MAN IN LOVE : CHAPTER 1

Daydreaming

 

MAN IN LOVE : CHAPTER 1
"NO no IT'S NOT KYUHYUN."
"Where is she?" Yuki mumbled under her breath, growing more worried by the second.
Nabi shrugged and took another scoop of her green tea ice cream. "I'm sure she'll be here soon - she's just running late as usual. Right Umma?"
Sooyeon nodded and took a sip of her water. "She'll be here soon, don't worry Yuki."
Yuki sighed and turned to the older female who sat besides her, exasperated. "Unnie?"
Dari sighed before taking a sip of her chocolate shake, responding back, "I mean it's not unusual for her to be running late. But it has been awhile.."
"Thank you!" Yuki threw up her arms in exasperation, relieved that someone shared her concern. The four girls were waiting at their favorite ice cream shop for their friend who was scheduled to land back in Los Angeles today. She would be returning from her studies as a graduate student at Yonsei University.
She as usual - was running late.
The girls were excited to see their friend, but with the more time that passed, the more concerned they became.
Finally the front door bell rang, and a girl ran in out of breath, frantically searching.
"Miyoung!" Nabi cheered.
The female turned towards her group of friends and smiled happily - she was finally home.
"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I'm late guys! My flight was delayed and I had to run all the way over here."
Miyoung made her way around the table, hugging everyone in sight before finally sitting down besides her best friend Dari.
"How was Yonsei??" Her best friend questioned. "You have to tell us everything!"
Miyoung opened to respond when Nabi cut her off. "Yeah maknae did you see any cute guys? And did you finally get me Shim Changmin?"
The youngest laughed lightly and used her free hand to push her hair back. "Yonsei is amazing - I'm actually thinking of getting a part time job as an English tutor - and there are some pretty good looking guys, sadly Shim Changmin was not available, but I could probably get you Sungjong."
Nabi rolled her eyes, snorting. "Yeah as if that could happen."
Sooyeon smiled and patted the youngest's arm, asking the question they had all been dying to know the answer to. "I expect that you have a pretty big reason for coming back to LA? Especially in the middle of the school year?" She gave Miyoung a disapproving look.
Miyoung laughed awkwardly and waved off her mother like friend - it was impossible to let anything slip by her.
"Yeah, what was with the sudden 'Hey guys I'm flying to America in 2 days - for the first time in 3 years if I might add - and I need you guys to meet me at our favorite shop on Friday so we can talk'?" Dari poked her best friend teasingly.
Yuki frowned and cracked her knuckles. "Is it important? Do I need to beat someone up because if neccessary I will shove my fist up their as-"
"Yuki." Sooyeon sharply reprimanded.
"Sorry Umma."
Miyoung smiled and her cheeks flushed slightly, "I came home because I have some big news to share."
A dramatic pause that hung in the air, leaving everyone at the edge of their seats.
Miyoung lifted up her left hand and flashed it to rest of the table. "I'm getting married," she squealed.
"...."
"Wait what-"
"-getting married?? To who??-"
"-Are you sure you're ready to get married?"
"Oh my god I'm totally making the food."
Miyoung raised her hands in defense and attempted to quiet down the table. Eventually everyone quieted down and all eyes were on her.
"It's only been a few days since he's asked me - you're the first people I told. I actually came here to tell my family too. And I know what you're thinking, 'She's too young,' 'we don't even know the guy,' blah blah blah. But that's why I wanted to talk to you today. I'm not 18 anymore for one - I'm 24 and I can make my own decisions - and also, I want you to meet him."
The table sat in silence, stunned.
"...and I want you guys to be apart of my wedding."
"Oh my gosh yes," Nabi squealed in delight, excited.
"Wow, I mean I would be honored," Yuki grinned.
"Well I'm your best friend so you kind of have to include me don't you?"
Sooyeon, although touched, just shook her head. "ONLY if I approve, I'm not going to let you marry some derranged serial killer."
Miyoung smiled happily regardless. "Ah I'm sure you'll love him! He's really quiet and shy, but he's down to earth and sweet."
"Wait wait wait - what's this guys name?? And why didn't you tell us you were dating someone??" Dari huffed.
