Episode:9, Seraphina and Derek to the Rescue

Teen Wolf: Legends (A Teen Wolf Fanfiction)

Episode: 9. Seraphina and Derek to the rescue

Previously on Teen Wolf: Legends Derek has his first one on one meeting with Seraphina Argent, where she tells him that it has become a second nature of hers to save his and Scott's neck and they might as well take advantage of it. Scott and Stiles are in the latter's house when Stiles realizes that he has left his lucky pen at school in the history class. He convinces Scott and together they go to the school to get it back. Bad luck follows them there as they find the janitor, Mr. Johnson, dead with claw marks on his body. However, the dead janitor was not alone. Accompanying the dead body is none other than the Alpha himself. In wolf form, the Alpha tries to influence Scott's mind and make him kill Scott. Nevertheless, Scott manages to thwart the manipulation and together he and Stiles run for their life. Seraphina Argent is in the Argent House's backyard, cleaning her bike with absolute obsession when Allison comes to inform her that she and her mother were going to the market and that Seraphina was not invited. Her tone makes it clear that she was still upset about the argument she had had with her mother. Once in the market, Allison receives a text form Scott asking her to come to the school ASAP. Allison lies to her mother and tells her that she was going to Seraphina to help her with some school work. She meets with Lydia and Jackson and together they go to school. Jackson is very suspicious of the events and offers to Allison inside where they too find Mr. Johnson's body. When they attempt to contact the police, they find no signal. Victoria then accuses Seraphina of not taking care of Allison when she comes home to find Allison not there. Seraphina angrily retorts that it was Victoria's job to nurse Allison not hers, but still she runs out of the house to search for her.

Seraphina covered several meters in seconds. However, her unnatural speed didn't interrupt her train of thought. Her hand was still inside her pocket, still fidgeting as it held, one by one, every bead of the string of beads she had kept with her since what felt like forever. Each time she touched a new bead, she muttered Shanti...Peace.

When Seraphina was younger, she would often lose control and make impulsive decisions due to her state of panic. To combat her sudden and usually rash decisions, her mentor had insisted on her carrying a string of beads with 108 rudraksh beads in her pocket. Whenever she felt her heartbeat race, she would chant 'shanti' and count the beads until she finally calmed down.

She hadn't had to use the beads in a very long time. But, then again, she hadn't met Victoria in a while after all.

In exactly 1 minute and 16 seconds after leaving the Argents' home, Seraphina Argent adjusted her hair and rang the doorbell of a different house, a fair distance away. She was neither sweating, nor panting.

'Ms. McCall?' she asked the woman who opened the door.

'Yes?' said the pretty brunette, whose true age was not reflected in her youthful face. She hardly looked old enough to be Scott's mother, and yet she was.

'Hi. I'm Seraphina, a friend of Scott's from school. He borrowed some history notes from me...I was wondering if I could have them back?'

'Oh sorry Seraphina,' said Mellissa McCall pleasantly, 'I'm afraid Scott isn't home. He's at Stiles' house. Maybe he left the notes in his room. Why don't you come in? I can check for you.'

'Oh no,' said Seraphina, 'please don't trouble yourself.'

Before Mellissa could protest, Seraphina said 'I'll talk to him in school. Really Ms McCall, it's no problem. Good night.'

'Good night.' Ms. McCall closed the door behind her, but then suddenly opened the door again, as though she had remembered something. 'But Scott doesn't-' she began, but the doorstep was completely deserted. Seraphina was gone. '…Study history' finished Ms. McCall, closing the door with a deep frown on her face.

Her speed made the leaves rustle and the wind whistle in her ear, but she was too quick and preoccupied to even listen to that. The reason behind her worry and concern wasn't any sort of fondness for Allison. No, the reason behind the great pains Seraphina was taking to find Allison was because she knew, if Allison got bitten, she, Seraphina, would either have to kill her or report to the council, who in turn would most likely imprison her – for it was very hard for people turned into werewolves during adulthood to retain their human nature. Indeed she had been really surprised when she found out that Scott had been able to oppose the Alpha's summons. It was a rare occurrence indeed.

