Episode:8, Night School

Teen Wolf: Legends (A Teen Wolf Fanfiction)

Episode: 8, Night School

Previously on Teen Wolf: Legends After her show of faith, Seraphina is constantly after Scott to accept her help to find the Alpha. Scott confides in Derek who in turn tells him that he doesn't trust her. Scott is also very distracted and both Seraphina and Derek call Allison the cause of his distraction.
Allison is furious at being banned from meeting, seeing or contacting Scott without any apparent reason, while her aunt, Kate, Chris and Victoria have a huge row during which Kate tells Chris that she and Seraphina strongly believed that it was time Allison should know the truth especially as she was coming to age and would soon be becoming a hunter, to which Chris replies that he does to plan to make Allison a hunter. However his reply is not heard by Kate.
Kate tries to tell Allison her family's true history by telling her to search for La Bête du Gévaudan.
Seraphina finally concers Scott and tells him that if he desires a future with Allison, he must accept her help and tell her everything Derek tells him about the beta. Only then will Seraphina convince the other hunters that Scott's a good werewolf. The thought of Allison makes Scott relent but Seraphina later reveals that she spoke a 'white lie'

There were times when Derek Hale grew sick of the trees, sick of the burnt house he lived in, sick of living in stale, old memories. So on moonless nights such as these, he often slipped in to the town in human form to take a drink and stroll around a bit.

The once famous pub, 'Drinkin Pub' was out of business due to 'Oll Nit's Club' that had opened recently, drawing in teenagers with its bustling atmosphere and bright, fluorescent lights. These days, only older people with fond memories of the past flocked to 'Drinkin Pub'; the absence of the younger crowd made it rather quiet and idle. But Derek liked the silence so he strolled in his favourite alley, while unbeknownst to him, Leveque, a close associate of Derek's, had caught a glimpse of him and was now tailing him to make sure.

Such were his stealth skills, that a werewolf like Derek, with sharp senses, didn't notice Leveque at all.

Immersed in the deep pool of his thoughts, Hale strode on the path which was lit by nothing but one street lamp, while Leveque kept a distance that was enough not to get noticed yet close enough to keep an eye on Derek.

Derek drew near a black bike, next to with lay a black duffel bag. Just as Derek took a step forward, and Leveque took out his cell phone to call one of his associates, a figure suddenly dropped in front of Derek as if she had fallen from the sky. She grasped his shoulders to stop his momentum and leaned in.

Leveque stopped dead in his tracks. Even at such a distance, there was no mistaking the tall and muscular frame or the long dark braid, or the glinting silver nose ring. Leveque's tense muscles relaxed and he turned and walked back. If Seraphina Argent was with him, then there was no possible way it could be Derek Hale.

Seraphina leaned close to Derek's ear, and Derek caught a strong waft of a strange assortment of gun powder ,blood though Derek had never actually tasted them, green chillies, coming from her.

'Don't look back' she whispered and her breath tickled his ear, her grip turning painfully strong 'There's a hunter tailing you.'

Despite Seraphina's warning, Derek's immediate instinct was to turn around, and he nearly did so but Seraphina, releasing Derek's right shoulder, clamped a hand on the side of his head to stop him turning. All of a sudden, Derek Hale realized that Seraphina wasn't standing on her toes. She didn't need to; she was exactly the same height as him.

After a moment, she released him and he thought it was safe to look behind. Derek could just make out the back of a man he knew to be Leveque.

Derek felt a small pang of guilt in the pit of his stomach. He was trying to teach Scott how to sharpen his senses, and yet there he was unable to detect a hunter tailing him.

'If I didn't know any better,' she said 'then I'd have thought you were distracted... but Leveque has always been good with stealth.' She moved away from his ear but kept close to him nonetheless.

'I know what you're thinking, Derek Hale.' she whispered softly 'but I'm not Kate. I don't pretend to be an ally and then back stab' she spat the word as if the mere thought of it made her blood turn to ice.

She moved back, leaving Derek speechless. As she fumbled with her bike keys, she said 'Well, now that I've made it almost my second nature to save your necks, you might as well take advantage of it.' And she roared off into the night.

...

