iii.

It's All Luck

   

    "DaHee, as a new comer and Christmas gift we EXO prepared something small for you." Luhan said to you.

 

    "Go and take it out!"  Tao rushed into the room.

 

    He came out with a pure white box with sparkles on, red faint dots and a red ribbon. The box already looks fancy you thought.

 

    "Why don't you open it?" Suho questioned.

 

    "Well… I'm still debating whether or not I can open it or not. I mean. Look at it, it's elegantly wrapped, and the package looks quiet big. I really don't know if I can accept this gift."

 

    "Why can't you just accept it? Enjoy the happiness when you can, as Sehun always says." Kai pointed out.

 

    The happiness, you thought. I guess, I should. When I still can. Maybe it's God's plan, you thought. 

    But another part of your brain told you. Once you received this gift, it means accepting them, relying on them.

You're already relying on them, you thought. Your hand already was pulling the ribbon loose, your heart chose to accept before your brain told you that you might get hurt again. 

 

    You knew. You would get hurt. Your heart would crash again going through the process of loosing the close ones then trying hard getting back again. But maybe it's God's plan, you thought. To give you the biggest gift, the biggest encouragement. Then to take them away and make you learn to get up all over again. The harder it is the easier you would get up in the future.

 

    You slowly opened the lid and found an outfit.

 

    "Dear Snow White, we twelve dwarves would stay and give you warmth, to a stranger in need, we will treat you as family." the card rested on top wrote.

 

    "Put on the dress Snow White. We will become your prince tonight." Baekhyun said to you.

 

    "It's the first time hearding the story of dwarves turning into princes'." You whispered.

 

    "Well, now it's time to turn you into Cinderella. Before Christmas ends, our princess." Luhan said as he walked towards you and laced a necklace around you.

 

    "Now, dear DaHee, would you put on the glass slipper that would bring you to Neverland?" you heard as you lowered your head to find Sehun kneeling with the most glamorous and elegant heals in front of him.

 

    This was a dream after all, you said to yourself. Miracles in December. A dream come true.

 

<:>

 

    You became the heroine of the night. The princess for sure now. Every EXO member dressed up and you in the magical dress started the dance of the night. 

 

    "DaHee, there is another ticket to our last concert for MID in the present box, remember to come." Baekhyun said as both of you rocked side to side with the music. 

 

    "I will." "When is it?"

 

    "Next.. next Wednesday." 

 

    "I will be there."

 

    Then it was your turn with your next prince, Luhan.

 

    His romantic scent still puffers into your system. The secure feeling you felt with him, like you found your long lost brother.

 

    "Luhan, you make me feel safe."

 

    "I reckon so. I hope so. We all want you to feel safe, hoping for the best, DaHee." He said pulling you a few inches closer.

 

    You rest your head onto his chest and sighed. It must be a dream after all, you reminded yourself.

    Again, to make yourself a bit less guilty and worrisome and to remind yourself that this is all a temporary dream.

 


 

"Then they will be like a dream that we forget when we wake up.

You will make them disappear like the monsters in our dreams."

- Psalm 73:20