"What is he like a K-Pop star?" Nabi joked.
Miyoung remained silent.
Nabi's - and the rest of the table's - jaw dropped.
"OH MY GOD NO. WHO??" Nabi screeched.
"No way. No fuc-"
"You're kidding me. Hahahahaha!"
"Wow."
Miyoung laughed sheepishly and rubbed the back of her head, "Surprise?"
"Is that why you didn't tell us you were dating?? Because he's famous?" Yuki interjected.
"Well," Miyoung fiddled with her fingers in her lap, "Kind of? There was never really a good time to bring it up? I mean, Umma's been so busy with her new editor job at the publishing house, and Nabi is always off exploring the world and making new recipes, and Dari is off studying fish all day! I didn't think you had time for my love drama." She hrugged. 
Nabi held her arms in the air, "Incredible. This is the one thing I would have dropped everything to hear about. You could have told us you know." 
"Yeah, we always want to know what's going on with you!" 
"We will always have time for you and your drama!"
"These are the kinds of things we want to hear about Miyoung," Sooyeon chided. 
Miyoung pouted, "I didn't know.." 
Nabi leaned in closer, "So who is it? Is it Kyuhyun? Or is it one of those new rookies? Like from Day6? Oh my gosh if its someone from Seventeen I will kill-" 
"No no it's not Kyuhyun. Or a rookie for that matter." Miyoung blushed and hid her face in her hands, her voice barely audible. "I'll only tell you if you'll promise to come to Korea next month, so you can meet him. We can talk wedding details then too." 
"Deal."
"Duh." 
"Alright, just tell us!"
"Alright."
Miyoung peeked through her fingers, still embarrassed. 
She finally squeaked, "It's Kim Sunggyu from Infinite."
"Oh my god, how did you two even meet??" Yuki leaned over the table, curious.
"Yeah maknae - teach us how to land ourselves a talented hot man." Nabi took a bite of Miyoung's freshly delivered chocolate sundae, earning back a glare from her friend.
"Well, it was really weird because I was just walking home one day and I just saw him sitting on the side of the street." she laughed shyly before continuing. "He looked really lonely so I kind of just...sat next to him and asked if he was okay. After awhile we started dating, and it's been about 2 years now."
"That's it??" Dari laughed and shook her head. "And I'm guessing it was love at first sight?"
"No it wasn't like that! I didn't even-"
"Yeah yeah but when's the wedding?" Nabi pressed.
Miyoung rolled her eyes, "Well like I said before this only happened a few days ago - we haven't talked about it a lot because we wanted to talk to our friends and family about when would be a good time for them."
Sooyeon nodded her head, and as always, gave the responsible mom response. "That's very thoughtful of the both of you. I need to meet him as soon as possible."
Dari nodded alongside Sooyeon, Miyoung snickered, the two had always acted like her parents. She pulled out a stack of papers and placed them in the center of the table. Yuki and Nabi picked up the stack, curious.
"Are these plane tickets??" Yuki flipped through the stack, giving the youngest a look that signified 'how the hell did you manage to afford all this.'
"And first class too," Nabi whistled and nodded approvingly. "You did well maknae, he sure has a lot of dough."
Miyoung rolled her eyes and slid the two other packets towards Dari and Sooyeon. "I paid for them you poop nugget, I've been saving up for emergencies like this."
"Anyways," she addressed the two oldest. "I would really really love it if you could come to Korea just for a few days next month. Please? You can stay with Sunggyu and I, you don't have to pay for anything."
"And I know you're probably like 'We have work and we can't just leave like that' but remember that you already promised and you can't go back on it!"
Dari laughed and shook her head, "Nah, I was just going to say that you better have everything covered. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't go help you plan your wedding?"
Sooyeon nodded and smiled slightly. "I've been meaning to go visit you anyways."
Miyoung let out an excited smile and clapped. "You guys are going to love it! Thank you so much oh my gosh, this is so great - we could start planning now, but I have to go and meet my parents and then..."
They all laughed at the youngest's enthusiasm. Little did they know what she had in store for them.   
 duixing: because i hate sad sunggyu and why not :") chapter 1 of 3