「ORDER UP!」

Daydreaming

 

「ORDER UP!」
"DID YOU JUST BITE ME?"
"Order up!"
A light ding! rang through the café as Jackson tapped the bell; swerving just in time to avoid the waitress heading to take the customers orders.
"Oppa this isn't a fast food restaurant, go put that annoying bell away. And don't you dare run into me! I can't afford to get fired now," the waitress playfully scolded.
Jackson rolled his eyes and threw his towel over his uniform, calling back to her, "Hey I have seniority! Don't tell me what to do!"
The female ignored him and walked to the next table, smiling brightly. "Hello and welcome to Cafe Coco, my name is Miyoung..."
Jackson stuck his tongue out and rounded the corner, ready to take the next order. He leaned against the barista counter, mumbling under his breath, "I have seniority, and my bell isn't annoying, it gives us character..."
"No it's definitely annoying," a new voice chimed in.
Jackson whipped his head around, ready to counter before he realized who it was. His face immediately brightened and he held out his arms. "Mark hyung!"
"That's me," he patted Jackson's shoulder and moved off to the side to put his apron on.
Jackson huffed and he looked over his hyung, "It's not annoying. It's effective. It lets Miyoung know when she should come back and pick up the lattes and the cakes or when we have team meetings and stuff!"
Mark said nothing and continued to tied his apron. "Or you can just, you know, tell her that the lattes are ready." He ran a hand through his platinum blonde hair and gave the younger a look.
Jackson opened his mouth to counter, but nothing came out.
"..."
"touché."
Mark rolled his eyes and gently shoved his best friend, "So stop with the bell and get to work."
He checked over his uniform once more to make sure everything was in place. It was simple but classy, a white long sleeved button up and black pants with a black apron. It was only because of Taecyeon who miraculously convinced Junsu to not let them wear the cheesy standard café uniforms. Shoes didn't matter as long as they weren't in too bad shape. For the girls it was the same dress code, but they had the choice to wear a skirt if desired.
Mark blessed his hyung mentally before making his way to the counter, Jackson following close behind. It was a pretty slow day (which was rare for them), these days came only once in a blue moon.
Miyoung hopped to the front of the counter and slapped two pieces of paper down, looking at Jackson with fake distain. "One half shot latte and a pumpkin spice latte." She narrowed her brown eyes and pointed at Jackson, "Oppa just call me when you finish the order. If I hear that bell one more time I'll call Jaebum Oppa."
Jackson stuck his tongue out and before Mark knew it the two were suddenly having a childish argument on who deserved Jaebum's love more.
Mark rolled his eyes and began working on the second order - a little confused. "Most people don't order pumpkin spice lattes this late into fall. Can't be a regular...who ordered this Miyoung?"
Miyoung took a break from her heated argument with Jackson and looked at Mark, shrugging innocently. "It's not that strange I guess. It was table 3." She pointed from behind the counter and the two turned simultaneously.
Jackson gulped. At table 3 sat the most beautiful girl he had ever seen - she sat with her face in her hand, staring blankly into space. She let out a small sigh, bored. Jackson could feel his heart thudding in his chest.
"Who is that?" Mark mumbled, just as awe struck.
Miyoung opened to respond but before she could Jackson placed his hand over , "Shhhh Miyoung. An angel is in our presence."
Miyoung glared and suddenly Jackson yelped, taking his hand back in shock. "Did you just bite me??"
Miyoung nodded curtly, annoyed. "Yes."
He looked at her in disbelief. "You just bit me."
"I did."
"WHY??"
Miyoung stepped forward, a dark look on her face. "One. Because you didn't let me finish talking. Two. YOU HAVE ORDERS TO DO. SO START WORKING!"
Jackson and Mark both jumped, startled. Miyoung rarely got mad at them - but when she did it was scary.
"Yes ma'm!" Jackson scrambled to complete the first order.
Miyoung nodded, content.
Mark finished his order in fear of being scolded and carefully slid it towards Miyoung, scared that she was going to bite him too. "It's done."
"Thanks Oppa!" She happily cheered and walked off to were the beautiful girl was waiting, happily gave her her coffee, exchanged a few words, and walked away to take more orders.
Mark just continued to stare at the mysterious girl however, curious. Who was she?
Jackson finished his order as well, and soon enough the two of them were both staring at her.
"She's pretty," Jackson commented.
