ii.

It's All Luck

 

    "Hey, come have some breakfast." Suho suggested after he saw your dumbfounded look.

 

    "Thanks." It has been ages since you ate. Oh how the smell makes you drown in happiness. 

 

    "We called Myomi after you left. She told us you were going to go to UK to visit your brother and give him a surprise. She told us it took you long to save that plane ticket. We're sorry. We will provide you a room in our dorm, so from today on you can live with us. Of course, until the day you want to leave Korea." Luhan said as he patted your back.

 

    "Is it really okay to live with 12 boys?" you questioned them.

 

    "Yeah, don't worry about it." said the cold voice.

 

    "That Sehun, he walked out right after we called Myomi. She told us that you had to earn your brothers tuition that's why you work double of everything. I bet he was worried. He was the one who carried you back." Baekhyun whispered to you.

 

    "Sehun..?" you eyed him as he drank his milk. Maybe he isn't as bad as your first impression of him, you thought.

 

    "Thank you guys. Thank you for the food. I will eat well." You flashed them a smile and started eating.

 

    The food tasted delicious. You bet D.O made it. "The food is amazing, who made it?" you asked.

 

    "Oh, it was Kris today." D.O said "He use to always cook for himself." he added.

 

    "Oh I see." Wow, even though his master skills in drawing isn't too masterly, he does master well in cuisine.

 

    "Why is your brother studying so far away? Why not study in Korea or Taiwan? " Lay asked.

 

    "Ah, he is in fourth year medical school right now. Since UK medical school are shorter, and since he already started, he is continuing to finish his 2 more years of university. My parent's wanted both of us to become doctors. I successfully got accepted to one in London too. But parent's were gone, and the price was too high, no one had the money to support us both. So my bother studied to fulfill my parents.. and.. my dream, and I used these years to earn money to let him continue his studies." You explain to them.

 

    That moment, you had a hard time keeping the food in the stomach. It hurts, and you knew you're going to throw up any second. It was the food. Your stomach couldn't adjust to so much food, since you haven't eaten in ages. 

 

    You ran to the washroom. 

 

    "It's her stomach, it must have been rejecting the food. She probably haven't properly eaten in days." Lay, who once was interested in medicine suggested.

 

    "Or maybe it's just your food Kris hyung." Tao added

 

    "Oh shut up." Kris hit Tao's head.

 

    "Are you okay? Here's some water. I'll get you some warm soup or porridge. Don't eat the pancakes anymore." D.O suggested.

 

    "It's okay, I'm really fine. I'm sorry." This actually happens a lot, so you should have expected it to happen.

 

    "What are you talking about. Don't worry. We're here, we will try and take care of you." Chanyeol smiled.

 

    You felt warmth. The warmth of a family. Their caring attitude, the way they treat you, the feeling is just too familiar. Your heart felt so much at ease as you saw their smiling and caring faces. You smiled and cleaned yourself up. 

    

    Why would they be so kind to a stranger, you thought.

 

    "Thank you. Chanyeol, Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Kai, Lay, Kris, Suho, Baekhyun, Tao." you said as you looked around to them.

 

    You looked at the one still sitting on the high chair at the kitchen counter. "And Sehun." You added.

 

    "I see, you know us well." Kai smirked.

 

    "Of course. The best group in Asia, so daebak that made their name famous across the globe. I was your fan once." You murmured.

 

    "Once? Not anymore?"

 

    "Oh no, I still am, but I'm ashamed to call myself a fan because I don't have time and money to be into kpop. I've never been to any concerts, any fan sign, or any events. I used to have money to buy albums, I collect albums too. Those are the only things I don't sell, because music is my life." You smiled to them.

 

    Suho nodded.

 

    "Hmm. Why don't I make you guys lunch? Any schedules today?" You told them.

 

    "No and no. We can't let a girl do the work, and besides you should rest. Today's Christmas, and we are allowed a day off." Chanyeol chimed.

 

    "Hmm.. okay then. I'll get ready and head out for a few hours." You murmured.

