MAN IN LOVE: CHAPTER 3

Daydreaming

 

MAN IN LOVE: CHAPTER 3
"Who wouldn't want to see me come out of a cake..."
"Okay team!" Woohyun stood in the center of the large group - clapping his hands. Both Miyoung's friends and the entirety of Infinite (minus Sunggyu who had stayed home with Miyoung to continue planning wedding details), looked bored. They were at one of Gangnam's largest malls, trying to get everything Miyoung had requested on her list.
"We're here on a mission! We're here to help give our friends the best wedding of-"
"Yeah yeah we know Woohyun, we were all there when she gave us our 'assignments.' We don't need the recap." 
Sooyeon gave Nabi a look, gesturing for her to be kinder. Woohyun continued nonetheless, chirpy. "So first things first! Dari, Dongwoo, you're the maid of honor and best man, so...do whatever you guys need to do." 
"Don't need to tell us twice." Dari started walking off to explore with Dongwoo not far behind.
Before he walked away he placed his hand on Sungyeol's shoulder, giving him a cocky grin and a simple "have funnnn," before running to catch up with Dari. Sungyeol rolled his eyes, muttering under his breath, "asshat."
"NEXT UP!" Woohyun pointed to Nabi and Sungjong, handing them a list that Miyoung gave him. "Nabi, you're in charge of making the cake, so Miyoung said do whatever you want, just as long as there's lots of chocolate. Sungjong is going to help you."
"Yeah yeah whatever..." Nabi grabbed the list and began to walk off without Sungjong, already thinking of all the possible cakes she could make for her friend. 
Woohyun turned to Yuki and Howon next. "Just go pick up these things from the store over there, it might be kind of heavy so you might want to let Howon handle it or call someone to-"
"I can handle it," Yuki intejected. "It's Howon you should be worried about," she snorted.
Howon rolled his eyes, annoyed. "As if." 
The two (although just having met) did not get along very well for some unknown reason. It might have been something to do with her extremely competitive nature, and his annoyance for such. He walked off without her, unhappy that he was paired up with her of all people. Why couldn't I have stayed home with Hyung and Miyoung...
She shrugged and followed, she couldn't care less what he thought of her.
"....well hopefully that doesn't end poorly. Anyway. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, Sooyeon and Myungsoo. Miyoung wants you to go look for bridesmaid dresses you might like, pick up the save the date cards, and whatever else she wrote on this long list.." he trailed off as he handed Myungsoo the paper. "It's kind of a lot."
Sooyeon nodded, confident. "Don't worry, we have it covered." 
Myungsoo said nothing but nodded as well.
Soon it was just Sungyeol and Woohyun. Sungyeol looked around. "Soooo. What now?"
Woohyun shrugged. "Not sure. She made me in charge of telling everyone else what to do."
Sungyeol stuck out his lower lip. "She didn't tell me to do anything."
"That's because you're unrealiable."
"Am not!"
"...Okay maybe just a little."
"Wanna get smoothies then?"
"You're buying!"
xXx 
Back home, Sunggyu and Miyoung were sitting at the kitchen counter, looking over the stacks and stacks of paper filled with flowers, dresses, seating, venues...etc.
Miyoung sighed, overwhelmed. "Do you think you're rushing it?"
Sunggyu understood that Miyoung was easily stressed, and he also knew that planning this all on her own had not been easy on her. He had tried to help when he could, but he knew that a majority of the planning still fell on her shoulders.
He grabbed her hand from across the counter, squeezing it gently. "Hey, look at me. It's going to be fine. I just want to get married to you as soon as possible. You're my world, you helped me when I thought no one could. I just want to be with you forever." He smiled reasuringly. "If you want to wait a little longer I understand - I'll wait as long as you want to." 
Miyoung smiled and placed his hand on her cheek, shaking her head gently. "No, I don't want to wait either. I just don't know how everyone will react once they find out..." 
Sunggyu gently patted her cheek and nodded confidently. "Don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you. Everyone already knows we're dating - remember when I first announced it on our fancafe?"
