*DGNA_Forever's request* The Red Bunny

Magical 21 //Story Request Shop -SHORT HIATUS! ☆

 

 

“Team one, Shishi fled in your direction. I repeat, Shishi fled in your direction!”

“Team two, understood. We have sighted him. I repeat, we have sighted him.”

“Understood.”

“Oh no! Team two, we have lost sight of Shishi! I repeat! We have lost sight of Shishi!”

‘! Not again…’ thought Jiho, the leader of team two, while pinching his nose bridge.

Jiho was a police officer and his team and the other one was after a terrorist codenamed Shshi.

Yes, just one terrorist. A terrorist dressed all black and wearing a red bunny mask. And what made it funnier was the fact that the two teams, a total of eight policemen, have been continously failing at arresting that one red bunny for the past seven weeks!

*-*-*

“I’m a failure of a police officer…” muttered Jiho before knocking on the chief’s door for his report.

As soon as he went inside the Office, the chief said “You failed again right? I will give you one last chance and if you fail once more, it is the end of this mission for you.”

“Yes, sir. Understood.” Jiho bowed and went out.

He looked at the time.

‘Oh, finally! Something good. Lunch break, yes!’

He quickly changed directions and ran outside the building towards his beloved Café Matoki across the street.

The moment he stepped inside the cafe, the nice smell of coffee and the waiter’s warm greeting welcomed him.

“The usual?” the waiter, Junhong, asked as he was taking seat.

“Ah, yes.” Jiho said absentmindedly, then corrected himself. “Ah! Change the mocha to black coffee please.”

Junhong nodded and went inside.

After ten minutes or so, he was back with the order.

“Feeling down?” he asked while placing the cup of coffee on the table.

“Nope, I’m super fine!” Jiho shot up a brow. “As you know, I LOOOVE black coffee!”

“Ah! I know! How can I not? You love it SOO much that you can normally only drink it with six spoons of sugar.”

“Whatever.” Jiho rolled his eyes.

“Anyway,” Junhong said with a soft voice. “I’m all ears if you want to talk about it.”

Jiho nodded while reaching out for his coffee and cake. Then he glanced up at the stil waiting Junhong and raised a brow.

“Oh, I2m waiting for your reaction since you didn’t ask for any sugar.” the younger man said. “I will record it and upload it to youtube.”

“You punk!” Jiho stood up. “Give me your phone!”

“No way in the tons of galaxies that exist!”

Whit saying that, Junhong went back inside and Jiho started eating his cake.

Thanks to Junhong though, he was already feeling beter.

‘So beter that I can feel the bitter taste of the coffee. Yucks!’

*-*-*

“Bro! I’m home! Big bro! Are you here? I said I’m home!” Junhong yelled while closing the door to his apartment.

“Yah! Don’t shout you noisy brat! I was sleeping.” his brother, Yongguk, said while coming out of their shared room. “What did you want?”

“Just…” Junhong stopped for a moment and looked at his feet. “Sorry for last night hyung. You were in danger because I was late.”

Yongguk smiled at his younger sibling and ruffled his hair. “All’s well if it ends well, right? Don’t think too much about it.”

“…Yeah.” Junhong smiled back.

‘shishi’ was Yongguk and Junhong had been helping him escape from the cops. But last night he had spotted Jiho with a transmitter in his hand, clearly hearing that he was talking about Shishi, and got flustered. That was the reason why he had arrived late and made Yongguk slow down, despite knowing it was risky.

He knew that Jiho was a cop but he didn’t know that he was the one trying to capture his brother.

He liked Jiho –and maybe even in a more than friendly way- and that was why he was feeling so guilty towards his brother now.

‘I couldn’t say it in the end.’ he thought while laying himself down on his bed.

Then, a thought came to his mind and he smirked.

*-*-*

“The usual?” Junhong greeted Jiho with a smile.

“Yeah.” Jiho answered. “Are you extra happy today or what?”

“Yup! So no witty comebacks today, sorry.” Junhong nodded.

“You look like a puppy.” Jiho blinked at the unusually bright Junhong.

“If that means I’m cute, thnaks!” Junhong blew a kiss and went away to bring his order.

At that moment, Jiho felt his heart skipping a beat.

*-*-*

“And then, that damned terrorist vanished!” Jiho said through his gritted teeth. “Oh sorry, you didn’t like me saying ‘terrorist’ here inside the cafe.”

Junhong gave him a smile and nodded. It wasn’t that he didn’t like him saying ‘terrorist’, it was just that he didn’t like it being said about his brother. But he couldn’t just come out and say it like that right?

