Episode 4: Caught!

Teen Wolf: Legends (A Teen Wolf Fanfiction)

Episode 4: Caught!

Previously on Teen Wolf: Legends First day at school turns out to be a very eventful for Seraphina Argent as she bursts a volleyball and catches sight of the allegedly dead Derek Hale. Scott McCall, on the other hand, is highly suspicious of this new Argent, especially when she hears a whispered conversation that none but a werewolf should. He sought a meeting with Derek hale, where he tells him of his fears. During the meeting, Derek asks Scott to help him find the Alpha as Derek had heard that killing the Alpha who had bit you transforms you back. Scott agrees to help in exchange of being cured and Derek wishes a desire to meet Seraphina Argent. Meanwhile, about half a mile away, Seraphina appears to be somehow listening to all their conversations.

Now- 3 days later

The clock on the bedside table read 3:00 am. It was the dead of night and one could hear the various cries of mysterious night creatures. Everyone in the vicinity was fast asleep, everyone except, Seraphina Argent.
Seraphina Argent, wearing a long, black coat and hiking boots, loaded a pistol, preparing for her nightly hunt alone.
Seraphina finished loading the pistol and tucked it in her belt, which currently held two more pistols, along with spare cartridge. Seraphina walked to the wide-open window, paused to check that Allison was safely asleep, and then jumped down.
She landed on her feet like a cat. Jumping from great heights like that was one of the many 'special' talents of Seraphina.
She strode over to her bike with her coat bellowing against her feet. She pulled up the seat and pulled out a rifle out of the secret compartment and swung it over her shoulder. She then pulled a leg over the bike and kicked the engine started and roared off to the night, scaring a few sleeping bats and Seraphina sped towards the dark and dingy woods in the equally dark and dingy night.

Scott McCall was pacing through the woods. He was supposed to meet Derek there, but unless Derek hurried, Scott feared he might end up meeting hunters instead.
All of a sudden, he heard a loud howl. Scott stopped dead in his tracks.
There was silence.
Alarmed, he changed direction and starting running towards the discontinued howl.
This proved to be a near fatal mistake.
Scott's speed made the trees ruffle. As he ran, half transformed, he had only one word in mind –hunters.
And sure enough, Scott soon spotted a figure in a long black coat. Scott halted in his tracks. The figure had heard him. Just as it turned around, Scott dived behind a nearby tree.
Scott took a few deep breaths and then maneuvered himself so he could take a look at the figure. Somehow, even before he had taken a look at the figure's face, Scott knew who it was. And sure enough, Seraphina Argent was looking around, searching for the source of the commotion, when suddenly, there was one behind her.
Seraphina turned again to see the bushes nearby rustling. A large, grey wolf leapt out of the bushes, formed a wide arc in the air, and headed straight towards her. But Seraphina was ready. Within a second, she raised a crossbow, and fired one silver-tipped arrow straight at the wolf. It hit the ground as soon as the arrow connected and lay whimpering there, not quite dead yet. Seraphina walked over to the nearly-dead wolf, picked it up with surprising strength, and holding its neck in her hands, she brutally twisted it. There was a loud 'snap' as the creature's neck broke and it finally died.
Scott gulped and quickly pulled his head back just as Seraphina turned towards the tree again, hoping against hope that she hadn't seen him.
Seraphina looked around for a few moments then her heels and marched on in the opposite direction.
Scott breathed a sigh of relief as he saw Seraphina disappear among the trees. He bent down on all fours and decided he'd better go home.
Relieved though he was, as he ran home, Scott McCall couldn't quite shake the feeling that Seraphina Argent knew exactly where he had been hiding.

...

Stiles was absolutely terrified when he heard Scott's account of last night and his suspicions that Seraphina knew Scott was a werewolf. Indeed his fear of the tall and intimidating girl was so great that he spilled cola all down his front when she tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to move aside so that she could carry her tray to her table.
Stiles, who was with Seraphina in history class, sat as far away from her as he could and kept throwing nervous looks at her.
The class considered his behavior as jealousy. Stiles was earlier at the top of the class but now was losing the position to Seraphina, who's essay and projects were written in Prof. Boots opinion 'Like she has actually witnessed them.'

Allison Argent was feeling gloomy, very gloomy indeed. The reason for the gloom was evident. She had just received a big fat 'B' in her chemistry paper, despite telling her dad that it was a piece of cake. Such was her gloom that she walked right into another figure which had just emerged from the Chemistry class.
'Are you alright?' Scott asked, grasping Allison's shoulders to stop her bouncing back.
'What?' Allison asked 'Oh...yea...I suppose.'
'You look depressed.' Scott said 'B?'
Allison nodded 'Dad won't be pleased.'
'Well, I know something that would cheer you up.' Scott said smiling, as he took out two tickets from his bag.
'Scott!' Allison cried flinging her arms around Scott's neck 'They're my favorite band! Thank you so very much!'
'I told ya I could cheer you up!' Scott said 'I'll pick you up at five, okay?'
'Okay'
Then, with a light kiss on her lips, Scott McCall hurried off for his next class.
Allison could no longer remember what had made her gloomy anymore.

