viii.

It's All Luck

 

"What you really want?" You echoed his words.

"What I really want." He repeated.

"And? What makes you think you want it? How are you going to go for it?"

You turned your body slightly sideways to take a look at him, you were curious about his expression. His eyes sparkled under the dim kitchen light. Like the stars that tried to rule over the night sky, it twinkled while slowly laying sight on yours. He looked at you deeply with the expression of happiness and determination, mixed, as if he already has a way.

"It's easy, if I want it I give half to fate, but half to myself to control so I can... no... I will fulfill it."

His hands still lay firm on your hips, you looked at him then at his every bit of his face. His nose so high, his eyelashes that seem to match so well with his flickering eyes, his cheek bones that slightly sticked out, his jaw that shouted manliness, then to the scar on his lips that reminded only of his iness and how he loved to them. Your breath was stuck and a chill shaked down your back causing you to look down at his arms and his slight damp v-neck. Maybe it was your fangirling soul coming back that made you shy. You remembered the days when you were a fan girl, how you wished you could just meet him once and shake his hand if you had the chance. To be able to even be inches close to him.

The blockhead girl's dream felt like it was finally coming true, no, it is true. You had to compare yourself from back then to now. Fangirl to reality. To you, that Christmas night felt like a gift, something like God's reward. But tonight was different, it was reality hitting you, his will driven in his eyes, his firm grasp on you and to be obvious, your heart that pounded so loud that told you it was all real. You looked back up to his eyes, you hadn't inspected his eyebrows that was slightly covered up with thin strands of hair yet. You hadn't realized your fingers already slowly reaching up to his face, while your back leaned on the kitchen counter. You could see your own fingers slowly brushing away his right fringe to take a better look at his eyebrows. You remembered how you liked both his hair up showing his forehead but also when his fringe was down.

"I was once like that. I had a dream, a goal that I wanted to reach towards. I once had half of my day just daydreaming, hoping that one day I would meet EXO, or maybe one day I can be a free spirit, going to every where around the world. Such dreams, it comes true I suppose. I only knew how to dream, I didn't know how to fulfill."

"But now, you've actually met us. So do you believe in fate? Or ... you don't believe that things like this actually come true?"

"I do, I suppose, like I said. Everything does and will come true if you have faith, and believe that I can." You reached down to push down his hands around you and turned around to finish up preparing the dinner whatsoever.

"I believe in such things. I waited patiently to find what I really wanted, to ask God to give me a sign and tell me what it is that I can strive for. Fate, destiny, those kind of stuff, I think it's God's work, because no human being can create fate or destiny, so that's why I put half to fate, and half for myself to control. Because even if fate is brought upon you, and if you don't grab on to it and create from that. Then that gift from God becomes useless."

"So that is what my mind have brought to conclusion tonight." He leaned onto you again with another tight backhug.

"I want you, DaHee."

"And, I will make it happen."

 


"Faith is what makes real the things we hope for.

It is proof of what we cannot see.

Faith helps us understand that God created the whole world by his command,

This means that the things we see were made by something that cannot be seen."

- Hebrews 11:1 ,3