“So, how many weeks has it been? This mission?” Junhong asked.

“Ah! This is the eleventh week, and that was my fourth last chance. Though, I think it is really the last this time.”

Junhong placed his hand on the older man’s in an assuring manner. “It won’t.”

“Do you know what Shishi was saying in his last message?” Jiho asked suddenly.

Surprised, Junhong blinked before saying “Oh yeah! Because I’m actually Shishi!” and then rolling his eyes. “How the hell could I possibly know? Didn’t you already erase it from the wall?”

Actually, he knew. How could he not when it was his brother writing them?”

“ ‘This is a war against crime, I will repay you in the exact same way’ !” Jiho said in a mocking tone. “What war against crime is he talking about huh? Though it is true that he is doing the same thing. That terrorist… Sorry.”

“No problem.” Junhong forced himself to smile.

“Aw man! You know, team one is appointed to another mission. “ Jiho said.

 ‘One less team?’ Junhong thought with a smile on his lips. ‘Lucky.’

“The chief thinks pursuing Shishi is futile, makes me thinks if he’s the o- oh ! Gotta go! Call me when your shift ends!” And, Jiho went away.

Junhong was finally where he wanted after four weeks. All his flirting had borne fruit. The two of them were just one step away from being ‘lovers’. At this point, he could easily make Jiho give him information.

*-*-*

“Oh great! Because of that ing drunk I had to stay longer! And I am late! Again! Hyung, please be safe!”

Today’s message would be written on a building at the center of Seoul and boy it was risky! There were no other buildings near it and Junhong seriously didn’t know why Yongguk had chosen that building.

Normally, Junhong would make use of the building close to the targeted one to help Yongguk escape. It would be easy, switching places with him and then making him go through the sewers. Of course, though, he wouldn’t put on any mask. He was just a normal citizen.

“Argh! ı shouldn’t have said that the number of cops were halved!” he muttered to himself while taking out his blue bunny mask.

Today he, too, would play the bunny as they were in an open area and he would have to risk himself for the sake of rescuing his brother.

Just as he was to put the mask on, he first heard the transmitter sounds then the voice of Jiho.

“Junhong..?” the transmitter sounds disappeared. “What are you doing with that mask..?”

‘’ Junhong thought while looking at Jiho’s face and smiling “Didn’t I say that I was Shishi? Well, that was obviously not true since Shishi is red, but I’m Toto –his brother.”

Jiho stood silent for a while, thinking of what to do in a situation like this, then decided to ask a question.

“What am I to you? Just answer me honestly.”

Junhong smiled again.

“You’re a tool,” Jiho pointed his gun toward him. “and, my love.”

*-*-*

Yongguk heard a gunshot not from too far away.

‘Isn’t that where we were supposed to meet?’ he thought while starting to run faster.

Anxiety was eating his whole being away.

When he arrived at their meeting point, he saw Junhong’s body in the arms of a policeman.

With anger and pain boiled up in him, he attempted to attack the policeman but was stopped by a voice saying “Stop hyung. Let’s just run away.”

Junhong was still alive and he was grabbing his wrist.

Yongguk nodded while still looking at the policeman and then started running after Junhong.

*-*-*

They were at the cafe, the three of them. And Jiho was interrogating them, kind of.

“So are you saying that all Yongguk hyung wanted to do was to aanounce the wrongs of the society? Through graffitti?”

“Yeah…” Yongguk hyung his lead low. “I didn’t know the police would take it so serious. But it kind of excited me, so I thought of playing along for a while…”

Jiho couldn’t believe his ears.

“Hyung, let me ask you one more thing. What is your real job?”

“Huh?” Yongguk exclaimed. “I thought it was obvious. I’m a songwriter.”

‘Makes sense…’ Jiho thought.

“So, why were you hugging Junhong?” Yongguk suddenly asked.

He had relaxed since the little misunderstanding between the police and himself was cleared and was ready to attack.

“Ugh…” Jiho smiled awkwardly, trying to find something.

But Junhong answered the question instead of him.

“We’re going out hyung. You’re approving right? Thanks!”

 

____________________________

Sorry for the long wait! 

Our exam schedule was announced this week and they were like next week *thanks university for telling us beforehand >.>*

So I had to start studying *and a law student studying for exams means they have to read until they drop dead*

But here it is! The long awaited Jeji! *I love their Korean pronounciation, sorry!*

I hope you've liked it despite some weird parts that could be better thought. *I think I at writing this kind of thing too, big time...* >.<