Episode:7, Allied

Teen Wolf: Legends (A Teen Wolf Fanfiction)

Episode 7,Allied

Previously on Teen Wolf, Legends: Despite Seraphina's assurance that neither Derek nor Scott is the alpha, Kate remains unconvinced. She kidnaps Derek and tries to force him to confess that he is the alpha. But Derek remains rooted on his innocence.

There at the Argent house, Seraphina 'politely' tells Victoria that she is a dreadful cook and that she'd rather have a pizza than eat her 'lettuce salad'. Victoria is angry curtly replies that Seraphina could eat whatever she wants and that she'll never cook for her in the future, but Chris and Allison find the entire event amusing. Chris explains Kate's absence by telling everyone that she was off to the town to get a tailor made suit. However Seraphina doesn't buy that and sets out to find her. She stumbles upon the Hale House and discovers Kate torturing Derek.

She calls up Scott and tells him to rescue Derek if he can. Scott successfully manages to do so and takes Derek to the Vet's clinic where Seraphina meets them and tells them to consider this as her 'show of faith'

Scott McCall raced down the familiar path through the woods which led to the Hale House. Derek had asked him to come there and Scott knew better to disobey. Derek had a tendency to show up in 'unexpected' places. So Scott had decided to keep the meeting after all.

Suddenly he heard the crunch of gravel crushed beneath a pair of feet. He stopped and before he knew it, a hand was clamped tightly around his mouth and he was pulled in behind the bushes.

He felt a soft breadth graze his neck. He whipped around and hissed 'What are you doing here?'

'Shhhhhhhh!' said Seraphina placing a finger on her lips as the sounds of laughter drifted through and Scott McCall saw Chris Argent along with some friends walking past as they chatted merrily, no doubt scouting the terrain for that night's hunt.

'Nice way to get yourself killed, Scott McCall.' Seraphina said, releasing Scott from her strong grasp, once they had passed. 'You and Derek Hale should stop trying to die. Because you see I really don't want to make a habit of saving your petty necks.'

Scott looked at Seraphina, quite taken aback.

'By the way, how is it that you didn't sense them already? Are you a werewolf or not?'

Scott didn't reply.

'Quite distracted you are, I see...and maybe the distraction is caused by my dear young cousin.' She said playfully.

Scott remained silent. True, he really was thinking about Allison. But she couldn't be a distraction, could she?

'Well' said Seraphina giving him a little push 'Aren't you late for a meeting?'

'How did-' began Scott but then decided he didn't want to know.

'Don't forget to give me an answer, Scott. I'll be waiting' and with a wink, Seraphina raced off.

Scott shook his head and continued on the path which was mercifully hunter-free. He arrived at the house, and as usual hesitated before the door, wondering whether to knock or not. He feared knocking might just relieve the door off its hinges and not knocking might seem rude, but he was saved the trouble as the door swung open on its own accord.

'Hello!' called out Scott as he walked in cautiously 'Derek? Is anyone home?'

He was standing in what once must've been a handsome hallway, but now it looked creepy and sinister even in broad daylight.

'Hel-' but Scott was cut off as a heavy figure lurched on him, knocking him off his feet. Before he knew it, Scott had transformed and violently scratched his attacker on the face with his claws. It was only a moment later that Scott realized that it was only just Derek

'Why the hell did you do that?' he asked as Derek straightened up and the deep gashes on his face slowly healed.

'I told you, I will train you. I didn't say when. You have to stay alert 24/7, if you want to survive. You can't afford to get yourself killed.'

'Yeah I am too valuable to lose, aren't I?' Scott muttered under his breath.

'I know what's causing that distraction, Scott.' Said Derek

'You and the rest of the world' said Scott

'What are you talking about?' Derek asked

'Seraphina. She met me while coming here.'

'What did she say?' Derek asked, his manner changing instantly

'She said that you and I should stop trying to get ourselves killed and that she was waiting for your answer.'