...

'Oh no.' Said Stiles, horror stuck

''S matter?' Asked Scott groggily, as he lifted his head from his Economics book.

They were sitting in Stiles' house, across from one another, trying to bully their brains to understand the painstakingly dull pages in front of them. It was dusk and the stars were poking their heads out from the thick blanket of darkness. He didn't even know what this Keysian stuff was. Dutch Disease? What did it all mean?

'I can't believe it!' Stiles gasped, suddenly jerking up, sending his books flying.

'Stiles!' said Scott alarmed. 'What's wrong?'

Stiles put both his hands on his face. 'I've left my lucky pen on my desk in History class.' He said thickly from behind his hands.

'Oh' groaned Scott slamming his head back on the book. 'For a second there, I thought it was something important.'

'Scott' said Stiles sliding on to his knees next to Scott 'my dearest buddy, my best friend, my better half-'

'Fine.' Said Scott getting up. 'We'll go get it.'

'No, I don't want to give you any pain.' Said Stiles with an expression of great relief on his face.

'Okay, fine then' said Scott, promptly sitting back

'But' said Stiles quickly grabbing Scott's arm and pulling him up again. 'We really have to go. Right?'

'Do we?' Whined Scott.

'Yeeesssss' said Stiles firmly.

Scott grunted and followed Stiles unwillingly out of the room

...

...

Seraphina was hot, dirty and wet. It was a miracle how a girl could be all three at once.

Her crouching figure wore a black tank top that showed off her well sculpted muscles beautifully. A mixture of the afternoon sun and her sweat made her two silver earrings. One nose ring, and a small silver navel piercing that peeked from underneath her top, gleam.

Hair black hair stuck to her face as she rubbed...and rubbed...rubbed without stopping as her bare knees dug into the grass and wet gravel.

'Hey' came a voice and Seraphina jumped. Cleaning her motorcycle was the only thing that engrossed her so much, that she forgot about pretty much everything.

'Yes?' she said turning and squinting

'You're covered in dirty water, your hands are wrinkled, the cloth you've been using to scrub clean your bike is close to tearing and you've been out here doing that,' she pointed at her bike, 'for nearly two hours. Did you know that?' Allison said matter-of-factly

'What?' said Seraphina with an expression of deep confusion on her face as she looked at her hands, at her dirty and wet clothes, then at the rag in her hand, and finally at her watch and concluded that Allison's observation was one hundred percent correct.

'Okay' said Allison thoughtfully, and Seraphina noticed that she had her purse slung on her shoulder. 'Dad and Aunt Kate have gone out for work. Probably some new arms dealing. Mom and I are going to the supermarket. Mom says I should tell you this and not ask you to come along because you wouldn't want to anyways.' she turned to leave but then stopped and turned 'Oh and she also wants me to tell you to stop using our backyard as your private garage and wash area because she wants to boss everyone's lives around!.'

Seraphina could still hear the bitterness in her voice. Just this morning, Allison and Victoria had had a big argument because the later saw a missed call from a certain Scott McCall.

'Okay,' said Seraphina, nodding her head. 'Get me some chillies' she added, realising too late that Allison was already gone. Seraphina shrugged and turned back to her bike.

...

...

'Why isn't there any security' whispered Stiles, holding his torch aloft.

'No idea' muttered back Scott as both of them proceeded down the dimly lit corridors of the school building. Where the school usually looked welcoming and lively during the day, it looked eerily creepy at night, especially when Stiles had a sudden vision of a monstrous book running after him and Scott, trying to gobble them up.

'Do you smell it?' Asked Scott, sniffing the air.

'Yeah...' said Stiles as he suddenly stopped (forcing Scott to nearly run into him) and took a long breath.

'Yeah...' he said again and a dreamy expression came over his face. 'This is Lydia's locker 'he said gesturing towards a locker that looked no different from the rest. 'I can smell her perfume...'

'Come on' huffed Scott grabbing Stiles' arm and pulling him away. For a moment, Scott had thought he smelt blood, but now he could smell nothing save the sickeningly strong smell of Lydia's lily perfume.