"Yeah.." Mark mumbled.
The two froze, looked at each other, and then the argument started.
"No."
"No what?"
"Don't do it hoe."
"Don't do what?"
"Don't go talk to her, I was going to do that!"
"I wasn't going to talk to her!"
"Yes you were!"
"No Jackson, I really wasn't."
"Liar!" 
"I'm not!"
"Okay good!"
"..but maybe I will now!"
The two entered a sudden showdown.
"...."
"...."
"First one there gets to talk to her!"
They both made a break for the table, rushing to the girl's table. Mark was faster though, and made a skidded stop right in front of the girl. Jackson cursed and trudged his way back to the barista counter, sulking.
"Um. Hi." Mark nervously smiled.
The girl looked up at him, confused. "Hello?"
"I. Uh. I just wanted to come over and make sure that the latte was to your expectations."
That was stupid.
"My latte? Oh. Its delicious." the female smiled, and Mark swore he could almost hear his heart skip a beat.
"That's great! I didn't know if it was okay, I don't make too many of those here. Especially this late into the year."
"No no it tastes fine! Great actually. The best I've had in awhile. I just want to drink as much of it as I possibly can before it's out of season." she pinked slightly and smiled, Mark awkwardly letting out a small smile of his own.
"I'm Dari," she said. "Kang Dari."
"Oh I'm Mark. It's nice to meet you."
"It's nice to meet you too. But is that all you wanted to ask me about or..."
"Oh um yeah. I mean I just wanted to make sure that you were satisfied with your order. And if you need anything else just to let me know." He smiled politely, but he was sweating bullets.
"Yeah I'm okay," she smiled brightly in response, "Thank you!"
"Alright cool," Mark slowly began to walk back towards the counter, awkward as ever. 
"Well, it was nice meeting you Dari. You should come by more often. I'll make you a pumpkin spice latte whenever you need it."
Dari blushed and nodded cutely, "I might take you up on that."
"Cool," he breathed.
He bumped into a display, and cursed internally. He looked like an idiot. He waved goodbye to her and made his way back to the counter.
"Screw you," Jackson groaned. "While you were off flirting Miyoung came by and gave me all these orders."
Mark laughed and shrugged. "You snooze you lose man. Better luck next time."
Jackson stood horrified, "Oh god you didn't ask her out did you? THAT'S NOT FAIR, WE DIDN'T AGREE-"
Mark shook his head, "No it's nothing like that, but I have a feeling that she's going to be coming by a lot more."
"What's her name?" 
"Dari."
"Dari?" Jackson paused from his order, before going back to work. "That sounds really familiar...." 
As the end of their shift rolled by Mark continued to steal glances at Dari - effectively blocking Jackson's attempts to talk to her by loading him with all the work - and she him. 
"Jackson, Mark Oppa, our shift is over. Yugyeom and Bambam said that they're almost here so we can leave early." Miyoung placed her apron on the counter and smiled happily.
"Woo!" Jackson cheered, throwing his apron on the counter as well.
Mark looked back at table 3, surprised that Dari was still there. "That's odd..." he murmured.
"What's odd?" Jackson followed his hyung's eyes and landed on Dari as well. "Ohhhh I see. She wants some of the Jackson to come over there, that's why she hasn't left yet." He laughed and began to prep himself to walk over and talk to her, before an apron hit his face.
"Stupid. Don't talk to her." Miyoung then skipped over to Dari and tapped on her head not-so-lightly. "Sorry you had to deal with the idiots. Are you ready to go?"
Dari brushed her short brown hair back and shook her head. "No no they're not idiots, they're cute."
Miyoung gagged and placed an arm around the girl's shoulder. "I told you about JB and Yugyeom but just wait till I tell you about these fools. They're on a whole different level."
She turned to Mark and Jackson who both looked between the two, confused. "Idiots, this is Dari. My best friend. So if I find out that the two of you are playing around with her, you're dead." She glared and gave the two 'I'm warning you looks' before turning the other way and walking out the door.
Dari blushed and turned her head around once more to wave at the two boys, slightly embarrassed.
As the two girls walked out, Jackson could have sworn Dari say, "They're both so cute though...I doubt they're that bad."
Jackson and Mark looked at each other dumbstruck.
"....well on the bright side now we know how to get in contact with her."
"...but now we have to go through Miyoung first."
"Right."
The two shuddered.
It was a challenge they were willing to take.
 duixing: #formychingu basically like a fic exchange i guess?? idk this is sorry man i tried.