So in turn for the great team they had shared in the past, Seraphina was just doing a favour for Chris and Kate, because she also knew that the former would do anything to save his daughter, even if it meant going against the law. She wasn't too sure that Kate would do something like that to save a werewolf niece, since she herself had killed her own ex-fiancé when he got turned.

Seraphina reached Stiles' house. She rang the bell and knocked, or rather hammered her fist on the door so hard that the door rattled on its hinges.

No answer. She tried again, but still there was only silence. Frustrated, she ran around the house and found that Stiles' jeep was missing.

There was only one person left now. Only one person who could lead her to them. She ran past the thick trees and emerged into a clearing which housed a once big and grand but now burnt down manor.

She strode up to the front porch and barged through the doorway, only to emerge into the dusty hallway she had once before visited.

'It's not nice to barge into someone's house like that.' Came a voice from behind her and Seraphina whirled around to see Derek Hale standing in the shadows behind her.

'You call this a house?' she replied with disdain

'I doubt that you've come here to evaluate my house, Argent.'

'You're right, surprisingly enough. I have a question. And I'd rather you answer it quickly.' Said Seraphina edging slowly towards him 'Where are Allison and Scott?'

'Contrary to what you may believe,' sneered Derek, 'I'm not their personal secretary.'

'Oh really?' said Seraphina with a look of mild surprise 'I thought you were Scott's personal nanny, the way you two always seem to find trouble. The baby fell out of the cradle this time, did he?'

'And what about little Allison? Who was supposed to be babysitting her?' He smirked.

Seraphina smiled 'Oh so you do know how to play. Alright let's face the facts.' She

said. 'Do you know what will happen if Allison gets bitten?'

'Scott will never-' began Derek

'Willingly? No, he wouldn't. But let's consider.' She assumed a tone of a teacher trying to explain addition to a bunch of 1st graders 'Scott, Allison, Stiles, all alone, in a place unknown, without any help or external contact, a beast out there waiting to capture Scott…and kill the others. What do you think will happen, Derek?'

'If you're so worried about her then go find her yourself' said Derek.

'I'm not a dog.' She said, in the same tone, head inclined proudly. You see, I can't sniff them out. I can only sense werewolf presence. And I'm afraid it won't be much help here.' Before Derek could reply, Seraphina continued with a little smirk on her face. 'You're treating him like toilet paper, aren't you? Use and throw' She paused momentarily, the atmosphere heavy, and then her tone changed to that of a UN delegate, carefully manipulating a weaker delegate into agreeing with her. 'But imagine. If something were to happen to Allison by Scott's own hand...wouldn't the poor boy's heart break into a million pieces? I doubt he'll be able to help you then...'

Of course, there was a possibility that Allison's death might cause Scott to be more determined than ever to kill the Alpha, but manipulation was a tactic Seraphina had learnt after spending so many years in this sinful world. She calculated that it would soften Derek.

'But of course' said Seraphina pleasantly 'why should you care? I'll go and find her myself.' She started walking towards the door.

'Wait.' Said Derek from behind her.

Seraphina smiled a satisfied smile and turned back to face him.

'Will you be able to keep up?' Derek asked innocently.

...

...

Scott and Stiles ran through the dimly lit, empty corridors of the school. They had already faced two blocked doorways and were in search of an exit, when they heard a scream.

'Who was that?' asked Scott skidding to a halt.

'How am I supposed to know?' cried Stiles as he collided with Scott, unable to stop himself in time. 'And will you please slow down a little? I can't keep up.' he panted clutching his knees as sweat dripped down his face.

Scott turned looking around 'Can't run any slower...' Scott muttered vaguely then he turned to Stiles 'I think it came from somewhere in the left wing staircase.'