 

    "We should go out shopping too!" Tao happily cheered.

 

    "Oh! We should have a welcome party for DaHee tonight, and celebrate Christmas too! What a wonderful plan." Luhan suggested.

 

    "Okay! Let's all get ready to head out." Suho said.


 

    "DaHee, look at this shirt, I bet it will look good on us." Baekhyun smiled, holding up the same t-shirt showing it to you.

 

    "DaHee, let's go buy a cake!" Xuimin pulled you.

 

    "DaHee, you should get a new pair of shoes. NO, you should get new clothes!" Tao chimed. Then EXO started dressing you up, and you felt like you had more brothers all of a sudden. But at the same time, you missed your own brother dearly. 

 

    They bought you several outfits from stores that girls generation sponsored since you were as skinny as them, they thought you would look good on those clothes. And they dressed you up just like Yoona in her new drama 'Prime Minister and I'. You liked the style, so they bought several outfits for you. Then you all went to makeup stores. Innesfree, Nature Republic, Skinfood, Etude; all the ones you never dreamt of entering. You felt like a princess, and it all felt too great. Just like a miracle on Christmas day. 

 

    Supermarket shopping, cake shopping, clothes, makeup, shoes. It was a dream come true for you, a date with EXO. They paid or everything, and shortly they decided to head back to the dorm to set up everything. When you guys arrived, the manager left a note that he has set up the Christmas tree, put up balloons and bought chicken. Definitely, the best manager ever.

 

    "Hyung, manager's so nice. Should we call him over to give him his Chrsitmas gift?"

 

    "Nah, it's okay. he should be busy on Christmas, we'll just give it to him tomorrow." Xiumin answered.

 

    After everything was settled as we all sat around the table beside the christmas tree.

 

    "Why don't we start off by saying what we are thankful for this year, and then what you wish in the next year." Xiumin suggested as Suho nodded.

 

    "Okay, I will go first, and then around the circle." Baekhyun said.

 

    "I am thankful that I stayed in SM, as we all continue to fight hard, I'm thankful that I get to fulfill my dream as an idol, and I wish next year I would be able to continue and find joy in my work. Thank you." Baekhyun nodded his head as he passed the chicken leg to Chanyeol sitting beside him.

 

    "Ah-AH" Chanyeol miked onto the chicken leg. "First, I am thankful that we have finally gotten together after the K & M promotions, I am thankful that we are now ONE!" some people cheered at the back. "And I wish next year we can be together as well!" he ended his sentence shyly as he dug his head onto Baekhyun's shoulders and handed the microphone to Chen beside him.

 

    "I am thankful that I have you guys, and I wish next year we would all stay happy and not be disturbed by the sasengs too much." everybody laughed and nodded in agreement.

 

    "Um… I am thankful that I we all had a great year, and I hope next year we can do more of what we want, and more time to rest." Xiumin smiled and swayed back and forth, giving the microphone to the big one beside him.

 

    "Hey yeah, I'm thankful that we all came together as one again, and I wish we can all have a break and visit our families over the new year." Kris murmured softly. 

 

    "Hi, I'm Lay, YiXing… and umm.." he paused like a shy cat. "I am thankful that… I got to visit my family this year, and I hope everyone would be happy and healthy next year… uhhh, I also wish that DaHee can stay with us longer…." He said as his voice softened and his head lowered.

        

    "Heyyyy, unfair, that's not a wish!" "Ehhhh" "aweee" "oh wow, YiXing.." some people chimed.

 

    What a cute buddy, was all you thought.

 

    "I'm thankful that everyone was so nice to me, and I wish I can buy more good stuff for you guys in the future." Tao quickly said as if he already thought this through a while ago.

 

    "I'm thankful that we all stayed together as a team, and I hope we can continue to be like this, inseparable." D.O said passing the microphone to his partner beside him.

 

    "I am thankful… that we spent the Christmas as a day to rest and Dahee with us here today, and I hope we can become a happy family." Kai said as his eye smile appeared.

