college au : in sickness and in health

Daydreaming

 

college au: in sickness and in health
"only i'm allowed to do that."
The door slammed to a close as Seokmin ran in, out of breath and, to Seungcheol's confusement, in a state of panic. Seungcheol turned his head from the television screen and cocked his head to the side. "What happened this time? Did you totally bomb your English exam again?" He let out a small snort before turning his attention back to the baskbetball game on his tv. 
Seokmin rushed over towards his roommate and best friend, shaking his head quickly. "No hyung," he panted,"it's something more serious than that-" 
Seungcheol cut him off, waving his hand in the air as if he were trying to swat a fly, "Holy Seokmin did you run all the way from F hall??" He wrinkled his nose in disgust, in reference to his friend's awful smell. "You stink bro." 
"Yes, and shut up for a second please." he curtly replied.
"Why???" 
"Well if you let me finish I'll tell you," he glared at Seungcheol before taking a deep breath to explain his story. 
"Ok listen - I was walking towards Starbucks this morning because the dining hall was having issues and I ran into Yuki who told me that when she went to the underclassman hall she ran into Nabi's younger sister who lives on the same floor as Seungyeon who's sister is the RA for the Sophomore only hall which Hyelim told her that Dari told her that MIYOUNG IS SICK!" He finished out of breath, wild eyed and panting. 
Seungcheol blinked.
"WHAT??" he screeched. 
"I KNOW!" Seokmin screamed back.
Seungcheol fumbled for his phone and pulled it out of his pocket to see that Miyoung had in fact texted him at least 20 times in the past few hours. He scrolled the the parade of sad faces and tears, mentally cursing for not responding to his friend.
Text Recieved: 8:04 am, Miyoung
Seungcheol can you take notes for me today?? I can't make it to class because I'm dying
Text Recieved: 8:32 am, Miyoung
I'm alone and bored save me from my misery
Text Recieved: 9:02 am, Miyoung
:(((((((((
Text Recieved: 10:30 am, Miyoung
You're probably ignoring these aren't you? CHOI SEUNGCHEOL I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, I'LL GO FIND YOU
Text Recieved: 10:31 am, Miyoung
jk no I won't it's too far and I've already died
Text Recieved: 10:32 am, Miyoung
At my funeral pls tell everyone how much I loved them
Text Recieved: 11:32 am, Miyoung
I'm going to tell Dari how much your feet stink and how gross you are if you don't come save me
Text Recieved: 11:33 am, Miyoung 
:-) are you prepared for that
Seungcheol groaned and shoved his phone back in his pocket, running out of their dorm room with Seokmin following right behind.
It must have taken them less than five minutes to arrive at Miyoung's dorm, but Seokmin continued to freak out nonetheless. Seokmin placed his hand on the door knob, ready to walk in and comfort his long time crush when Seungcheol placed a hand on his shoulder. 
Seungcheol shook his head disapprovingly and shoved Seokmin back a few steps, causing the younger to yelp "Hey!" 
Seungcheol wagged his finger at Seokmin, as if he were repremanding a child who was caught doing something naughty. "No stupid, you can't just open the door without knocking, that's impolite." 
"But you do it all the time!"
"Yeah, only I can do that." Seungcheol flashed a bright smile, winking as he opened the door, running inside to meet his sick friend. Seokmin scoffed and shuffled after him, annoyed.
As soon as Seokmin and Seungcheol entered, they couldn't help but be amazed at the amount of tissues lying on the floor.
"Seungcheol," Miyoung practically cried, "save me from my misery!" She raised her arms in desperation before flopping herself back onto the sofa.
Seungcheol did as what was asked of him and sat on the edge of the sofa, feeling her head. Seokmin followed behind and sat on the floor besides Miyoung's disease riddled body. She hadn't seemed to have noticed his presence yet.
Seungcheol shook his head and moved his hand off her forehead, looking at her accusingly. "You dummy, how did you catch a fever in the middle of summer??"
Miyoung sniffled and blew her nose with another tissue, mumbling. "Iono."
Seungcheol clicked his tongue in disapproval, turning towards Seokmin. "She's a dumb one, you do realize that right? I don't understand why you could ever like somebody like that-"
"SEUNGCHEOL!" Seokmin shrieked at his friends' confession.
Miyoung blushed but didn't react much more than that, Seokmin was unsure if she had actually heard Seungcheol in the first place.
