vii.

It's All Luck

 

"Why are you hugging me?"

You could still hear the faint boiling of the ramyun and see the smoke rise from the pot. As you slowly closed your eyes, you took a slow breath in.  At that moment, everything in you swirled, your body and mind have rewinded to the day 2 weeks ago where he hugged you like that from behind. It is true, you thought. Scent brings back most of the memories, but it is on you whether or not you choose to remember that memory, or whether or not you choose to find it again. Your brain would just simply remember the scent and send out a positive or negative feeling, then you would try and distinguish what specific kind of memory it is. Sad? Happy? Angry? Pain? Love? Too much to consider..., scent, that is, revives peoples memory.

"Don't move a bit." His mumble was caused by the closeness of your neck and hair to his mouth.

"Why?"

"It's your punishment of course."

You felt his broad shoulder wrap around your body more, curling into your own, but the tightness of his arms remained the same.

"You and your ramyun made me so hungry when I'm working so hard in there, practicing, you, just, right here, sang, and cooked. It's a fault." He continued on talking, his sentences cutting off word after word while you felt his hard breathe muffled against your hair to every word he said. Your heart tickled and your body shivered. This wasn't right, you thought. You shook out your previous feeling and returned to reality.

"And that was wrong? Making myself dinner? Don't I have my own life, I live too, so I have to eat." You just rear eyed him, but no doubt, he did not flinch a bit even if your voice sounded harsh.

"I missed the time I had fighting with you. Hmm, you were always against me. We... always somewhat fought."

Silence filled the air, you didn't bring up the past, he did. He remembered, and he started talking about it, but you never thought he would. 

"Have I ever told you about how nice you smell, DaHee?" He almost whispered but obviously loud enough to make you hear each word clearly. It was just a feeling. There was definitely something odd about this maknae today.

"Sehun..? What's wrong?" 

He dug his head deeper. "Have you heard about a saying? That, when we are stuck in life, we always think that fate would be the answer; that things that's supposed to happen would come somehow, but we never believed in fate in the first place. It's just a way for us to stop our search for what we really want."

"What do you mean?"

The clock ticked and ticked, his arms still wrapped around her, consuming her. The time that felt like eternity came to a stop.

"I think today, I've finally found what I really wanted."