It is indeed a miracle that when your heart's threatening to spill out of your throat and you are desperate to search for an exit, that the school corridors, which you've roamed a dozen times every day, seem like a big great maze.

Following his instincts, Scott ran towards the left wing staircase, unaware that Stiles was left far behind.

As he rounded the corner towards the staircase, voices reached his ears and he slowed down.

'Can't you even walk properly?' came an irritated voice that Scott recognised as Jackson Whitemore's.

'I'm sorry' came another voice. Curt and female, it was unmistakable the voice of Lydia Martin's. 'If only the person with the only source of light had pointed correctly-'

'Are you alright?' came a third voice and Scott's stomach did a funny lurch as though he had missed a step going down the stairs.

'Oh dear, it's started swelling.' Said Allison.

What was she doing here? Thought Scott. And then dread filled him. His best friend, girlfriend and two of his school mates were trapped in the school with an extremely dangerous beast which was hungry for their blood, and they had no way of escaping.

Scott only realized he had been standing for quite some time when he heard Stiles' heavy footsteps behind him.

'Wha-what's-the-matter?' panting Stiles grasping a stitch in his side. His voice echoed in the empty halls and silenced the voice of Allison, Lydia and Jackson.

'Who's there?' called out Jackson

'Whoa- is that Jackson?' Stiles asked, bewildered. He then leaned in towards Scott and whispered 'What is he doing here?'

Scott did not answer.

'I said' came Jackson's voice now very close 'Who-'but he stopped as he came face to face with Scott and Stiles.

'Scott!' he cried then he yelled over his shoulder 'Allison, get Lydia over here.'

Allison came a moment later supporting a very pale looking Lydia who appeared to have sprained her ankle.

'Scott McCall.' Said Jackson moving in closer to Scott 'Would you please explain what's going on?'

Again, Scott kept his silence. Jackson grabbed his shoulder and said 'There's a dead body in the old Chem lab, Scott! What's going on?'

A crash upstairs brought Scott back to his senses.

'I'll explain later. Right now we need to get out of here.' Scott said hurriedly. 'Stiles! You and Allison get to the admin office there might be a chance that the phone is still working.' He then turned to Jackson before Allison or Stiles could protest. 'Jackson. You get Lydia to some place safe.'

'And what will you do?' said Jackson coldly

'I'll try to keep the murderer away.' Said Scott

What he wanted more than anything was to distance himself from his friends so the Alpha came for him and not his friends, but that wasn't going to happen.

'Are you crazy?' exclaimed Allison

'Look' said Scott hurriedly 'I don't want any of you to get hurt.' Jackson grunted derisively but Scott ignored him and continued. 'Really Allison, I'll be fine.'

He exchanged a look with Stiles who looked as though he wanted to argue but, to Scott's relief, Stiles eventually nodded and grasped Allison's hand

'Come on' he said and he dragged her towards the office.

Scott glanced at Jackson who pulled Lydia's arm over her shoulder, staggered under her weight, made a few remarks like 'Who sprains her ankle while climbing the stairs' and 'lose some weight, can't you?' and managed to take her along the corridor into an empty classroom.

When Scott was sure no one could see him, he transformed. He knew that in wolf form and on full moon, the Alpha's call would be impossible to ignore. He was rather hoping that the process worked in reverse and the Alpha would have to answer his call too. It was reckless and extremely dangerous. He knew what the consequences would be but it was the only way to keep the Alpha away from his friends.

He ran up the staircase, littered with small pieces of glass, though where the glass had come from Scott couldn't guess. With all his might, he called out to the Alpha, not even flinching as shards of glass pierced his paws and then healed up.

...

...

Stiles was sure that when he got out and weighed himself, he would be 10lbs lighter. If he managed to ever get out, that is.

'I'm really worried about Scott' said Allison as they half ran half jogged towards the west wing towards the admin office.

'He'll be fine' assured Stiles, more for himself than for Allison, 'he's faced worse before.'

'What?' said Allison.