"Hi Seokmin," she sniffled. "I didn't know you came too."
"Well of course," he blurted, "I can't just leave you here to die right?"
He groaned internally at his response but Miyoung smiled cutely, happy that he had came to visit her. "Thank you Seokmin Oppa, it means a lot."
Seokmin almost cried out in joy hearing her call him "Oppa," but of course, Seungcheol was there to stop him. "Wait why do you call him Oppa?? I'm older than him, where's the respect?"
Miyoung glared and threw her spare tissue box at Seungcheol's face, "Shut up you nugget, you ignored all of my messages!"
Seungcheol stuck his tongue out in response, trying to defend himself. "Not my fault I have school."
Miyoung rolled her eyes and hugged her blanket closer to her body. "Whatever. I need you to go do me a favor."
"Oh I'm sorry~ I don't take favors from girls who don't call me Oppa." he replied haughtily.
Miyoung rolled her eyes and reached towards the table in front of her. Seokmin quickly grabbed the paper (he assumed) she was looking for, and gave her a sweet smile.
"Thanks Oppa." She grinned and turned back towards Seungcheol, a glare back on her face. She ed the list in his hand and snuggled deeper into the sofa. "Go get me these things please. I ran out of medicine last time I was sick."
Seungcheol gawked at the ridiculously long list, looking back and forth between her and the sheet of paper that rested in his hands. "You expect me and Seokmin to get this all by ourselves?"
Miyoung shook her head and brought another tissue to her nose, staring seriously her (basically) brother. "No, Seokmin is staying with me." She grabbed his hand bravely, causing the both of them two blush in embarassment. Miyoung wasn't exactly sure why she was acting so brave, it must have been the disease coursing through her veins. 
"Oh hell no, if you think I'm leaving Seokmin here with yo-"
"Seokmin can cook and you can't dummy, he knows how to take care of people. Besides, I never said you were going alone."
"What are you even-"
"Um, hi."
Seungcheol and Seokmin turned their heads towards the door frame, surprised at the newcomer. She waved once in acknowledgement and turned to Miyoung. "Didn't I tell you to clean up your tissues??"
"Unnieeee," Miyoung cried, "Let me be sick in peace."
Dari rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "No."
"Please."
"No."
"Please," she whispered.
"No."
"....."
"....."
"FINE I'll clean them up but only if you do me a favor and get some things for me with Seungcheol-" she paused before continuing reluctantly, "-Oppa. Please?"
Seungcheol, who had scrambled to his feet and blushed in embarassement as soon as Dari walked into the room, looked at Miyoung with alarm. He mouthed, "What do you think you're doing?"
Miyoung chose to ignore him and focused on Dari, pleading silently with puppy dog eyes. "Please?"
Dari raised her brow, noting the close proximity between her and Seokmin. "And leave you here with him?"
Seokmin nervously pulled his hand away and Miyoung nodded shyly, "Don't worry Unnie, Seokmin Oppa is a good guy. Besides he's the only one I know who can actually take care of people."
"And cook," he quietly added.
"Yeah!!" Miyoung nodded and secretly begged Dari and Seungcheol. Please guys?
Dari sighed and bit her lip, looking over at Seungcheol. She smiled nervously, her heart was pounding in her chest. "Shall we then?"
Seungcheol nodded, nervous as well.
"Let's go then."
xXx
"How did we let her convince us to do this again?"
Seungcheol laughed and swung the bag of 'important' items over his shoulder, giving Dari a bright smile. "I think it was the puppy dog eyes that sold the deal."
Dari sighed and trudged along the road leading back to her dorm, shaking her head. "Do you think Seokmin is taking care of her well?"
Seungcheol shrugged, almost all nervousness from before gone. "Probably waiting on her hand and foot. Hopefully he confessed already - this is getting ridiculous."
Dari sighed in agreement, "Miyoung's had the longest crush on him, for almost a year now? Let's hope they make some progress."
Seungcheol snorted, "Doubt it. But just in case..." he used his free hand to pull out his phone, texting the girl.
To: Miyoung
How is it going? Everything okay?
Almost immediately he got a response.
From: Miyoung
Hi hyung it's me Seokmin :) Miyoung isn't allowed to text right now because she needs to eat her soup but she told me to tell you "Confess right now you stupid jerk." good luck~~
From: Miyoung
And before you ask if I did, I did do it so man up and do it now~
Seungcheol froze in place at the thought of confessing. Now? Could I even do that?