Miyoung laughed, "Yeah, that was pretty crazy." And it was. It was extremely sudden and out of the blue - there was of course backlash (as there always is with these sorts of things), but for the most part many fans had been extremely supportive. 
"It's only a matter of time then that we would get married right? Don't worry Miyoung, I love you."
"I love you too."
xXx
Dari and Dongwoo sat on a bench in front of the mall's water fountain, staring. "I honestly have no idea what she expects us to do."
"Me neither," Dongwoo sighed. "This is so weird," he laughed. He looked at Dari, somewhat in amazement. "Our best friends are getting married." 
"I know right? Who would have ever guessed those two would have found each other." She rolled her eyes, before leaning her arms on her knees. "But...think about it. Our best friends are getting married! What are we supposed to do now? I'm not talking about planning and whatever - they're not going to have time to deal with our singles drama anymore."
Dongwoo groaned, "You're right....When I need a wingman, who am I going to call? Sungyeol?? I don't think so! And don't get me started on Woohyun - WAIT A SECOND! I HAVE AN IDEA!"
Dari turned her head to look up at him, her hair falling on her face. "It's not about the you coming out of the cake thing right because I don't think Miyoung would be down-" 
"No not that! But think about it a little more I mean who wouldn't want to see me come out of a cake wearing only-" 
"Get to the point."
"Let's be best friends!" 
Dari laughed, "are you serious?"
"Yeah! Why not? I mean I'm sure they'll make time for us but we need someone to talk to for our stupid problems and we can't go to them with every dumb thing we do - so let's be best friends."
Dari thought it over for a second, before shrugging and holding her hand out. "I don't have anything to lose."
"That's the spirit! ...I think." he grinned and shook her hand, warmth spreading from the contact. 
Dari ignored it and pulled her hand away, a small smile gracing her lips. He's so weird. It's cute.
"So about the cake...."
xXx
Sooyeon and Myungsoo had quickly and efficiently completed the long list of tasks that Miyoung had assigned them - from picking up the save the date cards to even finding the cutest outdoor seating set, the two didn't have a problem with anything. 
So now they sat in silence, sitting across each other at a food court table. The two hadn't spoken a word to each other unless it was absolutely neccessary, such as "Can you go pick up the cards while I wait for him to show me the flowers?" 
Sooyeon was sizing him up - trying to gauge whether he had been a good friend to Miyoung, trying to find out as much information about her relationship with Sunggyu and the other boys. 
Myungsoo on the other hand, was just shy, and didn't know how to talk to someone so pretty. 
"When did Sunggyu and Miyoung first meet?" Sooyeon interrogated.
"Um." was all he managed to spit out. 
She raised her brow, waiting. 
"I think it was three years ago in Sangsoo." he finally managed to say.
Silence.
"And then they met again a few months later in the same place. Yeah." 
Sooyeon nodded, staring straight at him. "Did he tell you about her right away?"
"He told us as soon as he liked her," he blurted out. "It was probably after they met in Sangsoo a third time. "They just kept running into each other so eventually they started talking."
Before he knew it the words seemed to flow without a second thought. "After they met that third time he came back to the dorm really late. We didn't usually ask where he went but he told us that he met this girl - and that he knew she was the one for him." 
Sooyeon nodded, and Myungsoo continued his story.
"He wanted to ask us if it was okay to start dating, since all Sunggyu hyung cares about is the group. He wanted us to be okay with it. The others weren't too sure - they thought that she might hurt him, but I knew that we could trust hyung,"
"He's a really good guy," he continued to gush. "He's never done anything to hurt her and he always puts her first. I remember one time she got really sick and he stayed by her side the entire time. He was so scared for her. He really loves her so please don't think bad of him or her for not telling you. And she's a part of our family too and and we've always protected her - he faltered a bit, becoming shy once more. He might have said too much.
He cleared his throat and shyly looked away. "..Anyway they started dating a few months later." 
Sooyeon smiled and finally looked away from the flustered boy. 
She supposed that she could probably trust them, or at the very least, him.
xXx
"Um, sir, madam, are you sure that you don't need any help with that?" an employee asked.
