vi.

It's All Luck

 

Let's meet. See you at the usual.

The swings be waiting.

- DaHee

 

You knew what to do now and you knew that everything would be fine after. You decided to finally meet Hyunwoo this Monday after noon and you have already made your decision.


You recognized a warm and kind back sitting on his swing. 

Hyunwoo, my best friend. "Thank you. Thank you for being here again when I needed you." You hugged him from behind. "Someone taught me that a hug is the best way to say sorry. Will you forgive me?"

"When did you become so sweet, DaHee?"

"Oh well, when I found out my lips and my mouth is made out of sugar?"

"Now it's the sarcasm..You've learned much from Canada, didn't you?"

"Yes Mr.Hyunwoo. So will you accept my apology?"

"If I get a real hug, yes."

He had his smile back, and he returned your smile as well. And, that is enough for what you've always wanted, to make him happy for once, that's why you've made your decision. 

"Welcome back, my friend." He hugged you.

 

 

"So what's your plan?"

"I'll come back."

"For real, this time?"

"For real."

"When?"

"I'll let you know, Hyunwoo."

 

 


 

"Hi, I'm back!" You entered the dorm and smelled sweat of men and the sound of voices in the dance room.

"Kai, can't you slow down! We need to all coorperate." 

"Chanyeol, your hand should go on his shoulders, and Baekhyun, come out more y please."

"Hi guys, are you busy?" you poked your head through but no one heard you, it seems like they were working on a new dance that Kai is leading, but you can't seem to understand the situation, something felt wrong.

"Well duh, they're busy. Of course they are busy, DaHee, why don't you go cook some ramyun for yourself? Hmm? Oh yes, add an egg and have a cheeze on top. Perfecto! Oh wait.. will they smell it? Then I'll be bothering them, am I not?"

You said to yourself out loud. You remembered the time you first came. It felt long, very long ago; however, it was just 2 weeks ago. It all felt like a dream. Of course you knew it would have been all over, and you knew of it clearly, that's why you told yourself to not get too attached to them. Because of their busy schedules you guys hardly ate as a group, 13 of you guys, altogether, not even once. You remembered when they said they would be here with you, like a family. It felt as if your dream was ruined. You couldn't blame them, but until today, you felt like that dream was almost a few eyars ago, everyone grew so distant, and you felt like someone, someone invisible, a someone, just watching a drama, but you were never involved, you were almost like behind the screen all the time. It then reminded you of the days you were a fan, cheering for them behind the computer screen, watching their dance practices online, watching their the tv shows they appear online. You felt online again. Different world, same sky, oh wait, same house, same air we breathe. How ironic you thought. That Disney story was all a fake.

You headed for the kitchen and started preparing, your phone rang.

"DaHee yah!~ My best chinggu... It's been a while, but we finally became closer again. Actually, I was really sad when you were mad the other day. You know, I thought you don't want me anymore. Sometimes I get so scared.. I couldn't sleep, I would wonder if you're still healthy or not, if you forgot to take medicine, if you work too hard... DaHee, thank you for coming back, now I can actually have some decent sleep and not worry too much, am I right?"

"Yes, our Hyunwoo is right, you are always right."

"Then... would you mind singing a song for me? I'll listen to you to go to sleep, like I always do."

Hyunwoo was a light sleeper and he always needed something to go to deep sleep, you would sing to him and he would always fall asleep after a few minutes, not waking up during the night, but only in the morning. Your singing was his best healing, and that was a reason he kept you beside him, he needed you and you knew, you also needed him too.

"Alright, I'll start."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyfBuao_MN0

While you sang you leaned near the counter, you added your ramyun and then slowly poured in the egg. It was time to close the fire and it should be about the time Hyunwoo fell asleep.

"Good night, Hyunwoo yah."

You hung up the phone and turned off the fire. Suddenly, you felt arms wrapping your waist from behind, digging his head into your neck.

Your slight shocked expression turned into a smirk, you knew his scent too too well.


"Forgive someone, and you will strengthen your friendship.

Keep reminding them, and you will destroy it."

-Proverbs 17:9