A Night to Remember

Dating

 

 

 

 

 

I gulped intensely, putting my hands on my lap. I was sitting on the couch, as if I'm going to be scolded by my mom. I felt someone sitting beside me. It was none other than Michelle, Tiffany's older sister. I look at her awkwardly considering what happened earlier. Right, Tiffany doesn't know yet. And if she does, I don't know if she will find it cute or  not. I guess it might be the latter.

 

Michelle is giving me a smile, just like Tiffany's. Those eye smiles must run in their family. Those smiles that are one of a kind.

 

I took a quick glance at the kitchen to see Tiffany preparing for the dinner. "Noonim," I mutter under my breath.

 

"Yep?" Michelle asks, she might have heard me.

 

"Earlier..." I pause to think for the right words. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier..."

 

She chuckles in response, "No worries." Then, she pinches my cheek as she grinned, "You're so cute. And, I won't tell Tiff, I promise." She reassures me as she gave me a wink.

 

 

 

That night was wonderful. I get to spend it with Tiffany and Michelle. Laughter filled the entire room, alongside of some light alcoholic drinks. I get to know Tiffany more, thanks to Michelle. How was she when she was nine, her hair when she was ten, and some stories which made her blush and shy. That time, that night, it felt like family. I was so happy, thinking that this is going to be forever. Happy that everything is like this. It was January 25, 2014. One of the happiest night in my life.

 

 

 

"I'll buy more drinks," I said as I stood up from the floor. Noticing the empty cans of beer, I decided to buy more. And of course, to give Tiffany and Michelle some time alone so they can talk whatever they want without me being a hindrance.

 

"Be careful," Tiffany beams a smile at me.

 

"Yeah," I smiled back before turning my back against the two sisters.

 

As I walked to the convenient store, I was thinking on how going here in South Korea changed my life. It was like a scene in some typical Korean drama, me walking alone in the middle of the night. I got my hands on the pocket of my hoodie as the cars that passes on my side illuminated the dark road.

 

It got me thinking, if this is going to be forever. Is this going to last? Is the question on my head as I continue to walk. I wonder, if this is going to last. This happiness. It got me wondering, because it felt like a fairy tale. Everything felt like real. And at the same time, unreal.

 

I stop on my track suddenly. I take my phone on my pocket and starts to play with it. I'm not really checking if there are any messages or whatever. The real reason why I stopped and faked playing with my phone is because I felt someone was following me.

 

I was right.

 

This silver car on my left stopped as soon as I stopped. Even though I had a drink, I can still think properly. I am a professional when it comes to drinking. I don't get drunk easily. Suddenly, it made me remember a certain event where Tiffany and I had a duel to see who will be the one to get knocked out of alcohol first.

 

I lost. I lost to her. No, not really. I faked on getting drunk and getting knocked out. She was so happy that time, yelling that she won as I faked a sleep. As she smirked at me, she soon fell asleep. I laughed on her silliness as I made my way beside her. I lifted her head slowly and made her rest in my arm. I remember looking at her face for hours. I then soon fell asleep and woke up with the both of us, cuddling.

 

I smile as I stopped recalling. I should get serious now, knowing that the silver car hasn't moved yet. I decided to continue on walking. The silver car also moved slowly. And this time, more careful.

 

This is it. I assumed the worst scenario. I assumed that the silver car is being driven by some paparazzi. It suddenly got me worried if Tiffany and I got photographed by them. I cursed myself mentally after recalling that I left through the main entrance. I was too careless. It totally slipped my mind that SNSD's dating news is still a hot topic considering that two members were already caught.

 

I decided that I cannot just leave it like this. I cannot harm Tiffany and the whole SNSD. I played cool, acting like I didn't noticed the silver car. But I have to make my move soon. After a few steps I stop once again, and made my move.

 

I walk to the silver car and knock on the its window on the passenger side, gesturing that one of the tire is flat. I don't know if it is going to work, but what the hell. I don't really know what's going to happen next. I'm not even sure if the people inside are paparazzi since the tint of the car is way too dark.

 

To my surprise, the window opens.

 

I see two men inside the car, wearing a poker face. I also see the evidence that can prove my assumption. Two cameras can be seen on the dashboard. Now, I just have to steal those camera.

 

"You have a flat tire," I said as I pointed a finger on one of the car's tire.

 

"Oh is that so?" The man seated on the passenger side asks.

 

I nod.

 

He then opened the car's door to go out. As soon as he stood on the ground, I quickly shoved him.

 

The next thing I know, I was running real hard. I was running with two cameras on my hand. I was running like it was for my life. But I wasn't running fast enough. The silver car easily caught up. As I run, I can hear the driver yelling on me. Telling me to stop.

 

I didn't care. I kept on running. I kept on looking for help as I run. But it was already pretty late, making the sidewalk empty. I can't even ask for help. If I did, what's the purpose of this? If I did ask for help, my relationship with Tiffany might get revealed.

 

Soon, I'm already running out of breath. I only ran for like a minute but I'm sweating like crazy. My vision is blurred, all I want to do is to run away from the silver car. Then I heard a honk, way different and louder compared to the silver car's honk.

 

With my attention and eyes focused on the silver car in my left, the loud honk continued.

 

I didn't know that the worst scenario was about to happen.

 

I felt a heavy force on my right, sending me up on air. Pain crawled up my body as I landed on the ground. All I can feel is pain as my body got numbed. I can't think straight. My eyes got heavy all of a sudden. Birght lights soon blinded my eyes. Various events from the past flashbacked on my mind. My family, back in my country. My family, here in South Korea. The first time I met SNSD. First time I talked to Tiffany. Her smile, her laugh, her soft hands, the scent of her hair, the warmth of her hug, everything about her suddenly flashed on my mind. On my heart.

 

I see random lights. It was coming from a large vehicle. Soon, I realized I was hit by a truck. As the realization kicks in, I blank out.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I really appreciate all of the subs, comments, and upvotes!

Thank you, guys!

And yeah, sorry for the late update. Very very late update. This is a short update. I promise that I'll do better on the next one. Haha

I really had a hard time deciding on what will I do on this chapter and on the next one.

As all of you know, this fic is kinda realistic in a way where real life events are included.

So, yeah, Tiffany's dating news kinda affected on how the story goes.

And about the next chapter... it might be the last one.

I have already written the first half of it. As of now, I still don't know how it will end.

Next chapter will be uploaded next week, hopefully.

4/27/14