Episode:5, A strange Hand of Friendship

Teen Wolf: Legends (A Teen Wolf Fanfiction)

Episode 5: A Strange Hand of Friendship

Previously on Teen Wolf, Legends: Derek Hale asks Scott McCall to help him find the Alpha during a meeting called by Scott to inform Derek about Seraphina Argent. Scott is surprised at this strange request, especially when the reason provided by Derek is that Scott would get cured if he kills the Alpha. Seraphina Argent is somehow able to eavesdrop on the meeting even when she wasn't physically present near the Hale House.
Scott McCall is alone in the woods at night when he hears a fellow werewolf's distress call. He follows the call to find Seraphina Argent killing the wolf. In desperation, Scott flies the scene but is unable to shake the suspicion that Seraphina knew exactly where he was.
In school, later that day Scott asks Allison out. Allison apparently doesn't tell Seraphina of this date as she goes out alone to get an ancient nose ring repaired.
Seraphina fumes when she hears that Allison's gone out with Scott and reveals that she knew all along that Scott was a werewolf and tells Chris that nothing in the world would stop her killing Allison if she gets the bite.
Somehow, Seraphina knows exactly where Scott and Allison are. She sedates Allison and pins Scott to a nearby tree. By displaying her uncanny abilities, she manages to pin Derek too without even looking at him.

Kate and Chris Argent whirled around to look at Seraphina's arrow which had indeed pierced the shoulder of a very surprised looking Derek Hale.
For a second, there was a ringing silence in which Seraphina enjoyed the sensation of getting another precise aim while Chris opened his mouth and then closed it and opened it again and then closed it again, and Kate staring at Derek as if she could kill him with her mere gaze.
It was Kate who broke the silence by saying softly 'So you survived, huh?'
Derek did not answer but gazed at Kate, Chris and Seraphina, giving all a look of deepest spite. His gaze lingered on Seraphina and then his eyes narrowed to slits.
'Chris' said Seraphina turning to him 'I think you should take Allison home. Kate and I shall take care of these.' She gestured at the two pitiful figures.
'Oh yeah,' Kate said, playfully winking at Seraphina, 'We'll take very good care of them.'
Chris nodded and said 'I know what, what care you will give them. I can't let this happen. The code does not permit it. I had to answer the council when Kate burned down the Hale house.'
'You and your ing code.' Kate muttered under breath.
'No. Chris, you get Allison home. We won't kill them. You have my word.' Seraphina said firmly.
Chris hesitated.
'My word, Chris' Seraphina said putting great emphasis on the word.
Chris looked from Seraphina to Kate, then back at Seraphina then nodded , turned and trotted off with Allison's unconscious form in his arms.
'So…' said Kate turning to look at Derek and Scott. 'So' she said again.
Scott would've dearly loved to have said 'so what?' but thought it wasn't the right time to do so.
'So, we finally have the Alpha and his faithful sidekick.' Said Kate
'I'm not the Alpha!' said Scott struggling against the arrows which wouldn't give away.
Seraphina suddenly grasped Scott's throat and pushed him up the tree with such force that his shirt ripped off but the arrows did not budge
'And who's talking to you? You are not strong enough to be an alpha, McCall' she hissed
Scott waved around his hands and thrash about, trying to free himself. In his effort to do so, he slashed at the arm holding his throat. Scott expected the hand to loosen its grip, but when half a second passed and Scott was still being chocked,he looked at Seraphina who was smiling
'Ohhh.' She said softly 'That was very cute.'
And to Scott's amazement, the deep gashes which would've taken months to heal, sealed themselves up without leaving even trace of blood or scar!
Scott stopped struggling and Seraphina dropped him on the ground.
'What…are…you?' Scott said massaging his neck.
'Oh, a little of this' said Seraphina casually 'and a little of that.'
'She's one of us!' Derek snarled.
Seraphina lost her cool and wrenched out the arrow buried in his shoulder, causing Derek to howl in pain as blood spurted out.
'Don't you dare call me one of you!' Seraphina did not yell but her voice held a deadly force. 'I'm not a half-wolf by choice but by fate. However, I'm a werewolf hunter by choice and not by fate.'
'Yeah, and now you'll do your duty by killing them.' Kate said.
Seraphina immediately regained her calm and casual manner once again.
'I gave Chris my word, Kate.' Seraphina spoke as if talking to a child you simply didn't understand that helpless werewolves like these shouldn't be killed.
'Yes but it's the Alpha we're talking about!' Kate protested.
'I'm NOT the Alpha!' yelled Derek.
'Oh, a likely story!' Kate said.
'Kate.' Seraphina said quietly.
'You are the Alpha and I know it!' Kate yelled again.
'Katherine!' Seraphina said a little loudly.
'What?' said Kate, annoyed.
'I don't think either of them is the Alpha.'
'What?!'
'Kate, I assure you, neither of them is the Alpha.' Seraphina said.
Kate looked flabbergasted.
'But-'
'Look Kate. I know. I can tell that the Alpha is nowhere near us. Besides, I gave Chris my word that we won't kill them.' Seraphina paused. 'I think we should go.'
Kate didn't react.
'Kate.' Seraphina said grasping her arm, 'Maybe next time, when we actually catch them doing something.'
Kate nodded then turned her back against the duo. Then she turned back again, marched up to Scott, held him by the collar and -
'Don't you dare come anywhere near my niece!' she spat on his face. Saying this Katherine Argent finally turned for good and walked away into the darkness.
Seraphina gave a small smile to Derek and Scott, both of whom were lying on the ground and walked away too caressing the arrow she had taken out of Derek's shoulder and muttering 'pity…it was wasted.' Under her breadth

….

