Chapter 3

Unspoken Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How have I missed you, Jiyong. It’s time to meet again. That message was more than enough to cause the rising urge in Jiyong to smash his phone against the wall. The leader had to control, he has to because there are too many eyes in the shooting studio.

I’m not free. Jiyong pressed against the send button in frustration. He don’t know why, when and how did he become a puppet of that psychopath. He shifted his gaze towards that guy sitting next to Seunghyun. The bags under his eyes seemed heavier that the foundations and powder weren’t sufficient to cover. Seunghyun was right, if Jiyong don’t care about maknae, he should stop harassing the panda boy in his dream. Jiyong is in a mess, but he could clearly tell that Seungri was a total wrecked too.

“He is still running a slight fever. If it bothers you for the least bit, please go there and not watch him silently from here,” Taeyang said when he caught his best friend looking at maknae. Perhaps, you can say that Taeyang was already used to pushing Seungri towards Jiyong. Taeyang learnt that his pain was insignificant compared to maknae’s. Jiyong is the best remedy for Seungri, they all know. They just didn’t know how much damage could be brought upon the youngest if Jiyong didn’t keep that distance.

Jiyong ah Jiyong, you’ll regret. Jiyong didn’t even bother to reply his best friend. He clutched his phone tightly after reading the message. That demon was crossing the dragon’s limit.

“Some thing is wrong?” Taeyang asked, concerned about Jiyong. No matter how much he couldn’t understand Jiyong’s change, no matter how upset he is over Jiyong’s attitude towards the maknae, and no matter how jealous he is over Jiyong’s ability to have maknae’s love and attention, Taeyang truly cares for Jiyong. The bonds and friendship that they had built over those years will not be broken that easily. But likewise, it doesn’t mean that the bonds can withstand all pressure. What will happen when it meets with betrayer and lies? Nobody knows, not even the main mastermind behind this entire game.

“Nothing, not that I can’t handle,” Jiyong lied. Jiyong can’t handle. He just had to pretend that he is able to. He is Kwon Jiyong and since that demon had chosen him to be the main character in this game, Jiyong figured out that he will play well enough to protect Seungri.

“Nobody is that strong Ji.”

“I’m Kwon Jiyong.”

Taeyang could only shake his head as he looked at his best friend. Nobody is that strong, and Taeyang was right. Seungri isn’t really the strong and over confident kid that everyone sees. Maybe he was but his confidence had long vanished with the old Jiyong they knew. Seunghyun isn’t that strong too. At the very least, he wished he could be loved in return instead to having to watch your childhood friend occupy the heart of the one you love. Daesung isn’t strong, and for that, everyone knew. But surprisingly, when the right time comes, Daesung might be the strongest amongst the five, as he fought hard for the happiness of the one he loves. Taeyang may be strong, but the finest wall built may fall too. Nobody knows and they were taught not to read too much into the future because all you see is pitch black. Last but not least, Kwon Jiyong. He is the leader, the dragon, and the golden boy that is well loved by many. But he those are not what he really needs. Deep in him stays a small little kid, grabbing onto the slightest hope that Seungri can forever be his.

“Bae hyung, is Jiyong hyung alright?”

“You should worry more for yourself Ri, the blusher isn’t even enough to cover your paleness and your eye bags…”

“I have to live up to the name VIPs had given isn’t it?” Seungri chuckled at the singer but his eyes never really left the leader. He could only smile when he saw Jiyong putting the phone that has been disturbing him aside to catch a really short wink. For the entire night, Jiyong never left his mind. Those times when Jiyong playfully teased Seungri, those moments when Jiyong tried to kiss the younger and those times when nyongtory was more than real. Seungri truly missed them. He wondered why is it in his dreams then he can relive those moments? What scares him was that even in his dreams, Jiyong never failed to leave him behind and walk away, never looking back for even once.

“Ri, just go back to the couch and rest. Seunghyun hyung is going to skin me alive if I were to take away your recovery time,” Taeyang joked before excusing himself to the washroom.

“I have the best brothers in the world…” Seungri whispered to himself, feeling slightly happy that there are still so many people who care for him. Seungri didn’t know that Daesung had overheard his mumblings, and that Daesung’s expression turned into an indescribable one.

“You can never be more wrong than this Ri…” he uttered. A smile was seen, but all you could see in that smile was pain. Daesung honestly wish that Seungri can take his eyes off Jiyong for just a few seconds to look at the others; Daesung wished Seungri can open up his heart to not just Jiyong; Daesung wished Seungri could hear the whispers of his heart.

Hide it well boy; don’t let anyone see your heart.

----------

 

 

“Good take, another one!”

“Daesung’s fringe is a little messy, stylist!”

“Lower the speed of the fan.”

First half of the shoot had gone passed just like this. The boys were cooperative and nyongtory was more than cooperative on the cameras. The boys looked so harmonious together, laughing together as the shoot progressed. It felt like the older days were back. Seunghyun being his bingu self, Taeyang the ever caring mother who defend the maknae who was getting teased, Daesung being his smiling angel and Jiyong, the one who is in charge of the push and pull in Nyongtory. Nobody knew how these five were secretly hoping for the camera to be flashing at them forever. Even if it was just for the sake of show, they truly enjoy it. How long has it been since they last saw the old Jiyong? How long has it been since they last saw Seungri’s bright smile? How long has it been since Taeyang felt like his children were genuinely enjoying themselves? How long has it been since Seunghyun felt less burdensome? How long has it been since Daesung could party and get high together with the maknae?

“Great job boys, everyone take a break and change to the next set of clothes.”

They knew that once the shutters of the camera are off, those smiles would fade away too. Jiyong watched the youngest walk away with Seunghyun. Maknae looked really unwell, and what flooded Jiyong’s entire mind was the scene when he walked past maknae’s room last night, seeing his maknae crying for him in the dream. Never once did Jiyong had the courage to push the door to comfort the crying maknae, because Jiyong knew that he can never promise to not leave the youngest behind. All he could do was to stand behind the door as he placed his palms together, praying for Seungri to be fine.

“Jiyong sshi? Please get change so that I can reapply your make up for the next set.”

Jiyong nodded before grabbing the clothes and walk towards the changing room. On his way, their eyes met. The panda was seemingly asking for the leader’s attention but no, Jiyong could only roll his eyes, roll his weaknesses away and brush past the youngest shoulders. That moment, some things were shattering again.

“G-Dragon sshi is getting really arrogant lately isn’t it? I heard from a friend who works in YG that he isn’t close to the members like we see. I think it’s because of his fame. Is he proud or something? Have you heard about the incident that happened in the recording room just yesterday?” one of the crew gossiped out of a sudden. You know your actions are watched by the public when you are an idol isn’t it?

“What happened?”

“G-Dragon totally screamed his head off at Seungri! That was crazy. I wish I was there to see. If the reporters knew, the Gri couple will surely hit South Korea’s headline in less than an hour!” The girl laughed as she watched her friend looking at her unbelievably. The gossips just went on and on. Of course, Jiyong heard it. He didn’t mean to but he accidentally overheard while walking towards the pantry. It would be a lie if you say that Jiyong wasn’t affected by their words. Indeed, the leader went overboard yesterday but he had to do it to prevent himself from weakening in front of the maknae. Nobody knew his pain.

“Yah! I would appreciate if gossip queens like you can just shut up. You don’t know anything about Jiyong hyung!” a familiar voice yelled. Jiyong got a shock for a second but he saw the owner of the voice, Seungri. Seungri was looking for Jiyong to tell him that the director was looking for him. He saw the leader standing outside the pantry and it was only when he walked closer, then he heard those disgusting words that the girls were talking a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter