그런 사람 - that person: chapter o1

Daydreaming

Inspired by   

xXx

Choi Dongwook shuffled in his seat uncomfortably, his eyes flickering over to the girl sitting a few feet away. He sighed and his dry lips, nervous.

What he wouldn't give to be with her right now.

He let his eyes fall over her presence, his cheeks warm instantly.

She was perfect. The way her pink lips curved, the way her pale cheeks puffed out air every few seconds, the snowflakes that fell in her hair, it was all too perfect to be real. He blinked, and felt his heart begin to ache.

Why did he have her?

He watched him grab her by the arm, dragging her away.

He scowled.

That guy.

He watched him scold her, his eyes filled with annoyance and anger, complete absence of warmth and love.

He would be much better suited with her.

He would never treat her like that. He would treat her like a Princess. He would take her anywhere she wanted to go. She was everything he wanted, if not more. He would always love her, always protect her...always.

He shivered and tried to warm his nearly frozen hands. He looked all around the school yard, it was a cold wintery day at Seoul Academy, and he was trying his best to not lose his confidence. He gulped and placed a hand through his messy hair.

Today was the day.

He would ask her to be his.

He had to try. More than anything, he had to try. There was no harm in it, there was nothing to lose.

Except his pride.

He shook his head, trying to remove the thought from his mind. He would do it for her, only for her.

That was just the kind of person he was.

He would be that person for her.

He would be anything for her.

He slowly began walking towards her, Kim Heechul, her not-really-but-could-be-boyfriend had left her in the snow for his stupid friends. If she accepted his confession, Kim Heechul would have been nothing but a distant memory. He gulped and walked up to her, lightly tapping her shoulder.

She turned and smiled at him. “Oh…hi Dongwook-ssi.”

He looked at her carefully, his cheeks already warming. He noticed her eyes and how swollen they were, probably from crying just a few moments ago. He watched as she subconsciously wiped her eyes, smiling up at him.

“Hi.” He finally breathed.

It was now or never, that was for sure.

“Hi,” he repeated once more, “I haven’t talked to you since Monday, so I figured I would stop by and say hello.”

Her eyes brightened and she laughed, his heart racing. She was just too perfect. She was too perfect to be Heechul’s. She was an angel sent from heaven, unworthy of that stupid jerk. (A/N: I LOVE YOU KIM HEECHUL I'M SORRY *cries*)

He had known her for a few years, since 9th grade if he recalled correctly. They had always been good friends, but nothing more than that. Dongwook had liked her since 11th grade, since her true side was revealed to him, the side that wasn’t always happy, the side that he desperately wanted to heal.

She was hurt, and more than anything, he wanted to be the one to heal her of her heartbreak.

“I’m glad you talked to me today Dongwook-ssi! It’s been a long day…” she sighed, and with that he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, smiling sweetly.

He was nervous.

“Don’t worry alright! What’s wrong? Choi Dongwook is here to save the day!”

“…and how many times do I have to tell you to just call me Dongwook?”

She shrugged, the two walking across the academy, looking more and more like a couple.

“Yeah yeah Dongwook,” she emphasized, “I don’t know. Heechul is acting stupid…”

She looked down and bit her lip, obviously hurt.

Dongwook stared straight ahead, saying nothing. He wanted to be that person to her. He wanted to treat her right. He wanted her to have someone who deserved her.

He kept walking, but said, “Why don’t you just break up with him?”

He assumed she looked at him appalled, but made no movement to look back at her. His confidence was fragile, he was already walking on thin ice. If he looked at her now, he had no idea what would happen.

“Dongwook-ssi! …It’s not that easy…”

This time he did look at her, taking his arm off her shoulder and spinning her to look at him.

“But it is that easy!”

She looked at him, bewildered.

He might as well keep going, he reasoned.

“You can,” he continued, “You could! Because Heechul has no idea how lucky he is to have you. He has no idea how to treat you right, and he will never care for you as much as I do! Listen to me please.”

“It is that easy, because you have me. I’ll be here for you after Heechul and I promise I will stay with you long after he’s gone. You're the only person I've ever wanted to be with these past few years. I fell in love with your smile and everything that you are. And I absolutely hate Heechul. Because he's with you, because I want to be that person. I want to be your person. To heal your heartbreak. I want you to only look at me.”

“I wish you could see…everyone else knows how much I like you. You’re the only one who doesn’t understand me. Please.”

She looked at him with pink cheeks and wide eyes.

“Let me be your person.”

There was a brief silence, before she took his hands and smiled.

There were tears rolling down the side of her cheeks when she responded, “Then let me be your person too.”

xXx 

tumblr_lkl75bsU9n1qfamg6.png
I had a small obsession with SE7EN at one point~ ^^;; He's so perfect, cries people need to realize it ;A;