Episode:6, A show of Faith

Teen Wolf: Legends (A Teen Wolf Fanfiction)

Episode: 6, A Show of Faith

Previously on Teen Wolf, LegendsAfter being cornered by Kate and Seraphina Argent alone in the woods, Derek Hale and Scott McCall were sure of one thing-death. But the odds turned out to be in their favour as a steadfast woman who stayed by her word. Seraphina refused to break her word to Chris of not killing them. She also says that she is sure that neither of them is the Alpha and they do not have any proof against them either. Kate agrees to leave them, but remains unconvinced.

Allison is unable to attend school the next day for she still felt faint due to the strong dose of sedatives Seraphina had given her the previous night. Grabbing the chance, Seraphina corners Scott and extends a hand of friendship. She tells him that his locket contains a transmitter through which she heard his and Derek's conversation. She tells him that together, they could find the alpha. Scott asks for time to consider this to which Seraphina replies 'Time is a y thing, Scott. Whenever it's needed the most, the bastard is not available!"

Kate heard the slight crunch of a twig as it got crushed beneath someone's feet. Her head whipped back as an angry and frustrated expression crept on her face. As an expert hunter as she was, Katherine Argent couldn't tolerate such small negligence on hunts, especially on a hunt as important as this.

She clamped a figure on , signaling Leveque to be silent. Leveque nodded and allowed to Kate to gain a bit of a lead on him so he and Ulrich could talk without her listening.

'Do you think she is right in thinking he's there? And that he is the Alpha?' he asked

'Does it really matter? Even if he isn't, we'll be lightening Mother Earth's burden.' Ulrich said and gestured Leveque to walk fast to cover the distance between them and Kate. Unlike Leveque, Ulrich didn't like any sort of criticism from Kate, who was in Ulrich's opinion, more beautiful than she was fierce.

Finally, the blackened house came into sight. Kate motioned Leveque and Ulrich to screen themselves behind the thick vegetation.

'Isn't he cute?' Kate whispered, watching Derek as he walked around his burnt home. She lined her scope to follow him. 'But Alphas are dangerous, no matter their pretty package.' She grinned widely as she aimed and pulled the trigger. Derek collapsed with a shout as the wolfbane bullet pierced his skin. Kate quickly began her stalking close to the fallen wolf. 'Hello, Derek. Despite what others think, I know for a fact that you are the Alpha; and no one is going to help you.'

'I am not the Alpha, Kate.' Derek hissed out. 'Even that other hunter, Seraphina agreed.'

Kate scoffed, 'When did you get on first name terms with her?'

Kate smiled at Derek's discomfort before adding 'Besides, Seraphina sits very high on her horse, and she doesn't know you like I do.' Kate walked around the writhing wolf. 'Who else would be turning teenagers into monsters?' Kate kneeled down, staring into the eyes of Derek. 'And you are a monster.' She smiled as she grabbed him, signaling to the other hunters to come over. They lifted up Derek and dragged him into the home.

…..

…..

'Dinner's ready!' Victoria's voice came wafting up the bedroom where Allison and Seraphina were chatting away merrily.

'Coming!' replied Allison and both the girls descended the staircase, still laughing.

'What's the joke?' Chris asked from the dining table

'Girl Stuff, Dad. You won't understand.'

'Girl stuff?' Chris raised an eyebrow at Seraphina, who waved her hand and said 'oh, it's nothing!'

Victoria kept the china bowls on the table with the expression she always wore in Seraphina's company.

Seraphina, who was always hungry, grabbed the lid and peered in.

'Err...what is this?' asked Seraphina with a genuinely puzzled expression.

'Lettuce salad,' Victoria said stiffly.

'Oh' said Seraphina making it long and nice. She then picked up the smallest leaf and stared at it as if it surely contained much more that it was revealing. Allison, who was already in a mirthful mood, chortled and dug her knuckles into to stop herself from laughing. Even Chris, who had masters in hiding his feelings couldn't help but smile.

'Nobody's forcing you to eat what I cook, Seraphina' said Victoria coldly

'Really?' An expression of great relief came over Seraphina's face. 'You're not a bad cook, Victoria…it's just that American food never really agrees with me…no salt, no chili, no spices…'

This made Victoria flare up. Chris and Allison both knew that Seraphina, who had a sort of cruel sense of humour, was saying everything good naturedly.

Victoria slammed her hand on the table and said, 'Fine. Just FINE! Go and eat whatever the heck you want!'

Seraphina appeared indifferent to this and said 'Anyone want a pizza? I'll order an extra spicy one.'

'I would-'began Chris but quickly changed lanes after meeting with his wife's stern gaze 'I wouldn't! No I wouldn't. This is quite good you know.' he said gesturing at his leafy plate.

Alas Victoria had no idea that this old team of hunters was perfectly capable of understanding each other without words.

Allison hissed just as Seraphina got off the table 'Save a bit for me, please'

Seraphina smiled and ordered two large pizzas.

'Where's Kate?' she asked as everyone got off the table.

'Oh, she said she needed a new custom tailored suit for which she had to go out of town…might be late…' Chris said

'Custom tailored suit, huh?' said Seraphina softly under her breath.

The pizza arrived and Seraphina, Allison and Chris ate heartily, while Victoria sulked in her room. They said good night and retired to their rooms.

Allison fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, but Seraphina lay awake, shifting uncomfortably in the bed. Somehow the fact that Kate was out of town to get a tailor made suit didn't agree with her. She knew Kate better than that.

Kate was the only person on earth who could trick Chris. For all Seraphina knew, she was off on an unauthorised hunt and was in serious trouble.

Finally at 2:30pm, Seraphina got up and decided to skim the woods for Kate, just to reassure herself. She loaded in on her weapons, kicked started the bike and was off.