Derek did not reply. He just stood there deep in thought.

'I think we ought to let her help us.'

'I don't trust her' said Derek

'I don't either' said Scott quickly 'but-'

A loud ringing interrupted him. Scott fumbled around for his phone and pulled it out of his back pocket. The name Allison was flashing on the display screen, but before Scott could pick it up, Derek had snatched it out of Scott's hand and crushed it into bits.

'What the !?' yelled Scott.

'If you want me teaching you, then you need to get rid of all distractions.' Derek said 'All distraction. Get rid of her.'

'You're just saying that because of her family!' said Scott angrily kicking away the crushed remains of his mobile phone.

'You getting angry? That's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this, how to shift, you do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage, and you can't do that with her around.'

'I can get angry,' said Scott curtly.

'Not angry enough.' Argued Derek 'This is the only way I can teach you. Now, can you stay away from her? At least until the full moon?

Scott looked at Derek for a full moment, gave and unwilling sigh and said 'Well...if that's what it takes'

Derek caught the hint of unwillingness in Scott's voice.

'Do you want to live or not?' he spat 'Do you want to protect your petty friends? Do you?'

'Fine' said Scott 'I'll stay away from her.'

...

...

The Hale House wasn't the only place with fuming people having rows. Katherine and Chris Argent were having a verbal war in the basement of the Argent house

'You've got to warn her, Chris!' Kate was yelling 'You can't have her roaming around with dogs!'

'You are not going to tell her anything' roared Chris back. 'I want her to stay out of this!'

'And how are you going to tell her to stay away from him? She needs to understand.'

'We can make her understand without telling her the whole story, Kate!'

'Do you think she will understand?' yelled Kate.
'Of course she is my daughter!' said Chris emphasizing on the word 'my'

'She's a teenager! Why Chris? Why do you want to keep her in the dark? The sooner she knows the better she'll be able to protect herself.'

'She is fully capable of protecting herself.'

'What if he tries to harm her? How will she understand?'

'Seraphina is with her all the time! She will take care of Allison.'

'All the same, Chris, I still think she should know and I'm sure Seraphina would agree.'

'My husband is not making his decisions based on what Seraphina would agree to or not' cried Victoria angrily from the door, 'especially the ones concerning my daughter's life!'

'Chris, try to understand.' Said Kate, 'She is an Argent. She has to join us one day or the other.'

'Not if I can help it.' Muttered Chris softly under his breath as Kate stormed out of the kitchen.

...

...

'Hey Allison' said Kate 'Mind if I enter?'

Allison jumped and nearly dropped her phone which was pressed to her ear.

'Yea. Yea. Sure' she said quickly putting the phone down

'What's the matter?' Asked Kate, 'who were you calling?'

'No one.' Said Allison

Kate glanced suspiciously at the phone 'If you were talking to Scott again…'

'No!' lied Allison quickly 'Aunt Kate, I don't understand why you guys hate him so much.'

'Because he's not the right sort of guy for you!" said Kate exasperatedly 'your father and I do not think you should be together anymore.'

Allison slumped down on the bed 'I'm not the type of girl who will say I hate you. I wish you were dead.'

'But sweet-' Kate began

'But I hate you and I wish you were dead.'

Kate was saved from answering by the arrival of Seraphina from the bathroom, wiping her damn face with a fluffy white towel.

'How's the report going, Allison?' Seraphina asked brightly

'Oh I forgot about that!" squeaked Allison as she jumped up from the bed and rummaged around in her study drawer for a pen and paper.

'What report?' asked Kate curiously

'Something on our family. History project' said Allison, still searching around for her pen.

'What did you write?' Kate asked Seraphina as she flopped down on the bed, and stretched out her legs with the dirty boots still on.

'Oh, the reports not for A graders like me.' She said jerking her thumb towards herself with a proud look on her face. 'History is my strongest subject after all' she added with a wink.