 

    "I …uh… I'm thankful for.." Sehun started as Luhan linked his arms around Sehuns, nudging him. "I am thankful I have nice hyungs." He turned and smiled at Luhan. "And I hope I won't disappoint hyungs in the future." He said smiling. 

 

    "Awe Sehunie is all grown up~" "That little guy used to cry because of us." "You love us so much don't you?" You heard some of his hyungs saying.

 

    "Okay, shh, it's my turn guys. I am thankful… that we have shown our talents and abilities to our fans, and umm.. I wish we can always do this every christmas!" Luhan said.

 

    "Here, DaHee, it's your turn."

 

    "I have to do it too?"

 

    "yes, you're a part of us too."

 

    Okay, here it is, I've never thought of this before, so I am seriously thinking about this. I always thought my life was a ruin, but I've now felt like God has actually always got my back. 

 

    "Okay, first of all, I am thankful that my brother is doing well in his studies. Second, I am thankful that God brought me 12 angels on Christmas, and third, I am thankful that I am not lonely on Christmas."

 

    "What about your wish?" Tao asked.

 

    "I… don't really wish for things.. because that would become a hope that I would desire, but then I would be sad when it doesn't come true. I have goals, I have dreams, and I pray. But I don't wish and put hope in things.."  You answered coldly. You remembered the few months when all you wished and hoped for was a door bell or the sound of keys opening the door of your house; the sound of your parent's coming home. You lost hope of waiting, because you knew that it would never ever happen.

 

    "But, what would you want to happen? What do you pray for?" Kai asked curiously.

 

    "I pray that everyone I care for is safe, healthy, and happy. That is all I can wish for. I guess." You answered back.

 

    "What a weird wish. You can always pray that your family reunites." Sehun said.

 

    You just sat there. Family, reuniting. It's easy to say. It would become a dream come true. What is family? Together? No, you don't believe in that anymore. That is a scar that is too deep to be healed with just a prayer. The betrayal you felt from your parents is as cruel as the winter weather to the trees and the leaves.

 

    "I don't know." was all you said in reply. 

 

    "Why don't we play truth or dare! So you start off with truth, and if the people don't agree to the answer then you'll have to do a dare. Agree?" Chanyeol suggested.

<:>

    Chanyeol started spinning the bottle. Landed on Lay. 

 

    "Truth. Do you like DaHee? Just a little bit?" Chanyeol asked.

 

    Lay just nodded his head,

 

    Lay turned the bottle. Landed on Chen. 

 

    "Who's your favorite, in EXO?" Lay asked.

 

    "You of course!" Chen immediately answered.

 

    "Unacceptable! Dare!!" People said.

 

    "Kiss your favorite person on the cheek!" 

 

    "Kiss Kris! Kiss Kris!" some people whispered.

 

    Chen kissed Kris on the cheek, as expected. And Kris' cheeks shone bright pink like a baby.

 

    Chen spun the bottle. 

 

    It landed on you.

 

    "Who did you like the most when you were a fan?" Chen asked.

 

    "I like everyone!!" You answered without hesitation.

 

    "NO! Unacceptable. Fans usually have their top 3 in EXO. Come on now. I dare you to back hug the three you liked the most."

 

    "Okay, fine... But to be fair. Everyone has to close their eyes." You said to them and they participated.

 

    You slowly stood up. "You can only pick three, DaHee! Only three!!" Chen shouted.

 

    "Okay! I got it! I'm going now!" 

 

    You quietly walked around the circle and you thought carefully. Top 3 biases. You remembered you would always do this before, listing your top biases.

 

    All three of them sat around you. You slowly walked back to Baekhyun and gave him a back hug.

 

    Then you walked to the one beside you, giving Luhan a back hug. 

 

    Lastly, you bend down again to the maknae beside Luhan, and gave him a back hug.

 

    You went back to your seat. "I'm done, guys."

 

    They opened their eyes.

 

    "Who got hugged?" "Did she hug you?" "Is it a secret?"

 

    "Okay, so who got hugged?"

 

    "Hey, is it fair to say it?" you asked them.