The door of the small jewelry shop tingled as Seraphina opened it.
'Hello?' she called out
An old, frail-looking man walked behind the counter. 'Yes?' he asked.
'Hi, I. Ummm, gave a nose ring for mending a while ago...Is it done, yet?' She asked.
The shopkeeper nodded and went in an inside room to retrieve the nose ring while Seraphina looked around. There were a few dusty shelves, holding chains which looked as if they hadn't been picked up in months.
'Here you go.' said the old man re-emerging from the inner door carrying the small, silver nose ring.
Seraphina took the ring from the old man's wafer thin hands and tried it on her pierced nose.
'Thank you so very much. I was sure you could mend it.' she said
'Oh yes...tricky piece it was...it looks ancient' he said 'belonged to your mother?'
Seraphina stopped adjusting the ring quite abruptly then smiled and looked at the old man 'You have no idea of its lineage.'
'Well, if you are looking for a replacement, then you might want to try one of these'. He said waving a hand over a tray with assortment of nose rings
'No thanks.' Seraphina said coldly 'How much?'
'$4.35, for the mending, $1.35 for reshaping... Your total comes to… $6.84 with tax.'
Seraphina handed the bills to the keeper and walked out of the shop and fired up her bike. The perfect union of crimson and violet covered the sky. Seraphina checked her watch. It was 7:00pm.
'Better get home fast.' she told herself and kicked started the bike.

Chris Argent opened the door.
'So you finally got it mended, huh?' he said smiling at the old nose ring.
'Yep.' Seraphina said
'You better go and wash up.' he whispered in Seraphina's ear 'Victoria is getting paranoid.'
Seraphina nodded and hurried up the stairs to the bedroom and opened the door.
Seraphina frowned as she looked at the empty room, where Allison normally sat. Seraphina went to the bathroom, splashed some water on her face ,washed her hands and headed down to the table to find Chris and Kate along with Victoria already seated there.
'Hey, where's Allison? Isn't it quite late?' she asked casually.
'Oh I expect she'll be back soon. She went out on a date with Scott' Kate said .
'She-WHAT?' said Seraphina standing up. Then without a word, she stormed out of the house.
Chris and Kate followed, looking absolutely alarmed . By the time they reached out of the house, Seraphina was already taking out her cross bow and pulling out the key from her pocket.
'Seraphina, what's up?' Chris asked
'Scott McCall.' she said fumbling with the bike's key which had hooked itself to Seraphina's jacket 'He's a werewolf'
Now it was Chris's turn to yell 'WHAT? And-And you're telling it to me NOW?!'
'Better late than never.' Seraphina said, still not looking up.
'My daughter dating a werewolf!' said Chris almost hysterically.
'I think we should hurry up if you want to see her alive!' snapped Seraphina as she finally managed to unhook the key.
Chris froze.
'She-She's my-my daughter, Seraphina'
'Didn't care that John called you brother, did you? You didn't stop me then, did you?' she put the key in ignition ' 'Don't forget, Chris-"Get a bite, Get a bullet."'
Seraphina kicked started the bike as Kate dragged Chris to the car and roared off into the darkness.

Scott and Allison were strolling through the woods.
'We should always take this route, through the woods I mean.' Allison said softly 'It gives us so much time to talk.'
Scott nodded. His senses were on extra alert. Scott personally didn't want to go through the woods, now that he knew what sort of 'creatures' inhabited it but Allison had insisted and Scott, like any good boyfriend, had obliged.
Suddenly, Scott stopped dead in his tracks.
'What's up?' Allison asked
Scott didn't reply. He had sensed movement behind him.
'Allison DUCK!' Scott pushed Allison's head down just as he yelled the last word and a big hairy beast leapt over them.
It hit the ground and positioned itself in front of the pair. Allison straightened. Her eyes widened as she saw the wolf standing in front of them. Scott had thrown a protective arm in front of Allison and his heart was thumping so loudly, he was surprised Allison couldn't hear it. There was no way in which Scott could protect Allison without revealing his true identity.
The wolf snarled and moved back, preparing for a big pounce, but before he could do so, an arrow went whizzing past and missed the wolf by bare inches. The wolf howled once and then ran into the woods.
Scott turned with the speed of a bullet to see Seraphina with a crossbow and hear her curse in a language he didn't understand.
With impossible speed, in probably less than a second, Seraphina was standing next to Allison.
Before Allison could fully acknowledge Seraphina's presence, she kept a hand on Allison's arm and Scott thought he saw a small needle pierce Allison's skin and she fell in Seraphina's arms, unconscious.
'What the-?' Began Scott but he was cut by the arrival of two more figures- Allison's father and aunt.
Seraphina Argent fired two arrows consecutively. Before Scott could react, the arrows had pinned him up to a nearby tree. Even in a situation like this, Scott couldn't help, but marvel at Seraphina's precise shot as the arrows hadn't got even an inch of skin but only the sides of his T-shirt.
'You bloody bastard!' Chris yelled literally charging towards the pinned-up Scott 'You filthy dog! How dare you go out with my daughter!'
'Chris' said Kate pulling him back and fizing Scott with a piercing stare. "He shall suffer the consequences.'
'And Chris' Seraphina said, still holding Allison's unconscious form. 'I think you ought to get Allison back home.'
Chris approached Seraphina and took Allison from her arms.
Scott sensed movement again and took in a familiar scent. The three hunters had their back to him. Maybe he could escape-
Without looking back, Seraphina twisted her arm and shot another arrow, this time at Scott's savior. Chris and Kate turned.
'Finally decided to show up?' Seraphina said with her back towards Scott 'Derek Hale.'
Seraphina finally turned, and smiled at her arrow which had penetrated Derek's arm and had pinned him next to Scott on the big, ancient, now blood stained tree.