Stiles bit his tongue 'I mean he's tough guy. Come on. We're here'

...

...

Scott continued to mentally call out to the Alpha as he skidded across the floor but before he could actually see him, he felt an invisible barrier slam into his mind. He kept running, but both his body and mind were out of control.

Kill her...

No he couldn't. Scott wouldn't kill her

Kill Allison Argent...

He couldn't kill Allison but it was so tempting to kill her

KILL THE GIRL...

He would have to kill her. Yes Allison must die. And he must kill her.

And Scott spun 180 degrees and traced his steps back towards his innocent girlfriend.

...

...

Stiles closed the door behind them and ran towards the phone on the desk.

'Hello Beacon Hills Police Station.' Said a rough male voice.

'Hello!' Stiles panted into the receiver, 'my friends and I are trapped in the school with a-a dangerous murderer. Please help us!'

'You think the police are fools around sitting for your entertainment?' came the voice 'We just got a tip off that they'll be a prank call from the school.'

'But I'm Stiles Stilinski, son of-'but the guy hung up.

CRASH

Stiles ran out, fearing for the worst. The ceiling had fallen in and through the thick cloud of dust and he could see a dark shape looming towards them.

Just then a small stone dropped from above and stuck Stiles hard on his head making him pass out.

'Scott!' wailed Allison fighting to say conscience as the dust stung her eyes. 'Where are you?'

But the dust and shock overcame her, and Allison too passed out. However her blacking out was ill timed. A loud crack told the unconscious teens that the pillar just next to Allison was about to collapse.

...

...

Seraphina and Derek skidded to a halt before the school gates. None showed any signs of panting or sweat.

'Can't they get enough of school in the day? Why'd they have to come back here at night too?' muttered Seraphina under her breath then she looked at Derek and noticed him watching her closely. She raised her eyebrow.

'Half-breeds are never this powerful.' Derek said 'Your non-human parent must be-'

'An Alpha.' Completed Seraphina shifting her gaze away from Derek, back to the gates. Then she added 'Krittika Nakshatra, Amavasya and Manglik. The worst combination ever.'

'Huh?' said Derek

Seraphina looked at him as if he was an interesting weapon she might pick. 'Krittika Nakshatra-my horoscope-is the most inauspicious horoscope in Hindu calendar. And I was born during new moon, the darkest night of the fortnight. And manglik' she smiled a half smile, 'if I fall in love with a non-manglik or marry one, that person's life becomes cursed and he would die an early and unexpected death.' Then she looked at Derek. 'Now are we breaking this lock or what?'

It took one swipe of Derek's claws to slash through the locks and in a few seconds, they stood examining the doors which wouldn't budge.

'There's an open window up there.' Said Seraphina pointing upwards. "We can climb in through the pipe.'

Derek nodded and they walked near the pipe. Seraphina grasped the highest point she could reach and hauled herself up. Derek followed suit.

'Why did you let us go?' came Derek's voice from beneath her.

Seraphina mentally kicked him as she knew she couldn't do it physically for it would ruin their diplomatic relationships. She hated people who asked too many questions.

'You could've killed us' he continued 'but you decided to follow The Code even though according to Kate you don't usually follow it.'

'Kate was 15 when I last met her.' Said Seraphina, making sure she didn't look down as she took hold of the window frame.

'So what happened in the past 15 years that made you suddenly start following The Code?' inquired Derek

Seraphina pulled her muscular frame through the window with some difficulty and turned to watch Derek do the same. 'Look,' she said, 'just because I told you about my birth date doesn't mean I'm going to go publishing my autobiography here.'

But Derek still looked at her questioningly so she said 'Fine. It might interest you to know that I usually don't follow The Code. But I thought it would be too much for my poor little ears to hear Allison crying and wailing on her dead boyfriend's body. And in case you haven't noticed you are quite good looking and I thought it would be unfortunate, you know, if mother earth got rid of such a handsome specimen. And I was under the impression that you were here to rescue Scott, not just stand there and frown-'

BOOM! Something was happening, something big.