 

    "Yeah, since the people that wasn't chosen wants to know who it is, it should be fair like that." Chanyeol ranted.

 

    "Then I guess, you weren't chosen, Chan." Baekhyun said to him.

 

    "Of course..not! So whoever was, lineup behind DaHee and return the back hug to her. But DaHee in turn has to close her eyes and recognize their voices." Chanyeol pointed out.

 

    "Is… that really necessary?" you asked.

 

    "Yes, so you can confirm if it is them. And since you said you liked them the most, you should be able to recognize their voices. Right?" 

 

    "Okay." you nodded. You were confident you knew their voices.

 

    You closed your eyes. And soon you heard footsteps approaching behind. 

 

    First back hug. You felt a somewhat small body lean against you. Small body. You touched his hand as he hugged. Baekhyun. You smelt a pure boyish scent as you heard his voice: "DaHee-ah."

    

    You nodded your head in approval that he is one of the three favorites you hugged. 

 

    "Baekhyun." You smiled.

 

    He went back to his seat. Then another footstep approached. Must be a tall one.

 

    Broad shoulders. Hmm.. Warm body. Quite a stiff one.

 

    "DaHee-ah." he whispered.

 

    "ChanYeol. Out." You shouted.

 

    "Hey, I just wanted a hug!" the deep voice whined.

 

    "Next."

 

    You heard a petite footstep. A giggle. Then you smiled.

 

    "Stop. You're Luhan right?" you said before he got to back hug you.

 

    "Wahh" "Daebak"  you heard them say.

 

    "So do I get the back hug?" you asked.

 

    You felt the lean body press against your back. A romantic scent. A soft voice cooing, "DaHee-ah." 

 

    You smiled and nodded your head. 

 

    "Now there's one more left." Lay said and then added "Can I go?" 

 

    People giggled.

 

    "I'll give you a special fan service later Lay." you said to him and several whined and cheered.

 

    "You better not do that or the boys will get into a fight. Got to be fair." Kris said cooly.

 

    "Can the last person just go?" Tao ranted.

 

    "Hello? Last person? Maybe he wants to keep it a secret." 

 

    "Hey Sehun, where are you going?" Kai asked.

 

    "Only the washroom." Luhan said to Kai.

 

    "Is he not standing up?" "DaHee, do you want to leave it as this?" "I'm getting disappointed." you heard some boys say. 

 

    Maybe.. just maybe it's better to leave it as it is now. Maybe he doesn't want his hyung's to know about it. Maybe I'm a shame to him, a disgrace, probably. 

 

    "I guess. Let's just… leave it as it is!" you said as you suddenly felt a broad shoulder hugging you. A tight hug that felt warm. The familiar scent of the other day when you dreamt about dad. That soapy scent. That tingly warm feeling shot around body. You heard a faint swallow from the male behind you. You also swallowed. You could almost feel his face sticking on to your side as his warmth surrounded your neck. His breathing onto your neck. His chest faintly rising and descending on your back.

 

    No one said a word, waiting for you to nod or to say his name. Waiting for a sign. 

 

          "Sehun?"            "DaHee--" 

    Both of you said in unison. Both of you stayed in the position for approximately a few short seconds. You heard his breath release as you released yours. Then you heard the clear of a throat from the other boys and so you came back to reality and slowly opened your eyes. You saw them curiously looking at you and so you nodded your head to the boys.

 

    "So you were the last one Sehun?" Kai pointed to Sehun's arms still around you. A confused look on his face.

 

    Sehun let go of you and fell right back on the floor on his . 

 

    He hesitantly nodded once.

 

    "DaHee, why do you like the maknae? Don't you like older oppa's?" D.O scratched his neck and asked awkwardly.

 

    "We are around the same age, though, he is a bit older. "

 

    "So now we have it, DaHee's three favorite. Baekhyun, Luhan, Sehun."

 

 

"God provides homes for those who are lonely.

He frees people from prison and makes them happy.

But those who turn against him will live in the desert."

- Psalms 68:6