v.

It's All Luck

 

"Hey, are you going to keep sobering and drinking those useless beer that makes your stomach bigger?" Sehun asked. He followed you after you left the house. You found out after you parted with HyunWoo. Through the glass reflection of the stores at MyeongDong, you could see a tall blonde and you knew it was him; Sehun, who picked you home the other day was following you today. 

 

"Can't you just leave me and my beer alone for today! I... today.. you know?.. HyunWoo, I really didn't want to get mad at him." You pointed at the air then pointed at yourself, soft sobs came out of you. "I really didn't want to fight with Hyunwoo... He just - HA! - Why did he? Huh, Sehun? Tell me... Hyunwoo.. he said sorry to me! Why- you know - I left, and... you know.. everytime I think, when I think about him, I just want to say sorry. Because I left, I left! My chinggu.. Hyunwoo. That bastard.But, I.. felt sorry. Me.. did, I - I don't want him to say sorry to m-me." Your sobbers and absurd murmurs through constant burps only irritated the young man.

 

You slowly walked to the park and sat on the closest swing while he stood there leaning against the pole. Silence filled the air, and even though you felt tired, you could not fall asleep. Not because of the cold, but your chest, it felt stuffed up with immediate things you have to do. 

 

"We used to come here a lot." You said after a long silence. 

"You aren't drunk anymore?"

You heaved a sigh and wrapped your coat tighter around yourself. "He was here when I was lonely, when no one played with me, when I had a secret. He would be the one there for me, and one day, I told myself, I don't want to be the one there when no one would be there for me. I saw how Hyunwoo treated me, I knew I couldn't leave him but I did tell him. Here, in this park on this swing. I said, I'm leaving and until I wander back, I might not come back until then. He understood, strangly he did. I thought, he was just a friend, but he's probably more. And I can't seem to make him happy for once, I always disappoint him." You're sentences was short but it seem to convey part of your feeling for now and your heart felt more at ease.

 

Sehun walked in front of you and bent down. Sincere eyes blinked and slowly he leaned in closer. You weren't anticipating it, but you seem to let him do what he wants to do. You felt his breath and his faint scent brush against your cheeks, then you felt the warmth of his cheeks on your cold ear and his wide shoulders wrapped around your chest. You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. A hug was enough, because the warmth made everything alright and his action showed you that a hug is enough.

"You never have to apologize to the way you live, DaHee. You're not sorry that you left him, but you're sad because the more you think about it the more you think about how you could be by his side."


You started to work and EXO started with their busy schedules as well. A few days passed, and your heart was still worried about the way you treated Hyunwoo. 

Everyday you would make breakfast for EXO, head out to work then come back before dinner and make some food, but the manager would usually buy some other back too. Today was a sunday and you had the afternoon off after the lunch job was over. You stayed at home with Baekhyun, Sehun, Kai, and Lay. Others said they would come back earlier today. You tried to stay away from personal emotions as much as you can because you didn't want to rely on them, so you thought working was also a good way to avoid them. You were scared, to be honest.

"Lay, can you make some fruit?" Baekhyun called to him who's in the room.

"You always call him, why can't you make it?" Kai snorted. You eyed them afraid of some sudden fight or something.

"Can't you see? He's always hidding in his room, using the computer or reading, or sleeping! I just don't want him to do that all the time. And, well, he's good at making fruit. It's always so pretty and when it's pretty, it looks much more tasty. Am I right, DaHee?"

"Mm.. that does make sense. Sehun's fruits are a mess." You murmered.

"What? Wait, what did you say? Who told you to eat it then?"

"I didn't.."

"Th-then, who told you to look at it then!"

"Why are you picking on me. Are you possibly still mad at me because you had to carry me back that day?"

"The first time or the second time?" Baekhyun cut in.

"The second!" Both you and Sehun shouted at each other and shot glares. 

"It's not like I'm heavy or something. Why are you mad? And it's not like piggy-backing someone was a hard thing either, am I right?" You turned to Baekhyun and he just nodded excitedly, observing the atmostphere.

"Remember when I said you're not heavy at all? Well, I lied! You're heavier than Baozi and Kris added together. Woah, now let's see how heavy is that!" He sarcasticly replied.

"Remember when I bought you a bun and split it with you and said thank you to you? Well, I'm taking it back as well!" You shouted back at him, in awe of the statement he previously said that hurt you.

"Wait! Hold up! You guys went on a date? Just you two? When?! Wait, you piggy-backed her? And you, you shared a bun with him? Hilarious! Oh my, what's going on!" Baekhyun sang and laughed his soul.

All of a sudden your phone rang and you answered it.

"Oppa, how are you? Is everything fine? Why? Oh.. I see. Yes, I did, I was going to go over, but something came up, and it messed up the schedule. I'm sorry. Yes I understand. Yes, I still do my exercises regularly, don't worry. Mhm, I eat them, don't worry, oppa. No, it's okay, I'm fine really. Yes, I came back to visit HyunWoo. Okay, I'll talk to you next time. Take care. Bye."

"DaHee..?" You turned and four pairs of eyes stared with confusion.

"You spoke in English." Baekhyun pointed at your phone.

"With your brother.." Sehun said.

"Fluently." Kai added.

Lay just watched.

 

"Oh, I studied in Canada too. Just like Kris."


"If he is a poor man, then he might give the clothes that keep him warm.

You must not keep that security overnight."

- Deuteronomy 24:12