Derek and Seraphina ran towards the source of the sound – a corridor which further divided into two. On their right was Scott, half-transformed, holding up a pillar from toppling over Allison's unconscious form.

On their left was a snarling and spitting wolf, which had frozen due to their unexpected arrival.

Both Seraphina and Derek shared a glance, then looked at the two divisions, and in a split second they made their decisions. They divided into opposite directions, he towards Scott and she towards the Alpha, both expecting the other to follow.

Derek transformed and pulled Allison to safety just as Scott's strength gave up and he leapt aside, and let the pillar crash to the floor with another deafening KABOOM.

Seraphina pulled out a gun from what seemed like nowhere and ran after the Alpha, shooting bullets after bullets but missing each time, the agility of the wolf too much even for her. The Alpha ran ahead and climbed vertically up a wall and then using the momentum, pounced back on Seraphina, who fell and skidded due to the impact. The combination of the force of the impact, friction and the rubble on the floor was enough to produce a great tear in the back of her shirt.

Seraphina slammed the of her gun against the wolf's head and it toppled off her. Before it could leap again, sirens wailed in the distance. The wolf snarled angrily once and leapt out of the nearby window, causing the glass to shatter in a million pieces.

Seraphina let out a deep breath as she heard hurried footsteps.

'The show's over, boys.' She said to Derek and Scott, who were both transformed and had rushed to her aid. The nerve.

Seraphina picked herself off the floor, groaning as her cuts and wounds healed.

'I'm going to see if Allison's okay.' Said Scott and he ran back.

Seraphina looked at Derek 'Change of heart, eh? I thought you wanted to catch the Alpha.'

'I thought you wanted to save Allison' he answered coldly

Both of them stood, glowering at each other, while deep down both felt that the other had made the better choice.

What was I thinking? If I had gone after the Alpha too, we would've caught him.

What was I thinking? If something had happened to Allison, I would've had another thing to add to her list of sins

It took the police two hours and a special Squad team to finally break through the blocked door. By that time both Allison and Stiles, though feeble, had regained consciousness. A team found Scott, Allison and Stiles in the 1st floor corridor while another found Lydia and Jackson in the Latin classroom.

Almost immediately, medical assistance was provided to them and the police were kind enough to send Sergeant Doodle as soon as they were escorted safely out, in case the concussion or shock made them forget the facts.

'You kids… You're Allison Argent, Lydia Martin, Scott McCall, Jackson Whitemore and Stile-'but before the detective could finish, a loud voice interrupted him.

'Allison!' Seraphina was striding towards them. 'Are you alright?' she had a jacket wrapped tightly around her waist and didn't show any signs that she had just fought an Alpha.

Seraphina noticed the Sergeant. 'If you don't mind Sergeant, 'she checked his badge and refrained from smiling as she continued, '…Doodle, I would like to take my cousin home.'

Without waiting for an answer, Seraphina grabbed Allison's hand and led her away from the group.

Allison was so faint, she had put her arm around Seraphina's waist to keep herself steady

'Seraphina,' she said quietly, voice weak, 'why is your shirt torn?'

'Hush now.' Said Seraphina and she led her on in silence.

...

...

About an hour later, Seraphina closed the door of Allison's bedroom behind her. After a few looks that she had exchanged with Chris and Kate and a lot of fussing by Victoria, they were finally able to escape to her bedroom.

Allison had collapsed on the bed the moment they entered. Seraphina open the closet for a fresh shirt. She had just bent to retrieve a fallen cloth when –

'Seraphina! What is that?' Allison had sprung off the bed, all faintness gone out of concern for her cousin as, visible through the rip in Seraphina's shirt, were three deep and fresh looking scratches. They looked like, Allison thought… Well, it was impossible. Wasn't it?

They looked like claw marks.

Your review is as precious to me as Seraphina's gun is to her!