'Hold it.' Said Scott throwing his arm out and stopping Stiles from proceeding. There it was. The faint smell of blood again. Scott took a nervous step towards his right.

' Er...Scott?' Said stiles tentatively. 'The class room is this way' he said, pointing towards his left.

'Shh!' Scott hissed. He was sure it was blood now. Somebody was hurt. And by the smell of it, they had lost a large amount of blood.

'Wassmatter?' Whispered Stiles

'Someone's hurt,' said Scott moving carefully down the left corridor. He sniffed again. 'Badly'

He suddenly broke into a run. Stiles followed him, also running.

Scott's heart was thumping loudly in his chest, way louder than was possible. Surely, he thought to himself, it must be loud enough for even Stiles to hear.

They turned around another corner and raced down.

Finally they reached the old chemistry lab. The one which had been set to fire by a certain Terry Macaline, when he had mixed HCl and Nitric acid and some other chemical that Scott had forgotten.

And there, just lying in the center of the room, with blood spattered all around him, was Mr. Johnson, the school janitor.

Stiles gasped and moved quietly to the body. Scott followed him.

On the janitor's chest were big, deep claw marks.

The door shut behind them just as Scott smelled a familiar scent. He whirled around, but it was too late. The door was blocked by a snarling, growling big back wolf

...

...

Allison was just examining a bright blue top, when her phone gave a loud beep.

Fetching it out of her pocket, she opened the message box to check the new message. She smiled- it was from Scott. It was only 6 words long but she was still excited.

"Meet me at the school ASAP."

'Er...mom!' Chimed Allison in a sing-song voice, tearing her eyes away from the phone and striding towards her mother who was admiring an array of extremely pretty scarves.

'Seraphina just texted.' she said waving around her phone 'she says she needs help with some school report.'

Before Victoria could deny, Allison quickly added' and I have to check if the backyard's alright too. You know, Seraphina might not have cleaned it.'

The thought of grease and dirt coated on her backyard made Victoria agree but reluctance was clear in her voice.

'Alright then.' said Allison 'bring me one of those' and she ran off towards the exit.

...

...

'But why did Scott call you?' asked Lydia.

Lydia, Jackson and Allison sat in Jackson's car. He and Lydia had found Allison trying to hail a taxi and had insisted on giving her a lift.

'I mean why here of all places.' said Lydia.' Your boyfriend's got no sense of romance.'

'Here we are.' Said Jackson pulling infront of the school.

'Thanks guys, I owe you one.' Said Allison gratefully, getting out and scanning around for Scott. 'I'll go from here.'

'I don't see him.' Said Jackson

'Isn't that Stiles's car?' Lydia asked pointed though the wind shield at a battered old jeep.

'Yeah... but it's empty. And there's no one near it either.' Observed Jackson

'He might be inside. Bye guys.' Said Allison and she started walking away.

'Wait. I'll see you to him.' Said Jackson getting out of the car too. 'I don't want anything bad to happen to you.'

'What!?' Said Lydia, outraged. 'And leave me here alone?'

'Well then, come on.' Said Jackson

'Oh no' said Allison 'its alright Jackson. I'll manage. You guys leave.'

'I'm not leaving without seeing you safely. Come let's go.' He grasped

Allison's hand and led her towards the school building.

...

...

The big snarling wolf leaped from the table in front of Scott and Stiles, both of whom looked scared to death.

The wolf snarled again and focused his attention to Scott. His yellow eyes bore into his brown ones.

'Scott...' hissed a voice inside Scott's mind.

Scott grabbed Stiles' hand and backed up against the door, though Scott's frame froze and he couldn't move. The wolf looked in no hurry. It slowly raised another paw and moved forward.

'Kill him...' hissed the voice again. 'Kill your friend...'

This order to murder Stiles jerked Scott to his senses and he unfroze.

He pulled Stiles along behind him and, opening the door, he ran outside. Once they'd escaped, he locked the door behind them. And they ran as fast as they could away from the room with the ravenous beast inside.

...

...

'Where is that idiot?' Jackson asked as they passed their third corridor and approached the old Chemistry lab.

Allison's heart was racing now. It was odd that he was nowhere to be seen... What if Scott was really playing a prank on her?

'What the hell is that?' Said Lydia pointing ahead.

The trio raced towards the old chemistry lab and paused, horror-stuck.

The white door lay hanging clean off its hinges, its corners jagged and broken and with big red paw prints.

Jackson peered in and felt his heart crawl out of his chest.

'Holy ' he croaked. Allison and Lydia followed his gaze. There, lying in a pool of crimson blood ,was Mr. Johnson, with his chest ripped apart and the contents of his stomach spilled out.

'Yuck!' said Lydia

'H-how?' stammered Allison but Jackson cut her off

'There's been a murder here tonight. Scott called you here. I don't think it's a coincidence.' then he turned to Lydia 'Call the police will you?'

Lydia pulled out her phone. 'That's strange.' she said, 'I've got no reception.'

'Let's go find Scott.' said Allison with a look of panic coming over her face. 'He might be in trouble.'

'If he's not the one who created trouble in the first place' muttered Jackson under his breath but followed Allison and Lydia down the corridor anyway.

...

...

...

The sun that had been illuminating the Argent's backyard had now set. The sky was inky black and the stars looked like specs of twinkling grains scattered all over the sky.

Seraphina Argent had returned home from a long run in the woods and was splashing some icy cold water on her face when the door bell rang.' Hello' sang Seraphina as Victoria stumbled inside with her hands full of shopping bags.

'Er..' said Seraphina eyeing the many bags in Victoria's hands. 'Are these for you, or for the whole town?'

Victoria gave her 'the look' and proceeded to dump her stuff in her room.

'Probably for the whole city.' Seraphina muttered under her breath as she closed the door.

'Where's Allison?' came Victoria's voice from her bedroom.

'In my pocket' Seraphina yelled back 'she doesn't want to come out. Says she likes it in here.'

Before Victoria could retort, the bell rang again. Seraphina let out an exasperated sigh and went to open the door again.

Kate and Chris, who unlike Victoria were not distributing clothes in the town so were sans shopping bags, came in, looking tired and drained.

'What a day' sighed Kate as she flopped on the sofa.

'Welcome back.' Said Victoria, emerging from the room and wiping her hands on a white fluffy towel. 'How did the deal go?' she asked, kissing Chris

'Pretty good actually' said Chris, shooting a warning look at Seraphina who pretended to gag behind Victoria's back and at Kate who looked as if she would burst out laughing. 'Where's Allison?' he asked Victoria

'Your friend here' she gestured disdainfully at Seraphina who immediately stopped gagging, 'has her stuffed down her pocket.'

'What?' exclaimed Chris while Kate who could control no longer, burst out laughing

'She was the one who started it.' Seraphina said defensively. Then she turned to Victoria and said 'how on earth was I supposed to know where she is? She went out with you!'

Victoria's expression changed from cross to surprise faster than the speed of a bullet train.

'But she told me you needed help with some school work!' Victoria said

'Why would I ask for her help? I never need anyone's help' said Seraphina, her proud tone dripping from every word.

'But then where is she?' Kate butted in, laughter gone.

'Allison came home. She told me she was going home.' Victoria said pointing accusingly at Seraphina 'She never lies to me.'

'Oh she's an angel is she?' Seraphina said, her temper rising 'straight from heaven, the One Whose Mouth drips nectar-'

'Scott' interjected Kate 'She must be with that wolf.' Then she turned to Chris 'I told you tell her his true nature! I told you!'

'It was Seraphina's job to keep her away from him' said Victoria, trying to defend her husband

'Oh, If you can't take care of a little cry baby-'Seraphina began.

'SHUT IT!" yelled Chris, his paternal instinct taking over. 'Let's try to call her. She might just be at a friend's place. We don't need to think of the worst right now.'

Seraphina took a deep breath and her hand in her pocket. On close inspection, one would notice it was wriggling around in the cavity.

Victoria nodded and rushed to get her phone and the phone diary. But Seraphina didn't like waiting. She knew that Allison was not at any friend's house. With one look at Kate and then at Chris, she ran out of the house, not bothering with her bike, for she knew it would be too slow.

...To Be Continued

Thanks for leaving reviews!