Anticipation

10th Anniversary With DBSK and JYJ

At last, JYJ arrived at the cafe. It was positioned just on the edge of a quaint little highstreet, which was dotted with neat rows of thin, tall trees and wooden benches. Jaejoong suddenly groaned, catching Junsu and Yoochun's curiosity. "What's the matter?" Yoochun asked. 

"I don't know...I just feel unsure about this," Jaejoong admitted; embarrased, his eyes and broad shoulders lowered along with the excitement he once felt towards this big day.

Junsu patted Jaejoong's shoulder. "Don't worry so much, it's going to be fun!"

Yoochun knew Junsu well enough to detect a slight presence of uncertainty in Junsu's tone. He wondered if Jaejoong had detected it too, but Jaejoong just loosened the collar of his plain white shirt and encouraged the members to hurry into the cafe so that they could drink something cold. Jaejoong and Yoochun let Junsu walk in first so that he could greet his brother (and the stranger who they only knew as Jongkook) first. They looked around the cafe with anticipation, but no sign of Junho or his friend Jongkook could be found. Instead, an eager waitress greeted the three politely from behind the till counter and invited them to sit wherever they pleased. The cafe was modern in contrast to the highstreet outside, and still almost desolate, much to their relief, so Yoochun approached the till to order drinks whilst Jaejoong and Junsu sat down on some high-end black leather seats at a small coffee table. Junsu saw this as a good time to try to help Jaejoong with his unease.

"Jaejoong-ah, what's wrong? Tell me," Junsu's dark eyes looked straight into Jaejoong's with concern and interest. 

"It's nothing, really..." Jaejoong replied, showing an overly-keen interest towards Yoochun and the waitress's casual chat. She was so intrigued by whatever it was that Yoochun was saying that she had forgotten where she'd placed the two drinks of theirs which were ready and slightly knocked one with her elbow, causing cola to dribble down onto Yoochun's hand. It caused laughter and the atmosphere was now more relaxed. Jaejoong slouched back in the seat a little.

"What is the plan for today?" Jaejoong casually asked Junsu. 

Junsu's smile faded as he quickly thought through what he could and couldn't tell. "Ah, that..." he started, clearing his throat. "We were planning on visiting a theme park together, and then..." He got cut off as Yoochun arrived at the table to place their drinks down and sit down himself. 

Jaejoong told Yoochun (deliberately mentioning that they were going on one of the tallest rollercoasters in the world), causing a now anxious Yoochun to pipe up. "Ah, seriously - you know I don't like heights!"

Junsu and Jaejoong smirked at one another. Yoochun caught on. Yoochun gave Jaejoong a mean look, shouting "yah! You think that's funny? You think that's funny, punk?" and then Junsu joined in on giving Jaejoong a noogie. Jaejoong was laughing, too, but shouting for them to stop because they were messing up his hair. 

All of a sudden, the door of the toilet entrance at the back of the cafe swung open and out walked Junho, shortly followed by Jongkook.