Chapter 1

Unspoken Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun hid right behind the dark clouds. There was no trace of sunlight in the sky.  The wind was blowing and thrashing in the tree tops and the boughs moaned. The morning was cold and wet with a brisk wind sweeping the rain across the land. A curtain of rain beat down from the heavens. Wrapped in his thin layer of beanpole sweater and cardigan, he quickened his footsteps as he carried cups of coffee from the nearby café towards the building. The rain was pouring and his umbrella weren’t able to shelter him completely. However, that didn’t stop him from alighting at a street away to buy his hyung’s favourite coffee. To be exact, it was Jiyong’s favourite coffee. Buying Jiyong’s favourite cup of coffee had become part of his daily routine. The only time he wouldn’t buy is when he has schedules early in the morning; and only then he would personally dial the café to send a cup of warm coffee to wherever Jiyong will be.

It was never like this in the past. It used to be a routine for Jiyong and Seungri to visit the café every morning together. They would order a warm cup of coffee on rainy and cold days, and a cup of frappuccino on those days when the sun would be blazingly hot. After which they will spend at least an hour chatting before they move off for practices or their respective schedules. They were close, really close. Indeed, Jiyong’s best friend was Taeyang but everyone and anyone could clearly see that Seungri was different. He is the only one who can make Jiyong spill out his darkest secrets and inner thoughts unknowingly. The YG members call him the ‘Dragon’s weakness’. And of course, everyone was aware that Jiyong is Seungri’s favourite hyung. So it was never surprising that these two shared such a close bond. But some things do change. The world is constantly changing and even us, as humans, we change too.

So as time passes, year by year, Bigbang became more and more famous. They are the top Korean group. Their workload increases with their fame. Whether is it studio albums, extended plays, compilation albums, live albums or singles, Bigbang’s work never seemed to stop. Never forget, Daesung and Seungri’s respective musical activities, Top and Seungri’s respective dramas, Daesung’s participation on Family Outing, Jiyong’s song writings, Taeyang’s individual schedules as well as, photo shoots for every single one of the members. It just kept piling. It has clearly shown how the members have started to work individually. Everyone was busy with their solo albums and career.

And like what have been mentioned earlier, things change. Jiyong changed; and somehow Seungri changed too. Seungri lost his cheerfulness. Seungri became delusional, broken and anything you can think of. Jiyong became harsher and more impatient. He loses his temper easily. Some say that it’s because of those heavy workload that was stressing him out; some say that it’s because Jiyong’s pride had grew with his fame; some say it’s because Jiyong was YG’s golden boy, Jiyong was priceless and YG cannot do without him. But Seungri never believed any of it. He never believed that Jiyong would be an arrogant artist like others had said. He doubted everyone else’s words, he doubted Seunghyun’s reminder, doubted Taeyang’s advice, doubted Daesung’s words and he doubted the fear in his heart; the fear that constantly reminding him that the Jiyong he sees right now is no longer the Jiyong knew. Jiyong no longer have time to play with Seungri like he used to. Seungri seldom see Jiyong in the morning because by the time he woke up, Jiyong would have already start working on his songs in the studio. The leader and maknae lives together, but they are probably the ones that meets the least. So all along, was Tom and Jerry slowly disappearing?

“Ri, why are you soaking wet? You’ll fall sick like this!” Taeyang nagged at the youngest as he watched Seungri keeping his umbrella into a plastic bag. The youngest was being careful in whatever he was doing so that he will not spill the coffee that he had tried his best to bring here.

“Dry yourself first. The air con here might freeze you at this rate,” Daesung advised ever caringly. He is Daesung after all, the caring smiling angel. However, the stubborn maknae refused to listen.

“Where is Jiyong hyung?” Seungri asked as his eyes had never stopped roaming around the room, looking for every single possible spot his favourite could be at. But of course, there was no sight of Jiyong around.

“Ji is in the recording studio. But ri-” Taeyang couldn’t even finish his words. The youngest had already run out with that cup of coffee that he was still trying to keep warm. He had to pass it to Jiyong on his own, because that will be the only way for him to see him, for Jiyong to look at him in the eye even if he wouldn’t even say a simple ‘thank you’. Seungri wasn’t asking for a lot. He just wanted to be there for his hyung and do whatever Jiyong wants.

“Why is maknae even doing this to himself?” Daesung asked as he watched the younger running out of his sight. He was frustrated. He was frustrated to see Seungri getting hurt each time he gets closer to Jiyong. Jiyong is like a cactus, and Seungri refused to stay away even with countless advices. Daesung knew that when Seungri is hurt, he would feel hurt too, for a particular reason that he can never say. It was a chain effect.

“Maybe he finds it worthwhile. Maybe just seeing Ji was enough to make today a better day. Maybe the freezing temperature outside and in this building wasn’t warmer than Ji’s cold treatment. Maybe, just maybe, Ri was following his heart.” Taeyang uttered as he looked at the dry shirt he was holding onto, which was meant for Seungri to change. He figured that in Seungri’s hierarchy, Ji is always on the top. He doesn’t want to disrupt or mess up Seungri’s life. There are certain things that were better to be left unsaid. He chose to be rational. Taeyang didn’t follow what his heart truly wanted; because that was the only way he can help Seungri.

At least, the sound of the raindrops was loud enough to cover the words their heart speaks.

----------

 

“Jiyongie hyung!” Seungri exclaimed excitedly as he barged into the recording room. He quickly placed the coffee in front of Jiyong, and his smile had never left his face. It was that smile that never failed to make Jiyong’s heart flutters. Jiyong didn’t say a word, but just sat there quietly as he watched his maknae placed a cup of coffee of his table, in front of his files. He knew what it was, he knew because it’s the flavour that both he and Seungri love. That aroma reminded him of every single memory he had with Seungri; and at the same time, it warned him of so many other things he can no longer do with Seungri. His heart was smiling at the sight of Seungri, but it was so close to crying too. But all the time, he had put on his poker face.                   

“Hyung! Quick, drink it while it’s still hot!” Seungri said as he lifted the lid of the cup and holds it in front of Jiyong. He wasn’t really hoping for a thank you right now, but just a simple and genuine smile from Jiyong. He wondered how long it has been since he last saw Jiyong’s smile. He always loved to see his favourite hyung smile, even if he is not the reason but as long as Jiyong smile, he would feel happy. It was like an indescribable joy.

Maknae is innocent. Jiyong thought and Jiyong knew.

“What do you think you are doing now? I’m doing work here Ri. This is certainly not your playground and I’m not in the mood to entertain you like the rest would. If you’re incapable of contributing to the group, I suggest you reconsider your stay in Bigbang. I don’t need a member who only knows how to mess things up!” Jiyong reprimanded sternly. He looked at Seungri, his maknae, his broken maknae. Seungri wore an unexpected expression. Jiyong wanted to just let all his fear go and hug his maknae. He wanted to tell Seungri that everything would be fine. All that had passed is in the past. But Jiyong can’t. The moment he found out the truth, he knew he had already lost his maknae.

“Hyung, I-” Seungri was about to say something but Teddy accide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter