` IRIS

Forget-Me-Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

IRIS - "Faith; Hope"

 

 

“Phew,” Naeun tossed herself on the queen-sized bed when she finally finished putting everything down. Both Taemin and Naeun were going to spend the week in Lotte Hotel Jeju. It was a pretty luxurious hotel, and Naeun doesn’t want to ask where did Minoh-manager get the money to book two rooms for them. She got up from the bed when the phone in the room suddenly rang. Naeun picked the phone up. “Hello?”

“Naeun? It’s me. Where do you want to go?” Taemin from the other side of the line said. Their room was right next to each other, but apparently Taemin is too lazy to come out of the room. Naeun chuckled to herself imagining that. "How about Cafe Seo-yeon's House, oppa?" Naeun suggested. It was the place where they first met. She hoped he could remember something when they got there. Besides, she loves the food there. Well, there goes another reason.

 

"Sure. Come out in five minutes, I'll be waiting in front of your room," Taemin said again. Naeun muttered a 'yes' and she hung up. She smiled and took her jacket and other things to keep her warm. She didn't wear her jacket immediately because she thought maybe she would just wear it once they got out of the hotel. Then, she felt her phone vibrated and she took it out to see. There was one new kakaotalk from Namjoo.

 

Unnie! How is Jeju? You're so lucky to get a holiday. I just finished recording a movie soundtrack! I want to go with you ㅠㅠㅠ

 

Naeun giggled reading the message. She could totally imagine Namjoo being all sulky. Namjoo has always been the first one to contact her when Naeun was away from the members. The second varies, but mostly Eunji. She missed her members too, as she usually spend a lot of time with them. She then quickly replied her chat, her fingers grazed over the screen smoothly.

 

Don't joke around. Do well on your schedules so you can get a holiday too! I had to literally beg to get this you know~ Good luck, I will be watching that movie when it premiered!

 

Naeun locked her phone up and put it inside her clutch before she walked to the door. She peeked on the hole of the door and she saw Taemin with his head down waiting in front of her room. Naeun smiled and she swung the door open. Taemin immediately looked up at her and she smiled. “I’m ready!” she said energetically to him. Taemin looked down to her dress, which could be seen clearly now that she wasn’t wearing her jacket. Naeun looked down too and raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

 

Taemin shook his head. “I just felt like I saw that dress before,” he said, still staring at Naeun’s dress. Naeun grinned. He remembered her dress. Though only her dress, that was still a nice progress. At least she knows they are going somewhere with this. She saw Taemin blinked and finally looked away. “Let’s go?” he suggested. Naeun nodded at him and followed behind him when he started walking first.

 

Naeun observed Taemin from the back. He has gotten taller. He probably grew 3 cm all this while. She looked at his dark clothes - black sweater and dark grey jeans. It made him look… better. It made his back looked even stronger. How she missed hugging him from behind. She would do it that moment in an instant, but that would probably freak Taemin out.

 

They got in the car as Taemin held onto his phone, probably searching where Cafe Seo-yeon’s House is. After he found it, he typed the address on the GPS and finally started the engine. Naeun looked out of the car when the car moved away. The hotel is really large and cool. “So,” Taemin cleared his throat as Naeun turned her attention to him. “What was I- What were we like?” Taemin asked, eyes locked on the road. Naeun bit her lip as she tried to find the correct answer. Actually, Taemin has said the three magic words to her before, but they never got official.

 

"We were... close. That's the only thing that I can think of," Naeun grinned nervously and Taemin nodded. He seemed to be thinking so Naeun didn't dare to say anything else. They kept silent, just enjoying each other's company. Taemin took a U turn to the left and there it was. Their destination, Cafe Seo-yeon's House. Naeun smiled at the sight of the cafe. It brought back memories. Good ones.

 

Taemin stopped right in front of it and turned off the machine. He got out quickly and when Naeun was just about to open the door, he's already there opening it for her. Naeun got out of the car and blinked in surprise. Taemin smiled and shrugged. "Minoh hyung told me to be a gentleman," he said. Naeun giggled at that, because it was exactly like what happened before. The difference is that the media he was using was a door and not seatbelt.

 

They got in the cafe and the cashier remembered them. She immediately directed them to the second floor, where their first meeting was. The sky has started to turn dark and Taemin and Naeun looked around to the red evening sky. "Why here?" Taemin asked Naeun. She turned to Taemin. He was looking right at her. Straight at her eyes. "Why do you want to go here?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter