, it's not just for you but for all of the SONES out there. Keke." She replied.

 

"I know, noona. I was just kidding around. I'll anticipate it then!" I sent another message.

 

"Yah! Be sure to subscribe on my YouTube account, understand?" Taeyeon's reply read as it has an grinning emoticon at the end.

 

"Yes, ma'am!" I texted back, not forgetting to put a saluting emoticon and a smiling one.

 

I smiled as I read our conversation. Taeyeon really knows how to cheer people up as I almost forgot that I just broke up with Tiffany last night.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

First, thanks for all of the comments, upvotes and the subscription! XD

The next chapter will be the next part of the explanation of the past.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it!

1/5/14