Dari stopped as well, worried. "What? Is everything okay? I swear if Seokmin-"
"Everything is fine," he reassured her nervously. He smiled and tried to reorganize his thoughts as quickly as possible. I mean if Seokmin can do it then I can totally do that - right?
Right?
Without thinking he reached over and grabbed the bags out of Dari's hands, their fingers lightly brushing over each other. "I can carry it for you." Seungcheol smiled cheekily as Dari's cheeks tinted a light pink, slightly embarassed.
"Are you sure? I don't mind carrying it." she meekly questioned, slightly shy at the contact.
"I don't mind if it's for you," he blurted out once more without thinking. Oh my god Seungcheol is this really how you're going to do it? His mind and mouth were not working well today.
Dari smiled and began walking once more, Seungcheol walking right besides her. "Well, thank you."
"Anytime."
The two continued to walk in silence, Dari looking up at the night sky and Seungcheol trying to figure out the proper way to word his emotions. Finally Dari spoke up.
"You know I always thought that you would be the one to confess to Miyoung."
Seungcheol immediately burst out into laughter, disbelief evident. "Are you kidding me?? Why would you think such a ridiculous thing?"
Dari shrugged, "You've always cared so much about her. You basically dropped everything you were come doing to come take care of her. And usually, she doesn't even have to ask and you'll have it taken care of. I always just assumed that you had a thing for her."
Seungcheol shook his head, still in disbelief. "She's basically an annoying younger sister. I've never had those types of feelings for her."
"Besides," he said without thiinking, "I like someone else."
"Really? Who?" Dari turned her head to the side, curious. Her heart was beating loudly in her chest, she wondered if there was even the slightest possibility that he would say that it was in fact her.
Seungcheol kept his eyes straight ahead, Dari wondered if he had even heard her. Both he and her remained silent as they made their way to the dorm enterences. Finally, Seungcheol stopped in his tracks and turned to face her.
"Okay look  - when you said that I would do almost anything for Miyoung that's true. But she's not the only one that I would do anything for. Honestly I'm not really sure if this is a good - or even the right time - to say something like this when our two best friends are sitting up there probably dying. Seokmin is for sure getting sick but that's besides the point. I don't like her. I like you. I've liked you since the first moment I saw you. I just never had the guts to say it. I don't come around just for Miyoung but I come around to see you too - for different reason's of course though, Miyoung's my sister and she's your best friend but you know I just like you and I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that this is my sloppy yet spontaneous and charming confession to you and that I would really really love it if you would go on a date with me. But if you don't want to I get it. I mean I'll accept it. But I just wanted to let you know that this is how I feel about you. Okay?" He finished rushing through his impromptu speech, taking a short moment to pause and catch his breath.
Adrenaline coursed through his veins as he watched the girl that he would do anything and everything for.
She stood in stunned silence, unsure how to respond.
Going off of his new found courage he continued, "and I'm going to kiss you now but if you don't like it then you can just push away okay?"
"Wha-"
And he did.
xXx
By the time Dari and Seungcheol made their way back up to the dorm Miyoung was feeling a lot better than before - thanks to Seokmin's chicken soup (and warm hearted confession).
"Seungcheooolll," Miyoung cried, "Seokmin Oppa brought me back from the dead and nursed me back to health using the power of chicken and love." The girl raised their entertwined hands and smiled happily.
It only took her a few seconds to notice that her best friends were also holding hands, leading her jaw to drop down in shock. "Oh my god. He did it. Oppa did it Seokmin."
Seokmin laughed giddily, still in awe of Miyoung's acceptance of his love. "I told you he would. Once I do something he always has to prove that he can do it too."
Seungcheol scowled but didn't make a move at either of them, he refused to let go of Dari's hand. "Shut up you dorks."
Miyoung rolled her eyes and looked earnestly towards her Unnie. "I'm glad he finally became enough of a man to confess to you. Does this mean you're a couple now?"  
Dari smiled, shyly responding, "I think so?"
Seungcheol at the same time nodded proudly, tthen gesturing to Seokmin and Miyoung on the sofa. "And you?" 
"Of course," Seokmin beamed, leaving a small peck on Miyoung cheek.
"I'll always be there to take care of her. Both in sickness and in health."     
 duixing: REQUESTED BY LOVEDONGHAE~ SAY THE NAME SEVENTEEN! 2 lazy 2 proofread oop.