...

Allison stirred and slowly opened her eyes. There was an odd shape looming above her face. Slowly as the shape came into focus, Allison could make out a golden complexion visage with a silver nose ring.
'Hiya, Seraphina.' She said slowly
Seraphina yelled over her shoulder 'She's awake!'
Chris, Kate and Victoria came hurrying near the bed, the latter pushing Seraphina roughly out of her way to sit on the bed.
'How are you, sweetheart?' asked Victoria, affectionately caressing her daughter's forehead.
'I'm fine mom!' Allison said pushing away her mother's hand 'What-What happened?'
'You fainted.' Said Seraphina from the door, before either Chris or Kate could open their mouths. 'Scott bought you here.'
Allison focused on Seraphina's face and took in the silver nose ring. 'You weren't wearing that before, were you?'
'No. I recently got it repaired.' Seraphina said 'Oh, and I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm afraid it's getting late.' Saying this she picked up her bag and marched out of the room.
Allison, frowned, looking at her bedside table.
'What the-Its 7 o' clock! I have to be at school!'
'You are not going anywhere, young lady!' said Chris Argent sternly
Allison Argent, much to her displeasure was not allowed to step outside the house the entire day. All her calls were hung up too. Especially a guy named Scott McCall's calls.

...
Seraphina Argent's day at school was highly amusing.
She entered the premises to find Scott coming from the opposite direction. Seeing Seraphina, Scott stopped abruptly and hastily changed his course and went the other way. Something similar happened with Stiles too, whose fear of Seraphina was magnified by a hundred folds now.
Seraphina allowed herself the pleasure of being the 'menacing one' before finally deciding that it was time to talk to Scott. There were things that needed to be sorted.
Therefore Seraphina seized her chance after the school got over.

Scott McCall had just shut his locker and slung his bag over his shoulder. He was to meet Stiles just outside in the grounds. Deep in thought, Scott walked down the corridor. Just as he was passing in front of the gap between the lockers, when he felt a strong hand pull him in.

His body on the verge of transformation before he realized who it was.
'Seraphina!' For a second Scott seemed paralyzed with fear. Then he regained his form and said 'How is Allison?'
'She's fine. Woke up this morning...I think I gave her a pretty strong dose...'
'Ohhh Scott' said a male voice from the corridor 'I'll tell Allison that you were flirting with her own cousin when she wasn't here! Hahahah.'
Seraphina rolled her eyes 'Did anyone.' She said loudly to the guy 'Did anyone, in this vast, wide world, ask you to your overlarge in? DID THEY?'
The guy looked terrified 'I-I w-was just walking' he said timidly
'Well then keep walking!'
Seraphina turned back to Scott and resumed her calm soothing tone 'Yea so where were we? Yes...You see, contrary to what Kate and Chris might think, I don't think that neither you, nor Derek is the Alpha. Forget think, I'm sure that none of you is the Alpha. You just aren't in the league, you know? You're quite harmless...a tame werewolf.'
Scott didn't reply. He was uncomfortably aware of Seraphina's hand on the wall next to Scott's face which prevented him from running away and her tall, muscular frame towering over him, her face inches from his own.
'And I for once know that you have a great desire to catch the Alpha. In fact' she said, her eyes narrowing 'Derek even seems to know where the Alpha is, considering that he asked you to help him find the Alpha.'
At this, Scott could hide his surprise no longer.
'How do you-' he began but Seraphina interjected in between
'Your locket' she said gesturing to the silver 'Lacrosse' on Scott's neck. 'It has a transmitter in it.
Scott quickly took off the locket. And sure enough there was a small transmitter on the bottom of the 'L' Allison had given him the locket and he'd worn it without even giving it a second glance.
'But...Allison-' began Scott again only to be interrupted again by Seraphina.
'She gave you the locket. But I live with her. You can't imagine how easy it was to tamper with stuff...We might be an ancient tribe...but we are not ancient in our ways...I heard your entire conversation with Derek, including the part where you were expressing your immense liking for Allison.'
Scott opened his mouth to say something but closed it again for his mind was empty of words except one-'Shock'
'Anyways' said Seraphina. 'I know that you can't harm a hair of any human, nor apparently has Derek. I ask you only this-You seek the Alpha. I seek the Alpha. We both know that you can't find the Alpha alone, nor can I or Chris or Kate. If our goals are the same, then I suppose we can...help each other find the Alpha, can't we?'
'What?' said Scott frowning 'you, an Argent Hunter, you are asking for my, a werewolf's help?'
'Oh no Scott. I'm not askiñg for your help. I'm offering you my help.'said Seraphina smiling slyly 'I kill werewolves who break the Code, or in other words harm a human. And as you haven't broken the code and the Alpha surely has, I have no problem collaborating with you to find the Alpha.'
Scott hesitated 'I need time...'
'Ah time!' said Seraphina slamming her fist on the locker behind Scott. The school was almost empty except a few students, who too were leaving. Seraphina stepped back and said 'Time is a very y thing Scott. Whenever it's needed the most, the bastard is not available!"
Scott didn't know how to respond
'Well Scott,' said Seraphina 'Make sure you don't take much of it. Talk to Derek. Consult him and tell me soon.'
Scott nodded. Seraphina lowered her arm allowing Scott to re-adjust his bag and dash out after the stray students who were just moving out, his mind buzzing with the 'strange hand of friendship'