*JASDCV's request* I Will Tell You a Nice Story

Magical 21 //Story Request Shop -SHORT HIATUS! ☆

 

 

“I’m asking fort he last time, miss you. Where is your partner?”

“And I’m telling you for the last time that I don’t know Mrs. Police officer. I don’t ing know where here is or what he has been doing for the past for years!”

The female officer sighed, she had long realized that you was saying the truth. Finally, she got up and said “I give up. Let’s get you to your cell.”

you shrugged “Fine with me.” and started following the officer whom she was handcuffed to. “By the way, could you please get me executioned?”

The officer, Jane Hawkeye, had seen many types of criminals: serial killers who were obsessed w-ith eternal youth, drug dealers who believed they were selling the fruits of heaven, thieves who thought they were Robin Hood’s descendants… But never once had she heard such a request from one of them. She was shocked, utterly shocked.

“What?!” she managed to say, while putting you in her cell. They had long before arrived.

“Kill me, because that person is probably waiting for me in hell.” she answered with a sad smile.

“I’m… I’m…” Jane Hawkeye shook her head and started walking away.

She was talking to herself.

“What the actual hell? Should I go back and squeeze the reason of that bull out of her?”

For a second, she had really, REALLY wanted to do that. To grab that ing psychotic assassin’s collar and make her talk.

But, she shook her head to get rid of that ridiculous thought and concentrated on walking.

‘What would I gain, preying into that person’s past?’

Then, she heard a voice calling her. It was her voice, that person’s. The assassin’s. But it was in a totally different tone than a moment ago.

“Jane Hawkeye, let me ask you a question. How’s Helene doing?”

Jane stopped in her tracks and turned towards her.

“How do you know her?” she asked, a brow raised.

“Oh-hoh-ho… I see someone didn’t study.” you said mockingly. “I was her partner, hun.”

Then, seeing the shock on Jane’s face, she let out a laugh.

“Come here, girl. I will tell you a nice story.”

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

It was about ten years ago, I was 22 and I was a rookie police officer. They had partnered me up with Helene, one of the best officers. At that time, I was also a newlywed. I was married to another rookie officer, Kris, whom I dearly loved. You can probably guess how happy and blessed I felt at that time.

For five years, we worked with all we got for the sake of justice. Well, at least that was what I and my partner, my dear teacher and friend Helene, were doing. I had learned much later that that wasn’t the only thing Kris was doing.

On a rainy Saturday, to celebrate both the success of another case and Helene’s 38th birthday, the two of us went to a restaurant for dinner. We were eating and talking and having the fun of our life.

You see, I really loved and respected Helene. She was everything I wished to be and she was the cause of everything I had achieved. And, believe me or not, I still feel the same way towards her.

While we were having some drinks after our delicious meal, a call came.

Helene picked it up and started listening to the person on the other side of the line. But with every word the other person was saying, Helene’s face was getting darker and darker. And sadder.

When the person finished, Helene just answered with a firm “Okay.” and hung up.

She, then, turned to me and started talking, or rather, started trying to find the right words to start talking.

you, I don’t know where to begin or how to begin…” she finally said after a good five minutes of wait. “It seems… your husband, Kris, was working with the mafia and you’re also a suspect for the case. They said to bring you as soon as possible.”

Do you  know how I felt at that moment? You don’t? Well, me too. I don’t know how I was feeling at that time or if I was feeling anything at all.

I just said “Okay.” to Helene, in the same tone she had used a while ago on the phone, and let her drag me to her car and bring me to the station.

If I think about it now, it was probably because it was Helene who took me into custody that I didn’t protest or did  anything reckless.

She, along with the one calling her, questioned me for hours until the other person was convinced that I wasn’t in any way involved or knew anything about it.

After that, I requested to talk with Kris. They, especially Helene, were hesitant but gave me permission anyway.

I quickly made my way to the cell. He was there, waiting for me, in this very cell.

“Hey,” he said with a sweet smile. “I missed you.”

“Hey.” I said with the same expression. He was, after all,  my beloved husband despite everything he had done.

After a few minutes of gazing into each other’s eyes, I said “Care to explain me what happened?”