'Ah...Victoria's not going to be pleased' said Kate eyeing the dirt marks on the bed sheets which were made by Seraphina's muddy boots. 'Anyways' she said turning to Allison 'Family history you say? Well I have something that might interest you. Look for La Bête du Gévaudan'

'La Bête du Gévaudan'? Hmmmm...' said Allison turning to her computer.

Kate looked back at Seraphina, who had stopped dead halfway through flipping pages of Rozabal Line, the book she had been reading, and was gazing at Kate with raised eyebrows.

'Hey Seraphina, you don't mind coming with me to the town, do you? I have to buy a new jacket.' Said Kate getting up and opening the door

'Not at all.' Said Seraphina jumping up and following Kate

'And you' Kate added to Allison sternly 'will not be talking to Scott.'

With a last furious look from Allison, Seraphina closed the door behind her and together she and Kate walked out of the house.

'Chris did not listen to you then.' Said Seraphina

'No, ' said Kate disdainfully 'He says he wants to keep her 'safe'. As if any of us are safe with creatures like those in our midst. He said that none of us are to tell Allison anything.'

'Yea but you aren't telling her anything' said Seraphina with a smile. 'You are just helping in her history project.'

Kate gave her a malicious smile.

Seraphina thumped Kate on the back 'Chris always underestimates you, Kate. Always.'

...

...

Scott was sitting on his bed trying to concentrate on his economics chapter, when his sharp wolf senses caught something. He slowly got up from the bed and walked out onto his porch and looked around, his senses fully alert. It could be Derek, testing Scott. Or it could be the Alpha trying to kill Scott. Or just maybe it was-

'Hello Scott'

Scott whipped around and said 'Can you stop doing that!'

Seraphina smiled and said 'Well, I could come through the door too, you know like a civilized human, but what's the fun in that?'

'You like scaring me out of my wits, don't you?' Scott asked

Seraphina, whose lips were curling into a smile, nodded and shrugged as if it was no big deal.

'So...' she said

'I-I talked to Derek, he's-' but Scott stopped as Seraphina moved closer with a dangerous smile on her face.

'Why don't you talk to Derek? Why do you always come bug me?'

'Well' said Seraphina 'Let's just say I've taken a certain liking to you, Scott.'

'Well he's the one who's against it so go talk to HIM!' said Scott moving back.

'I don't care who's against what, Scott. I asked you nicely if I could help you' said Seraphina, moving closer to Scott 'but you chose to ignore my help.'

'Oh no Scott, I won't kill you.' She continued. 'I consider it below my level of dignity to kill weaklings such as yourself, but I'm sure Kate has no such hesitations...'

Scott gulped

'Why can't you find him yourself?' he asked 'You can sense werewolf presence.'

'Tut, tut, tut. I see Derek hasn't taught you much. An Alpha's scent is very different from his or her human self. I can't sense an Alpha unless he's in wolf form and standing in front of me. You, on the other hand Scott, have a much stronger connection to the Alpha. Once Derek trains you to use your senses, you'll be able to connect with the Alpha.'

'And die, most likely.' Scott muttered under his breath

'Scott you are letting go of a golden opportunity. If I find the Alpha with your help, the other hunters can know how you put your life in great danger to help me and how you tried with all your might to rid Beacon Hills of the terror of the Alpha...If you really want to be with Allison, then you have no other choice, Scott. Right now you are on Chris and Kate's black list. If you help us, Scott, we'll leave you alone.'

Scott stood there deep in thought.

'Oh, very well. Now,' Said Seraphina 'I'd better leave.'

'Wait' said Scott as Seraphina started walking away from him 'Wait. I'll-I'll do it.'

'But Derek's against it Scott.' Said Seraphina in an innocent voice

'I don't care. I'll help you.'

'Atta boy' said Seraphina and she strode away from Scott's house, with a smile and one thought in her mind. 'Lies said for a larger good, are considered good.'