She parked the bike on the outskirts of the woods and got off. Immediately, she noticed tire marks on the mud. She took a step forward and spotted a round cylindrical thing. She picked it up. It was a wolfbane bullet.

'Gee' she thought 'wonder who that could be?'

Seraphina wandered into the woods, her senses fully alert taking in the softest sound and the slightest moment. Her eyes searched the ground for sings of human infiltration.

Kate had come here, that was sure. Either they were hunting someone who was giving them a hard time or someone had caught them. In any case, there was bound to be blood, and blood would attract animals.

Before Seraphina entered the heart of the forest, she heard the cry of a jackal.

Immediately, Seraphina broke into a run and was at the place in less than 5 seconds.

There was a small amount of blood on the ground, enough for a very hungry jackal to it and give himself some satisfaction. Seraphina looked up from the blood at the old, burnt, blackened Hale House.

She walked up to the black house. She silently opened the door, slowly to avoid the squeaking of such an old and abandoned house. She tiptoed through the front hall, before following the sounds of muffled screams through the house. She crept through a doorway, watching Kate bring an electrified baton to Derek's body, shocking him as he screamed around a makeshift gag. His eyes continued to glow blue.

Kate immediately turned as she heard footsteps behind her.

'Seraphina!' she said

'I told you he isn't the alpha.' Said Seraphina walking forwards, her tone stern.

'I-', began Kate

'Thought I might be wrong, huh?' Seraphina said 'So now you start to doubt my abilities.'

'It's not that.' Said Kate, her tone becoming the same as Seraphina's sharp voice, 'By the way, why are you so concerned? It is just a werewolf ', she asked.

'You're breaking the code' said Seraphina.

Kate laughed 'And since when does Seraphina Argent, the Hitler of the hunters race, start respecting the code? Or maybe it's just because of him? After all, you seem quite keen on saving him.' Kate mocked.

Seraphina stepped forwards, her face inches from Kate's 'Are you questioning my character, Kate?' she said.

For a second, the two stared at each other, then they both burst out laughing.

'I was just worried you might be in trouble.' said Seraphina,

'Oh yea where I go, trouble goes too. But usually it incurs on unfortunate souls around me.' Kate said looking in mock sadness at Derek's limp form.

'Well then,' Seraphina said 'I don't think there's any need for me here, so I'll just' she pointed at the door 'Go.'

Kate nodded and Seraphina turned. Derek's painful howls began even before Seraphina had touched the door.

In barely 10 seconds, Seraphina Argent stood near her bike with a high-tech phone in her hand.

...

...

Scott McCall was in the showers when his phone rang.

'Who the hell is it now?' he muttered to himself as he gently picked up his phone, careful not to wet it.

'Hello?' he said

'There is no time t-' began the female voice on the phone but Scott interrupted her with a yell of surprise

'Seraphina! How did?'

'You are forgetting Scott, I share Allison's room. Now listening to me and don't interrupt!'' she said but Scott interrupted anyway.

'I haven't talked to Derek yet bu-'

'Of course you haven't talked to Derek yet! Kate's got him in the Hale House'

'What?!'

'Now listen to me carefully. You've got to go and rescue Derek. Show me your powers by snatching Kate's favourite prey from under her nose. I can't be of any more help. Take him that Vet's clinic. If you survive, I'll meet you there.'

'But' Began Scott, his mind buzzing with queries.

'Oh and Scott,' Seraphina said, in a 'matter of fact' tone, 'You've got about 2 minutes 'til she kills him.'

...

...

The moment Seraphina had hung up after saying Derek's got only about two minutes, Scott had jumped out of the window, transforming on the way.

Scott ran quickly, dodging trees as he ran to the Hale property. He dove through the trees into the clearing, running up to the house. He jumped through a first floor window, growling loudly as he smelt burnt flesh, following the smell to an unconscious Derek; he avoided two men jumping at him before quickly cutting at the rope holding Derek up. The two men came at him again, but he roared, long and hard at them. Snarling, he pulled Derek up against him and ran at partially collapsed wall.

Jumping through the wall and back out the window, Scott ran- albeit at a slower pace- away from the property, partially dragging the still form of Derek.

...

...

Scott somehow managed to enter the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic with Derek slumped on his shoulders. He laid Derek on the counter in front of the wall of mountain ash and marveled at the success of this impossible mission.

'Well done, Scott McCall' drifted a voice from the shadows. Seraphina Argent stepped forwards, her hands folded on her chest and a small but regal smile on her lips.

'I knew you'd succeed' she said 'Saving someone with great risk to your own life...good people are so easy to predict...'

Seraphina moved closer to Derek's half-conscience form and eyed his wounds with a pitiful expression on her face.

'Kate must have injected him with the serum...it stops healing...should wear off by day after...'

Derek turned his head slowly and noticed Seraphina for the first time.

'You...' he began slowly.

'Me.' Said Seraphina calmly. 'And in case you don't know, I just saved your life. Consider it as a show of faith, Derek Hale and remember it when you make the decision.'

Derek looked at Scott as if asking 'what decision?'

'I'll explain later' mouthed Scott.

'Oh, and by the way, his ankles dislocated...I could pop it back...' said Seraphina pointing at the odd angle of Derek's ankle.

'Okay' said Scott a hint of doubt in his voice.

'You brace him and I'll pop it back.' Seraphina said positing herself near Derek's feet.

'On the count of three,' said Scott.

'One,' said Scott.

There was a loud 'crunch' as Derek's ankle shifted back into place and a loud 'Owww!' from Derek.

'What happened to two and three?' asked Scott horrified.

'Yea, what happened to two and three?' Said Derek faintly.

Seraphina looked at them and shrugged 'Two and Three.'

Please do take the trouble of giving reviews :)