"We're. Fine." Howon huffed, caring large boxes from one end of the store to the other. 
"What, can't keep up?" Yuki laughed, moving the heavy objects with ease. 
"Shut up," Howon scowled. "I didn't know that someone could be this annoying."
"Ditto pretty boy." Yuki bit back. 
Howon ignored her and continued to carry things from and too the front were the car was waiting to take all the things back to the house.
It had started off...poorly and continued to go south when Howon had offered to carry all the heavy things. Yuki, offended, had grabbed the heaviest thing she could find and carried it on her own, and eventually the two were having their own 'I bet I can carry it to the end of the store faster than you,' competition. 
Eventually, the two ran out of things to carry, with the exception of a very large mysterious box. 
Yuki went to go lift it, but to her surprise, could not. Howon stood behind her, watching, before snorting. "You know I'll help you if you just ask nicely right?"
"Shut up I can do this on my own," Yuki growled. 
"Sure." 
So he took a seat, and she waited.
No way am I going to ask him for help, she cursed internally. 
5 minutes passed. Then 10. She didn't give up. Howon would be lying if he said that he wasn't impressed. Jeez if only she wasn't so stubborn. He found himself getting up, and walking towards her, ready to help.
Noticing, Yuki began, "I don't need your help, just give me one more sec-"
"Shut up. There's nothing wrong with asking for help from time to time. Even if you think you can do it alone, it's easier if you have others around to help." he paused. "I'm not doing this for you, I just want to get out of here. Now let's just lift on the count of three okay?"
Yuki was taken aback, annoyed but a tad grateful. "Wow, who knew pretty boy could be so deep?"
"I have my charms. Ready? 1, 2, 3."
xXx
"Can't forget about the frosting. Here hold this. Ohhhh look at these pipes..."
"Um Nabi?"
"Yes?"
"Do I really have to hold all this?" Sungjong asked, arms filmed to the brim with various bags of flour, butter, salt and other ingredients. "Can't we just get a cart?"
"No. It builds...character."
He rolled his eyes but complied, she was Miyoung's friend, and he knew that she could be sassy. "Fine but I'm not holding anything else for you."
"Whatever." She continued to look at the various assortments of cake pipes.
Sungjong grabbed a flat tip, and handed it to the girl. "Use this, Miyoung likes simple stuff. I can teach you how to do the roses she really likes." He grabbed another box from the lower shelf with his free hand, "Use this color too, it's one of her favorites."
He tossed it to her and headed towards the front of the store to go pay, leaving Nabi do gawk. "H-Hey! We're not done yet!"
"Yes we are," he continued to walk, "We're not going to find anything else here, but there's another store across the mall that has everything else we need."
Nabi scoffed but followed the boy anyway, "since when do you know so much about making cakes?"
Sungjong shrugged. "I have a lot of free time to bake."
Nabi smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder, before taking a few objects from his grasp. "I think we're going to get along just fine maknae."
Sungjong grinned. "Well we better hurry, everyone should be getting home soon." 
xXx 
"We're back." Sooyeon called as she opened the door. Within a matter of seconds the rest began to flood in, bringing in bags and bags of random things. 
"I brought back the save the date cards," Sungyeol screamed, rushing towards Miyoung's side and setting them down gently on the table. 
"Thanks Yeol," she smiled. 
"See, I can be helpful." 
"Sometimes."
"Technically Myungsoo and Sooyeon got them, you just brought them in," Woohyun pointed out. 
"Shut up." 
Howon was the next to walk in with Yuki, carrying the mysterious box together. "Jeez Miyoung what could you have possibly ordered, this is the heaviest thing I've ever carried." 
"Oh uh. Those are rocks for the pond out back." she laughed nervously and just asked them to place them on the floor, Sunggyu would take care of it later. Whew that was close...
Next were Nabi and Sungjong with three or four bags of baking materials. The two were chatting away enthusiastically, discussing all their possible cake creations. 
"Sungjong did you really need to buy this much??" Sunggyu eyed the bags skeptically. 
"Of course," he nodded and with a smile before adding, "besides it wasn't our money we were spending." 
Nabi snickered and the two headed towards the kitchen leaving Sunggyu to facepalm. 
Dongwoo and Dari were the last to walk in, walking in boxes of food. "Guess who's the greatest maid of honor best man duo on earth?" she called out. 
"That's right us!" Dongwoo grinned. "Tonight we feast on chicken and beer!" 
Miyoung pressed her hand to her chest dramatically, "I could marry you. My heroes." 
"I'm offended." Sunggyu mockingly placed a hand on his chest as well. 
Miyoung elbowed him and the the four laughed. "Let's get this party started!" 
xXx
"Okay, but do you remember when you blamed Sungyeol for breaking that vase hyung?" Woohyun slurred.
"OF COURSE I DID WOOHYUN!" Sunggyu cried from inside. "I loved that vase...!"
"It was actually me!" Woohyun laughed hysterically, hugging his beer can close to his chest. 
...and so the girls went out to the patio while the boys stayed inside, drunk off their minds. Dari, Sooyeon, Yuki and Nabi each sat in a beach chair, with Miyoung sitting on the floor by Dari's feet. 
"So did you guys have fun today?" Miyoung asked before she took another bite of her chicken.
"Yeah!" Dari nodded, lounging on her chair. "Dongwoo is a real weirdo but it was fun." She reached over and took a chicken wing from her best friend.
"Well at least you two had a good time," Yuki groaned. "Howon was being such an...ugh." 
"Why?" Sooyeon tilted her head, curious. 
"I don't know. There's just something about us that just doesn't mix." she responded.
"...Or mayybee you can't stand the fact that you might have actually found your equal?" Nabi rolled her eyes. 
"She has a point." Miyoung nodded.
"No way," Yuki scoffed. "As if I'd ever consider him my equal."
"I bet you all 5 bucks that she's going to fall in love with him someday." 
"GROSS."
"Anywayyyy, I hope that you guys will have a lot of fun while you're here. And I hope you'll be able to spend more time with Gyu, I think you guys will really like him."
"Well I like him so far." Dari patted her friend's head reassuringly.
The five then sat in comfortable silence.
"I miss this."
"Me too. When's the last time we were all like this?"
"I dunno, freshman year of college?" 
"Maybe we should just come live with you." 
"No." Miyoung laughed before she got up and headed towards the door leading back inside. "The day that happens is the day I turn into a flying pig."
She then left the patio, leaving the four staring at the midnight sky.  
"You know," Dari started, "Korea isn't all that bad. I could study the marine life here."
"I could open a new cafe here," Nabi mused.
"I could start learning from the Masters," Yuki nodded. 
They all looked at their appointed mother for her opinion on the idea. Sooyeon wasn't the type to just pick up and move all of her things halfway across the world without a second thought. She was rational, which is why they all looked to her in moments like this, BUT she did have to admit that she missed this and being closer to her friend would be nice. 
"Maybe we should." she finally spoke.
xXx
Days passed where the five of them reminisced on their past and continued to plan Miyoung's wedding. It was the most fun that they had in a long time, and before they knew it, it was time for them to go back home. 
Miyoung was the most upset by their leave, the day she left she had spent all night crying in Sunggyu's arms. It was hard, but he had finally reminded her that they would be seeing each other in a few months again before the wedding. 
A day passed, then two, then three, before two weeks had passed.
One day, Miyoung was awoken by an annoying cascade of ding's from the front door. Groggily and sleepily, she rose from the sofa with her buritto blanket where she and Sunggyu had slept the night before for movie night.
"Who the flipping duck knocks on the door at 8 AM??" she groaned before she opened the door. Everyone knew that she and Sunggyu slept in if they could help it - and would either 1) not even bother going over before 11 or 2) use their spare key to get in and entertain themselves as quietly as possible until their friends decided to wake up. 
"Who is it Mi," Sunggyu rubbed his eyes sleepily and walked up to the door, curious as to why she wasn't responding.  
"SURPRISE!" A new voice cheered. "We're moving in with you." 
"What."    
 duixing: lol what's next hell if i know