He nodded and started talking.

“It was about one and half a year ago, I started questioning the ‘justice’ we were fighting for. Were we really right in our doings? Did we punish the right people in the right way? The conclusion I came to was, no we absolutely weren’t serving justice to anyone in any way. So I started searching for a more effective method and that was when I came across the people I was working with. They were mafia, okay. But they weren’t in any way in the way of justice. In fact, they were serving a whole lot better justice than ours. So I joined them. Everything was going perfect until that one jealous fellow came and ratted me to the police. He was jealous that even though I was the same as them, I was being viewed as a hero in the eyes of general public because of my police officer title. Then viola, here I am!”

He was ed up on the head, I could clearly see it. Even though I loved him, I couldn’t stand being his wife any longer. So I said “Kris, we’re getting a divorce. Right now!”

He didn’t say anything, just gave me a sad smile and a nod.

The next week, we were already divorced and total strangers to each other.

Truthfully, I hadn’t thought that it would be this fast. I think I wanted to be his wife for a while longer even though I really, honestly couldn’t stand being the wife of someone who was so messed up in the head. I loved him after all. I still love him.

For a year, I worked as if nothing happened. As if, Kris had never existed in my life. But I was the only one acting like that. All of my co-workers, except Helene, looked at me as if I was the one who did the crimes Kris had done.

And then finally, I lost my sanity and went to Kris’ accomplices. It seems they were very fond of Kris so they welcomed me with open arms. Together, we made a plan to get Kris out of the prison.

The plan was a huge success, at least the first part which was getting Kris out of there. But the second part, fleeing, it was a disaster on my side.

After getting Kris, we went back to the car we came with and the engine started running. I was expecting the car to move but no such thing happened. Instead, the driver pointed a gun at us and said “Sorry, you know our faces and our hideout. And you Kris, you even told about us to some wench.”

They were going to exterminate us. That was the only thing on my mind at that moment when I took out my gun hidden on my foreleg and shot the four people inside the car in a matter of seconds. Later, I learned that only the driver was dead and the other three were just heavily wounded.

While trying to get away from there, we ran into another of their man. I hadn’t known any more of them coming so I was totally surprised when someone shot from behind us. Then, another shoot came this time from the left. And then another from the back. And another, and another…

I figured there were about five men that were slowly closing in on us and I could feel that Kris had too, figured that.

you,” Kris whispered to me. “Run.”

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it while saying “No way in hell.”

He repeated in a more firm tone “Run.”              

I looked him in the eye and saw every feeling in his heart at that time. Sadness, desperateness, happiness, braveness… and love.

Biting my lips, I nodded and let go of his hand, giving him my gun before starting to run.

And thanks to him, I got away. He had shot the man who was in front of me and the ones aiming their guns towards me.

Thanks to him, I got away and witnessed him being dragged to somewhere.

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

“I still don’t know what happened to  him. The people who took him were wounded so he could’ve gotten away. I hope that he got away. But if he couldn’t, then I know that he was shot to death after they were out of my sight. I don’t know why they’re calling me an assassin though. Just shooting some people for the sake of saving myself can’t really be considered assassination right? Even when they arrested me, I was working in an orphanage.”

Jane Hawkeye was in disbelief. She couldn’t believe what she had heard but she knew that everything she heard was true.

The person she thought was an assassin was just another victim. And she really just wanted to be together with her loved one.

“But then again,” you continued. “He would find me if he was alive, right?”

Jane Hawkeye didn’t know any  better than just smile at her and turn around to walk away.

“Say hello to Helene for me, huh?” was the last thing Jane Hawkeye heard from you.

 

Three months later, she heard from some people present at the trial that you had requested the same thing from the judge. But she couldn’t get any further information because that was the only thing they were willing to say.

“What the hell happened there?” she thought to herself while going inside an orphanage.

 

 

_____________________________________

Soooooooooo sorry for the long wait! >.<"

As I've said before, I had a huge case of writing block this whole time so I'm not very confident in my story.

I don't know if it was to your taste but I hope you liked it. ^^

Have a good day and thank you for requesting! ^^